Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    On a related note, they were setting up the peeps display when I was shopping yesterday. Apparently they have watermelon and lime flavor this year.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    fitfatty88 wrote: »
    *kitten* thing may as well have ended with a fadeout to show it all took place in a goddamn snowglobe. *kitten* HAB Theory.

Confession: I sometimes overreact to insignificant things.

^^ That may be my favorite thing I've ever read on this forum. Now I almost want to read it to see why you're so angry about it. I have wayyy too many good books I want to read to go for that though...maybe someday.

I admit I checked out the book on Goodreads just now. It has a greater than 4 star rating, but I think I'll take the word of the great bearded one and add it to my "Do Not Read" list. LOL

I couldn't believe that rating, so I just read some of the reviews. Many mentions of the unsatisfying ending, which is my main issue. Without the ending, I give it a solid 3.5/maybe a 4. It really was a very interesting story. And then it ended and I wanted to kick a puppy.
    I have a feeling you'd get along really well with Dara O'Briain
    https://youtu.be/TaQlQjLDsvI?t=1h8m54s

That guy is awesome! I can't watch the video at work, but I'll check it out when I get home.
  • selena_teresa
    selena_teresa Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    betsysjl wrote: »
    I count kegels as a workout.

Every woman did a kegel when she read this post.
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    On a related note, they were setting up the peeps display when I was shopping yesterday. Apparently they have watermelon and lime flavor this year.

I talk about "Alternative Colors" and their many uses in Chapter 39 of my book, The 10 Day Master Peep Cleanse: Cleansing And You, or How I Stopped Fearing And Learned To Love The Peep.
  • Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    karinf wrote: »
    Just to be clear she was alive at the time the photo was taken.

That made me laugh!!! Glad you cleared it up!
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Bulls_23 wrote: »
    I'm 24 years old and I found 10+ greys in the front of my hair this morning..

I started to go grey in college but now it's just a streak in my hair a little like Rogue. I embraced those grey hairs. The other parts of my body? Those grey hairs can go straight to hell!

Well Rogue is pretty awesome!

Agreed. I wish my greys only came in a streak. Ugh.

I finished my book yesterday... Still can't start another one. I always need some time between a book and another, to get some kind of closure I guess (which I can't... considering that there's still one book left and it's not coming out for 17 months and it makes me want to scream).

I am the same way. Especially if the book takes a drastic turn and I am left traumatized lol. One book hit me pretty hard and I tried to start another one a bit later that day and I had to put it down because I couldn't focus on it.

I currently have three series that I am now waiting for the next book to come out. :(

Confession: I have become violently angry at the conclusion of books in the past. It is common for me to finish a novel and immediately throw it across the room if I don't like the ending. I read the a book called "HAB Theory" about 10 years or ago and was so incensed at how the author chose to end it that I read the last sentence, shook my head in disbelief, walked outside, and torched it with lighter fluid.

That's hard core

You have no idea. I've had a love affair with the English language since I was three. I've got a degree in English Literature and wondered why we didn't read more in the classes I took. My book collection has spilled into 4 different rooms at my house and is making hostile overtures toward a 5th. In second grade, a bunch of people sponsored me for the March of Dimes readathon. Most of them pledged $1 or $2 a book, probably thinking I'd read about 10 or so. I needed two forms to submit the 135 book titles I read that month. Most people only sponsored me at $.10 to a quarter per book from then on.

I tell you all that to make this clear: I *kitten* love books. I view the written word as one of the great pinnacles of human civilization and credit mass publication with the great social improvements of the last 500 years. For me, to burn a book is an almost unthinkable act of heresy. But that *kitten* guy wrote what has to be one of the worst *kitten* endings in the history of bad *kitten* endings. *kitten* thing may as well have ended with a fadeout to show it all took place in a goddamn snowglobe. *kitten* HAB Theory.

I am currently reading "Atlas Shrugged". While I still have a long way to go, the book and characters in it, are pissing me off.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options

I started to go grey in college but now it's just a streak in my hair a little like Rogue. I embraced those grey hairs. The other parts of my body? Those grey hairs can go straight to hell!

I finished my book yesterday... Still can't start another one. I always need some time between a book and another, to get some kind of closure I guess (which I can't... considering that there's still one book left and it's not coming out for 17 months and it makes me want to scream).

I am the same way. Especially if the book takes a drastic turn and I am left traumatized lol. One book hit me pretty hard and I tried to start another one a bit later that day and I had to put it down because I couldn't focus on it.

I currently have three series that I am now waiting for the next book to come out. :(

Confession: I have become violently angry at the conclusion of books in the past. It is common for me to finish a novel and immediately throw it across the room if I don't like the ending. I read the a book called "HAB Theory" about 10 years or ago and was so incensed at how the author chose to end it that I read the last sentence, shook my head in disbelief, walked outside, and torched it with lighter fluid.

That's hard core

You have no idea. I've had a love affair with the English language since I was three. I've got a degree in English Literature and wondered why we didn't read more in the classes I took. My book collection has spilled into 4 different rooms at my house and is making hostile overtures toward a 5th. In second grade, a bunch of people sponsored me for the March of Dimes readathon. Most of them pledged $1 or $2 a book, probably thinking I'd read about 10 or so. I needed two forms to submit the 135 book titles I read that month. Most people only sponsored me at $.10 to a quarter per book from then on.

I tell you all that to make this clear: I *kitten* love books. I view the written word as one of the great pinnacles of human civilization and credit mass publication with the great social improvements of the last 500 years. For me, to burn a book is an almost unthinkable act of heresy. But that *kitten* guy wrote what has to be one of the worst *kitten* endings in the history of bad *kitten* endings. *kitten* thing may as well have ended with a fadeout to show it all took place in a goddamn snowglobe. *kitten* HAB Theory.

I am currently reading "Atlas Shrugged". While I still have a long way to go, the book and characters in it, are pissing me off.

That, right there, is the one book that I would be tempted to set on fire.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    I have to make a cake for my daughter's Gender Reveal Party this weekend, and I know I am going to blow it, with cake trimmings and icing. I am not sure how to combat this.

Congrats! I'm guessing you already know the gender? Just wanted to acknowledge your happy news because if I recall just recently you said you were having a hard time and there was a recent loss in your family. (I apologize if I have you confused with someone else.)
  • tincanonastring
    Options

That's hard core

That, right there, is the one book that I would be tempted to set on fire.

I might give you a match.
  • 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I'm taking progress shots tomorrow because I'll be finishing stage 3 of the lifting program I'm following. I'm mostly taking them to punish myself, because I know I'm not going to see the results I should see. My workouts have been sporadic because of my commute, and it's taken me 3 times as long as it should have to finish this stage. I definitely could have done better, and part of me hopes that these photos will motivate me to work harder in stage 4.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Blasted coworkers and their delicious food! Some of the guys in my office smoked a corned beef. They brought around samples with cabbage, potatoes and carrots for everyone to try. I am sucking at willpower today.

Oh, and PS, I'm not logging the corned beef.

Hate to be stereotypical, but if the MEN took it upon themselves to provide you with a yummy St. Patrick's Day meal, I'd say just sit back and enjoy it!

Thankfully, I have no co-workers so I don't have to deal with this, but before my husband retired they always had food and lunches and extras at his office and it was always the women who did the lion's share: both providing the food and cleaning up. It annoyed me and I didn't even work there!

I work at a meat processing equipment and supply distributor so the guys here are always trying new products in our test kitchen. Most of the time, they give us worker bees samples and today's samples just so happen to be corned beef and cabbage. I wasn't mad. I love free food, especially when it's meat related. :smiley:

Well that makes sense! And I love tincanonastring's meme in response to your post!
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    I just opened facebook and saw several people I know passing this around. I confess, I honestly don't see the appeal of a bacon hot dog served on a Krispy Kreme bun:
    http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/03/17/634495/
  • selena_teresa
    Options
    I wish I were as skillful at tuning out noises as some of you guys in this thread. I'd like to get back into reading since I haven't done that since the Harry Potter series, but it's very rare that I can sit in a quiet room for hours at a time without anyone bothering me or watching TV/playing video games. I feel like I need to leave the house just to get some reading done, but I have no idea where I'd go. Barnes & Noble took out their couch.

A library?

Damn I wish these posts had a LIKE button or upvote or something.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    I wish I were as skillful at tuning out noises as some of you guys in this thread. I'd like to get back into reading since I haven't done that since the Harry Potter series, but it's very rare that I can sit in a quiet room for hours at a time without anyone bothering me or watching TV/playing video games. I feel like I need to leave the house just to get some reading done, but I have no idea where I'd go. Barnes & Noble took out their couch.

A library?

Damn I wish these posts had a LIKE button or upvote or something.

Yes, the concept of reading at a library is so normcore that it is almost revolutionary!
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I have to make a cake for my daughter's Gender Reveal Party this weekend, and I know I am going to blow it, with cake trimmings and icing. I am not sure how to combat this.

they have parties for this? is this new baby gender, or transitioning from one gender to another?

if it's new baby gender, go with pastel pinks and blues

It is for a new baby, I am the only one besides the dr that knows it is a girl. I am doing a cake that will be pink on the inside, but non gender specific on the outside. We will cut the cake to let everyone know it is a girl.
  • selena_teresa
    Options
    I hate Taylor Swift's music.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I was out running errands with my kiddo, and the gym was my last stop. The poor little guy threw up all over himself in the car... And my first thought was "now I can't go work out!"... my second was "are you okay??"

Mom of the year award, right?
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

Congrats! I'm guessing you already know the gender? Just wanted to acknowledge your happy news because if I recall just recently you said you were having a hard time and there was a recent loss in your family. (I apologize if I have you confused with someone else.)

You are correct, we lost my son's baby boy - he lived two hours after birth. Two years before that the same son had a daughter that lived 23 days. My daughter is pregnant with her second child (the first is 3 1/2 and he is the joy of my life) She is having a girl this time. She, (or rather her husband) fortunately does not suffer from the same genetic disorder that affects my son and his wife. It is called Spinal Muscular Atrophy and only affects offspring if both parents carry the abnormal gene that causes it, and even then only affects 25% of births to parents who are both carriers, so it is pretty rare.
  • tincanonastring
    Options

they have parties for this? is this new baby gender, or transitioning from one gender to another?

if it's new baby gender, go with pastel pinks and blues

It is for a new baby, I am the only one besides the dr that knows it is a girl. I am doing a cake that will be pink on the inside, but non gender specific on the outside. We will cut the cake to let everyone know it is a girl.

That's what I figured you meant. I was confused though: what are you going to blow and what is the "this" that you need to combat? Do you think you're going to blow the secret before they cut the cake?

Also, PROTIP: have them cut the cake with a piece of waxed, unflavored dental floss so the inside doesn't stick to the knife and ruin the surprise.
  • selena_teresa
    Options
    I took down the Christmas tree!

qVpcfpg.gif?1