Kale = MONSTROUS GAINZ!!

Options

Replies

• patricksshell603
    patricksshell603 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Looks like I need to be more specific in my discussions lol I was referring to the high vitamin content lol it its all good haha
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    kale is one of mother earths most beneficial greens. Compact with more than 200% of your daily nutritional needs its only beneficial. And for those who's goal is weight loss it's very low in calories:)

LOLWut? My nutritional needs mean 2250 calories. How much kale is that? Am I always guaranteed it will contain 4500 calories (double my needs)? Monster gainz, indeed...

33 calories for a cup of chopped kale, means 68 cups to reach 2250 calories.

Is that a problem? I eat like 70 or 80 cups a day! Light weight!
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Sheep grow pretty well on kale, as it goes.

All you need to do then is eat the sheep. Simple.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    kale is one of mother earths most beneficial greens. Compact with more than 200% of your daily nutritional needs its only beneficial. And for those who's goal is weight loss it's very low in calories:)

Interedasting. Tell me more...
    Roll it around some PEEPS and voila, you increase your carbs macros!!!

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• kellienw335
    Options
    Prove me if I am wrong but I thought watercress was the most nutritionally sound vegetable. It tops kale in the ranks by at least 7.

ALL HAIL WATERCRESS.

Boo!! Hiss!! Oh wait, you're right. Anything's better than kale. You go, girl!

But still--bacon & peeps > kale and watercress

Bacon+Peep.jpg

vs.

fern-01.jpg
    Isn't that a fern?

Kale belongs in a trash can. Along with the quinoa.

It might be, but I'm forced to ask, isn't kale a fern?

I'm pretty sure it is. Kale = decoration. Ferns are decorative. Ergo, kale is a fern. QED

This was my line of reasoning. I'm not into those sciencey terms like genus and species. I find that they create artificial boundaries.

Agreed. We only need to apply a philosophical logic argument. I'm certain this logic holds...unless FERN is a kale. Back to the drawing board to see if the bi-conditional holds. This could be groundbreaking...

Your use of big words makes me think you're intelligent ergo you're right about everything.
  • kellienw335
    Options
    Prove me if I am wrong but I thought watercress was the most nutritionally sound vegetable. It tops kale in the ranks by at least 7.

ALL HAIL WATERCRESS.

Bacon+Peep.jpg

vs.

fern-01.jpg
    Isn't that a fern?

From wiki:

Kale:
    Kale or borecole (Brassica oleracea Acephala Group) is a vegetable with green or purple leaves, in which the central leaves do not form a head. It is considered[1] to be closer to wild cabbage than most domesticated forms of vegetables.

The species Brassica oleracea contains a wide variety of vegetables, including broccoli, cauliflower, collard greens, and brussels sprouts. The cultivar group Acephala also includes spring greens and collard greens, which are similar genetically. Pieris rapae is one of the best-known pests of the plant.

Fern:
    A fern is a member of a group of roughly 12,000 species[3] of vascular plants that reproduce via spores and have neither seeds nor flowers. They differ from mosses by being vascular (i.e. having water-conducting vessels). They have stems and leaves, like other vascular plants. Most ferns have what are called fiddleheads that expand into fronds, which are each delicately divided.[4]

Leptosporangiate ferns (sometimes called "true ferns") are by far the largest group, but ferns as defined here (ferns sensu lato) include horsetails, whisk ferns, marattioid ferns, and ophioglossoid ferns. This group may be referred to as monilophytes. The term pteridophyte traditionally refers to ferns plus a few other seedless vascular plants (see the classification section below), although some recent authors have used the term to refer strictly to the monilophytes.

I'm gonna go with no but I'm not a biologist and my last biology class was in 2004. Plus I never learned the plant kingdoms either in 5th grade...

I like you, but...

axJmn.gif

Yeah I know but science and learning!

Unrelated but this is cute:
    star-trek-peeps.jpg

Since developing the The 10 Day Master Peep Cleanse(TM), I've found so many awesome pics like this. There are some truly creative individuals out there. I discuss incorporating your artistic visions into your cleanse in my upcoming book The 10 Day Master Peep Cleanse(TM): Incorporating Your Artistic Visions Into Your Cleanses, Master Works Recreated With Peep Inspiration, A Coffeetable Book.

I really think you need to work on shortening the title of your upcoming book!
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

ALL HAIL WATERCRESS.

Bacon+Peep.jpg

vs.

fern-01.jpg
    Isn't that a fern?

I'm pretty sure it is. Kale = decoration. Ferns are decorative. Ergo, kale is a fern. QED

This was my line of reasoning. I'm not into those sciencey terms like genus and species. I find that they create artificial boundaries.

Agreed. We only need to apply a philosophical logic argument. I'm certain this logic holds...unless FERN is a kale. Back to the drawing board to see if the bi-conditional holds. This could be groundbreaking...

Your use of big words makes me think you're intelligent ergo you're right about everything.

I see you wear glasses, and you agree with me. Ergo, you are at least as smart as I. Stick around here, I think you'll be just fine <3

ETA: You're on probation. See post below. Tsk tsk.
  • williams969
    Options

ALL HAIL WATERCRESS.

Bacon+Peep.jpg

vs.

fern-01.jpg
    Isn't that a fern?

From wiki:

Kale:
    Kale or borecole (Brassica oleracea Acephala Group) is a vegetable with green or purple leaves, in which the central leaves do not form a head. It is considered[1] to be closer to wild cabbage than most domesticated forms of vegetables.

The species Brassica oleracea contains a wide variety of vegetables, including broccoli, cauliflower, collard greens, and brussels sprouts. The cultivar group Acephala also includes spring greens and collard greens, which are similar genetically. Pieris rapae is one of the best-known pests of the plant.

Fern:
    A fern is a member of a group of roughly 12,000 species[3] of vascular plants that reproduce via spores and have neither seeds nor flowers. They differ from mosses by being vascular (i.e. having water-conducting vessels). They have stems and leaves, like other vascular plants. Most ferns have what are called fiddleheads that expand into fronds, which are each delicately divided.[4]

Leptosporangiate ferns (sometimes called "true ferns") are by far the largest group, but ferns as defined here (ferns sensu lato) include horsetails, whisk ferns, marattioid ferns, and ophioglossoid ferns. This group may be referred to as monilophytes. The term pteridophyte traditionally refers to ferns plus a few other seedless vascular plants (see the classification section below), although some recent authors have used the term to refer strictly to the monilophytes.

I'm gonna go with no but I'm not a biologist and my last biology class was in 2004. Plus I never learned the plant kingdoms either in 5th grade...

I like you, but...

axJmn.gif

star-trek-peeps.jpg

Since developing the The 10 Day Master Peep Cleanse(TM), I've found so many awesome pics like this. There are some truly creative individuals out there. I discuss incorporating your artistic visions into your cleanse in my upcoming book The 10 Day Master Peep Cleanse(TM): Incorporating Your Artistic Visions Into Your Cleanses, Master Works Recreated With Peep Inspiration, A Coffeetable Book.

You can appreciate big words, or you can have short book titles. You can't have both. @tincanonastring commands respect here. This is your last warning.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

ALL HAIL WATERCRESS.

Bacon+Peep.jpg

vs.

fern-01.jpg
    Isn't that a fern?

From wiki:

Kale:

Fern:

I like you, but...

axJmn.gif

star-trek-peeps.jpg

You can appreciate big words, or you can have short book titles. You can't have both. @tincanonastring commands respect here. This is your last warning.

If that's the case, I've completely failed all of my goals!
  • williams969
    Options

ALL HAIL WATERCRESS.

Bacon+Peep.jpg

vs.

fern-01.jpg
    Isn't that a fern?

From wiki:

Kale:

Fern:

I like you, but...

axJmn.gif

star-trek-peeps.jpg

You only fail if you give up. Back on the horse, pally! You can do it!
  • tincanonastring
    Options

ALL HAIL WATERCRESS.

Bacon+Peep.jpg

vs.

fern-01.jpg
    Isn't that a fern?

From wiki:

Kale:

Fern:

I like you, but...

axJmn.gif

star-trek-peeps.jpg

In that case, dick pics for everyone!

• LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options

ALL HAIL WATERCRESS.

Bacon+Peep.jpg

vs.

fern-01.jpg
    Isn't that a fern?

From wiki:

Kale:

Fern:

I like you, but...

axJmn.gif

star-trek-peeps.jpg

The title's fine. But I want the expurgated version.

The 10 Day Master Peep Cleanse(TM): Incorporating Your Artistic Visions Into Your Cleanses, Master Works Recreated With Peep Inspiration, A Coffeetable Book, Expurgated By Darles Chikkens
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options

ALL HAIL WATERCRESS.

Bacon+Peep.jpg

vs.

fern-01.jpg
    Isn't that a fern?

From wiki:

Kale:

Fern:

I like you, but...

axJmn.gif

star-trek-peeps.jpg

In that case, dick pics for everyone some! Tiny American flags for everyone!
    Fixed
  • kampshoff
    kampshoff Posts: 133 Member
    Options

ALL HAIL WATERCRESS.

Bacon+Peep.jpg

vs.

fern-01.jpg
    Isn't that a fern?

From wiki:

Kale:

Fern:

I like you, but...

axJmn.gif

star-trek-peeps.jpg

May I distract you from that disturbing idea with something that may be relevant to your interests?
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

ALL HAIL WATERCRESS.

Bacon+Peep.jpg

vs.

fern-01.jpg
    Isn't that a fern?

From wiki:

Kale:

Fern:

I like you, but...

axJmn.gif

star-trek-peeps.jpg

tZOS8.gif
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Acg67 wrote: »

That's what EVERYONE has been saying in this thread, duh!!! Kale causes cancer. We MUST eat peeps.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options

ALL HAIL WATERCRESS.

Bacon+Peep.jpg

vs.

fern-01.jpg
    Isn't that a fern?

From wiki:

Kale:

Fern:

I like you, but...

axJmn.gif

star-trek-peeps.jpg

Nooooooo!
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    _John_ wrote: »
    this post needs bacon grease...

I sauteed kale IN bacon grease last night...YUM!
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    kampshoff wrote: »

ALL HAIL WATERCRESS.

Bacon+Peep.jpg

vs.

fern-01.jpg
    Isn't that a fern?

From wiki:

Kale:

Fern:

I like you, but...

axJmn.gif

star-trek-peeps.jpg

May I distract you from that disturbing idea with something that may be relevant to your interests?

You get a dick pic...
    marypoppinscover.jpg
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »

ALL HAIL WATERCRESS.

Bacon+Peep.jpg

vs.

fern-01.jpg
    Isn't that a fern?

From wiki:

Kale:

Fern:

I like you, but...

axJmn.gif

star-trek-peeps.jpg

tZOS8.gif

and you get a dick pic
    nixon_6.jpg