Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I am not shy, sometimes it causes problems haha :)
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

Same here. I usually put myself out there too much (and it often bites me in the a--) Sometimes I have no filter either. I just say what I think or what I feel (sometimes I regret being THAT open) Sigh...
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

Same here. I usually put myself out there too much (and it often bites me in the a--) Sometimes I have no filter either. I just say what I think or what I feel (sometimes I regret being THAT open) Sigh...

I know the exact feeling!!
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options

I still am, actually. I force myself to be extroverted because that's who I want to be. [/quote]

If this makes any sense, I am a shy extrovert. I am shy until I get to know someone, but then, I am the least shy person ever...and sometimes have no filter at all. By definition, though, I am definitely an extrovert, in that I like to be with people. Most people really enjoy their "alone" time, but I don't care if I am ever alone again. Sometimes when I am home alone with my 2yo, I want to wake her from her nap so we can play![/quote]

I don't know what to call myself. I'm sooooo awkward around strangers, new acquaintences, etc. I wouldn't even say shy, just extremely awkward. I don't know how to use my body correctly. Words don't come out correctly or make sense at all. It's awful. So then I stay fairly quiet and people take that as me being rude, standoffish, or just a general b!tch.

Once I get to know you, I am so friendly, flamboyant, and crazy.

Those two combined, I'm surprised I have any friends at all.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    This thread is good for the soul, no?
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    I wish you could "like" comments on here
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    This thread is good for the soul, no?

shaping_the_new_you_chicken_soup_for_the_soul.jpeg
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

I still am, actually. I force myself to be extroverted because that's who I want to be.

If this makes any sense, I am a shy extrovert. I am shy until I get to know someone, but then, I am the least shy person ever...and sometimes have no filter at all. By definition, though, I am definitely an extrovert, in that I like to be with people. Most people really enjoy their "alone" time, but I don't care if I am ever alone again. Sometimes when I am home alone with my 2yo, I want to wake her from her nap so we can play![/quote]

I don't know what to call myself. I'm sooooo awkward around strangers, new acquaintences, etc. I wouldn't even say shy, just extremely awkward. I don't know how to use my body correctly. Words don't come out correctly or make sense at all. It's awful. So then I stay fairly quiet and people take that as me being rude, standoffish, or just a general b!tch.

Those two combined, I'm surprised I have any friends at all.[/quote]

This is me. Strangers/acquaintances think I'm quiet, my close friends and family can tell you I never shut up!

I have people tell me they're intimidated by me, and I can look b*tchy but really I'm just incredibly self-conscious. I also tend to operate under the assumption that most people don't like me.
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I am an office manager for a Concrete/Construction company. When I started here, I was covering a maternity leave position (we get a full year in Canada). When she came back from leave, she convinced my boss to keep me on part-time because it was too much work for one person. In the end, she couldn't keep up and quit, and I became the office manager.

I confess that I think she must have been mentally challenged, as I am done my work in 2 hours and spend the next six hours on MFP and other websites. I am really sad that it is going to get busy in the next month or so and I am going to have less time to waste on here.
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    My entire family thinks I'm a slow moving disappointment. It took me until age 23 to commit to college; I'm now applying for transfer to complete my bachelor's (est. graduation: June 2018) and will pursue my master's afterwards, though they are unaware. That makes me a bachelor's grad at 28 and a master's grad at 30.

That's Okay! The important thin is that you're doing it. I didn't get my Bachelor's degree until I was almost 30 (just last year actually). Between a full time job and family I'm shocked I acutally finished. Just don't quit!
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »

I still am, actually. I force myself to be extroverted because that's who I want to be.

If this makes any sense, I am a shy extrovert. I am shy until I get to know someone, but then, I am the least shy person ever...and sometimes have no filter at all. By definition, though, I am definitely an extrovert, in that I like to be with people. Most people really enjoy their "alone" time, but I don't care if I am ever alone again. Sometimes when I am home alone with my 2yo, I want to wake her from her nap so we can play!

Those two combined, I'm surprised I have any friends at all.[/quote]

This is me. Strangers/acquaintances think I'm quiet, my close friends and family can tell you I never shut up!

I have people tell me they're intimidated by me, and I can look b*tchy but really I'm just incredibly self-conscious. I also tend to operate under the assumption that most people don't like me. [/quote]

Yes, yes, yes. All so true for me. What's that thing my mom passed down to me and my sister? Resting B!tchy Face. Yes.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    ethim wrote: »
    I never reach my protein goals

Me neither - My current food plan for next week has me under by ~ 50 g a day! I'm thinking burgers for lunch...
    Ceci_O_K wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    Confession #1 It really wasn't a typo. My 2 1/2 year old is a sponge these days. Last week, my daughter, my dog and I were going outside to play and the dog was hopping around like crazy because, well, she's crazy. So I threw her frisbee in the yard to get her out of the way & she jumped right up the 5 foot rock retaining wall. I said "holy crap". Guess what the next 2 words out of my daughters mouth were. I'm really watching my language now

When my daughter was about that age, we were looking out the window and our dog ran by. She said, "Where the hell does he think he's going?!" To which her dad replied, "Wonder where the hell she got that from." You definitely have to be careful, everything will be repeated, many times, at the most inopportune moments.

It's funny how moments like that stand out in my memory. She's 21 now!

Yep. Told my son we could not stop for ice cream on the way to day care (7:45am) the other day and he stared forlornly out the window. Under his breath, barely audible, I heard, "Dammit."

Dammit was one of my oldest daughter's first words. She was one. She would get something off the coffee table, throw it down, and say dammit. I wish I could have blamed that one on her dad...

• AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I'm not shy at all. I'm the guy who glances at name tags and will remember a waiter/waitresses name forever, or start up conversations with the clerk at the grocery store who's ringing up my groceries.

I was at an Indian Restaurant, (if you've never had Seekh kebab biryani, you're missing one of the most flavorful food experiences known to man), and the waitress brings my check, as she goes to put it on the table I wave her away and say "No thank you, I didn't order that." she starts to put it back into her pocket, I tell her I was kidding and she starts laughing so hard, like no one ever did that to her before and she was seriously not going to give me a bill. she went into the kitchen and told everyone so all the guys in the back came out to meet the funny guy.

I almost had a free dinner, almost.
  • yiscaht
    yiscaht Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Here goes ...

I've been fooling myself for years, there is no possible way to free pour 2 tablespoons of salad dressing, so I've probably been downing 1/3 cup per sitting
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options

If this makes any sense, I am a shy extrovert. I am shy until I get to know someone, but then, I am the least shy person ever...and sometimes have no filter at all. By definition, though, I am definitely an extrovert, in that I like to be with people. Most people really enjoy their "alone" time, but I don't care if I am ever alone again. Sometimes when I am home alone with my 2yo, I want to wake her from her nap so we can play!

I have people tell me they're intimidated by me, and I can look b*tchy but really I'm just incredibly self-conscious. I also tend to operate under the assumption that most people don't like me. [/quote]

Yes, yes, yes. All so true for me. What's that thing my mom passed down to me and my sister? Resting B!tchy Face. Yes.[/quote]

Yep, that's what I have too
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I am similar, only when I get to know people, I am still awkward and quiet. I tend to just keep my mouth shut to avoid embarrassing myself.
  • yiscaht
    yiscaht Posts: 25 Member
    Options

Yes, yes, yes. All so true for me. What's that thing my mom passed down to me and my sister? Resting B!tchy Face. Yes.[/quote]

Completely understand this - it's me in a nutshell. New people think I'm rude cause they see me talking to people I know and think I'm just bitchy because I'm not speaking to them. It's not being rude, it's that around people I know I open my mouth and sound like an idiot. Takes a lot to get me talking, then I don't shut up lol.

I'm the girl who never says bye when I leave. Don't want the attention, so just sneak out.
  • littled1986
    littled1986 Posts: 101 Member
    Options

I have people tell me they're intimidated by me, and I can look b*tchy but really I'm just incredibly self-conscious. I also tend to operate under the assumption that most people don't like me.

Yep, that's what I have too[/quote]

I wish I had that. I have resting tell me your life story and will do favors for strangers face.
    Confession: I'm not nearly as nice as people assume.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options

Yes, yes, yes. All so true for me. What's that thing my mom passed down to me and my sister? Resting B!tchy Face. Yes.

Yep, that's what I have too[/quote]

I wish I had that. I have resting tell me your life story and will do favors for strangers face.
    Confession: I'm not nearly as nice as people assume. [/quote]

Hahaha I was thinking the exact same thing!! I have the 'can't say no to helping out anyone who asks' face
  • littled1986
    littled1986 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    @LBuehrle8‌ Its funny how upset and persistent people get when they don't expect you to say no.