Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• afur73
    afur73 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    i will wear my gym shorts twice before i wash them. although i dont sweat too much when exercising, i like to change my socks and top every time.
  • nar3ll392
    nar3ll392 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm really bad with my cravings and cannot control them. once the idea is planted in my head It festers and I become obsessed with needing the junk food until I have it and then I'm too embarrassed to go back to the personal trainer because I fear what the scale will say, so I don't go.
  • afur73
    afur73 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    JennaD075 wrote: »
    Confession #1: Everyone knows a man should be able to read his women's mind!

We can read your minds, but we just cant make any sense of it.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Since it got cold icy and crappy out I signed up at the local Y to supplement my real gym membership that has all the classes I like. It's been about two months and I haven't gone there once to use the treadmill, elliptical or none of that guff. I get lazy, and I really don't want to workout around any coworkers I know, which is something I don't have to do at the other gym since it's fairly far from where I work. I've been too ashamed to go back and cancel because one of the ladies at the front desk works at the same company I do. I've gotta go back and say, "yeah, no. Whenever I thought of exercising I just got some panera or a DQ blizzard instead and lazily sat on my bum watching Netflix."

I am telling myself that if I get the place with 24 hour access, I'll use it at random times like early Sunday morning or the middle of the night. That place is cheaper too. Mostly I just can't wait till spring so I can go outside running again
  • kimberlydgarcia
    kimberlydgarcia Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    gemm30 wrote: »
    I sweat hideously at the gym, It literally runs off me. I hate it.

That's me. It's so embarrassing! I am trying really hard to not let that be what keeps me from working out. I can see people staring. I religiously wipe down every piece of equipment I touch in hopes to make up for grossing people out.
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    afur73 wrote: »
    JennaD075 wrote: »
    Confession #1: Everyone knows a man should be able to read his women's mind!

We can read your minds, but we just cant make any sense of it.

Neither can they half the time.

Of course that's somehow our fault too.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm almost 37yo, I'm married and I have two kids...

I watch Sailor Moon Crystal on Hulu when I'm alone. And I have a huge Loki (Tom Hiddleston) poster next to my bed (still can't believe my husband agreed to it).

Also it's the first day of TOM and I just finished lunch... and it's 10am.
  • alleycatblue1982
    alleycatblue1982 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've been really good all week, but I am massively hungover today, so just had 10! Chicken wings and 4 smallish slices of pizza, it was much needed but racked with guilt now haha
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I know everyone does what works for them, but I don't like that people don't input their weight gains. It's part of the process; you're not always going to lose. I do it because I want to be completely honest with myself. I can look at the date/week of the gain and see where I went wrong. I gained 1.4 lbs last week because I ate like crap all week. I was disappointed in myself, but I put it in anyway. Now, I'm back to where I was two weeks ago. That misstep pushed me do better this week.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    I know everyone does what works for them, but I don't like that people don't input their weight gains. It's part of the process; you're not always going to lose. I do it because I want to be completely honest with myself. I can look at the date/week of the gain and see where I went wrong. I gained 1.4 lbs last week because I ate like crap all week. I was disappointed in myself, but I put it in anyway. Now, I'm back to where I was two weeks ago. That misstep pushed me do better this week.

I look at it differently. I never have gains from overeating. They're from water. I can easily add 5-10 lbs of water in a few days, then lose it again a few days later. Posting a 6 lb loss twice a week seems dishonest, and counterproductive. I'd rather stick to what I know are actual fat losses, so I can keep adjusting my macros accurately.
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I am scared to quit smoking since I know I'll start compensating on food. :s
  • Gem_Runner
    Gem_Runner Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just went to vitamin shoppe yesterday to buy some Quest Protein bars that were on sale... I am thinking about braving this winter storm warning and getting more since the sale ends today.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I think tomorrow I will turn the lights on the tree, in silent rebuttal to all of the Scrooges here.

lol
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    lizschwab wrote: »
    I might have thrown a whole bag (well almost a whole bag) of M&ms out the car window because I could not stop eating them.

I say whatever it takes to do what you need to do. I've had to take drastic steps myself to get rid of things. I figure squirrels, racoons and possums need to eat as well. I've gotten cookies and not carried them up to my apt. building but tossed them on the lawn instead. I figure the squirrels will wake up to a nice breakfast and I won't be at the beginning of a binge.

I understand some are worried about starving children when they read these types of posts... but in a flash second that's not what comes to mind.. it's survival,mine.
  • SilverRose89
    SilverRose89 Posts: 447 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I am scared to quit smoking since I know I'll start compensating on food. :s

I hear that! :neutral_face:

Today I have eaten mainly left over party food from my housemates birthday last night.

Mozzerella sticks, sausage rolls, chicken goujons, Jalapeno and cheese bites... And I've pretty much lost count. Yum :D
  • xGezziex
    xGezziex Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I look daily at other peoples Food Diaries (or stalk :P) to keep myself motivated and on track with my own diet.
  • Norella23
    Norella23 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have problems with binge eating at night. Given I always stay late (3-4 AM) and wake up (10-11 AM, sometimes even later) because my schedule allows it makes me eat like crap at night, especially this week! I am still working out though and eating right throughout the day. Sometimes I really eat out of boredom not that I want the food so much as that consists of butter cookies, popcorn, or some type of snack like that.

I need to overcome this but hopefully slowly I will
  • Lefty1290
    Options
    lizschwab wrote: »
    I might have thrown a whole bag (well almost a whole bag) of M&ms out the car window because I could not stop eating them.

*gasp* Squidward!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHLATZtlYjQ

Just kidding. Plain m&m's are my favorite, I have a hard time portioning those out. lol
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »

I look at it differently. I never have gains from overeating. They're from water. I can easily add 5-10 lbs of water in a few days, then lose it again a few days later. Posting a 6 lb loss twice a week seems dishonest, and counterproductive. I'd rather stick to what I know are actual fat losses, so I can keep adjusting my macros accurately.

Same here. But I do use the Libra app on my phone to track my daily weight. The downside to the app is if you replace your phone (I damaged mine and had to replace) you lose the data as it is stored only on the phone. But, since MFP only provides reports for a year, in some ways the Libra app is better. Of course the weights are still there on the Check in pages on MFP, but not in graph or report form.

55835802.png
  • Lefty1290
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »

That's true. I guess most of my gain was from water, which I figured. I worked out five days, but I was eating heavy, high-caloric, high-sodium food.