Kale = MONSTROUS GAINZ!!

Options

Replies

• KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    It has no vitamin D or B-12. It's also an incomplete protein.

And it tastes nasty.

I don't think OP meant to just eat kale by itself...it's a healthy addition. Also for flavor try Lacinato aka Dinosaur kale. It's much more mild and I like the consistency better anyway. And make sure you cook it in a good saturated fat so that your body can actually use all those fat soluable vitamins it packs.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Prove me if I am wrong but I thought watercress was the most nutritionally sound vegetable. It tops kale in the ranks by at least 7.

ALL HAIL WATERCRESS.

Boo!! Hiss!! Oh wait, you're right. Anything's better than kale. You go, girl!

But still--bacon & peeps > kale and watercress

Bacon+Peep.jpg

vs.

fern-01.jpg
    Isn't that a fern?

Kale belongs in a trash can. Along with the quinoa.

It might be, but I'm forced to ask, isn't kale a fern?

From wiki:

Kale:
    Kale or borecole (Brassica oleracea Acephala Group) is a vegetable with green or purple leaves, in which the central leaves do not form a head. It is considered[1] to be closer to wild cabbage than most domesticated forms of vegetables.

The species Brassica oleracea contains a wide variety of vegetables, including broccoli, cauliflower, collard greens, and brussels sprouts. The cultivar group Acephala also includes spring greens and collard greens, which are similar genetically. Pieris rapae is one of the best-known pests of the plant.

Fern:
    A fern is a member of a group of roughly 12,000 species[3] of vascular plants that reproduce via spores and have neither seeds nor flowers. They differ from mosses by being vascular (i.e. having water-conducting vessels). They have stems and leaves, like other vascular plants. Most ferns have what are called fiddleheads that expand into fronds, which are each delicately divided.[4]

Leptosporangiate ferns (sometimes called "true ferns") are by far the largest group, but ferns as defined here (ferns sensu lato) include horsetails, whisk ferns, marattioid ferns, and ophioglossoid ferns. This group may be referred to as monilophytes. The term pteridophyte traditionally refers to ferns plus a few other seedless vascular plants (see the classification section below), although some recent authors have used the term to refer strictly to the monilophytes.

I'm gonna go with no but I'm not a biologist and my last biology class was in 2004. Plus I never learned the plant kingdoms either in 5th grade...

I like you, but...

axJmn.gif

Yeah I know but science and learning!

Unrelated but this is cute:
    star-trek-peeps.jpg

Since developing the The 10 Day Master Peep Cleanse(TM), I've found so many awesome pics like this. There are some truly creative individuals out there. I discuss incorporating your artistic visions into your cleanse in my upcoming book The 10 Day Master Peep Cleanse(TM): Incorporating Your Artistic Visions Into Your Cleanses, Master Works Recreated With Peep Inspiration, A Coffeetable Book.

I really think you need to work on shortening the title of your upcoming book!

You can appreciate big words, or you can have short book titles. You can't have both. @tincanonastring commands respect here. This is your last warning.

If that's the case, I've completely failed all of my goals!

You only fail if you give up. Back on the horse, pally! You can do it!

In that case, dick pics for everyone!

Nooooooo!

and you get a dick pic!

dickstockton-456x356.jpg
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    Prove me if I am wrong but I thought watercress was the most nutritionally sound vegetable. It tops kale in the ranks by at least 7.

ALL HAIL WATERCRESS.

Bacon+Peep.jpg

vs.

fern-01.jpg
    Isn't that a fern?

From wiki:

Kale:
    Kale or borecole (Brassica oleracea Acephala Group) is a vegetable with green or purple leaves, in which the central leaves do not form a head. It is considered[1] to be closer to wild cabbage than most domesticated forms of vegetables.

The species Brassica oleracea contains a wide variety of vegetables, including broccoli, cauliflower, collard greens, and brussels sprouts. The cultivar group Acephala also includes spring greens and collard greens, which are similar genetically. Pieris rapae is one of the best-known pests of the plant.

Fern:
    A fern is a member of a group of roughly 12,000 species[3] of vascular plants that reproduce via spores and have neither seeds nor flowers. They differ from mosses by being vascular (i.e. having water-conducting vessels). They have stems and leaves, like other vascular plants. Most ferns have what are called fiddleheads that expand into fronds, which are each delicately divided.[4]

Leptosporangiate ferns (sometimes called "true ferns") are by far the largest group, but ferns as defined here (ferns sensu lato) include horsetails, whisk ferns, marattioid ferns, and ophioglossoid ferns. This group may be referred to as monilophytes. The term pteridophyte traditionally refers to ferns plus a few other seedless vascular plants (see the classification section below), although some recent authors have used the term to refer strictly to the monilophytes.

I'm gonna go with no but I'm not a biologist and my last biology class was in 2004. Plus I never learned the plant kingdoms either in 5th grade...

I like you, but...

axJmn.gif

star-trek-peeps.jpg

Since developing the The 10 Day Master Peep Cleanse(TM), I've found so many awesome pics like this. There are some truly creative individuals out there. I discuss incorporating your artistic visions into your cleanse in my upcoming book The 10 Day Master Peep Cleanse(TM): Incorporating Your Artistic Visions Into Your Cleanses, Master Works Recreated With Peep Inspiration, A Coffeetable Book.

You can appreciate big words, or you can have short book titles. You can't have both. @tincanonastring commands respect here. This is your last warning.

tZOS8.gif

and you get a dick pic
    nixon_6.jpg

32fdca46dbfa4ddae0fa612553905b723f9bd0035c08ff7a1a88eaac5edffd9e.jpg
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options

ALL HAIL WATERCRESS.

Bacon+Peep.jpg

vs.

fern-01.jpg
    Isn't that a fern?

From wiki:

Kale:

Fern:

I like you, but...

axJmn.gif

star-trek-peeps.jpg

And I thought we would get along. You know his book will be shortened to 'Peep Cleanse', and you can't stop using big words. So, I get both! *drops mic*
  • tincanonastring
    Options

ALL HAIL WATERCRESS.

Bacon+Peep.jpg

vs.

fern-01.jpg
    Isn't that a fern?

From wiki:

Kale:

Fern:

I like you, but...

axJmn.gif

star-trek-peeps.jpg

tZOS8.gif

and you get a dick pic
    nixon_6.jpg

I *kitten* love you.
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Kale is NOT food. It is what food eats!
  • tincanonastring
    edited March 2015
    Options

ALL HAIL WATERCRESS.

Bacon+Peep.jpg

vs.

fern-01.jpg
    Isn't that a fern?

From wiki:

Kale:

Fern:

I like you, but...

axJmn.gif

star-trek-peeps.jpg

This is the cover pic...

Peeps-Last-Supper.jpg
  • Selah722
    Selah722 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Kale can cause/influence kidney stones.
    My Brother in law used to eat Kale a lot and has had to stop altogether because it caused him to get Some really nasty kidney stones. (Doctors orders/diagnosis) It was aweful.
    That's no reason to shun it. it is good. just don't be eating it everyday. once a week is plently
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    Selah722 wrote: »
    My Brother in law used to eat Kale a lot and has had to stop altogether because it caused him to get Some really nasty kidney stones. (Doctors orders/diagnosis) It was aweful.
    That's no reason to shun it. it is good. just don't be eating it everyday. once a week is plently

I have a cleanse he could have used to avoid the buildup of all those toxins in his kidneys...
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options

ALL HAIL WATERCRESS.

Bacon+Peep.jpg

vs.

fern-01.jpg
    Isn't that a fern?

From wiki:

Kale:

Fern:

I like you, but...

axJmn.gif

star-trek-peeps.jpg

And I thought we would get along. You know his book will be shortened to 'Peep Cleanse', and you can't stop using big words. So, I get both! *drops mic*

It seems that I have been bested. Alas, it is inevitable. Please remember to use your powers only for good, else you meet the same fate as I.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

I have a cleanse he could have used to avoid the buildup of all those toxins in his kidneys...

LOL! And around and around it goes.
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    kale is one of mother earths most beneficial greens. Compact with more than 200% of your daily nutritional needs its only beneficial. And for those who's goal is weight loss it's very low in calories:)

Interedasting. Tell me more...
    Roll it around some PEEPS and voila, you increase your carbs macros!!!

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

If I absolutely must vegetable when I peep, I prefer to peep with peppers.

Peeps---Peppers-Stir-Fry-marshmallow-peeps-430061_500_375.jpg
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options

LOL! And around and around it goes.

I <3 this thread so hard. It has come full circle. The fun never ends:

tumblr_m08hmlCfJG1qi0u14o1_500.gif
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    kale is one of mother earths most beneficial greens. Compact with more than 200% of your daily nutritional needs its only beneficial. And for those who's goal is weight loss it's very low in calories:)

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

only peeps with a side of peeps for me.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options

Yeah Kale did this.......I have my doubts on that

• jennifershoo
    Options

ALL HAIL WATERCRESS.

Bacon+Peep.jpg

vs.

fern-01.jpg
    Isn't that a fern?

From wiki:

Kale:

Fern:

I like you, but...

axJmn.gif

star-trek-peeps.jpg

tZOS8.gif

and you get a dick pic
    nixon_6.jpg

I *kitten* love you.

flirting.gif
  • jennifershoo
    Options

ALL HAIL WATERCRESS.

Bacon+Peep.jpg

vs.

fern-01.jpg
    Isn't that a fern?

From wiki:

Kale:

Fern:

I like you, but...

axJmn.gif

star-trek-peeps.jpg

This is the cover pic...

Peeps-Last-Supper.jpg

EPIC!
  • jennifershoo
    Options

•Eats kale + french fries + greasy bacon burger every day.
    •Blames kale for Kidney stone
    •Classic!
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

only peeps with a side of peeps for me.

WHAT?? I CAN'T HEAR YOU WITH THOSE BARS BETWEEN US! CAN YOU TRY YELLING?
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    I've never tried kale, it looks nasty ...

It's not nasty. People here clearly aren't eating it right…

Here's a delicious recipe:

1 bunch of kale
    1 small container of feta cheese
    1 cup of black olives
    1 can of chick peas
    1 small red onion, chopped
    1 medium cucumber, chopped
    2-3 tomatoes, diced

I make a garlic olive oil based dressing to go with it.