• StephannieL
    StephannieL Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Ooops! That was was supposed to say my first 5K of the season. LOL
  • webbeyes
    webbeyes Posts: 105 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

It still doesn't synch up with MFP although it does synch up well with it's own software. LOL
    May contact FitBit and see if they have any ideas.

Mine wasn't synching with MFP so I "removed" the connection to it from MFP, then re-added the relationship ... and it's worked like a charm since
  • trish56832
    trish56832 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hello group! I am 41 (42 in August) and have struggled with my weight since puberty. I enjoy being active but am challenged when it comes to resisting unhealthy food and cravings!! I am currently 169lbs 5'5" goal of 135ish. I started back with MFP in January and am losing extremely slow -constantly needing to remind myself that it's ok to lose slow and that a loss is a loss!!! I weigh every Saturday morning for record but weigh a few times in between just for my own torture. This week is not looking so great -I have been eating a LOT of ice cream! I have however been enjoying the break in our Illinois weather and have been a walking machine! Hoping for balance because as painful as it has been I have weighed and recorded every gram of that ice cream and although not under my net goal I'm not terribly over either ;) looking forward to the group and getting to know everyone a bit more! A couple personal tid bits- I love dogs have 3- also have 4 boys 2 in college and 2 in high school. I am signing off now to go hit the neighborhood for a 3 mile walk.... I had ice cream for breakfast today... I know I know :/
  • trish56832
    Options

Have my 5K of the season on Saturday. It's supposed to rain, sleet and snow. Oh joy. Just what I want to run in. Ugh!!!! Pulled out my cold weather gear to run in and hoping that I will stay warm. Hate running in that mess! Ick! LOL

[/quote]

A couple years ago I did the Spartan Race. I live in illinois and it was "unseasonably" cold : of course the weather is generally not seasonable most days in illinois lol ! We froze! Cold water wet from head to toe and we actually found we were warmer as we stripped off layers of drenched gear lol! It was a blast and the changing tents with heaters felt amazing after we finished!

Enjoy that 5k and add it to the accomplishment list especially if it snows!!
  • trish56832
    Options
    Ooops! That was was supposed to say my first 5K of the season. LOL

Have my 5K of the season on Saturday. It's supposed to rain, sleet and snow. Oh joy. Just what I want to run in. Ugh!!!! Pulled out my cold weather gear to run in and hoping that I will stay warm. Hate running in that mess! Ick! LOL

[/quote]

A couple years ago I did the Spartan Race. I live in illinois and it was "unseasonably" cold : of course the weather is generally not seasonable most days in illinois lol ! We froze! Cold water wet from head to toe and we actually found we were warmer as we stripped off layers of drenched gear lol! It was a blast and the changing tents with heaters felt amazing after we finished!

Enjoy that 5k and add it to the accomplishment list especially if it snows!!
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    hey Kids, hope all of you are well and in good spirits.

Being a caretaker is very difficult and yesterday I had a MAJOR breakdown. It's been going on for over a year and I am overdue in talking about it. Often times, we give so much concern and care to the sick person, and he caregiver is forgotten.
    You know I was out of it to miss my extreme fit class. I willl box tonight as I have to rid my body of this stress.

Have a great day everyone.

Caramel- Hugs to you dear! My husband has been on disability for a number of years and while I haven't had to do everything for him, he has needed more and more assistance as the years go by, so I do get it. I find that I need the exercise more for stress relief and the health benefits are an added bonus. Sdereski is right- take care of you! :heart: :heart:

Didn't have to be in to work until 12:00 today so I spent the morning with my little guy. Fun as always! I am at work until 8:00 tonight so no kickboxing, but running and weights in the morning and then I think I am going to a ladies night at the rec center where I work out. It's an 80s' theme and they are going to do step aerobics and have some vendors there. Should be a good time. A couple of my co-workers are going as well.

• SkpTex66
    SkpTex66 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi there 40 plus group. I could always use some more friends while on this journey. Hope everyone is doing well!
  • bluescholar
    bluescholar Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    hi, 40Ps! I am in Indy and looking forward to enjoying the spring come in. what is this cool kid doing? I'll be navigating the melting snow banks on my 2015 harley!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    hey everyone!!! I meant to post yesterday but I couldn't even finish it. Spent time with my son since he is on spring break this week. I'm at work today. Planning on going swimming after work.

More later...take care!!!!
  • mommylern5
    mommylern5 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Soooooo did not want to work out today but I did anyway & I'm so glad! Just some light stuff but anything is good right lol!
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I did my 30 day shred and elliptical today, I'm still not totally loving it, but feel really good when it's done and can feel myself getting stronger.
    I went down to the sewing room today and finished quilting a lady's quilt, it turned out really great. Still trying to get organized for quilt retreat next weekend. My guild goes each year from Friday whenever you get there (me, mid morning) until you want to leave Mid day Sunday. I am a little nervous about the food situation. I am planning on bringing a big salad for each day's lunch and try to stay away from the make your own waffles. Also planning on sitting as far away from the snack table as I can get. Last year I was right by it and every time someone got anything sweet, I could smell it. I am bringing healthy snacks for sure.
    I hope everyone is having a good week.
  • kerrymelissa1
    kerrymelissa1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I hope you had a great day. My name is Kerry. I have about 50 lbs to lose. I have been logging in for 70 days now. Looking forward to meetibg you. Feel free to friend me. We can motivate each other. I am getting ready for my zumba class tonight. Love it.
  • Curiousgeorgianna
    Curiousgeorgianna Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday Cool Kids!
    It's almost the weekend! Anybody have fun plans?
    It's been a good day so far. Motored in on Buttercup. Went to Hard CORE at lunch, and am meeting a gf at the gym right after work for some more strength building. Had homemade vegan "cream" of celery soup for breakfast, and low sodium organic veggie soup for lunch. Feel good. The goal is to have a big salad with home-canned tuna for dinner, and nothing after 7 p.m. Wish me luck...that's the hardest time of day for me. I tend to gravitate toward a nice microbrew or glass of wine, and that usually prompts snacking. Bad cycle!

KS, the 80's themed aerobics sounds like so much fun! I remember my leotards and sweat bands and those hysterical colors! Have a blast.

Stephannie, Trish is right, the 5K slush run will be fun! Wool socks!!!

Webbeyes, sorry about the mussle pull! Just when you got back on that horse! Hope it passes quickly.

Sdereski, she's unbearble adorable! And isn't that just the way workouts go?!?! Uphill both ways! ;)

Caramel, sending love and support to you! Caregiving is so hard. I only had a taste of it after Bruce's motorcycle accident. He couldn't do much of anything. It was exhausting for me, and I'm sure it was 10x worse for him, but that doesn't discount my own experience. And I know it's the same for you. You have to care for yourself. It may even mean boundaries - or asking for help. I wish I could offer more. <3

Beeps, safe travel and solace today.

Larro, cool! You get to play with fire!

vomckey, have a fun road trip! There's (almost) always something reasonable on the menu. You can do this!!

Alisha, glad you got some aerobic time. How's your daugher?

Greetings to all the rest of you Cool Kids!

Have a great one.
  • MomFLYer
    MomFLYer Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Vertigo is gone, van has died, and I'm doing much better at my nursing assistant job! Car shopping this weekend! Gotta find something we can afford.
  • Danmsw
    Danmsw Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    46. Time to take the weight off. I am the healthiest 400lb man alive but I am well aware that could change overnight. My goal is to be 275 within a year and i dont foresee that being problem. I have made all the changes needed to do so. Central florida here. Will have my blog up and going tomorrow with opinions, workouts, and progress notes.
  • JackieUnlimited
    JackieUnlimited Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Did a total of 14,758 steps today...of course that is with two good walks with the dog tonight, a 20 minute run on the treadmill at lunch and any other walking around.

Way to go Natalie!

Welcome KerryMelissa. I love Zumba but haven't done it in a while.

MomFLYer glad to hear the vertigo is gone. I only had that sensation about 12 years ago...defiantly not fun.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Good evening Cool Kids.

Beeps, I only have three tractors, but I am always looking for a good deal on my next one. They don't get very many hours, but I do like having them.

Webb, I feel your pain. My shoulders {and hips} have been giving me a fit the last couple of weeks. Planting the pine trees got them fired up, and they haven't calmed all the way down yet.

Caramel, Margie's mom and brother were handicapped, so we know about the stress of being caregivers. After Margie's mom got too bad to stay at home, she went by the nursing home everyday to visit. Then when her mom died, her brother was in the nursing home the next week, so she visited him the same way. Until he went in the nursing home, I was his main caregiver. We have been lucky with Mamma so far. She can still drive herself to Altha and Blountstown.

Sdereski, that is a pretty grandbaby. And yes, we do have more land {and stuff} than I can take proper care of. Our part of the Larro Ranchero is made up of 40 acres {here at the house}, 28 acres {pond}, 10 acres {more pine trees}, 2 acres {the old house}. My sister has a like amount of land, and we share two pieces on the Chipola River of 55 and 10 acres.

We spent a long tiring day in town. Lot of it at the car dealership. Look what followed us home.

mo460fwaat2c.jpg
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    hey Kids, hope all of you are well and in good spirits.

Being a caretaker is very difficult and yesterday I had a MAJOR breakdown. It's been going on for over a year and I am overdue in talking about it. Often times, we give so much concern and care to the sick person, and he caregiver is forgotten.

You are such an amazing person, when we are blessed with empathy it can be a hard trait for us to feel balanced. If we do not help we feel guilty, if we do help our own energy gets depleted. You will get through this and what you are giving is an amazing gift. I will keep you in my thoughts & prayers. Is there someone else who could help give you some relief? You are just as important as the person you are caring for. Don't forgot that <3
  • alishaspringle
    alishaspringle Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hey, welcome newbies! HatFullofSky, I love your book, I mean screen name. I'm mourning Sir Terry, as I'm sure you are.

I hope your caretaker meltdown gave you some emotional release, Caramel, and maybe helps with impetus to set up plans to take care of yourself without guilt. I also wish I could help.

Curious, my daughter seems to be recovering okay. She's not happy with her new medication routine, and I'm sure there will be challenges ahead, but right now we're in a good place.

No workout today - still sore from yesterday - but tomorrow I'm going kayaking. I've been wanting to for years. Excited!
  • trish56832
    Options
    larrodarro wrote: »
    Good evening Cool Kids.

Beeps, I only have three tractors, but I am always looking for a good deal on my next one. They don't get very many hours, but I do like having them.

Webb, I feel your pain. My shoulders {and hips} have been giving me a fit the last couple of weeks. Planting the pine trees got them fired up, and they haven't calmed all the way down yet.

Caramel, Margie's mom and brother were handicapped, so we know about the stress of being caregivers. After Margie's mom got too bad to stay at home, she went by the nursing home everyday to visit. Then when her mom died, her brother was in the nursing home the next week, so she visited him the same way. Until he went in the nursing home, I was his main caregiver. We have been lucky with Mamma so far. She can still drive herself to Altha and Blountstown.

Sdereski, that is a pretty grandbaby. And yes, we do have more land {and stuff} than I can take proper care of. Our part of the Larro Ranchero is made up of 40 acres {here at the house}, 28 acres {pond}, 10 acres {more pine trees}, 2 acres {the old house}. My sister has a like amount of land, and we share two pieces on the Chipola River of 55 and 10 acres.

We spent a long tiring day in town. Lot of it at the car dealership. Look what followed us home.

mo460fwaat2c.jpg

Congrats on the new wheels!!!