Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,713 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Confession 1: For the first time ever, I decided to get some movement in on my lunch break at work. I am sure I burned extra calories, as I was going "faster" than the video because I was so paranoid someone would come back from lunch early and see me. (I am the only female in a 16 employee workplace)

Confession 2: I do not understand peoples' obsession with beards (no offense "Tincan"...I think you are great and one of the main reasons I come back every day). When I see posts with actors pre and post beard, I ALWAYS think they are way better looking without the beard. Just not a fan, I guess. That being said, I haven't seen my husband without a goatee (not a REAL beard, I know) for over 12 years.

I've NEVER seen my husband without a mustache and we've been together for 15 years. I think it would be really weird! Can't even picture it, really.

I've pretty much had a full beard the entire time I've been with my wife, with the exception of some brief unbearded goatee periods and Halloween '02 when I dressed as Day-Before-Dead-Elvis. The only variation has really been trim line and length. One time, I went to Texas by myself with a big, giant full beard and it was really hot, so I trimmed it down to a goatee. When my wife saw me, she was glad I was home but kinda mad because the bearded person she'd been missing didn't come back.

Good thing you're able to grow it back! I find it interesting how some men are so distinct and defined by their facial hair and wonder at times what made them to decide to grow it (and keep it) in the first place? I don't believe I've ever asked my husband what made him grow and keep a mustache at all times, but neither his older or younger brother wear facial hair. Hmmm... something to inquire about.

I've been growing facial hair of some sort since about 8th grade. It's just something I've always liked to do. I've never thought of any particular style as my permanent look, and I'll lop all of it off at a moment's notice. Sometimes I don't even know I'm going to do it until I'm standing in front of the mirror, although ever since the Texas Incident, I give a holler to the wife if I decide to cut it off.

Good thinking!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,713 Member
    Options
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

Someone mentioned a few pages back what it might feel like to be the person who started this EPIC thread, but I'm pretty sure that THIS post has been the one quoted the most. Anyone else notice that? Thought it was funny.

I have noticed that! And I remember her coming back and mentioning how weird it is. Turns out, it's a lot more common than she ever thought.

Glad it wasn't just me!
  • ddrhellbunny
    ddrhellbunny Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I'll never understand people who say that they are not hungry for dessert.

@Francl27‌ You and my daughter would get along famously! She ALWAYS and I do mean ALWAYS has room for dessert. Especially is ice cream is involved.

I've eaten dessert knowing without a doubt that I will end up regretting it physically. The most recent case was Applebee's with the Apple ChimicheesecaKEOHGODGETINMYMOUTH...sorry... I knew when I ordered it that I had already overeaten on dinner and anything more was going to make me feel bloated, but damn if I didn't near lick the plate. Couldn't move from the recliner when I got home. It was awful...awfully tasty!

I did that when we went to a local Easten European restaurant months back... I was actually too full for dessert but I refused to leave without trying some... I seriously thought I was going to throw up, and the whole meal wasn't even that good. I'm never going to that place again!

I actually never get dessert at Applebee's because the calories are too high to make it worth it for me. I only get dessert at local restaurants that don't have calories anywhere... that way I can lie to myself that it's only 500-600 calories and not 1000+.

I used to work at Applebee's and those chimi cheesecakes and blondies were probably the only things I would eat. so full of NOM. It was awesome when somebody sent back a dessert cause we'd ALL devour it in the back.

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    sodakat wrote: »
    I posted this to my feed but it's too good not to share here too.

Thanks to an email from Classmates.com I looked at my profile there and realized that the picture I posted last summer, which is my only picture on that website, is one I photoshopped to include my weight so I could put it in my picture folder here on MFP!

I happened to weigh 200 pounds when that picture was taken, so it has '200 pounds' on top of my profile picture. LOL.

Isn't that kind of funny? Haven't seen any of those people in 40 years but if they look at my profile on Classmates.com they know how fat I am (was)!!!

55835802.png

Oh dear, glad you have a sense of humor!! LOL

If I ever get to 200, I will be so proud that I might just post it on Facebook. Well, maybe 199.

My super-skinny goal weight is 190.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options

@Francl27‌ You and my daughter would get along famously! She ALWAYS and I do mean ALWAYS has room for dessert. Especially is ice cream is involved.

I've eaten dessert knowing without a doubt that I will end up regretting it physically. The most recent case was Applebee's with the Apple ChimicheesecaKEOHGODGETINMYMOUTH...sorry... I knew when I ordered it that I had already overeaten on dinner and anything more was going to make me feel bloated, but damn if I didn't near lick the plate. Couldn't move from the recliner when I got home. It was awful...awfully tasty!

I did that when we went to a local Easten European restaurant months back... I was actually too full for dessert but I refused to leave without trying some... I seriously thought I was going to throw up, and the whole meal wasn't even that good. I'm never going to that place again!

I actually never get dessert at Applebee's because the calories are too high to make it worth it for me. I only get dessert at local restaurants that don't have calories anywhere... that way I can lie to myself that it's only 500-600 calories and not 1000+.

I only let my wife talk me into it because the diner we picked was jammed up and I had a ton of calories because of my long run. It was not a wise decision on my part.

hechosepoorlyindianajoneslastcrusade.gif
  • tincanonastring
    edited March 2015
    Options

I used to work at Applebee's and those chimi cheesecakes and blondies were probably the only things I would eat. so full of NOM. It was awesome when somebody sent back a dessert cause we'd ALL devour it in the back.

I was so mad when they discontinued the Sizzlin' Apple Pie that I stopped eating there for 2 years.

ETA: Who the *kitten* sends back a dessert? I don't even understand that concept!
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options

I only let my wife talk me into it because the diner we picked was jammed up and I had a ton of calories because of my long run. It was not a wise decision on my part.

hechosepoorlyindianajoneslastcrusade.gif

Applebee's chose poorly when they stopped working with Celebrity Chef Tyler Florence. His Pesto Ciabatta burger was absolutely amazing. I quit eating there when they stopped carrying that beauty.
  • rosie291289
    rosie291289 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I bought a 'treat' multipack of 10 snickers bars to last me 5 weeks which I'm so protective over I count them every time i have one to make sure noone else has taken one.

I'm currently one missing and I'm seriously pissed off that no one will own up to taking it!
  • ddrhellbunny
    Options

I was so mad when they discontinued the Sizzlin' Apple Pie that I stopped eating there for 2 years.

ETA: Who the *kitten* sends back a dessert? I don't even understand that concept!

We usually had no idea how it happened, but everyone was happy to get the dessert.

• berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I think Im doing this website wrong- don't get me wrong, I am losing steadily, and keeping within my calorie goals - but instead of pre- planning meals in close to the correct amounts, I just tell myself things like, "I'll have lasagna for dinner, I can work out after to burn any excess". or "oops, I went over, time for a bike ride". It's still working, but I just feel like it's not the "correct" way.

You're doing it right!

lvar.gif

Yes! Now all I have to do is add in a peep cleanse and it's goal weight city.
  • Terraforcejenny
    Terraforcejenny Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    So when I can't fill MFP, I keep a written diary...that I always, ALWAYS forget to put into MFP D:

In addition, I almost always forget to include my exercise (I swear I'm not just sitting in one place every day xD).

I only just made my food log public, and it's frustrating when the days I eat the most properly...are the days I forget to log. And then I'm sure everyone thinks I'm killing myself by only eating instant meals (versus the reality; days where I'm eating instant meals are also when I have class AND work, and these are the days that are most likely for me to not eat whole food items). Also vacation= lack of internet=god why can't I remember to post in MFP?!

In response to a few posters who asked if I saw skinnyfat-shaming here; it isn't as huge a problem as being constant on every forum. It's usually a page or so in when someone is worried about an aspect of their body/regiment (I've only seen it 3-4 times and I did comment once, but then I worried I seemed to be supporting the idea of lack of wellness/fitness in changes of diet and I didn't want to start internet fights...)

Last but not least: I engage in activities that are hard to measure (foam weapon fighting, dancing around the apartment with my cats): I usually put ballroom dancing if it's constant but slow movement, and general dancing because it's the only thing I can think of that has bursts of fast movement in short periods of time.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    New Avatar, "All We Are Saying Is Give Peeps A Chance"
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »

Well that's because ice cream slides in between all the other food.

ETA: except for the incident WillLift4Tats mentioned

I always say this same thing!
  • caryb2015
    caryb2015 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I think Im doing this website wrong- don't get me wrong, I am losing steadily, and keeping within my calorie goals - but instead of pre- planning meals in close to the correct amounts, I just tell myself things like, "I'll have lasagna for dinner, I can work out after to burn any excess". or "oops, I went over, time for a bike ride". It's still working, but I just feel like it's not the "correct" way.

If it works for you, it's right.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

No kidding? What's wrong with people?
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    32ffadeb423b8fe54dcda4afa8607cd1.jpg
  • ddrhellbunny
    Options

The only instance I can think of happened to me.

A mom ordered her kid a blondie for his birthday and the kid initially freaked out, screaming " BUT I WANTED CHOCOLATE!!!!"

Welp, knew what my dinner was that evening :/
    ps, it was DELICIOUS.
  • 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options

I went to a taping of Kitchen Nightmares once, and they had used salt instead of sugar in the dessert I ordered.

Literally the only time I have ever sent back a dessert.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    We had a potluck at work today. I had a piece of cake that I couldn't finish. It is currently sitting beside me on my desk, taunting me. I am full and feel kind of sick but I'm probably going to eat the rest of this damn cake.
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    32ffadeb423b8fe54dcda4afa8607cd1.jpg

They're just made because I told them we only use yellow peeps for the cleanse.