Replies

• magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    mitch16 wrote: »
    magerum wrote: »
    DopeItUp wrote: »
    You need to eat less.

Wrong, he's eating too little and storing fat. He needs to eat more to burn the fat.

This is relevant to my interests, go on

I'm calling troll.

Well, that's mean.
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Clearly the whole calorie in / calorie out model doesn't work for me. Seriously demotivating.

Is that your excuse? It works for everyone (awkward conditions excepted of course), if you're gaining, you're more than likely eating more than you think. You can lose weight, you just need to brush up on your discipline and be honest with yourself.
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I burn about 1000 calories doing a 1 hour 45 minute mountain bike ride up hills where my heart rate flucuates between the mid 130s to the mid 170s for an average of about 140 for the 1hour 45minutes. I doubt your burning the calories you estimate in your exercise diary. Dont eat your calories back.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Your exercise burns are exorbitant.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    betuel75 wrote: »
    I burn about 1000 calories doing a 1 hour 45 minute mountain bike ride up hills where my heart rate flucuates between the mid 130s to the mid 170s for an average of about 140 for the 1hour 45minutes. I doubt your burning the calories you estimate in your exercise diary. Dont eat your calories back.

Heart rate between 160-180 for 60 minutes.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,979 Member
    Options
    mitch16 wrote: »
    You need to eat less.

Wrong, he's eating too little and storing fat. He needs to eat more to burn the fat.

This is relevant to my interests, go on

I'm calling troll.

Well, that's mean.
    Welome back magerum.....haven't seen you in a while. I see you got the room moving.

• betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Your exercise burns are exorbitant.

Yup, agreed. Dont think he is burning what he thinks. Keep doing exercises and dont eat any of the calories back.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    astrampe wrote: »
    Lots of bored trolls around tonight...

Its not even noon

• blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Otterluv wrote: »
    AliceDark wrote: »
    firstsip wrote: »
    I've lost 1.5 lbs. in 2 DAYS of accurate logging. Clearly your numbers must be off somewhere.
    There's no way you lost 1.5 pounds of fat in 2 days. It's water weight or natural fluctuations (or both).

Did she SAY it was pounds of fat?

NO, I most clearly did NOT. I know that usually when you start a new diet, you lose a lot of waterweight at first. That he GAINED must mean that he probably lost water and gained a lot of fat. Like, 5 lbs. rather than the 2 on the scale.
    Not everyone loses water weight at first. Like I said and other people have said, your weight naturally fluctuates, often from hour to hour. Until you have data points across a longer period of time than 2 days or even 2 weeks, you can't draw any meaningful conclusions.

Oh, so I DID lose 1.5 pounds of fat.

In two days? No.

This was a really rude response. This is a place of motivation and support. Please refer to USCMP's Guide To Being A Better Person Than Everyone Else.

Only if you read it as rude. Maybe you shouldn't expect the worst in people?

It's not physically possible to lose 1.5lbs of fat in two days.
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    LOL,
    That still sounds like a lot of calories to me. I'm 5'9 and started at 227lbs, and there is NO way I would have lost weihgt on 3000 calories. If you gained, you are eating too much.....Cut down on calories.

No offense, but have you had your thyroid checked?

LOL, none taken, seeing as I lost 58lbs eating 1800 calories a day, with a bit more on exercise days.... And yep, I had my thyroid checked, nothing wrong....

The OP eats 1300 cals in cookies, plus 1700 more in food..... The "average women" MAINTAINS on 2000 -2400 per day, no idea how the OP thinks she will lose on 3000+...
    But thanks for asking about my thyroid!

Wait, are cookies not food?!

This is news to me and my nightly cookies.

I think the OP has gained muscle. I go up in weight sometimes and, as I've clearly gained some muscle over time, I presume the same is true of the OP.
  • Daiako
    Options
    I've lost 1.5 lbs. in 2 DAYS of accurate logging. Clearly your numbers must be off somewhere.
    There's no way you lost 1.5 pounds of fat in 2 days. It's water weight or natural fluctuations (or both).

NO, I most clearly did NOT. I know that usually when you start a new diet, you lose a lot of waterweight at first. That he GAINED must mean that he probably lost water and gained a lot of fat. Like, 5 lbs. rather than the 2 on the scale.
    Not everyone loses water weight at first. Like I said and other people have said, your weight naturally fluctuates, often from hour to hour. Until you have data points across a longer period of time than 2 days or even 2 weeks, you can't draw any meaningful conclusions.

In two days? No.

This was a really rude response. This is a place of motivation and support. Please refer to USCMP's Guide To Being A Better Person Than Everyone Else.

Tsk. This doesn't seem very supportive to me at all and now you're trying to act like the rudeness is all in other people's heads rather than own up to bring mean.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Lots of bored trolls around tonight...

Its not even noon

Supermoon. Spring equinox. Solar eclipse. All of the crazies are out today!
  • blktngldhrt
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Daiako wrote: »

In two days? No.

Tsk. This doesn't seem very supportive to me at all and now you're trying to act like the rudeness is all in other people's heads rather than own up to bring mean.

You're right! I'm such a meanie!

..edited to fix language
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

In two days? No.

TY
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    LOL,
    That still sounds like a lot of calories to me. I'm 5'9 and started at 227lbs, and there is NO way I would have lost weihgt on 3000 calories. If you gained, you are eating too much.....Cut down on calories.

LOL, none taken, seeing as I lost 58lbs eating 1800 calories a day, with a bit more on exercise days.... And yep, I had my thyroid checked, nothing wrong....

The OP eats 1300 cals in cookies, plus 1700 more in food..... The "average women" MAINTAINS on 2000 -2400 per day, no idea how the OP thinks she will lose on 3000+...

I think the OP has gained muscle. I go up in weight sometimes and, as I've clearly gained some muscle over time, I presume the same is true of the OP.

I don't think this is true though. OP isn't eating clean, there's no way he can be gaining muscle.
  • Daiako
    edited March 2015
    Options
    LOL,

I don't think this is true though. OP isn't eating clean, there's no way he can be gaining muscle.

Well that's just crap. Clean eating is a stupid hollow term to make others feel superior about stuffing food into their face holes.

The key to muscle building is weight lifting and poptarts.
  • blktngldhrt
    Options
    LOL,

Well that's just carp. Clean eating is a stupid hollow term to make others feel superior about stuffing food into their face holes.

I thought it was peeps.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    LOL,

Well that's just carp. Clean eating is a stupid hollow term to make others feel superior about stuffing food into their face holes.

I thought it was peeps.

:sick:

Err, I mean, "they aren't my favorite".
  • Daiako
    Options

In two days? No.

You're right! I'm such a bi**h!

Pretty sure using symbols to get around the filter is against the CG(all hail)*. Perhaps you should familiarize yourself with them in order to become a more supportive and friendly member of these forums.

*suck it Jof
  • Daiako
    Options
    LOL,

I thought it was peeps.

Groce