Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I can't help judging a bit when I see pictures of overweight kids. And feeling so sad for them... what a harsh start in life to be made such an easy target for bullying.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Confession: I don't count the calories I eat when I eat the samples at Costco.
    Confession 2: Sometimes I go to Costco just for the samples.

I was running errands the other day and went to Costco to feed my son samples for lunch. Yeah...

• AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I binged really badly over the weekend, to the point i can;t even remember all that i ate. Feeling totally disgusted.

Also, want to sign up for the midnight walk up Ben Nevis (UK's highest mountain) but worried i'm not fit enough, and I won't get fit enough in 13 weeks.

Omg I ate so much last night. So so so much. But whatever. We can eat better all week this week, do your best to train, sign up for that Ben Nevis walk and kick it's butt. You will never know how amazing you, your body, and your mind are unless you try.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »

I was running errands the other day and went to Costco to feed my son samples for lunch. Yeah...

I've used the samples at Wegmans as snacks for the kids on week ends, lol.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I drank two bottles of wine Friday on my cheat day.... and woke up fine?
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Talkradio wrote: »

I've used the samples at Wegmans as snacks for the kids on week ends, lol.

Me too! There's always like 5 or 6 stations so it's perfect.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Confession: I really was trying to resist my cup of Joe this morning but caved. I had to steal someone's creamer out of the fridge because I ran out of my flavored coffee and hadn't replaced it on the account that I wasn't going to have a cup. I didn't take it all - just a splash...
  • smashley_mashley
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    AlciaMode wrote: »
    ethim wrote: »

Definitely this. For various reasons I've always felt the odd one out and that friendships I have made have faded/been cut off. Not only does this mean it's more difficult to make friends - the more I put in the harder it will hurt when it ends - it also means I've grown pretty independent. I go on holiday alone, go to gigs alone, go to the cinema alone, go on excursions to art galleries/hiking/museums/new places alone. Sometimes I like it - I can do what I want... but I do feel ALONE.

I have a bunch of great, great friends (not trying to rub it in or anything) and I still like to go and do things on my own. Not having to consider "will everyone be able to eat something at this restaurant?" Or "if i invite my homies will i get stuck paying for their broke butts?" do great things for my psyche. Besides I really like being by myself. I am plotting on a one person vacation to Arizona, and am notorious for seeing movies by myself with a 40 stashed in my purse. I go to bars alone and read books while sipping martinis. More power to you for not depending on others to have some fun. Every person that is capable of being on their own will eventually make a great companion because you know who YOU are and what YOU want.

I totally agree. When I used to go to bars, I would go on my own sometimes, I mean, you always meet people there anyway. And one of my favorite things now is to go to the movies on my own. Sometimes I won't even tell anyone I plan to see something to avoid someone wanting to come lol. I travel all day on my own at least one of my two days off, just doing my own thing! I even will go for lunch at a nice restaurant on my own, read a book or whatever.....I love it!

Confession: Sometimes when I just can't stand being at work for one minute longer I'll tell them I'm "sick" and I'll leave to go to a movie. There are no lines and usually only one or two other people in the theatre.

I feel a little guilty but then I stuff my face with popcorn and I feel better.

On my day off I will go to the earliest show there is, like 3 or 4pm. Usually only a few other people there, I can sit with nobody at all around me, which means I can spread out, put my feet up on the chair in front of me, and even text a few times without bothering anyone.....I stay away when it is busy times, I will not go at peak times at all, because I do not want anyone sitting too close to me :p

I can't sit next to a stranger at the movies. If I'm with 2 other people, I must sit in the middle (I don't care if the other 2 are a couple!) or I must sit on the aisle. It's all from an episode of America's Most Wanted I saw when I was about 8 where some loon sat next to a girl at the movies, then 20 minutes into the movie, 'spilled' his 'drink' on her lap and it was acid. Totally scared the hell out of me and it's been a whacky phobia ever since.

Holy crap! That is scary!! I do not like anyone sitting in the seats right beside me, I like an empty seat on each side. Unless I am there with my SO, which only happens once or twice a year cuz he mostly pays to sleep there lol. Even with friends, one seat between us at all times!

I was at a theater once - it was the cheap theater that plays the movies that are already out on DVD so you only pay $2.. There were about 10 people in the theatre so lots of place to sit without having to sit next to someone. One couple decided to sit right next to me & hubby with one chair beside us. The guy then decided that wasn't a good seat and sat right beside me. I was so creeped out and annoyed that both of us moved to another seat where no one can sit beside me.

It also annoys me to no end when I'm in a public bathroom and all the stalls are empty and someone has to go right beside me. I don't get it. give me a little pee space!
  • amandarunning
    amandarunning Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I love chocolate and I love chips (fries to most of you)! Once when at the seaside (Blackpool) I ordered a cone of chips and smothered them in salt, vinegar and HP (brown?) sauce. The guy on the counter looked at me weirdly as I did so and only when I'd walked away and eaten the first one did I realise it was chocolate sauce (they sold My Whippy too!). I just carried on eating as if it was intended but they were gross!
  • smashley_mashley
    Options
    I can't help judging a bit when I see pictures of overweight kids. And feeling so sad for them... what a harsh start in life to be made such an easy target for bullying.

I understand but I wouldn't say "judge" the kid. I feel bad b/c it is so hard to lose the weight and learn on your own how to correct the behaviors you grew up learning. I definitely judge the parents though. How can they do that to their kid? (but then I see them in the grocery store buying sugary cereals, salty snacks, pre-packaged food, and not one fresh veg or fruit).
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    confession:

(and this ties in to the past 2 or 3 topics in this thread somehow)

I used to be pretty judgmental of people with mental health issues. I'd dismiss it as weakness or attention seeking. Then about 2 years ago I started having panic attacks and anxiety. Fought it for a long time, tried to "fix" it on my own, nothing worked. Finally got help. Very humbling experience to say the least.

Was also drinking quite heavily during this time. Knocking on the door of full-blown alcoholism. I think the anxiety and panic attacks were correlated to the drinking but I'm not which came first. Anyway after getting help the desire to drink really dropped off. Every once in a while I want to have a casual drink like everyone else but I don't trust myself. It might be fine, or I might spiral out of control and right now I'm not willing to take that risk. Drinking heavily, at least for me, was symptomatic of deeper issues I had been harboring.

It all stems back to childhood I really believe that now. I didn't have that bad of childhood but for one aspect and it had a drastic effect on me without my realizing it until recently. I'll confess more on that later don't have the time now...

Oh, and I used to be one of those who thought about sex constantly but after seeking help they put me on an anti-depressant (one more thing I used to not "believe in" doing until it effected me). It has really helped me a lot, but one side effect is it has pretty much killed my libido. I don't necessarily mind it and in fact find it strangely liberating. I can focus my thoughts on more productive things and feel more in control of my mind and body.

Not a confession, but I highly recommend the book "Always the fat kid" - felt like I was reading my own biography and it really helped me understand myself.
    I'm really impressed by your honesty. I hope you're feeling better about yourself these days. I'm with you about not really understanding much about mental illness when you've always been fine yourself. My 19 year-old daughter has recently been diagnosed with depression, and I'm still struggling with the idea that it may NOT have been caused by her low iron levels, but may actually be a serious condition.

I am so happy you got help! Through being overweight my whole life and bullied, I was still ALWAYS very mentally stable. (Arrogance runs in my family!) After I had my second child, I became a completely different person. I was angry ALL THE TIME. I treated my three year old son sooo bad. One day, when the baby was about 6 months old, I raged out on my 3yo to the point that I physically hurt him. I immediately lock myself in the bathroom and called my husband to come home from work. That very day, we went to our GP, who diagnosed me with severe post-partum depression, even though I was not sad, but angry. I took antidepressants and joined a post-partum support group and the change back to my old self was almost immediate. To this day, I still harbor so much guilt over hurting my son and I will NEVER forget the look in his eyes when it happened. It was a complete look of betrayal. I don't think he remembers it and I have never told anyone this story before. I am so glad this is a no judgement zone, because now that I have brought the memories back up, I feel about the worst human being ever.

When our third was born, I also had PPD, but we knew to watch for the signs and made sure to get on anti-depressants right away...my awesome husband also insisted that I get out at least once a week, for a couple of hours without the baby.

I had post-partum depression after my son was born. I used to fantasize, while driving down the road, about driving my car into a telephone pole. I would be holding the steering wheel in a death grip, trying not to swerve off the road. It was terrifying. I have never felt so out of control. Eighteen months of Paxil and I've never had any problems since. It was so weird. I'm glad my PPD didn't target my son, that must have been horrendous.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    threnjen wrote: »
    So I was so busy reading this thread that I forgot I was filling up my 90 gallon aquarium and it overflowed. It's not actually funny at all, legit emergency and I have probably irrevocably ruined the wood floor underneath the stand :( Plus I'm worried now about weakening due to water damage.

Oh no! I hope everything is okay...That is scary.

Confession: I was at work one morning about a year ago and an ex of mine came into my work (he worked for a company who sent a tech out to work on one of our printers). I hadn't seen him in about 10 years. (Worst morning ever...) The last time he had seen me I was really skinny (and young). I was so ashamed and embarrassed to be as big as I was. He was a real jerk so I really wish I could have been better looking.
    I don't think I'll see him again which is both good and bad. Good because I really don't like him but bad because I'm losing weight again and I want him to see how good I look again afterwards.

Thankfully, he looked old. :)

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

I understand but I wouldn't say "judge" the kid. I feel bad b/c it is so hard to lose the weight and learn on your own how to correct the behaviors you grew up learning. I definitely judge the parents though. How can they do that to their kid? (but then I see them in the grocery store buying sugary cereals, salty snacks, pre-packaged food, and not one fresh veg or fruit).

This! It makes me so sad and angry at the parents. Then it makes me grateful the way my parents raised me- everything in moderation and plenty of milk, veggies, and fruits. I'm here now due to my own bad eating habits and ignoring my family's warnings of me putting on weight :( I hate getting older sometimes!
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Jazzybrass wrote: »
    I feel sympathy for so many of you but cannot show it.

I used to be so addicted to Diet coke that I would drink upwards of 2 litres per day and even more on a bad day. I only stopped when I had to go to the dentist (no issues- I was dared to) and was frightened of being told off. I had not been to the dentist for over 10 years before this and seemed to think that a few days of giving diet coke up would repair a lifetime of damage.

It has now been over two months since my last soft drink/soda! I am very proud of this and being able to work through the severe withdrawal pains. I now drink coffee and water but am in no way addicted to coffee.

Good for you! That habit is hard to break.

I was at the dentist last week and apparently soda (diet dr pepper) is destroying my teeth. Actually, he was super nice and had tips to lessen the effect if I still wanted to drink it but I'm weaning myself off pop now. I hope that I'm completely off soda soon. I'm addicted to caffeine so I'm switching to tea.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    confession:

(and this ties in to the past 2 or 3 topics in this thread somehow)

I used to be pretty judgmental of people with mental health issues. I'd dismiss it as weakness or attention seeking. Then about 2 years ago I started having panic attacks and anxiety. Fought it for a long time, tried to "fix" it on my own, nothing worked. Finally got help. Very humbling experience to say the least.

Was also drinking quite heavily during this time. Knocking on the door of full-blown alcoholism. I think the anxiety and panic attacks were correlated to the drinking but I'm not which came first. Anyway after getting help the desire to drink really dropped off. Every once in a while I want to have a casual drink like everyone else but I don't trust myself. It might be fine, or I might spiral out of control and right now I'm not willing to take that risk. Drinking heavily, at least for me, was symptomatic of deeper issues I had been harboring.

It all stems back to childhood I really believe that now. I didn't have that bad of childhood but for one aspect and it had a drastic effect on me without my realizing it until recently. I'll confess more on that later don't have the time now...

Oh, and I used to be one of those who thought about sex constantly but after seeking help they put me on an anti-depressant (one more thing I used to not "believe in" doing until it effected me). It has really helped me a lot, but one side effect is it has pretty much killed my libido. I don't necessarily mind it and in fact find it strangely liberating. I can focus my thoughts on more productive things and feel more in control of my mind and body.

Not a confession, but I highly recommend the book "Always the fat kid" - felt like I was reading my own biography and it really helped me understand myself.
    I'm really impressed by your honesty. I hope you're feeling better about yourself these days. I'm with you about not really understanding much about mental illness when you've always been fine yourself. My 19 year-old daughter has recently been diagnosed with depression, and I'm still struggling with the idea that it may NOT have been caused by her low iron levels, but may actually be a serious condition.

I am so happy you got help! Through being overweight my whole life and bullied, I was still ALWAYS very mentally stable. (Arrogance runs in my family!) After I had my second child, I became a completely different person. I was angry ALL THE TIME. I treated my three year old son sooo bad. One day, when the baby was about 6 months old, I raged out on my 3yo to the point that I physically hurt him. I immediately lock myself in the bathroom and called my husband to come home from work. That very day, we went to our GP, who diagnosed me with severe post-partum depression, even though I was not sad, but angry. I took antidepressants and joined a post-partum support group and the change back to my old self was almost immediate. To this day, I still harbor so much guilt over hurting my son and I will NEVER forget the look in his eyes when it happened. It was a complete look of betrayal. I don't think he remembers it and I have never told anyone this story before. I am so glad this is a no judgement zone, because now that I have brought the memories back up, I feel about the worst human being ever.

When our third was born, I also had PPD, but we knew to watch for the signs and made sure to get on anti-depressants right away...my awesome husband also insisted that I get out at least once a week, for a couple of hours without the baby.

I had post-partum depression after my son was born. I used to fantasize, while driving down the road, about driving my car into a telephone pole. I would be holding the steering wheel in a death grip, trying not to swerve off the road. It was terrifying. I have never felt so out of control. Eighteen months of Paxil and I've never had any problems since. It was so weird. I'm glad my PPD didn't target my son, that must have been horrendous.

Yikes. Glad you got some help.

I used to fantasize about driving my car off the road into a pole on the way to a former job just so I could hopefully get some rest in the hospital (stressful and tons of hours). That was when I knew it was time to find a new job...
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Anniversary was yesterday. The cake was just as delicious as it was a year ago. That bakery is truly the only thing I miss about living in that place. (Indiana - lived there for one long year)
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    amehh91 wrote: »
    My son's dad is a real douche, he greatly contributed to my PND issues after I had my son (cheating, not contributing to rent and racking up debt in my name, no baby help, verbally abusive, smashed my belongings etcetc). I finally left when my son was 18 months and he has refused to see him since just before his 2nd birthday and he constantly quits jobs so he doesn't have to pay child maintenance.
    Confession: I still feel just as peed off about it now as I did in the beginning and I'm not a particularly angry person but I have fantasised about bumping into him and having my say about the whole thing (I have held my tongue for my sons sake).
    2nd confession: I feel guilty about still letting confession 1 get to me as it has been nearly 2 years since I left and I think everyone thinks I should just get over it now.
    3rd confession: I'm making damn sure that if I do bump into him again (not likely as I had to move counties to get away from him) I am going to look super hot and he will know he didn't break me and me and my son are far better off without him.

Phew it feels good to get that off my chest!

Just keep telling yourself this. Because it's true. You will "get over it" when it's time. I went through something similar years ago and it took me awhile, too, but life takes crazy twists and turns and just focus on yourself and your son. Good for you for being strong enough to get away in the first place!
  • mrsswisspea
    mrsswisspea Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Confession #1: It was my birthday this weekend, and a friend was coming over. I had everything for a nice lunch, and so she didn't need to bring anything. She asked if she could bring something, and instead of saying "no", I said "yes... chips!". She came with two bags of salt and vinegar chips, my favourite. I ate a whole bag myself. On my birthday. It was awesome. Then I ate cake.

Confession #2: I just spent 15 minutes reading pages and pages of these confessions.
  • Francl27
    Options

It's what I meant... Obviously I'm not judging the kid! I had a 'friend' with an obese daughter, and she blamed it on her meds... I mean, sure, she was on meds that make you gain weight, but the mom herself was overweight and pretty much fried all their food... and it didn't occur to her at all that she was partly to blame too.

On the same line of thought, I feel so bad for divorced parents whose ex feed the kids junk all the time.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    crjmg wrote: »
    It is somewhat concerning to read of all the members who must meticulously weigh each item prior to eating it. I am aware that certain individuals are on very regimental diets and must account for every calorie, but these behaviours may become unhealthy habits and may prevent one from living a healthy and happy life. I know this because I have been there too, weighing everything that entered my mouth. You can eye ball most of these (e.g. Tbsp of peanut butter) and I bet you would be accurate. You don't want to become a slave to the scale. It feels a lot better to be able to eat in approximate estimations and you begin to trust your body more, thus building a stronger sense self-concept.

I think this varies person to person, though. Personally, this is what I do, too. I don't weigh my food or track calories because I wanted to be able to learn what I needed to eat and not eat just by figuring it out and listening to my body, but there really is no right or wrong way. Just doing what works for you is the key.