20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    It's usually in the peanut butter aisle. The most popular brand is PB2, which also comes in chocolate flavor. It has a little bit of salt and sugar added in the ingredients. I've been using a brand called Crazy Richard's, because it doesn't have any added salt or sugar. But if you can only find PB2, it's not high in either so I'd still give it a try. :)
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Friday!

Early congrats to those who weigh in today. Remember that the scales are evil >:) and can't be trusted to tell the honest story of what is taking place in our bodies. If you have been at this for a while and need a boost, go shopping in your closet; you may be in for a surprise. ;)

I had a rest day yesterday so I'm ready for the gym this morning. :)
    Hope all of you have a great day!
    Stay strong!
    <3 Connie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    SW 183.6
    CW 179.2
    GW 163.6

Morning,

Too my surprise this morning I did have a loss of .06 pounds. :D I think that walk must have helped yesterday.

Good luck to everyone else!

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Yeah Shirley, If anyone can do it you can. good luck my friend

Marrie
  • wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    SW 228 (March 1)
    CW 220.6
    GW 218 by Easter
    UGW 140

Happy to say I'm down 1.8 since last Friday. I have a long way to go, a lot of you have done it so I have hope that I will, too.
  • cristina0000
    cristina0000 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Well I weighed in first thing this morning and I'm down 0.2 lbs!

Not much but it's a loss which I'm grateful for since I was headed in the wrong direction (been eating whatever I feel like). The scale has been up and down so much this last week for me.

I started back on my green smoothies a couple days ago and looks like I'm doing much better!!

Anyway here are my stats:

Start weight 191
    Start challenge 186
    Current weight 162.2
    Goal weight 135

Challenge loss 23.8
    Total loss 28.8

Hope everyone has a great Friday!!
  • cristina0000
    Options
    SW 228 (March 1)
    CW 220.6
    GW 218 by Easter
    UGW 140

Happy to say I'm down 1.8 since last Friday. I have a long way to go, a lot of you have done it so I have hope that I will, too.

Congrats...looks like you will do great!

• cristina0000
    Options
    Shirley61 wrote: »
    SW 183.6
    CW 179.2
    GW 163.6

Morning,

Too my surprise this morning I did have a loss of .06 pounds. :D I think that walk must have helped yesterday.

Good luck to everyone else!

Congrats on your loss!!
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    hi all,
    happy Friday!! I am down 1lb even after eating a super sodium filled dinner, yay!!

SW 155.8
    CW 151.8
    GW 135
  • beszmytke
    beszmytke Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Good morning! First, let me say CONGRATULATIONS to our angel Marie, who has posted for what has to be some kind of record 2,300 days on MFP! What a stick-to-it gal she is!

Cristina, thank you for your service and sacrifice - my dad was 29 years in the Army, so I have a special place in my heart for those who willingly support and defend our nation. I am so proud of you!
    Good morning, losers! Happy Friday!

Early congrats to those who weigh in today. Remember that the scales are evil >:) and can't be trusted to tell the honest story of what is taking place in our bodies. If you have been at this for a while and need a boost, go shopping in your closet; you may be in for a surprise. ;)
    Connie, I love that idea! I may go "shopping" in my closet this weekend o:) I have lots of lovely, lonely clothes waiting for me!

Rachel, I too have never seen peanut butter powder, so will be looking for that (I love peanut butter!).

Happy Friday to all, and may your day be blessed in too many ways to count!

Belinda
  • Kenea993
    Kenea993 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    So I made a fruit smoothie with yogurt and milk as my protein this morning. much better calorie and nutrient wise than my chocolate peanut butter banana one. I have been teetering between 210 and 212lb for the past several weeks and I'm ready to move on. Time to kick this weight in the butt.
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    So exciting to see all the loses this morning. Congrats to Shirley, Christina, Slw and Wheatlessgirl. (Any that I missed)
    Gets me pumped to see the progress of this group!!!

I too would like to thank Christina for your Service time.

Marie, Thank you for being such a trooper and being faithful for 2300 days on MFP. You are a true
    encourager.

Connie, Thank you for being here to encourage, support and help with new ideas and to cheer us on.

I feel like I am making so much progress on this fitness journey and am so thankful for all the support
    I get from this group. Usually I would be getting discouraged about this time since I am not losing
    very fast but I am energized and ready for my new lifestyle with 1:1:1 (loving it).

Have a great day.

Nancy

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Cristina - thank you for your service. Even though I live in Canada I am an American and my Dad was in the Army for over 20 years. thank you again.
    -
    Love this group and happy days to all the losers this week.

Shirley
    Ontario, Canada
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Christina, thank you for your service and sacrifice for our country. Dedicated people like you is what helps shape our country and allows us to teach our children what being free is like. So thank you again.

So now for the weigh in
    SW: 294 (as of March 1)
    CW: 277
    GW: anything less than what I am but hopeful fantasy is around 180-200

I realize it may take a couple years for me to get to my ultimate goal but once I drop to 245 I can get new knees and then I will be UNSTOPPABLE!!!!!!!
  • beszmytke
    beszmytke Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Esther, you're doing fantastic and your fantasy can become a doable reality - just never stop working to achieve it! Nancy, I am not losing as fast as I would like either, but I am taking any loss as a giant win, because it means I am closer to my goal :D

Now i'mgetting back to work - just wanted to check in! TGIF!

Belinda
  • wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Just came back to read, and WOW, so many great posts! SeeAhtter, you are a marvel---17 lbs since March 1! Way to go!

Marie is right; the final loss total is going to be amazing! Good for everyone! :)
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    SeaAhtter you are in the right place. We have all levels of losers in our group. It might take me a year or so to get where I want to be. We just have to do this one day at a time. You can do it.
    Nancy
  • rayw89
    Options
    Christina, thank you for your service and sacrifice for our country. Dedicated people like you is what helps shape our country and allows us to teach our children what being free is like. So thank you again.

So now for the weigh in
    SW: 294 (as of March 1)
    CW: 277
    GW: anything less than what I am but hopeful fantasy is around 180-200

I realize it may take a couple years for me to get to my ultimate goal but once I drop to 245 I can get new knees and then I will be UNSTOPPABLE!!!!!!!

You are doing sooo great. Seventeen pounds in less than 3 weeks? You're already unstoppable!
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Seeahtter-congratulations on your loss, thats wonderful.With weightloss like that you will be 245, in no time. That will be great getting your new knees .
  • rayw89
    Options
    Ok, weigh in day.

January 28(SW): 184
    Challenge SW: 171
    CW: 160.4
    Challenge GW: 151
    UGW: 135-140
    Total loss so far: 23.6 lbs.

I have 9.4 lbs. to lose to reach the Easter Challenge goal. Realistically I don't think this will happen, because although the first 20+ lbs. came off fast, my body is now losing at a more "normal" pace. I'm hoping I'll be at 155 by Easter, that would make me happy. :)

I'll be seeing my in-laws tomorrow, and my mom on Sunday. None of them have seen me since I started losing. So naturally, I'm feeling fat and unimpressive. :P There's nothing I can do about my current weight though. Used to if I felt fat, I could just diet and exercise, but I'm already eating right and exercising, so there's no drastic change to make to make me feel better. Haha. "Already doing the right thing problems"
    It's supposed to be sunny and 70 degrees tomorrow though, so I can't wait to go walking outside. (*)