Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• JMC3Terp
    JMC3Terp Posts: 2,803 Member
    Options
    ...my favorite is still a vanilla soft serve cone with that cherry dip stuff. It reminds me of when I was a kid and my dad would take me and my brother to DQ after miniature golfing during the summer :) Good times.

Those were the best!!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Mmm Cold Stone and Dairy Queen :(...What I would do for a mint Oreo blizzard right now!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Blizzards are simply the best. I like the waffle bowls too.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    AlciaMode wrote: »
    ethim wrote: »

Definitely this. For various reasons I've always felt the odd one out and that friendships I have made have faded/been cut off. Not only does this mean it's more difficult to make friends - the more I put in the harder it will hurt when it ends - it also means I've grown pretty independent. I go on holiday alone, go to gigs alone, go to the cinema alone, go on excursions to art galleries/hiking/museums/new places alone. Sometimes I like it - I can do what I want... but I do feel ALONE.

I have a bunch of great, great friends (not trying to rub it in or anything) and I still like to go and do things on my own. Not having to consider "will everyone be able to eat something at this restaurant?" Or "if i invite my homies will i get stuck paying for their broke butts?" do great things for my psyche. Besides I really like being by myself. I am plotting on a one person vacation to Arizona, and am notorious for seeing movies by myself with a 40 stashed in my purse. I go to bars alone and read books while sipping martinis. More power to you for not depending on others to have some fun. Every person that is capable of being on their own will eventually make a great companion because you know who YOU are and what YOU want.

I totally agree. When I used to go to bars, I would go on my own sometimes, I mean, you always meet people there anyway. And one of my favorite things now is to go to the movies on my own. Sometimes I won't even tell anyone I plan to see something to avoid someone wanting to come lol. I travel all day on my own at least one of my two days off, just doing my own thing! I even will go for lunch at a nice restaurant on my own, read a book or whatever.....I love it!

Confession: Sometimes when I just can't stand being at work for one minute longer I'll tell them I'm "sick" and I'll leave to go to a movie. There are no lines and usually only one or two other people in the theatre.

I feel a little guilty but then I stuff my face with popcorn and I feel better.

On my day off I will go to the earliest show there is, like 3 or 4pm. Usually only a few other people there, I can sit with nobody at all around me, which means I can spread out, put my feet up on the chair in front of me, and even text a few times without bothering anyone.....I stay away when it is busy times, I will not go at peak times at all, because I do not want anyone sitting too close to me :p
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    AlciaMode wrote: »
    ethim wrote: »

Definitely this. For various reasons I've always felt the odd one out and that friendships I have made have faded/been cut off. Not only does this mean it's more difficult to make friends - the more I put in the harder it will hurt when it ends - it also means I've grown pretty independent. I go on holiday alone, go to gigs alone, go to the cinema alone, go on excursions to art galleries/hiking/museums/new places alone. Sometimes I like it - I can do what I want... but I do feel ALONE.

I have a bunch of great, great friends (not trying to rub it in or anything) and I still like to go and do things on my own. Not having to consider "will everyone be able to eat something at this restaurant?" Or "if i invite my homies will i get stuck paying for their broke butts?" do great things for my psyche. Besides I really like being by myself. I am plotting on a one person vacation to Arizona, and am notorious for seeing movies by myself with a 40 stashed in my purse. I go to bars alone and read books while sipping martinis. More power to you for not depending on others to have some fun. Every person that is capable of being on their own will eventually make a great companion because you know who YOU are and what YOU want.

I totally agree. When I used to go to bars, I would go on my own sometimes, I mean, you always meet people there anyway. And one of my favorite things now is to go to the movies on my own. Sometimes I won't even tell anyone I plan to see something to avoid someone wanting to come lol. I travel all day on my own at least one of my two days off, just doing my own thing! I even will go for lunch at a nice restaurant on my own, read a book or whatever.....I love it!

Confession: Sometimes when I just can't stand being at work for one minute longer I'll tell them I'm "sick" and I'll leave to go to a movie. There are no lines and usually only one or two other people in the theatre.

I feel a little guilty but then I stuff my face with popcorn and I feel better.

On my day off I will go to the earliest show there is, like 3 or 4pm. Usually only a few other people there, I can sit with nobody at all around me, which means I can spread out, put my feet up on the chair in front of me, and even text a few times without bothering anyone.....I stay away when it is busy times, I will not go at peak times at all, because I do not want anyone sitting too close to me :p

I can't sit next to a stranger at the movies. If I'm with 2 other people, I must sit in the middle (I don't care if the other 2 are a couple!) or I must sit on the aisle. It's all from an episode of America's Most Wanted I saw when I was about 8 where some loon sat next to a girl at the movies, then 20 minutes into the movie, 'spilled' his 'drink' on her lap and it was acid. Totally scared the hell out of me and it's been a whacky phobia ever since.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    My confession: I am a huge procrastinator. This semester is (hopefully) my last one, but it's the hardest one yet. I've been suffering from anxiety, which also makes me an escapist. Now I have an essay due at midnight that I have hardly started on. Good thing it's only 1200 words. TIME TO MAKE MYSELF DO IT.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    We have Cold Stone Creamery here but I've only eaten there once. :neutral_face: I'm never temped to go there either. Now, DQ, yum! aka, in for the Blizzards.

DQ!!! I love the Blizzards, but my favorite is still a vanilla soft serve cone with that cherry dip stuff. It reminds me of when I was a kid and my dad would take me and my brother to DQ after miniature golfing during the summer :) Good times.

My mom's favorite at DQ is a chocolate dipped in cherry cone. Mine is an m&m Blizzard.

• Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    My confession: I am a huge procrastinator. This semester is (hopefully) my last one, but it's the hardest one yet. I've been suffering from anxiety, which also makes me an escapist. Now I have an essay due at midnight that I have hardly started on. Good thing it's only 1200 words. TIME TO MAKE MYSELF DO IT.

I'm not a procrastinator at all when it comes to school, thank God. I love getting things done early, less stress for me. :)
  • Alatariel75
    Options

I'm a huge procrastinator. One day I procrastinated by reading this http://waitbutwhy.com/2013/10/why-procrastinators-procrastinate.html

It was pretty eye-opening!
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options

I'm a huge procrastinator. One day I procrastinated by reading this http://waitbutwhy.com/2013/10/why-procrastinators-procrastinate.html

Oh man, I started reading this and now I'm just kicking myself. I need to get this paper done!

Wish I could be like you, Lefty. I'm just making myself a ball of panic.

• Alatariel75
    Options

Oh man, I started reading this and now I'm just kicking myself. I need to get this paper done!

Wish I could be like you, Lefty. I'm just making myself a ball of panic.

LOL, well tear yourself away from it, but bookmark it! It's really worth the read.
  • Childfree1991
    Childfree1991 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Confession~ I sometimes get jealous of women with "bigger chests". Despite having lost over 60 pounds, and said goodbye to stubborn belly fat, thigh fat, hip fat, etc. I had to say goodbye to "chest fat" as well which is what I didn't want to see go... :neutral_face:
  • shawnaes91
    shawnaes91 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    When I'm out with my husband I compare ever female I see who is attractive or skinny to myself.
    I never use to or obsess on my weight or the way other looked. What started all this was my husband actually had plans to cheat on me while I was recently pregnant. The reason being was how big I was made him unattracted to me.

Its the reason I want to hit my goal weight so badly.
  • Childfree1991
    Childfree1991 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    shawnaes91 wrote: »
    When I'm out with my husband I compare ever female I see who is attractive or skinny to myself.
    I never use to or obsess on my weight or the way other looked. What started all this was my husband actually had plans to cheat on me while I was recently pregnant. The reason being was how big I was made him unattracted to me.

Aim for your goal weight because YOU want to, not because you feel pressured by a guy you're with. Never let a guy make decisions for your personal being. And yes, I'm feminist :wink:

• Alatariel75
    Options

Oh hon, it makes me sad that you're putting pressure on yourself, in addition to the pressures of being a new mum, because of something that is ALL on him. You know it's not OK to plan to cheat on your pregnant wife, right? And that's his fault, not yours?
  • shannonbun
    shannonbun Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Confession~ I sometimes get jealous of women with "bigger chests". Despite having lost over 60 pounds, and said goodbye to stubborn belly fat, thigh fat, hip fat, etc. I had to say goodbye to "chest fat" as well which is what I didn't want to see go... :neutral_face:

same! especially when people post about how they haven't lost anything from their breasts but they've lost everywhere else... the girls were the first to pack their bags and head out, sadly :(
  • shannonbun
    shannonbun Posts: 168 Member
    Options

i'm sorry that he's such a douche :/ hit your goal weight for YOU. i am positive you were beautiful during pregnancy and that your husband--pardon me--is just a whole lot of words you shouldn't say on a public forum. the fact that he can't control himself does not mean anything is wrong with you.
  • Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    My confession for today, I was super busy most of the day and didn't eat. Instead when hubby and his friend got back from fishing we started drinking. After a few months with little or no alcohol and no food it didn't take long for beer 3 to make me tipsy and beer 4 to make me pretty sloshed, I'm now working on beer 6. On the upside since we started drinking we've eaten bbq'd oysters , ribs, macaroni and cheese, potatoe salad and biscuits... So I'm full and drunk and ready for a nap.... And rather than actually log it I just added today's calories as a quick add...
  • shawnaes91
    shawnaes91 Posts: 60 Member
    Options

Oh hon, it makes me sad that you're putting pressure on yourself, in addition to the pressures of being a new mum, because of something that is ALL on him. You know it's not OK to plan to cheat on your pregnant wife, right? And that's his fault, not yours?

I know its not ok. I also know I can leave him at anytime I am in a position to be able to. We made the agreement to work our issues out.

But even despite that its really taken a toll on my own self image. I'm not trying to be unrealistic with my weight goals or anything or my ways of reaching them.
    I'm not starving myself or anything or doing exercise until I drop I'm taking it slow and aiming for one pound a week. Its just I feel terrible everyday. I haven't shared with anyone in real life what happened. Its just nice to get it off my chest.
  • Alatariel75
    Options

I know its not ok. I also know I can leave him at anytime I am in a position to be able to. We made the agreement to work our issues out.

But even despite that its really taken a toll on my own self image. I'm not trying to be unrealistic with my weight goals or anything or my ways of reaching them.
    I'm not starving myself or anything or doing exercise until I drop I'm taking it slow and aiming for one pound a week. Its just I feel terrible everyday. I haven't shared with anyone in real life what happened. Its just nice to get it off my chest.

Absolutely, that's a hell of a burden and of course it's going to be a kick to the self esteem. Take care of yourself.