Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• landfish
    landfish Posts: 255 Member
    I feel like a failure as a parent because my 14 year old is having serious emotional issues and my daughter is already fairly overweight at 10 years old.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    This thread makes me want to try Firehouse Subs.

If you have a Which wich where you live, they are awesome, too. They have a really good tomato and avocado sandwich. I add hummus to it :).

• sayyestohealthy
    sayyestohealthy Posts: 16 Member
    I've been reading this discussion since it began but here's my first confession..

I just ate 100 grams of hummus.. it was about to expire so I had to right? :p
  • landfish
    landfish Posts: 255 Member
    I've been reading this discussion since it began but here's my first confession..

It was the right thing to do.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    landfish wrote: »

It was the right thing to do.

She really had no choice in the matter, right?
  • tincanonastring
    Confession: I pre-logged my nighttime snack and put in 200g of strawberries with my cottage cheese instead of 100g. I had already hit submit when I realized my mistake. Rather than reopening the diary and fixing it, I just ate the snack as I had logged it. 200g of strawberries is too many strawberries.
    giphy.gif
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Confession: I pre-logged my nighttime snack and put in 200g of strawberries with my cottage cheese instead of 100g. I had already hit submit when I realized my mistake. Rather than reopening the diary and fixing it, I just ate the snack as I had logged it. 200g of strawberries is too many strawberries.
    giphy.gif
    There is no such thing as too many strawberries! You sit on a throne of lies! (Lies and also peeps.)
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    edited March 2015
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Bulls_23 wrote: »
    I'm 24 years old and I found 10+ greys in the front of my hair this morning..

I started to go grey in college but now it's just a streak in my hair a little like Rogue. I embraced those grey hairs. The other parts of my body? Those grey hairs can go straight to hell!

Well Rogue is pretty awesome!

Agreed. I wish my greys only came in a streak. Ugh.

I finished my book yesterday... Still can't start another one. I always need some time between a book and another, to get some kind of closure I guess (which I can't... considering that there's still one book left and it's not coming out for 17 months and it makes me want to scream).

I am the same way. Especially if the book takes a drastic turn and I am left traumatized lol. One book hit me pretty hard and I tried to start another one a bit later that day and I had to put it down because I couldn't focus on it.

I currently have three series that I am now waiting for the next book to come out. :(

Confession: I have become violently angry at the conclusion of books in the past. It is common for me to finish a novel and immediately throw it across the room if I don't like the ending. I read the a book called "HAB Theory" about 10 years or ago and was so incensed at how the author chose to end it that I read the last sentence, shook my head in disbelief, walked outside, and torched it with lighter fluid.

That's hard core

You have no idea. I've had a love affair with the English language since I was three. I've got a degree in English Literature and wondered why we didn't read more in the classes I took. My book collection has spilled into 4 different rooms at my house and is making hostile overtures toward a 5th. In second grade, a bunch of people sponsored me for the March of Dimes readathon. Most of them pledged $1 or $2 a book, probably thinking I'd read about 10 or so. I needed two forms to submit the 135 book titles I read that month. Most people only sponsored me at $.10 to a quarter per book from then on.

I tell you all that to make this clear: I *kitten* love books. I view the written word as one of the great pinnacles of human civilization and credit mass publication with the great social improvements of the last 500 years. For me, to burn a book is an almost unthinkable act of heresy. But that *kitten* guy wrote what has to be one of the worst *kitten* endings in the history of bad *kitten* endings. *kitten* thing may as well have ended with a fadeout to show it all took place in a goddamn snowglobe. *kitten* HAB Theory.

Confession: I sometimes overreact to insignificant things.

I like the cut of your jib.
  • tincanonastring
    giphy.gif
    There is no such thing as too many strawberries! You sit on a throne of lies! (Lies and also peeps.)

Hey, don't give me a bag of *kitten*! I ate them, didn't I? I was like you once; young and foolish with a naive belief that one could shove strawberries into my facehole with wanton glee.

hWIZHzO.gif
  • tartansheep
    tartansheep Posts: 122 Member
    just ate a 1000 calorie easter egg and two 210 cals choc bars - 1400 calories!! The egg was only £1.50. oh god.
    -
    mind you I won't be eating chocolate orange for a while...
  • Bulls_23
    Bulls_23 Posts: 199 Member
    Tincan, who are some of your favorite authors? (Fellow English major!)
  • tautau30
    tautau30 Posts: 14 Member
    I sneak a few fries off my coworkers plate during lunch because all I pack is high protein and veggies very limited carbs.
  • tincanonastring
    Bulls_23 wrote: »
    Tincan, who are some of your favorite authors? (Fellow English major!)

Gah, I mean, that's a toughie. Overall? By genre? By movement?

Here's some biggies on my bookshelves:

Thomas Pynchon
    Aldous Huxley
    Alice Walker
    Jean Toomer
    Toni Morrison
    John Updike
    Douglas Coupland
    Shel Silverstein
    Amiri Baraka
    Jonathan Franzen
    Gertrude Stein
    David Sedaris
    Jonathan Krakauer
    E.A. Poe
    Steven King (pre-1995) - I think a lot of people overlook King. Especially for English majors and writes, I really believe there's merit in examining his character development.
    William S. Burroughs
    Jack Kerouac

God, there's so many more.
  • tautau30
    tautau30 Posts: 14 Member
    Im a diabetic but I crave bad stuff like fries ice cream and chocolate most days. So I sneak fries
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    giphy.gif

I struggled to finish 75 tonight. I can't imagine 200.
  • Scorpiotwin
    Scorpiotwin Posts: 124 Member
    tautau30 wrote: »
    Im a diabetic but I crave bad stuff like fries ice cream and chocolate most days. So I sneak fries

Same here. I had two chocolate chip cookies from whole foods and they were delicious.
  • malovafarms
    malovafarms Posts: 78 Member
    I woke up last night at 3 am had two tablespoons of peanut butter, some pineapple juice to wash it down then went back to bed.. as if my body woke up to say what are u doing to me ? lol logged it as snack today :)
  • Scorpiotwin
    Scorpiotwin Posts: 124 Member
    I've gained 3 lbs this past week and I'm pissed. I've been very slack on me eating and I've been suffering from bouts of vertigo, so I haven't been working out as much. I've just been adding quick calories out of embarrassment over my poor eating habits.
  • minipony
    minipony Posts: 194 Member
    Sometimes I can eat two packs of gum throughout a movie. When it loses its flavor I get a few new pieces.
  • minipony
    minipony Posts: 194 Member
    I've started to up my fibre and it's been having some slight *ahem* 'windy' results, which seem to happen particularly when I do cardio.

Luckily, the classes I do (BodyCombat and BodyAttack) have VERY loud music, so I just try and hold it in until I know the music will drown it out... (luckily, it's just noise and no odour, otherwise I'd be found out)

I looooove those classes!!