20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,986 Member
    Options
    :D We saw "The Second Greatest Exotic Marigold Hotel" as my birthday celebration this afternoon. There are very few movies that look good to me, but this one was awesome. Jake had a small popcorn and I ate nothing.

<3 Barbie
  • eatless83
    eatless83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone!!

Firstly a great big happy birthday to you Barbie!! I can't wait to see that film as I too loved the first one!

I have started cycling to work it's about 13km one way so it's a pretty good work out. I have gotten 3 cycles in so far this week and I am really enjoying it. A bit hairy last night in the dark on my own but I managed it safely.

The weekend is almost here everyone...anything exciting planned??

Faye

• rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    It looked like it would be a good movie, I really enjoy the older British actors they have in it.
    Btw, I know this is consider a no-no by some, but I bring healthy snacks into movies(hey, if they sold the healthy snacks, I wouldn't have to). You can find some really good white-cheddar popcorn for only 150 calories in 2-3 cups, just fill a little sandwich bag and keep it in your purse. Or grapes, pretzels, etc. But I'm the type that doesn't go to the movies very often so I have to have snacks for it. :)
  • rayw89
    Options
    Sunnyfarm wrote: »
    Happy Birthday Barbie. You are such an inspiration! (*)

Today has been a great day. It started off kind of rocky, but sometimes all you need is some to listen to you talk and you finally hear the answer come out of your own mouth. :) Happy Losing very one in any area that is holding you back from being your best self.
    I'm glad you made it through!
  • rayw89
    Options
    eatless83 wrote: »
    The weekend is almost here everyone...anything exciting planned??

Faye

I'm hoping to force myself to clean. And I'll be excited after it's done.
    Cycling is great! My husband and I have been saying recently that we need to get bikes.
  • eatless83
    Options
    PS I forgot my stats!!!

1.9lbs off this week and I am thrilled to bits....that's around 12lbs for this challenge!!

strangely it's not actually showing in my clothes yet, but im sure it will soon :-)

Faye
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Had a good day, our Walmart opened (we're in a small town), went in and bought a few things, then I came home and walked around 3 miles, the weather was beautiful. I'm thinking about getting a fitbit for my birthday, Saturday. That way I will definitely know how far I walked.
  • rayw89
    Options
    Wal-Mart is the lifeline of a small town. Glad you got one!

Congratulations on your loss, Faye!!
  • eatless83
    Options
    rayw89 wrote: »

Congratulations on your loss, Faye!!

Thanks Ray :-)
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Thursday!

Barbie..glad you enjoyed the movie and your special day!

Ray..when I was in full "diet" mode, I did take my own diet snacks. Now, I have popcorn if I want, log it, and fit it into my calories. I will not deprive myself anymore.

Faye..congrats on the nice loss!! WhooHoo!

Janice..you will love your Fitbit!

Well, challengers, not too much on the agenda for me today. It's going to be a beautiful day; I guess that's the tease for the cold and rainy weather that's forecasted for the weekend.

Make it a great day and stay strong! (*)
    Connie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Weighed this morning and the scale was down. Hope to keep it that way for tomorrow's weigh in.
    I would like to finish this challenge off with a loss.

I am going shopping with my sister and lunch. I will have a salad only and coffee. We are going to get something for the baby. My daughter is due April 6th ( our anniversary).

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BARBIE! Sorry its late.

Ray- I agree about the snacks, I wish they would have healthier ones.

We don't go to the movies like we used to so having some popcorn I will enjoy.
  • wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Shirley, congratulations on your loss, and good luck on tomorrow's weigh-in!

I love popcorn, but I'm foregoing it for now. I've read that adding plenty of butter slows down the carb absorption. Wouldn't that be lovely!

Have a great Thursday, all.
  • beszmytke
    beszmytke Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday, Barbie, and I hope you had a wonderful day! Connie, so glad you had a good report from the doctor - that's peace of mind and positive proof that you are doing all the right things.

Jordan, thanks for the zumba info and I will talk to the instructor! Sunny, nice to hear from you again!

Rachel, you made me LOL with the comment about being self-conscious over your too-big pants! Wait till you get to buy new, slim-size pants and feel gorgeous :D

It must have been the moon phase or something this past week, because yesterday was my weigh-in day at Curves, and I gained a pound. I said "Poop", and went on with my workout. It will come off again! I am in a challenge there that ends April 4 as well - you have to work out 36 times (today will be my 36th!), and be one of the top three weight losers, and you win $100 off either merchandise or your membership. I'm hoping to be one of those three!

Marie, just sending you hugs! Sparkle, I will try to send you some smoothie recipes I am using later today.

Off to work, but wishing you all a happy, wonderful Thursday!

Belinda

• slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    happy birthday Barbie!! hope you had a great day!! I do agree with Rachel, I stick healthy snacks in my bag or just chew gum. movie popcorn way too salty for me:(

great loss faye!!

happy almost birthday Janice!!

chin up sunny!! I does help to get it out and this is the perfect place for that:0

lots to do, leaving to go skiing on Monday with the family. I don't ski but will figure out some way to be active. any good diet travel tips would be great!! we are staying with a kitchen so I should be able to prepare food except for dinners. I will do my best to log and stick to plan!

Stephanie
  • Kenea993
    Kenea993 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Checking in really quick before class! I feel bloated today but I think that's because I didn't drink much water yesterday and had pizza. I live next to more oklahoma and had to deal with the tornados last night. It seemed like the was going to stay nice so I was ordering pizza and going to take the pups for a nice walk. I hit the online order button. as I hit it, rain started pelting the window I go to look and hail behind to pound. then within a minute the sirens are wailing. I go to start gadget animals to take to the shelter which I had cleaned out earlier and by time I am on the other side of the house fiance (who is still at work) calls and says there us a tornado a few miles from the house. By time I got all the animals to the shelter (2 cats and 2 dogs) my sister was strapped in and I was climbing in abd the radio said the tornado was gone and the warning was cancelled. Woah. It was a rough littLe span of time. The pizza still showed up!

Thisweek over decided I'm not going to weigh myself again until Monday or Wednesday. I'm going to drink at least three liters of water (mostly fruit water) and do something active every day. Today I'm walking around campus all day. Saturday is the renaissance fair and i work and Sunday there is a bridal fair. Zumba Monday and Tuesday. Just need something for Friday.

Well that's all the time I have. Happy belated birthday to all the birthday peeps! Movies and fit bits are wonderful presents. Happy losing to everyone else!
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Kenea, So happy you were spared a hit from the tornado.
    Beautiful day here and is very warm.
    Where is Marie?
    Hope it's a good day for everyone.
    Nancy
  • englishmermaid
    englishmermaid Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm in, only just started on March 11 though

Starting Weight: 256lbs
    Current Weight: 248lbs
    Mini Goal: 236lbs
    Ultimate Goal: 150lbs
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,986 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    :D Eating plans have to be personal so they'll work for you and you'll stay with them. One reason I don't eat at the movies is that the time I'm there isn't a time I normally eat. I ate before I went and I knew I'd have my bedtime snack when I got home. If it had been a regular eating time, then I would have tucked my food into my bag. One nice thing about being older, is that it is less likely that they will choose to search my bag. Jake loves movie popcorn and has gradually decreased his purchase from super jumbo down to small.

:D<3 Thank you for the birthday greetings.

:D Now I'm off to line dance.

<3 Barbie
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Barbie. isn't the pop corn pretty heavy salted for jake. Glad you are not addicted to it. I like popcorn but am not additive to it.I have a question How do you handle the fat.? I think my body is not suitable to having a serving at my three meals. Maybe I need to cut down maybe a t at each meal..now I am eating 1 T.I think maybe that is too much.

Whew after being so warm yesterday it feels cold this morning at 50 degree.
    Marie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Marie. I cut mine to 1/2 Tablespoon at each meal. Not sure if that is ok on 1:1:1 but that is what I do.
    Nancy