Looking to lose 100+ pounds... the healthy way!

Options

Replies

• Bobzfit
    Bobzfit Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new people! I am still kinda new my self so it is nice to have some people starting off with me! I know we can all do this! I just got my new food scale as well as my bathroom scale. Not happy about the number on the bathroom scale but I know I can change that. Just got to keep at it and work hard.

So far after two weeks I definitely feel better. Way more energy and just over all feel better. No more bloated feeling. My fatigue has gone way down. I am walking more. Moving more. It is a great feeling and while a small victory, still an important one.
    Every victory is HUGE! Congratulations on the energy level and overall mood!!
    Don't get too wrapped up in scale numbers going down, fat loss can be a percentage or how your clothes fit you. Daily fluctuations due to food and fluid will affect those numbers too.
    Bob

• vschwgrt1
    vschwgrt1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I think it would be good to have us contribute some ideas on what we like and have for healthy snacks and meals
  • danielle7577
    danielle7577 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    @Hippychick5983‌ Sounds like you are doing great!
    @vschwgrt1 What is your favorite snack? I enjoy hummus with just about any kind of vegetable.
  • vschwgrt1
    Options
    love hummus, with vegs. I buy a pack of the roasted garlic at Winco, add extra garlic and lemon plus a little salt.
  • shirayne
    shirayne Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    WOW! I didn't realize how behind I was on the posts! It's been a rough week being sick and dealing with stuff at work and it's spilled over into my eating but I have to say, reading all your posts has given me the boost I needed! My energy levels are coming back and the weather is getting nicer. I am going to take the dog out for a walk tomorrow morning. :) I need to kick this into high gear and you all are so motivating!

Welcome welcome to all our newest peeps, congrats for the victories (I need to try a caramel macchiato... lol) and for those who like me have had a tough day, or week... tomorrow is a new day and this is OUR time!

As for my favourite snack... I think it would have to be popcorn. I LOOOOVE me some popcorn. :)
  • vschwgrt1
    Options
    I just looked at your pictures, WOW, your weight loss really shows! Good work.
  • vschwgrt1
    Options
    I made stuffed eggs as a treat for a road trip I took yesterday, 2 ex lg eggs with 1 T crumbled bacon, 1.5 oz ripe avocado, 1 t grey poupon mustard, salt pepper, mashed the yolks, filled the eggs. VERY satisfying. Approx 290 cals.
  • vschwgrt1
    Options
    of coarse the mashed yolk is mixed with the mashed avocado, bacon crumbles (one piece of bacon) and mustard. Sorry incomplete directions
  • danielle7577
    danielle7577 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a very good for you snack @vschwgrt.
    One of my go to snacks for the drive home from work is just an apple. It really helps me from walking in the door and grabbing the first thing I see to eat.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    So I made a little spreadsheet to track weekly readings from "The Scale That Made Me Cry" and I was very surprised to realize that while my body fat percentage is gawdawful (42.7 where normal is 17-25 for my activity level) my muscle mass is almost at a "good" range 30.2 where normal is 32.8-33.8 for my activity level).
    I'm also curious about my water content, and maybe some of you know (I'll do a little research later). I try to drink a lot of water but I'm always thirsty. My water content is 42.8 while a normal range is 55-61. I wonder if my low water content is why I'm always thirsty...
  • irmita0
    irmita0 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Check myfitnesspal instagram for yummy food and inspiration, you can do it!
  • Hippychick5983
    Hippychick5983 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    My favorite snack tends to be seasonal. So right now I am loving Strawberries.
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    shirayne wrote: »
    Hi there, I'm 42 and looking to lose 100+ pounds (made it to 80 pounds 3 years ago and then gained half of it back) but I want to do it the "right" and learn how to "eat to live, not live to eat". I am addicted to food... it's my own personal brand of drug and I am looking for people who want lose weight eating healthy and tasty foods. I would love to share tips and tricks you've found work for you. I love looking at people's daily diaries and seeing wonderful sounding meals that are filling but still satisfy your hunger. I am tired of being obsessed with food and although I realize that right now that obsession is a necessity (I need to plan things out or I end up making excuses for eating the wrong things), I eventually want to know instinctively what's ok to eat and what's not ok to eat. I'm not saying a doughnut once in a while as a treat isn't "ok"... but I don't want to spend my precious calories on crap all the time. If you're looking for a friend who is willing to support you in your successes and even more so in your "ooopses", add me and let's do this!

At the risk of repeating what others in this long thread have already said:

- Aim to lose 0.5 lbs a week, take your time and it's more sustainable and less likely you'll crash.
    - High fibre foods and water are great. A couple of cups of broccoli will probably fill you up for a while for example.
    - Black coffee is wonderful
    - Treats are great and very acceptable, but buy them in single servings to avoid 'open packet syndrome'.
  • Bobzfit
    Options
    vschwgrt1 wrote: »
    I think it would be good to have us contribute some ideas on what we like and have for healthy snacks and meals
    I make a white bean dip to use with veggies that is on my blog Your Gateway to Health
  • globug68
    globug68 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Interested here. Need all the motivation I can get. I have a thing for med ice coffee EXTRA cream from tims. I lose steam and get bored and I eat when bored, upset, angry bad reasons to eat. How can you view others dairies?
  • vschwgrt1
    Options
    I am pretty sure my muscle mass is probably at zero, but I swim everyday now so hopefully that will change
  • inchwormbyinchworm
    inchwormbyinchworm Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I keep meaning to follow up on these snack ideas, but I keep forgetting on shopping day!
    http://greatist.com/health/88-unexpected-snacks-under-100-calories
  • Bobzfit
    Options
    globug68 wrote: »
    Interested here. Need all the motivation I can get. I have a thing for med ice coffee EXTRA cream from tims. I lose steam and get bored and I eat when bored, upset, angry bad reasons to eat. How can you view others dairies?
    Once you friend someone if they're settings are open you can view the diary when they close out. I blog some recipe ideas at guidancefitnesspt.com
  • Bobzfit
    Options
    vschwgrt1 wrote: »
    I am pretty sure my muscle mass is probably at zero, but I swim everyday now so hopefully that will change
    Swimming is fantastic exercise! You can build muscle in the water for sure. Waving your arms and kicking underwater takes a lot of work. Keep up the progress!
  • juhishringi
    juhishringi Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hii frends add me too if u like.....I am also on the sam boat.....I whoud like share my tips and wants urs.....