Kale = MONSTROUS GAINZ!!

Options

Replies

• lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Prove me if I am wrong but I thought watercress was the most nutritionally sound vegetable. It tops kale in the ranks by at least 7.

ALL HAIL WATERCRESS.

Boo!! Hiss!! Oh wait, you're right. Anything's better than kale. You go, girl!

But still--bacon & peeps > kale and watercress

Bacon+Peep.jpg

vs.

fern-01.jpg
    Isn't that a fern?

Kale belongs in a trash can. Along with the quinoa.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Not kale, but ..
    4529385205_ffd76fafdf_z.jpg
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    ALL HAIL WATERCRESS.
    What does watercress taste like?

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Prove me if I am wrong but I thought watercress was the most nutritionally sound vegetable. It tops kale in the ranks by at least 7.

ALL HAIL WATERCRESS.

Bacon+Peep.jpg

vs.

fern-01.jpg
    Isn't that a fern?

I like you.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    We need a "peeps eating kale" gif

I cover supplementing the The 10 Day Master Peep Cleanse(TM) with more ideal food in Chapter 103 - Incorrect Cleansing Methods of my upcoming book The 10 Day Master Peep Cleanse(TM): Get Those *kitten* Vegetables Away From My Damn Peeps You Monster, Keeping the Cleanse Simple.
  • tincanonastring
    Options

ALL HAIL WATERCRESS.

Bacon+Peep.jpg

vs.

fern-01.jpg
    Isn't that a fern?

It might be, but I'm forced to ask, isn't kale a fern?
  • Larissa_NY
    Larissa_NY Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Kale sort of makes me believe that hypothesis about how we shouldn't eat certain foods because they've evolved to be noxious to predators.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    We need a "peeps eating kale" gif

I cover supplementing the The 10 Day Master Peep Cleanse(TM) with more ideal food in Chapter 103 - Incorrect Cleansing Methods of my upcoming book The 10 Day Master Peep Cleanse(TM): Get Those *kitten* Vegetables Away From My Damn Peeps You Monster, Keeping the Cleanse Simple.

Right? EVERYONE knows that supplementing the Peep Cleanse with vegetables (ESPECIALLY ones like kale, spinach, brussels sprouts, and chard) will destroy any and all cleansing properties the Peeps are providing. DON'T CROSS THE STREAMS, PEOPLE! Bad things will happen!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Kale tastes fine if prepared correctly (IMO), but I usually prefer other greens, like spinach or (yum) collards, turnip or radish or watercress or chard, etc.

Plus, the amount I'd have to eat to get 200% of my daily protein goal, or even 100%, is, well, disturbing.
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    Not kale, but ..
    4529385205_ffd76fafdf_z.jpg

I do not recognize the customizations this user has made to their cleanse. Interesting.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

ALL HAIL WATERCRESS.

Bacon+Peep.jpg

vs.

fern-01.jpg
    Isn't that a fern?

I don't think so. It's more like lettuce with a really tough center stalk on the leaves...
  • williams969
    Options

ALL HAIL WATERCRESS.

Bacon+Peep.jpg

vs.

fern-01.jpg
    Isn't that a fern?

I'm pretty sure it is. Kale = decoration. Ferns are decorative. Ergo, kale is a fern. QED
  • tincanonastring
    Options

ALL HAIL WATERCRESS.

Bacon+Peep.jpg

vs.

fern-01.jpg
    Isn't that a fern?

I'm pretty sure it is. Kale = decoration. Ferns are decorative. Ergo, kale is a fern. QED

This was my line of reasoning. I'm not into those sciencey terms like genus and species. I find that they create artificial boundaries.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

ALL HAIL WATERCRESS.

Bacon+Peep.jpg

vs.

fern-01.jpg
    Isn't that a fern?

I see your logic and defer to your superior knowledge!
  • JoKnowsJo
    JoKnowsJo Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    The Kale vs. other foods as come up a few times...here is a great site for doing comparisons on different foods...I actually think spinach is so much better tasting... just me though...

http://www.healthaliciousness.com/nutritionfacts/nutrition-comparison.php?o=11233&t=11457&h=11507
  • williams969
    Options

ALL HAIL WATERCRESS.

Bacon+Peep.jpg

vs.

fern-01.jpg
    Isn't that a fern?

This was my line of reasoning. I'm not into those sciencey terms like genus and species. I find that they create artificial boundaries.

Agreed. We only need to apply a philosophical logic argument. I'm certain this logic holds...unless FERN is a kale. Back to the drawing board to see if the bi-conditional holds. This could be groundbreaking...
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options

ALL HAIL WATERCRESS.

Bacon+Peep.jpg

vs.

fern-01.jpg
    Isn't that a fern?

From wiki:

Kale:
    Kale or borecole (Brassica oleracea Acephala Group) is a vegetable with green or purple leaves, in which the central leaves do not form a head. It is considered[1] to be closer to wild cabbage than most domesticated forms of vegetables.

The species Brassica oleracea contains a wide variety of vegetables, including broccoli, cauliflower, collard greens, and brussels sprouts. The cultivar group Acephala also includes spring greens and collard greens, which are similar genetically. Pieris rapae is one of the best-known pests of the plant.

Fern:
    A fern is a member of a group of roughly 12,000 species[3] of vascular plants that reproduce via spores and have neither seeds nor flowers. They differ from mosses by being vascular (i.e. having water-conducting vessels). They have stems and leaves, like other vascular plants. Most ferns have what are called fiddleheads that expand into fronds, which are each delicately divided.[4]

Leptosporangiate ferns (sometimes called "true ferns") are by far the largest group, but ferns as defined here (ferns sensu lato) include horsetails, whisk ferns, marattioid ferns, and ophioglossoid ferns. This group may be referred to as monilophytes. The term pteridophyte traditionally refers to ferns plus a few other seedless vascular plants (see the classification section below), although some recent authors have used the term to refer strictly to the monilophytes.

I'm gonna go with no but I'm not a biologist and my last biology class was in 2004. Plus I never learned the plant kingdoms either in 5th grade...
  • ddrhellbunny
    ddrhellbunny Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    dpwellman wrote: »
    ALL HAIL WATERCRESS.
    What does watercress taste like?

It belongs to the same family as brussel sprouts, broccoli, cabbage etc. it's kind of bitter with a spicy hot tendency. It's decent, but it has to be mixed in with something for me personally.
  • tincanonastring
    edited March 2015
    Options

ALL HAIL WATERCRESS.

Bacon+Peep.jpg

vs.

fern-01.jpg
    Isn't that a fern?

From wiki:

Kale:
    Kale or borecole (Brassica oleracea Acephala Group) is a vegetable with green or purple leaves, in which the central leaves do not form a head. It is considered[1] to be closer to wild cabbage than most domesticated forms of vegetables.

The species Brassica oleracea contains a wide variety of vegetables, including broccoli, cauliflower, collard greens, and brussels sprouts. The cultivar group Acephala also includes spring greens and collard greens, which are similar genetically. Pieris rapae is one of the best-known pests of the plant.

Fern:
    A fern is a member of a group of roughly 12,000 species[3] of vascular plants that reproduce via spores and have neither seeds nor flowers. They differ from mosses by being vascular (i.e. having water-conducting vessels). They have stems and leaves, like other vascular plants. Most ferns have what are called fiddleheads that expand into fronds, which are each delicately divided.[4]

Leptosporangiate ferns (sometimes called "true ferns") are by far the largest group, but ferns as defined here (ferns sensu lato) include horsetails, whisk ferns, marattioid ferns, and ophioglossoid ferns. This group may be referred to as monilophytes. The term pteridophyte traditionally refers to ferns plus a few other seedless vascular plants (see the classification section below), although some recent authors have used the term to refer strictly to the monilophytes.

I'm gonna go with no but I'm not a biologist and my last biology class was in 2004. Plus I never learned the plant kingdoms either in 5th grade...

I like you, but...

axJmn.gif
  • williams969
    Options

ALL HAIL WATERCRESS.

Bacon+Peep.jpg

vs.

fern-01.jpg
    Isn't that a fern?

From wiki:

<blah, blah, blah, science crap snipped for brevity>

But...science CHANGES all the time (remember when the SUN used to revolve around the EARTH? Yeah, it doesn't do that anymore. CRAZY). We cannot trust science.