Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    I took down the Christmas tree!

qVpcfpg.gif?1

GIF of the year!
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I have to make a cake for my daughter's Gender Reveal Party this weekend, and I know I am going to blow it, with cake trimmings and icing. I am not sure how to combat this.

Congrats! I'm guessing you already know the gender? Just wanted to acknowledge your happy news because if I recall just recently you said you were having a hard time and there was a recent loss in your family. (I apologize if I have you confused with someone else.)

You are correct, we lost my son's baby boy - he lived two hours after birth. Two years before that the same son had a daughter that lived 23 days. My daughter is pregnant with her second child (the first is 3 1/2 and he is the joy of my life) She is having a girl this time. She, (or rather her husband) fortunately does not suffer from the same genetic disorder that affects my son and his wife. It is called Spinal Muscular Atrophy and only affects offspring if both parents carry the abnormal gene that causes it, and even then only affects 25% of births to parents who are both carriers, so it is pretty rare.

Oh, I'm so sorry! That is heartbreaking. I'm glad you are being blessed with grandchildren from your daughter but I'm sure that is extremely difficult for your son and his wife. I'm hoping somehow they can experience the joy of being parents even if they have to pursue other options.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I have to make a cake for my daughter's Gender Reveal Party this weekend, and I know I am going to blow it, with cake trimmings and icing. I am not sure how to combat this.

they have parties for this? is this new baby gender, or transitioning from one gender to another?

if it's new baby gender, go with pastel pinks and blues

It is for a new baby, I am the only one besides the dr that knows it is a girl. I am doing a cake that will be pink on the inside, but non gender specific on the outside. We will cut the cake to let everyone know it is a girl.

That's what I figured you meant. I was confused though: what are you going to blow and what is the "this" that you need to combat? Do you think you're going to blow the secret before they cut the cake?

Also, PROTIP: have them cut the cake with a piece of waxed, unflavored dental floss so the inside doesn't stick to the knife and ruin the surprise.

I will be blowing my calories for the day I make this cake, I cannot make a cake, where I have to trim it (level it to stack layers) and make icing without eating said trimmings with any available icing. This is why I gave up cake decorating when I started my wellness journey back in August. (and probably a significant reason I needed to go on a wellness journey to start with)
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    tincanonastring is the winner of this thread between the book stuff and the Master Peep Cleanse. Can I steal this bit and start suggesting it on all those "need 2 loose weight fast i have 2 wks"[sic] threads? I don't want to claim intellectual credit for it but I can't stop giggling when I read it.
  • selena_teresa
    selena_teresa Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    caddir wrote: »
    I've been feeling lost as of late.

Is there any way we can help?

Having someone to talk to would be awesome.

I am usually close to the computer via my phone or work computer if you want to be friends and send messages when you want to talk. :)
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    tincanonastring is the winner of this thread between the book stuff and the Master Peep Cleanse. Can I steal this bit and start suggesting it on all those "need 2 loose weight fast i have 2 wks"[sic] threads? I don't want to claim intellectual credit for it but I can't stop giggling when I read it.

Technically, it's the 10 Day Master Peep Cleanse(TM) and it's really meant for the cleansing/detox threads, but feel free to spread it around. I love a good ego stroking.
  • tincanonastring
    Options

they have parties for this? is this new baby gender, or transitioning from one gender to another?

It is for a new baby, I am the only one besides the dr that knows it is a girl. I am doing a cake that will be pink on the inside, but non gender specific on the outside. We will cut the cake to let everyone know it is a girl.

That's what I figured you meant. I was confused though: what are you going to blow and what is the "this" that you need to combat? Do you think you're going to blow the secret before they cut the cake?

Also, PROTIP: have them cut the cake with a piece of waxed, unflavored dental floss so the inside doesn't stick to the knife and ruin the surprise.

I will be blowing my calories for the day I make this cake, I cannot make a cake, where I have to trim it (level it to stack layers) and make icing without eating said trimmings with any available icing. This is why I gave up cake decorating when I started my wellness journey back in August. (and probably a significant reason I needed to go on a wellness journey to start with)

Mmm...that's a toughie, but what if you took the extra calories you eat this weekend, divide them by 7 and add them gradually over the course of the next week? That way you can still be at a deficit (or at least maintenance!) after the week is over.
  • JessieLMay
    JessieLMay Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I wear spanx all the time. I never leave the house without something to keep my tummy held in. :(

e too. I feel fat and jiggly without it. It doest really keep me sucked in though. Perhaps I am too fanfor ot.
  • serafinelaveaux
    serafinelaveaux Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I balance on my scale with my toes positioned right on the very front edge. It shaves 3-4 pounds off from what I'd get if I stood square in the center. I defend this by reminding myself that the highest recorded weight I have on here was achieved doing that so I might as well continue the trend.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I just opened facebook and saw several people I know passing this around. I confess, I honestly don't see the appeal of a bacon hot dog served on a Krispy Kreme bun:
    http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/03/17/634495/

I confess I was relieved that it's not actually a local hot dog.
  • AllTheNoms
    AllTheNoms Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    A few new confessions :

1) I just got a Fitbit for my birthday and find myself swinging my arms in a comical fashion when walking since I want to make sure and get credit for my steps.

2) I usually keep Rotisserie chicken on hand and find myself rage eating (as in, ravenously gnawing on the bones) as soon as I get home from a tough workout. May have to stop buying it altogether since it keeps putting me over on calories.

3) I eat Gnu Foods fiber bars even though they have a…..room-clearing effect.
  • Looby47
    Looby47 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I balance on my scale with my toes positioned right on the very front edge. It shaves 3-4 pounds off from what I'd get if I stood square in the center. I defend this by reminding myself that the highest recorded weight I have on here was achieved doing that so I might as well continue the trend.

This made me laugh as I have been tempted but been (kinda) honest with the scales by obviously thinking there's no point kidding myself but we have 2 electronic scales and one is very random and one quite stable so I weigh myself on both and take the lowest. I have been doing this for the past 24 lbs loss so figure its not going to suddenly jump up 24 lbs !!!!
  • rinteusp
    rinteusp Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Looby47 wrote: »
    This made me laugh as I have been tempted but been (kinda) honest with the scales by obviously thinking there's no point kidding myself but we have 2 electronic scales and one is very random and one quite stable so I weigh myself on both and take the lowest. I have been doing this for the past 24 lbs loss so figure its not going to suddenly jump up 24 lbs !!!!

This - we have two, my husband uses one exclusively and use both - I just record the more flattering one.

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options

Technically, it's the 10 Day Master Peep Cleanse(TM) and it's really meant for the cleansing/detox threads, but feel free to spread it around. I love a good ego stroking.

That is how I read the bolded part, and I laughed. Yes, I am a perv

• rinteusp
    Options
    My (soldier) husband is 38, and can still literally eat whatever he wants. Tasty Cake? Sure. Fast food lunches? Okies. Huge steak dinners? No problem. If he notices a little chub, he stops eating like that for 5 days and it's gone. Sometimes I get so jealous of this it makes me sick. (On his behalf, he loves my big butt and is super supportive - whatever makes me feel happy with myself is what he wants for me. Hard to hate someone so good).

Sigh.
  • rinteusp
    Options

MFP needs a like button. Or a +1. I'll take either....
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options

Well, the beard kinda invites it, right? All the cartoon supervillains do it.
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    oh my goodness i have so many confessions. I just had a thumbprint cookie. I also beat myself up a lot. I lost 10 pounds in 2 months and I am struggling for the last 5 pounds before my SO comes home from overseas. I really do feel like giving up eating ice cream.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    On a related note, they were setting up the peeps display when I was shopping yesterday. Apparently they have watermelon and lime flavor this year.

I talk about "Alternative Colors" and their many uses in Chapter 39 of my book, The 10 Day Master Peep Cleanse: Cleansing And You, or How I Stopped Fearing And Learned To Love The Peep.

I need 17 copies so I can give them out at Easter.
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options

American's have parties for everything. Baby's gender, pregnancy, engagement, god knows how many different parties for the wedding etc

American's are mad ;)