Replies

• ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Sup? I heard things were calm and rational in here

0WHGKhB.gif
    You brought pizza?

Yeah, of course everything is calm in here. Come on in.

Those were all for me. Hands off my garbage food!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    So I know it has been mentioned in other threads but are the mods going ot do anything about flagging posts that aren't violations of the CG?
    While I am proud to have earned my first flag, I am confused as to how it could (and many other of these posts) could be a violation. I understand the person who likely flagged it is wanting the forums to be moderated according to her views and is complaining about bullying but my response to her was the very first time I have ever responded to her and was in no way a violation of the CG (all hail).
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    urloved33 wrote: »
    jazmin220 wrote: »
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    My pet peeves at the gym are people who ask me if I'm using a bench or spot I stopped using like 5-10 minutes ago even though they clearly saw me move to a new spot (though they probably might be thinking I'm doing interval training), people who try to talk to me when I'm on the treadmill, people who try to talk to me for unnecessary long periods of time (unless they're a friend or someone I find interesting, that's rare though), people who get in my way of me looking at the mirror to see if I'm doing a particular exercise right and people who try to take my spot even when there is my bottle AND a towel on the machine or bench to indicate to people that I'm still using it.

Other than that, I don't really give a damn what other people do in the gym or what they wear....I'm more worried about myself. And no I'm not really antisocial, an introvert or shy; I'm actually an ambivert, I'm just really concentrated in my workout and don't have time to worry about petty things.

You shouldn't be saving the spot to begin with. If you aren't using it, it is not yours.

LOL people do it all the time and I don't complain...so you're telling me if I gotta use the bathroom and I'll be back in two minutes and I'm still not done with my exercise, I should relinquish my spot over to someone?.....LOL gtfo. That would be fine if I was just texting and someone wanted to get in on a workout with me but if I gotta use the bathroom and I'm not done with my exercise....nope.

So you can't tell if you have a need to use the bathroom before you start what is most likely no more that a 10 minute session on a bench, machine, etc or wait 10 minutes till you finish with it?

Apparently not, lol . This person wants to make damn sure no one is on his machine when he is ready to use it. lmao Some people have no etiquette. Luckily people don't act like this at my gym.

If I am reading this correctly people actually leave the eqiuipment they are using to go to the bathroom and expect the equipment they are using to be free- waiting for them to get back from the bathroom?

Wow I really dont' even know how to respond to this.

Yes. If I'm in the middle of doing something long and suddenly have to pee, why not just let me pee and come back? How is that any different from a rest period or just a pause to tie my shoes on the treadmill?

It would require someone not believing everyone follows their imaginary rules that we can't take a bathroom break in the middle of training.

Come on now, you know that if your laces untie you actually have to go home. Training is over. Dems the rules.

What is amazing to me is this would never even cross my mind. I have been in the gyms "before woman were allowed in the gyms' and if you leave the equipment...you leave the equipment. THATS IT.

I am stunned that people think this way...omg, If you leave your equipment....you leave the equipment.

This is adult life...there are no "savesies"

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    My pet peeves at the gym are people who ask me if I'm using a bench or spot I stopped using like 5-10 minutes ago even though they clearly saw me move to a new spot (though they probably might be thinking I'm doing interval training), people who try to talk to me when I'm on the treadmill, people who try to talk to me for unnecessary long periods of time (unless they're a friend or someone I find interesting, that's rare though), people who get in my way of me looking at the mirror to see if I'm doing a particular exercise right and people who try to take my spot even when there is my bottle AND a towel on the machine or bench to indicate to people that I'm still using it.

Other than that, I don't really give a damn what other people do in the gym or what they wear....I'm more worried about myself. And no I'm not really antisocial, an introvert or shy; I'm actually an ambivert, I'm just really concentrated in my workout and don't have time to worry about petty things.

You shouldn't be saving the spot to begin with. If you aren't using it, it is not yours.

LOL people do it all the time and I don't complain...so you're telling me if I gotta use the bathroom and I'll be back in two minutes and I'm still not done with my exercise, I should relinquish my spot over to someone?.....LOL gtfo. That would be fine if I was just texting and someone wanted to get in on a workout with me but if I gotta use the bathroom and I'm not done with my exercise....nope.

So you can't tell if you have a need to use the bathroom before you start what is most likely no more that a 10 minute session on a bench, machine, etc or wait 10 minutes till you finish with it?

Apparently not, lol . This person wants to make damn sure no one is on his machine when he is ready to use it. lmao Some people have no etiquette. Luckily people don't act like this at my gym.

If I am reading this correctly people actually leave the eqiuipment they are using to go to the bathroom and expect the equipment they are using to be free- waiting for them to get back from the bathroom?

Yes. If I'm in the middle of doing something long and suddenly have to pee, why not just let me pee and come back? How is that any different from a rest period or just a pause to tie my shoes on the treadmill?

It would require someone not believing everyone follows their imaginary rules that we can't take a bathroom break in the middle of training.

Come on now, you know that if your laces untie you actually have to go home. Training is over. Dems the rules.

What is amazing to me is this would never even cross my mind. I have been in the gyms "before woman were allowed in the gyms' and if you leave the equipment...you leave the equipment. THATS IT.

I am stunned that people think this way...omg, If you leave your equipment....you leave the equipment.

What? There's no courtesy in your adult world?

So, in your model, I can't leave my pool chair with my towel on it at the swim club because there are no "savesies".

You leave the equipment temporarily. It's not the only piece of said equipment.

Do you go to a gym where they only have one piece of each kind of equipment, because I can maybe understand where you're coming from then. Sorta.

• qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    cb2bslim wrote: »
    I don't cringe because everyone is different. They might have health reasons for holding on and that shouldn't hold someone back from exercising to keep in shape.

Thanks for pointing this out. I personally have POTS and chronic hypoglycemia which both interfere with working out. I get extremely dizzy when I am exercising because of my medical conditions. Holding on is the only way I am able to finish my workout.

I get migraines, and when the associated light sensitivity kicks in, I need to close my eyes -- and if I'm on a treadmill when that happens, that means I'll be holding on for either the entirety or the remainder of my session.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    -Reply Removed-

I think that's enough internet for you today.

Enough+internet+for+you_1467e8_4365101.gif

Good luck with all your life goals. It's going to be a rough ride for you, you have my sincere best wishes.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    -Reply Removed-

Well that escalated quickly...

Btw, that's NOT what bullying is. That's a debate. Bullying would be personal attacks against you, not simply stating a difference of opinion.

Anyway!!! Back on topic!!
    Reporting back as promised: nothing irked me at the gym just now because my gym is AWESOME!!!
    The community there is great too. Worked in with a couple guys, shared some fist bumps, picked up some heavy stuff...good times.
    Oh, it did irk me a little that the air outside of my gym was too cold...
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    -Reply Removed-

a34777a122e9f7b3ac062583c48b11c9.jpg
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    -Reply Removed-

gv0yY.png

I don't think your parents ever said "no" much to you, did they?

• levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    -Reply Removed-

8c3byid27y0v.gif

• magerum
    Options
    Guess, I'll just call my lawyer since MFP doesn't want to deal with this, not legitimately either. By the way, MODS, fix your reporting system. If you want people to use the report feature, it's got to bloody work, and I've already told you that it doesn't, guess it's on the "to do" list like much of everything on this forum. All of you that keep telling me to ignore these people or that I SHOULD be the one leaving. NO! I should be able to block every single one of you people, you know that it's broken, and so you're abusing it now. Not bullying? YOU ARE BULLIES if you badger, berate, belittle, try to intimidate, etc THAT IS BULLYING. Someone tells you to leave them alone and you don't, THAT IS BULLYING. If you say something that someone doesn't agree with, and they just want to leave it at that, and YOU keep going, THAT IS BULLYING! I've lived through more then most have on this site, and yes, I'm making that assumption. Fact of the matter is, I'm not going to continue to badger someone if they say stop, or agree to disagree or whatever.

Anyone happen to have MFPs legal department number? I'm pretty sure I'm gonna need that, then again, my lawyer could also get it. Have a nice day, and thank you MFP for being a bully just like your members.

a34777a122e9f7b3ac062583c48b11c9.jpg

tumblr_n4s33cLNep1sgqn33o2_250.gif
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I'm a lawyer. This thread reminds me of the time a client wanted to sue a furniture store because the delivery man called his wife "babe".
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm a lawyer. This thread reminds me of the time a client wanted to sue a furniture store because the delivery man called his wife "babe".
    Or that time some lady called 911 on carl's junior because they gave her a regular burger when she ordered a western.

edit: sorry it was BK https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zqj5ilXtWU
  • magerum
    edited March 2015
    Options
    levitateme wrote: »
    Or that time some lady called 911 on carl's junior because they gave her a regular burger when she ordered a western.

I was seriously about to say that...I like you.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options

What? There's no courtesy in your adult world?

So, in your model, I can't leave my pool chair with my towel on it at the swim club because there are no "savesies".

You leave the equipment temporarily. It's not the only piece of said equipment.

Do you go to a gym where they only have one piece of each kind of equipment, because I can maybe understand where you're coming from then. Sorta.

100k square feet work out area, four pools. rocks walls. 2 full size basketball courts and manners
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    I guess this thread is ....