WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2015

Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,587 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:
    jog- 25.33min, 6.7-8.0speed, 8.15ap ak minute mile, 5k - think it's my fastest time - 269cal
    ski machine- 35min, 12-22resist., 2.31mi - 329cal
    jump, fast, single/double, scissors, then stretch- 20min- 209cal
    807 cal total
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3 Congratulations Katla & Hubby! Here's to another 16,425 days spent together! <3

u2e97iedgg82.jpg

Sincerely,
    Sassy aus Austria
    • If you want it, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.

• Being Fat is Hard.
    Losing Weight is Hard.
    Maintenance is Hard.

Choose Your Hard.

Thanks for the Anniversary wishes. I read it to DH and he laughed out loud. Could it only be a mere 16,425 days? Still smiling!
  • peachstategal
    peachstategal Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Katla, more happy anniversary wishes for you and hubby. We are going on 46.

We took DS's family out for our favorite Mexican place for lunch. Way over calories but so good.

I am praying for my DH to end his road rage. He makes me feel scared, embarrassed and ashamed when he acts so ugly in the car. Most of the time, he is calm but in the car he turns into someone I don't like to be around.

Over the last two weeks I have found DGD 3 dresses on eBay for around $10 each. They are all so pretty and the quality was great. She will look pretty in one for Easter.

My sister's daughter is getting married in May and sis wants us to all dress up. I haven't worn a dress in years so have no idea what I will find that is suitable. Most of my weight is in my torso/waist so it's been pull-on pants for many years.

Sorry for rambling. Hope everyone who is feeling poorly gets well and those who are having life problems have them ease up.

Carol ~ GA

• mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Today there are two jokes worthy of posting:

:)

"I’m getting a divorce," said Jack to his mate, Bill. "The wife hasn't spoken with me for six months."

Bill thought for a moment and then replied, "Just make sure you know what you’re doing, Jack. Wives like that are hard to find."

:D

A little silver-haired lady calls her neighbor and says:

"Please come over here and help me. I have a killer jigsaw puzzle, and I can't figure out how to get started."

Her neighbor asks, "What is it supposed to be when it's finished?"

The little silver haired lady says, "According to the picture on the box, it's a rooster."

Her neighbor decides to go over and help with the puzzle.

She lets him in and shows him where she has the puzzle spread all over the table.

He studies the pieces for a moment, then looks at the box, then turns to her and says:

"First of all, no matter what we do, we're not going to be able to assemble these pieces into anything resembling a rooster."

He takes her hand and says, "Secondly, I want you to relax. Let's have a nice cup of tea, and then," he said with a deep sigh ...

"Let's put all the Corn Flakes back in the box."

:D
  • Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Sunday and NOT going to exercise.
    Will go for a drive out and walk this afternoon 2 mile.
    I have decided I NEED to walk my tracks every afternoon and remember Mildred as she was and no longer suffering. 5 weeks now.
    Have decided to GET UP and walk the 2 mile before breakfast. Then do cardio and weight session. Shower and lunch.
    Afternoon, tidy house, gardening.
    Monday afternoon I am going to walk the 1.7 mile to Betty's house and chat.
    Food today is 1793.
    I NEED to get my 10,000 steps a day and keep my food around 1700 cals.
    I go to see doctor next week for new scripts and see Brian for official weigh in.
    It is end of week 5 for Tom's LYB and only 2 weeks left to shift this fat. Have decided to do his next challenge starting May with better state of mind
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,737 Member
    Options
    here I sit in the ICU brother is snoozing, he is not as bad as last time,and dont know how he will be here..
    just checking in...
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,269 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hugs Alison (((((hugs))))) <3

Had a little cry today with DH. Change is hard, even if it's for the better. I feel I have worked so hard on my changes. I love the new me. But it feels new and strange. I always used to be the f****d up one. Taking responsibility for the new me is weird and I guess a couple of my friends find it weird too.

Love you all. H x x x x
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,587 Member
    Options
    q0pguj3sskmi.jpg

Ruff day
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,948 Member
    Options
    1519403scbx2hbwh2.gif

To Katla and Hubby, this is an awesome amount of time to stay together
  • Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    We had a beautiful day running errands and doing some yard/outdoor chores this afternoon- even the DH helped outside! After cleaning up and starting laundry I see I'm nearly 200 posts behind, so I read just the odd-numbered pages. :D

Need to get some supper and I think I'll be snoozing in the chair before long.

Back at work for 2-weeks now and it seems like I never left. Still crazy busy...hmm, it is always that way! The days certainly fly by, which is good for me.

Will try to stay more current...
    Gail, metro ATL
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,948 Member
    Options
    The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.

smiley-happy110.gifJake went to an all day meeting that I was supposed to go to with him. We couldn't find anyone to walk the dogs (all the dog walkers were going to the same meeting) so I volunteered to stay home to walk the dogs. He told everyone that I was resting to get over my cold. I did take a nap with the dogs but also enjoyed my day at home alone and used the time to eat food that Jake doesn't eat and watch some favorite TV. A day alone is rare for me.

:D 22,000 steps today and some time on the exercise bike

<3 Barbie from beautiful NW Washington
  • kayak_kutie
    kayak_kutie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary, Katla! That's wonderful. :heart_eyes:
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Katla, happy anniversary!!!!
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,943 Member
    Options
    Happy anniversary, Katla!

Happy Saturday to all.

• yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Good evening! Slept better last night. Long day; managed to make all plans actually happen! Yoga, brunch, and the horse show. Also, finally got those seeds planted that I said I was going to do about a week ago and never got to. It didn't get nearly as warm today as it was supposed to; the barn was like a wind tunnel.

Sylvia........The jokes have been especially funny lately, thanks for being so dedicated about providing them.

Beth.......Beautiful quote; thank you.

Joyce.......I'm afraid I would have had the same reaction you had when you couldn't find your sister.

Cynthia........Sorry your horse won't cooperate with the procedure; maybe as the days go on and the mouth is less sore it will get better. Such a nice experience at the gas station!

Heather.......Enjoy those children!!! Get every hug you can. I'm sorry about your friend. Not recently, years ago in fact, I was often unable to face getting together with good friends...it made no sense but I just couldn't face people sometimes. I've also come a long way as far as getting my act together. Sometimes I feel like I've lived several completely different lives.

Katla.........Sorry you came home ill. Hope you are still able to enjoy your anniversary!

Carol.......I love little girl clothes!!!! Great shopping; I'm sure she'll look adorable.

Thanks again for all the support; today was a better day, I was less upset. Getting used to the idea of it and over the initial shock.

yanniejannie
    mid-Atlantic

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,759 Member
    Options
    Katla ... Happy Anniversary!

• Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Hi Friends,
    I’m home…yay! Got out of NYC just before the snow started. I’m 2.8 pounds heavier than when I left…boo! However it’s a spectacular spring day, and I have taken Mars the cat out for a long walk, and burned beaucoup calories on the treadmill and recumbent bike. I’m very motivated this week as Tuesday is my annual physical, and I’m just crossing my fingers that the number on my doctor’s scale is reflective of my ‘home’ weight and not the short term gains brought on by business travel.

I work in a department where we all read and discussed the book “Thrive:
    The Third Metric to Redefining Success and Creating a Life of Well-Being, Wisdom, and Wonder” by Ariana Huffington. It came out last year. I listened to the audiobook, but like it so much that I also bought the e-book so I could read it again more slowly.

Meg: Count me among the legions of fans getting caught up in March Madness. Love basketball.

Allison: So, so sorry to hear about your added stress. Big ((hug))) to you.

Jannie: Feel my positive thoughts and prayers surrounding you.

Lesley: You sound stronger every day.

Joyce: Love your ideas for decorating the kids’ bedrooms.

Mary in MN: Hoping the perfectly qualified buyer comes your way soon.

Suzy in WI: Welcome to our community and keep coming back. There is a lot of support here.

Cynthia: How lucky for the guy that he found someone as honest as you to help him with the transaction. I’m having back, hip and knee pain, too. Take care.

Heather: So sorry to hear about your friend cancelling. Clearly, she has unresolved issues interfering with her ability to be the best friend she can be to you. We love you, too.

Katla: Happy Anniversary to you and DH! Bummers you have to spend the day getting over a virus. Get well soon.

Pam: Welcome back and congratulations on the great loss. Sounds like the new DO has you on the path toward radiant good health.

Stay well. We can do this.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,638 Member
    Options
    Heather – I don’t like game playing and sub-texts… I am a pretty basic, here it is… and I’ll tell it like it is – I am sorry for you in the situation! Hang in there! (((((((HUGS)))))))))))

Carol - Take a good friend and go out shopping! Just go looking at styles and try allsorts of stuff on you might be surprised on what style looks best! I found things with a longer top helped as I am just beginning to get a waist…and even now it is not a great waist, but I am bigger on the top and bottom than in the middle. LOL

Katla and DH - happy anniversary

Cynthia – DARN!!!

Alison – sending good thoughts to you.

Barbie – good for you for turning missing a meeting into a great day!

I have been trying to spend 1 to 1 ½ hours in the garden everyday, and it is good to begin to see the difference, the weeds had gotten the better of me… but slowly they are being removed to the compost bin.

March goals:
    Walk every day
    Log all bites everyday
    Eat slower
    Plan and do a fun thing every week

Kim from N. California
    58855297.png
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Happy anniversary Katla, A marriage like yours is rare these days. Treasure every moment.
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Well I sort of did nothing on my free day... Went to town and ordered doors for the rooms in the basement, bought a 5 gal pail of primer paint, had coffee with a friend , went to lunch with another friend and picked up the great Aunties' income tax stuff. Really thought I would get started on the Income taxes but G Auntie sent a book home with me saying it was wrote by a cousin of hers. Well... I had to look for the lady on the internet and that lead to renewing my Ancestry.ca subscription. then the fishermen came home and my little DGD so that ended the day. I just hung out with her ....

Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan....where we have a snowfall warning....