Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I don't always shower for work if I'm not going to get very much sleep (whether it's because I stayed up late or I worked a closing shift one night and in the morning the next day). I just make sure I apply deodorant so I don't stink.

That is why I love dry shampoo. If I'm feeling really sleepy, I'll sleep longer and just use the dry shampoo to get the oil out of my hair, and carry on with plans to shower later. It really enables my laziness.
  • jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I bought some snickerdoodle cookies today, I was really disappointed. I thought they were going to have snickers ingredients in, like caramel, chocolate and nuts all gooey and nice. Now I have most of a box of cookies I'm not interested in.

I was so upset when I actually tried a Snickerdoodle! Such a great name for such a boring cookie!!

Then you're not making them right/buying the right brand. Good snickerdoodles are soft and shortbready and buttery and cinnamony and everything that is good in this world.

You are so right. And strangely, Seattle's Best Coffee has the best snickerdoodles. Especially heated just a bit. So much yum!
  • mscheftg
    mscheftg Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    mscheftg wrote: »
    I want to get a dog. It's about to become one of my goals. I just have to find a new place to live, too. LOL

If you do end up getting a dog, make sure you check out your local humane society or rescue groups in your area.

Oh I totally would!!! My family's first two cats were strays that we brought in. Since then my family has had 5 cats (combined between my parents, my sister, and me) and all were from the Humane Society. We had a dog years ago that we bought from someone who could no longer take care of her.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    I needed to chime in on this bra subject too.

I thought I was a 32DD forever and wondered why I had such bad back pain all the time. Turns out that when I wear a 28FF, I'm suddenly totally comfortable with zero pain of any kind and I don't have to adjust my bra constantly during the day. I can forget I even have one on when I'm actually wearing the right size, it is kind of unbelievable.

The first time I wore a bra out that actually fit correctly I had a moment of panic. I thought for a brief second that I had actually managed to leave the house without wearing one. Now, I don't know if anyone actually saw my panicked self-groping, but if so they're welcome for the laugh I guess. :p

All this bra talk is making me want to go get properly fitted this weekend...

Seriously. It's a total world-changer especially if you're at all busty. I spent years thinking I needed a reduction and being in near-constant discomfort and pain and having to adjust my straps and my band and shove stuff back in the cups, and then within a week of actually wearing the right size and the right bra all that was completely gone. I go entire days without having to think about my chest or my back and that would NEVER have happened before. My fiance is thrilled both because I'm finally comfortable and because he no longer has to give me marathon backrubs every couple of days. And I'm thrilled because I don't have to get surgery like I always thought would become a necessity before long. They're still big, they don't really fit in some clothes, and I don't love them, but just being pain-free and comfortable is amazing.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    This is a bit off topic, but I really must confess: Yesterday was the year anniversary of when I decided to lose weight, I was 300 lbs 1 year and 1 day ago today when I started DDP Yoga. I've lost 75 lbs and I'm going harder than ever after a winter of chronic maintaining, to get the last 40 lbs off.

Congratulations! That is awesome.
  • mscheftg
    mscheftg Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    I needed to chime in on this bra subject too.

I thought I was a 32DD forever and wondered why I had such bad back pain all the time. Turns out that when I wear a 28FF, I'm suddenly totally comfortable with zero pain of any kind and I don't have to adjust my bra constantly during the day. I can forget I even have one on when I'm actually wearing the right size, it is kind of unbelievable.

The first time I wore a bra out that actually fit correctly I had a moment of panic. I thought for a brief second that I had actually managed to leave the house without wearing one. Now, I don't know if anyone actually saw my panicked self-groping, but if so they're welcome for the laugh I guess. :p

All this bra talk is making me want to go get properly fitted this weekend...

Seriously. It's a total world-changer especially if you're at all busty. I spent years thinking I needed a reduction and being in near-constant discomfort and pain and having to adjust my straps and my band and shove stuff back in the cups, and then within a week of actually wearing the right size and the right bra all that was completely gone. I go entire days without having to think about my chest or my back and that would NEVER have happened before. My fiance is thrilled both because I'm finally comfortable and because he no longer has to give me marathon backrubs every couple of days. And I'm thrilled because I don't have to get surgery like I always thought would become a necessity before long. They're still big, they don't really fit in some clothes, and I don't love them, but just being pain-free and comfortable is amazing.

Unfortunately, if you're in the US, you probably have to order bras online because most US bra manufacturers don't make bras the proper size or there's huge inconsistencies (as mentioned by others).

Confession: I am suffering with my bras by Cacique that aren't quite the right size because I want to lose weight before I spend more money on bras... maybe when I lose 30 lbs, I'll measure and shop again. Until then, these work better than what I previously had, so it's a win.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I have to admit all that bra measuring talk is confusing to me.

I went to the store. I grabbed 4 different sizes of bras, and it was pretty obvious what fit and what didn't (cup too small, cup too big, band too large, band too small).. so I bought the ones that did. Maybe it's more complicated if you have bigger breasts? Not that mine are tiny...

And I don't order clothes online unless I know the brand and have tried them in store first. I've had too many bad surprises of things that didn't fit.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    I don't always shower for work if I'm not going to get very much sleep (whether it's because I stayed up late or I worked a closing shift one night and in the morning the next day). I just make sure I apply deodorant so I don't stink.

That is why I love dry shampoo. If I'm feeling really sleepy, I'll sleep longer and just use the dry shampoo to get the oil out of my hair, and carry on with plans to shower later. It really enables my laziness.

I only wash my hair 2-3 times per week. My hair is naturally curly; it would be a frizzy disaster if I washed it more frequently. I was fresh from the salon in my profile picture, I wear it curly 99% of the time.
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    MissLaaber wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I'm 24 years old and I found 10+ greys in the front of my hair this morning..

No worries. You can color grey.
    My poor son is 20 and has been going bald for a year. His hair is half gone. :(

I started finding grey hairs when I was 23. The worst part is I can't colour my hair, it won't hold any dye and ends up looking like straw within a couple weeks (doesn't matter if it's permanent, demi- or semi-permanent). The most recent time I did try to colour it, it didn't cover the grey anyway. :'(

Aw, dang. :(
    I've been coloring my hair since I was in my late 20's. I'm 41 now and have no idea if there's any grey under there or not. I don't wanna know!

I've got this rogue thing going on with my hair right now, I've been going grey since I was 16 but only on the left side of where my hair parts. I have zero sympathy for people who freak out when they find their first grey hair in their late 30's to 40's. I may be heartless lol

I got my first gray hair at birth! No kidding... I was born with one!

My husband started going gray when he was 18. By the time we were married (he was 30), his entire head was, what I call, gun metal gray. Now he's 37 and his hair is mostly white on the sides and still a little dark gray on top. His chest hair and beard are even starting to sprout white hairs. Poor guy. At least he's still got a full head of hair!
  • Praying_Mantis
    Praying_Mantis Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I haven't weighed myself in almost 3 months.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Start complaining to your doctor about back pain. I was a 34G and after I lost my weight post pregnancy my insurance paid for a reduction. I'm 38, they're 21. Also, my mom started bleaching my hair when I was four. I've never actually seen my natural hair color. I'll be a platinum blonde until the day I die.

Wow, really? Just curious - do you know why? I think it's a beautiful shade from your avatar picture, so I'm truly just being nosy! Feel free to ignore, of course...

I wondered too!
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options

I only wash my hair 2-3 times per week. My hair is naturally curly; it would be a frizzy disaster if I washed it more frequently. I was fresh from the salon in my profile picture, I wear it curly 99% of the time.

My hair is actually very very straight. But it gets really oily really fast. If I didn't use the dry shampoo, I would have to wash it every single day to not look gross. My fiance and my older son both have different types of curly hair, so I know the struggle lol. You should see the amount of products we have on our counter.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options

My hair is actually very very straight. But it gets really oily really fast. If I didn't use the dry shampoo, I would have to wash it every single day to not look gross. My fiance and my older son both have different types of curly hair, so I know the struggle lol. You should see the amount of products we have on our counter.

My husband actually double washes his (very) short hair with head and shoulders twice every single morning in the shower. If he runs after work, he does it again. His hair is oily though and he got into the habit as a teenager.

My hair would FALL OUT if I did that. I wash my hair a maximum of three times a week and I have to use conditioner. I have dry scalp and normal to dry hair. Not to mention it looks better the second day anyway, lol

• xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I've been on vacation for 6 days, and I come back to find "671 New" replies to this thread.

Hope they don't expect any work out of me today
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options

My husband actually double washes his (very) short hair with head and shoulders twice every single morning in the shower. If he runs after work, he does it again. His hair is oily though and he got into the habit as a teenager.

My hair would FALL OUT if I did that. I wash my hair a maximum of three times a week and I have to use conditioner. I have dry scalp and normal to dry hair. Not to mention it looks better the second day anyway, lol

What. The. *kitten*. Dude, no. Tell your husband to stop that. He should wash it once a day (if that much) and then apply a nice beard oil, massaging it into the hair with his fingertips. I like to warm the oil first, but that's a personal preference. Once oiled, he should use a good beard brush to smooth it to the grain. Finally, wax can be applied to the moustache to keep it in place.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

I went to the store. I grabbed 4 different sizes of bras, and it was pretty obvious what fit and what didn't (cup too small, cup too big, band too large, band too small).. so I bought the ones that did. Maybe it's more complicated if you have bigger breasts? Not that mine are tiny...

And I don't order clothes online unless I know the brand and have tried them in store first. I've had too many bad surprises of things that didn't fit.
    This is what I normally do, too. I'm never totally comfortable in a bra though, and have always suspected I'm not in the right size, so I took my measurements and went to a dozen different sites and plugged my numbers in. I got sizes ranging from 36DD (HA! I WISH!!) to 40A. Can someone help me? Underboob measurement 36", around boobs 40".

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I confess I still don't know how people who don't wash their hair do it... How do you get rid of the sweat?
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

What. The. *kitten*. Dude, no. Tell your husband to stop that. He should wash it once a day (if that much) and then apply a nice beard oil, massaging it into the hair with his fingertips. I like to warm the oil first, but that's a personal preference. Once oiled, he should use a good beard brush to smooth it to the grain. Finally, wax can be applied to the moustache to keep it in place.

Word. My husband has awesome hair and a comfy beard. Everyone is always surprised by how soft it is. He takes good care of it. He has even started making his own beard oil.

I'm also a fan of dry shampoo. My hair would dry into a pile of hay if I washed it too often. Even though it's oily at the roots, it dries out real fast on the ends. Baby powder works in a pinch too :)
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »

This is what I normally do, too. I'm never totally comfortable in a bra though, and have always suspected I'm not in the right size, so I took my measurements and went to a dozen different sites and plugged my numbers in. I got sizes ranging from 36DD (HA! I WISH!!) to 40A. Can someone help me? Underboob measurement 36", around boobs 40".

Probably a lot closer to the 36C or 36D than a 40A. Did you click the link that was posted a few times on this thread? It should help answer your questions. And remember that the letter size of a cup isn't an absolute thing, it's relative to the band. So a 40A actually has about the same size cup as 36C or a 32DD in terms of absolute volume.

In a properly fitting bra, the underbust (number) should be pretty much the same as your actual measurement. If you measure 36 inches around your ribcage, you should be in a 36 in a quality bra. I measure about 27, for example, so I wear a 28 (both because they don't make odd sizes and because my ribs are bony and a very snug fit rubs.) Then the cup size is pretty much subtraction from there. If you measure 40 around the fullest part of your bust, then yeah, you're probably a 36D (1 inch = A cup, 2 inches = B cup, etc.) But that's not a guarantee and if you're buying crappy bras it probably won't work. But in a well-made one (and not from somewhere like VS that still claims you need to add 5 inches or whatever), it should.

A D cup really isn't that large in the world of properly fitting bras, so don't let it scare you off. You should also be putting it on correctly via the "scoop n'swoop" or similar (especially important if you're overweight or have soft breast tissue.)

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I should probably stick to the chit chat forum today. Every thread I read causes major eye-rolling. I may not be able to keep my thoughts to myself and I don't want people to think I'm a bad (mean) person.