Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    wazzujas wrote: »
    I have a weakness for Mountain Dew (or Root Beer) and most sweets like cake, pie, ice cream, cookies, and candy. My sugar levels are almost always over. I can keep calories, carbs (minus the sugar ones), proteins, etc. under the limit really easily, just not the sugar.

Limiting sugar is tough for a LOT of people, as you'll see if you read these forums enough. Tapering off slowly helps. You'll also find that the less you have the less you crave it. Keep working on it - you can do it!
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    sodakat wrote: »
    I posted this to my feed but it's too good not to share here too.

Thanks to an email from Classmates.com I looked at my profile there and realized that the picture I posted last summer, which is my only picture on that website, is one I photoshopped to include my weight so I could put it in my picture folder here on MFP!

I happened to weigh 200 pounds when that picture was taken, so it has '200 pounds' on top of my profile picture. LOL.

Isn't that kind of funny? Haven't seen any of those people in 40 years but if they look at my profile on Classmates.com they know how fat I am (was)!!!

55835802.png

Oh dear, glad you have a sense of humor!! LOL
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    There's a new muscle vs fat thread, and a certain user there makes my blood boil. If I ever see that user in public, I'd stare at him or her very angrily.

Muscle vs Fat

^^^ and that is how you link to a thread when you reference one, so everyone can see the train wreck unfold.

I refuse to even read that thread.

Confession: I'm going in!

Me, too!

And...I'm out. That wasn't even fun dumb, it was just dumb.

Agreed. I tried some minor trolling, but I feel bad using ninerbuff's helpful advice to start *kitten*.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Ceci_O_K wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    Confession #1 It really wasn't a typo. My 2 1/2 year old is a sponge these days. Last week, my daughter, my dog and I were going outside to play and the dog was hopping around like crazy because, well, she's crazy. So I threw her frisbee in the yard to get her out of the way & she jumped right up the 5 foot rock retaining wall. I said "holy crap". Guess what the next 2 words out of my daughters mouth were. I'm really watching my language now

When my daughter was about that age, we were looking out the window and our dog ran by. She said, "Where the hell does he think he's going?!" To which her dad replied, "Wonder where the hell she got that from." You definitely have to be careful, everything will be repeated, many times, at the most inopportune moments.

It's funny how moments like that stand out in my memory. She's 21 now!

Yep. Told my son we could not stop for ice cream on the way to day care (7:45am) the other day and he stared forlornly out the window. Under his breath, barely audible, I heard, "Dammit."

My language when I'm in the car can be *ahem* salty. When my son was like 3 I was relaying a story to my husband about another idiot driver and my son pipes up, "That guy was a douche, right mom?" I still struggle with my car language and he's 9 now.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options

And you did it all by yourself! :smiley:

I confess that after reading that thread, I'm surprised that the "starvation mode" comment slipped through without an onslaught of comments.
  • JulieAnneFIU
    JulieAnneFIU Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I really wanted Cold Stone today and I chose the 800 calorie Peanut Butter Cup Perfection. Dead set on burning it off I biked for an hour (500 calories) and then went outside to run for an hour. Fifteen minutes into it I sprained my ankle. So determined was I to burn those calories, I hobbled the other forty five minutes. I have twelve spare calories left in my day. Worth it.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Confession #1 It really wasn't a typo. My 2 1/2 year old is a sponge these days. Last week, my daughter, my dog and I were going outside to play and the dog was hopping around like crazy because, well, she's crazy. So I threw her frisbee in the yard to get her out of the way & she jumped right up the 5 foot rock retaining wall. I said "holy crap". Guess what the next 2 words out of my daughters mouth were. I'm really watching my language now

When my daughter was about that age, we were looking out the window and our dog ran by. She said, "Where the hell does he think he's going?!" To which her dad replied, "Wonder where the hell she got that from." You definitely have to be careful, everything will be repeated, many times, at the most inopportune moments.

Yep. Told my son we could not stop for ice cream on the way to day care (7:45am) the other day and he stared forlornly out the window. Under his breath, barely audible, I heard, "Dammit."

My language when I'm in the car can be *ahem* salty. When my son was like 3 I was relaying a story to my husband about another idiot driver and my son pipes up, "That guy was a douche, right mom?" I still struggle with my car language and he's 9 now.

That's hilarious!
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I confess that the Star Wars geek in me wishes George Lucas had met with an untimely end before he started work on Episode I
  • katalinax87
    katalinax87 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    There's a new muscle vs fat thread, and a certain user there makes my blood boil. If I ever see that user in public, I'd stare at him or her very angrily.

Muscle vs Fat

^^^ and that is how you link to a thread when you reference one, so everyone can see the train wreck unfold.

I refuse to even read that thread.

Confession: I'm going in!

I'll cover you!
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options

One time when my first child was about 2, there was a horrible driver cutting everyone one off and switching lanes like a million times, and I started to say "You a******!, but quickly turned it into as...paragus. For at least a year after, he would be in the back yelling "asparagus! asparagus! at other drivers.
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options

Bwahaha! I love these. When my nephew was learning utensils he had a very creative way of saying "fork"...
    The best is my niece though...when she was about 3 if she ever dropped something or her little sister was doing something to bug her, she'd just get exasperated and yell FOOTBALL. Guess she heard her mom yelling at her dad too many times about him playing fantasy football lol.

Confession: my phone conference ended 20 minutes ago but I'm pretending I'm still on it so I can read this thread instead of going back to my desk...
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Confession: The guys from Supernatural are going to be in my state, about 6 hours away from me this weekend and I really really want to drive over to see them. Sometimes, younger girls try to make me feel weird for liking those guys, but then I have to say - hey, those guys are MY age!

Please tell me you're going! I LOVE those guys. Especially Jensen Ackles. AKA Dean Winchester. :p

I really want to, but I think I'm going to have to be responsible instead. We are going to the coast (same area) in about 2 weeks, so I don't think I can justify spending money to go there now too. Sad day. If I can make it work, Im going to do it though.
  • selena_teresa
    selena_teresa Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    ethim wrote: »
    Confession 1: I totally skipped my workout yesterday because when I did it on Monday it made my cramps 3x worse :(

Confession 2: I woke up way too late this morning to go for my run - I'm too embarrassed to run after 7am because then there are too many people around to see me. So that's two days with no exercise...

The wagon rolls by again tomorrow, try to get back on!

• kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Confession: I'm not a violent person and would never hit someone out of anger, but when I'm doing a workout with lots of punching/kicking and I'm getting tired, I imagine I'm punching my stupid ex in his stupid face, and that helps me push through the workout.

(also, when I originally typed this I accidentally put "hit someone out of hunger". That might actually happen)

That's a great motivational tool!
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Confession 1: For the first time ever, I decided to get some movement in on my lunch break at work. I am sure I burned extra calories, as I was going "faster" than the video because I was so paranoid someone would come back from lunch early and see me. (I am the only female in a 16 employee workplace)

Confession 2: I do not understand peoples' obsession with beards (no offense "Tincan"...I think you are great and one of the main reasons I come back every day). When I see posts with actors pre and post beard, I ALWAYS think they are way better looking without the beard. Just not a fan, I guess. That being said, I haven't seen my husband without a goatee (not a REAL beard, I know) for over 12 years.
  • selena_teresa
    Options
    I went to the gym today and I only had 35 min so I tried really hard to go fast to burn as much as I could. I was dying after a while and I suddenly pictured myself on the Biggest Loser and I was the last man standing on my team and I was racing only one other person and my team was cheering and thousands were watching me on tv so it seriously got me through the last 10 min. I hope I won. Also, Dota by Basshunter is just the best song to get you past the last 3 min. :)
  • selena_teresa
    Options
    I went to the gym today and I only had 35 min so I tried really hard to go fast to burn as much as I could. I was dying after a while and I suddenly pictured myself on the Biggest Loser and I was the last man standing on my team and I was racing only one other person and my team was cheering and thousands were watching me on tv so it seriously got me through the last 10 min. I hope I won. Also, Dota by Basshunter is just the best song to get you past the last 3 min. :)

I guess my confession is that I have to fantasize to make it through cardio workouts! :sweat_smile:
  • ddrhellbunny
    ddrhellbunny Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    This thread so makes my day.

Ok, confession: I ran on the treadmill for 30 minutes straight yesterday at a good pace and was quite proud of myself since I am NOT a runner.
    Anyway, beautiful day today, decided to go to the park and try to run there... couldn't bust out more than 15 minutes at a mere jog, ugh, such disappoint.

It sucks, because I have such great stamina... well for ddr anyway. I can play that game on heavy mode for hours straight and not get tired.

Fun note though, did find an awesome bike trail and did get to walk on a giant log over the river. Terrifying, but AWESOME. oh yeah...and pricker bushes. >.< nuuuu