Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    foshizol wrote: »
    I tell people at work that I want to live longer and bring my cholesterol down. However, I just want to be pretty. (*)

Great reason! You can do it! And maybe you should start telling people that, just to see their reactions...
  • TheBigFb
    TheBigFb Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    i once gave a nun 6 bottles of fully alcoholic beer when she asked for NON-ALCO

The first one was a mistake, I reckoned it was too late to change after that, so thinking she'd only have two I said I'll keep going

She was sh*tfaced leaving the restaurant
  • BZAH10
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I let my son get breakfast at school because he gets there an hour early for practice. I'm debating making him get up earlier to eat at home instead, since I found out the school offers a daily breakfast of a pop tart, and nothing else, as an option. Might as well hand out Snickers bars. Actually, the Snickers would have more nutritional value.

Well that's just pathetic! (on the school's part; not yours) And, I'm assuming "practice" entails some sort of physical activity? Just what exactly is the school trying to teach these kids? I know, it's a funding issue I'm sure and it's not completely the school's fault, but still. Makes me shake my head.

Oh, and even if by "practice" you meant music or speech and debate or theater, etc. the kids still need good nutrition!
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I wish I were as skillful at tuning out noises as some of you guys in this thread. I'd like to get back into reading since I haven't done that since the Harry Potter series, but it's very rare that I can sit in a quiet room for hours at a time without anyone bothering me or watching TV/playing video games. I feel like I need to leave the house just to get some reading done, but I have no idea where I'd go. Barnes & Noble took out their couch.

I was riding my bike on the local Greenway yesterday, and saw lots of people in hammocks in the trees by the river reading. That looked nice. I am gonna get a hammock.
  • BZAH10
    Options
    TheBigFb wrote: »
    i once gave a nun 6 bottles of fully alcoholic beer when she asked for NON-ALCO

The first one was a mistake, I reckoned it was too late to change after that, so thinking she'd only have two I said I'll keep going

She was sh*tfaced leaving the restaurant

Um, could she not tell they contained alcohol? Really hope she wasn't driving! Or, perhaps this is just a sarcastic post and it went right over my head...
  • mscheftg
    mscheftg Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I don't always shower for work if I'm not going to get very much sleep (whether it's because I stayed up late or I worked a closing shift one night and in the morning the next day). I just make sure I apply deodorant so I don't stink.

That is why I love dry shampoo. If I'm feeling really sleepy, I'll sleep longer and just use the dry shampoo to get the oil out of my hair, and carry on with plans to shower later. It really enables my laziness.

I only wash my hair 2-3 times per week. My hair is naturally curly; it would be a frizzy disaster if I washed it more frequently. I was fresh from the salon in my profile picture, I wear it curly 99% of the time.

My hair is actually very very straight. But it gets really oily really fast. If I didn't use the dry shampoo, I would have to wash it every single day to not look gross. My fiance and my older son both have different types of curly hair, so I know the struggle lol. You should see the amount of products we have on our counter.

My husband actually double washes his (very) short hair with head and shoulders twice every single morning in the shower. If he runs after work, he does it again. His hair is oily though and he got into the habit as a teenager.

My hair would FALL OUT if I did that. I wash my hair a maximum of three times a week and I have to use conditioner. I have dry scalp and normal to dry hair. Not to mention it looks better the second day anyway, lol

Your hubby might be washing it too much. He's stripping the natural oils, which then mass produce. For a week, just try washing it once. And don't use super hot water. Just my two cents. :)
  • TheBigFb
    Options
    Relax, she wasnt driving, she was nearly blind ffs. And far too old to have a licence
  • TheBigFb
    Options
    Id say she could tell the next morning lol
  • HaleysHeartfeltJourney
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    hdtd2013 wrote: »
    If my treadmill wasn't in my living room, I probably wouldn't be as motivated as I am lately, I feel like its taunting me. Also, if it didn't have a port to connect to my phone, and a fan built into it, it probably wouldn't be as fun when I work out and would kill my motivation some.

My workaround is using my kid's music stand with my tablet on it and an external speaker. I should probably just look into one of those add on book holders that attaches to it.

Haha yesterday I played my kids favorite songs while I worked out over the speaker on the treadmill. They danced while I worked out and it was fun for everyone and entertained my 9mo old while in his walker because he LOVES music lol its a win-win. I also use my 9 mo old as a weight for squats. Hes ebf so he wants to be held a lot because I'm his security blanket lol and its a win win cause his laughter is motivating to do more squats cause he loves it and hes 20lbs so i dont need weights and i hold him 80% of the day anyways lol

• Bulls_23
    Bulls_23 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Not fitness related, but my boss in an absolute idiot. It's her first year and she has no idea what she's doing, but acts like she's made no mistakes. We have a meeting tonight about something my team did wrong, but really it's 100% a mistake that was made on her end, not ours.

I'm going to have a very difficult time letting her talk negatively about us without letting her know exactly how I feel.
  • rightoncommander
    rightoncommander Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I hurt my calf running 6 months ago. I shaved it to put on rock tape, and the hair still hasn't grown back, so I have one bare calf and one hairy one. The rock tape didn't really help, either.
    Please send more information about this magic razor which stops the hair growing back. Sounds like a winner of an idea for a new product. Tincanonastring can probably help you with your marketing.

I just used my hair clippers with no guard. It's not as smooth as a razor-shaved chin, but it's so thin and fine that in comparison to the rest of my legs, it looks bald. I'm starting to lose my hair, so this unexpected loss is unfortunate.

Anyway, in for a penny, in for a pound. I'm going to give up and do the other one as well, so I'm at least symmetric and can do performance taping for the new running season.
  • selena_teresa
    selena_teresa Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm 24 years old and I found 10+ greys in the front of my hair this morning..

I started to go grey in college but now it's just a streak in my hair a little like Rogue. I embraced those grey hairs. The other parts of my body? Those grey hairs can go straight to hell!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    I've never given 100% effort in my entire life. I've never even come close. In fact, today I only gave 47%, and that was one of my more productive days. I get away with it because my 47% gets the job done well enough to fool people. I channel that surplus effort into chilling out and doing what I want. If they only knew...I could be twice as awesome as I am. If this makes me a bad person, I'm cool with that. ;)

awesomefrog_zps125507b6.jpg

This is me! I always get the highest reviews of everyone in my group at work, and I wonder how much farther along I could be in my career if I wasn't such a slacker.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    lieajane wrote: »
    threnjen wrote: »
    Here's a mean one. I secretly gloat every time I get smaller than a friend who has always been thinner than me. I have surpassed 3 people now that have always been smaller than me.

I'm even worse - I'm thinner than my sister who is half my age. I feel smug when I see she only just fits into her jeans. (then I feel bad for feeling smug)

I'm smaller than my daughter. It makes me sad. :(
  • Bulls_23
    Bulls_23 Posts: 199 Member
    Options

I started to go grey in college but now it's just a streak in my hair a little like Rogue. I embraced those grey hairs. The other parts of my body? Those grey hairs can go straight to hell!

Well Rogue is pretty awesome!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Bulls_23 wrote: »

Agreed. I wish my greys only came in a streak. Ugh.

I finished my book yesterday... Still can't start another one. I always need some time between a book and another, to get some kind of closure I guess (which I can't... considering that there's still one book left and it's not coming out for 17 months and it makes me want to scream).
  • BZAH10
    Options
    lieajane wrote: »
    threnjen wrote: »
    Here's a mean one. I secretly gloat every time I get smaller than a friend who has always been thinner than me. I have surpassed 3 people now that have always been smaller than me.

I'm even worse - I'm thinner than my sister who is half my age. I feel smug when I see she only just fits into her jeans. (then I feel bad for feeling smug)

I'm smaller than my daughter. It makes me sad. :(

Why? Unless it's personal. Just being nosy.
  • stephanieswanberg5
    stephanieswanberg5 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had a Donut today and it was yummy:) now I have to go walk it off.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

I finished my book yesterday... Still can't start another one. I always need some time between a book and another, to get some kind of closure I guess (which I can't... considering that there's still one book left and it's not coming out for 17 months and it makes me want to scream).

I am the same way. Especially if the book takes a drastic turn and I am left traumatized lol. One book hit me pretty hard and I tried to start another one a bit later that day and I had to put it down because I couldn't focus on it.

I currently have three series that I am now waiting for the next book to come out. :(

• tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »

I am the same way. Especially if the book takes a drastic turn and I am left traumatized lol. One book hit me pretty hard and I tried to start another one a bit later that day and I had to put it down because I couldn't focus on it.

I currently have three series that I am now waiting for the next book to come out. :(

Confession: I have become violently angry at the conclusion of books in the past. It is common for me to finish a novel and immediately throw it across the room if I don't like the ending. I read the a book called "HAB Theory" about 10 years or ago and was so incensed at how the author chose to end it that I read the last sentence, shook my head in disbelief, walked outside, and torched it with lighter fluid.