Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Blasted coworkers and their delicious food! Some of the guys in my office smoked a corned beef. They brought around samples with cabbage, potatoes and carrots for everyone to try. I am sucking at willpower today.

Oh, and PS, I'm not logging the corned beef.

Hate to be stereotypical, but if the MEN took it upon themselves to provide you with a yummy St. Patrick's Day meal, I'd say just sit back and enjoy it!

Thankfully, I have no co-workers so I don't have to deal with this, but before my husband retired they always had food and lunches and extras at his office and it was always the women who did the lion's share: both providing the food and cleaning up. It annoyed me and I didn't even work there!

I work at a meat processing equipment and supply distributor so the guys here are always trying new products in our test kitchen. Most of the time, they give us worker bees samples and today's samples just so happen to be corned beef and cabbage. I wasn't mad. I love free food, especially when it's meat related. :smiley:

• tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Blasted coworkers and their delicious food! Some of the guys in my office smoked a corned beef. They brought around samples with cabbage, potatoes and carrots for everyone to try. I am sucking at willpower today.

Oh, and PS, I'm not logging the corned beef.

Hate to be stereotypical, but if the MEN took it upon themselves to provide you with a yummy St. Patrick's Day meal, I'd say just sit back and enjoy it!

Thankfully, I have no co-workers so I don't have to deal with this, but before my husband retired they always had food and lunches and extras at his office and it was always the women who did the lion's share: both providing the food and cleaning up. It annoyed me and I didn't even work there!

I work at a meat processing equipment and supply distributor so the guys here are always trying new products in our test kitchen. Most of the time, they give us worker bees samples and today's samples just so happen to be corned beef and cabbage. I wasn't mad. I love free food, especially when it's meat related. :smiley:

family-guy-woodpecker.gif
  • kalmf
    kalmf Posts: 351 Member
    Options

{/quote}I am the same way. Opening the camera on my phone and it shows your face...apparently I am related to Jabba the Hutt
    [/quote]

Yes! That's why I'm hiding behind a dog that died five years ago.
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    *kitten* thing may as well have ended with a fadeout to show it all took place in a goddamn snowglobe. *kitten* HAB Theory.

Confession: I sometimes overreact to insignificant things.

^^ That may be my favorite thing I've ever read on this forum. Now I almost want to read it to see why you're so angry about it. I have wayyy too many good books I want to read to go for that though...maybe someday.

• kalmf
    kalmf Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Just to be clear she was alive at the time the photo was taken.
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Confession - Im reading an ARC for someone right now and it's taking me way longer than normal because the type of file they gave me wont open on my Kindle, so I have to read it on my computer. I am so easily distracted. I need to close this browser and get to work!

You can convert the file type using http://calibre-ebook.com/ to mobi so it is usable on your kindle.
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Lol. It's awesome. I've read a few books that really pissed me off too at the end (the Dark Tower anyone? 7 books for... that?). The worst was a Sci Fi book I read in school... don't remember the title but I was SO pissed off.

Oh and I made a reservation for my birthday... authentic Moroccan restaurant with a 8 course meal. Can't wait.

Yaassss. I almost didn't read the ending of DT because I heard it was such a letdown. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that series of books though. Haven't read the 'eighth' book yet. Now that I think about it...confession...I haven't read nearly as much as I used to in the past year. :(
  • breens91
    breens91 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This weekend I ate about half a box of Kashi Toasted Cinnamon Cereal! Ahhh!!! LOL
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    I've been binging today. I promised myself tomorrow will be a new start, but I hope it doesn't fall apart in the morning; I know this is what happens when I eat a lot for breakfast. Sigh.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    fitfatty88 wrote: »
    *kitten* thing may as well have ended with a fadeout to show it all took place in a goddamn snowglobe. *kitten* HAB Theory.

^^ That may be my favorite thing I've ever read on this forum. Now I almost want to read it to see why you're so angry about it. I have wayyy too many good books I want to read to go for that though...maybe someday.

I admit I checked out the book on Goodreads just now. It has a greater than 4 star rating, but I think I'll take the word of the great bearded one and add it to my "Do Not Read" list. LOL
  • tincanonastring
    Options

I admit I checked out the book on Goodreads just now. It has a greater than 4 star rating, but I think I'll take the word of the great bearded one and add it to my "Do Not Read" list. LOL

I couldn't believe that rating, so I just read some of the reviews. Many mentions of the unsatisfying ending, which is my main issue. Without the ending, I give it a solid 3.5/maybe a 4. It really was a very interesting story. And then it ended and I wanted to kick a puppy.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    I read through the titles posted in the forums, answer the question in my head and then move on without opening them because it's probably a waste of time. For Example "Am I eating too little?" - Probably. "Is this right" - Probably not. "Lets talk about Walden Farms" - Let's not.

I'm a jerk.

That Walden Farms one is going to get good, actually. I've got my eye on it.

Confession: I may have brought peeps into the discussion on that thread...
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    Confession - Im reading an ARC for someone right now and it's taking me way longer than normal because the type of file they gave me wont open on my Kindle, so I have to read it on my computer. I am so easily distracted. I need to close this browser and get to work!

You can convert the file type using http://calibre-ebook.com/ to mobi so it is usable on your kindle.

Thank you, I will try that!
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    I have to make a cake for my daughter's Gender Reveal Party this weekend, and I know I am going to blow it, with cake trimmings and icing. I am not sure how to combat this.

they have parties for this? is this new baby gender, or transitioning from one gender to another?

if it's new baby gender, go with pastel pinks and blues

• AgentOrangeJuice
    Options

Lol. It's awesome. I've read a few books that really pissed me off too at the end (the Dark Tower anyone? 7 books for... that?). The worst was a Sci Fi book I read in school... don't remember the title but I was SO pissed off.

Oh and I made a reservation for my birthday... authentic Moroccan restaurant with a 8 course meal. Can't wait.

Yaassss. I almost didn't read the ending of DT because I heard it was such a letdown. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that series of books though. Haven't read the 'eighth' book yet. Now that I think about it...confession...I haven't read nearly as much as I used to in the past year. :(

I stopped reading the DT series after the 10th chapter of him walking on a beach doing nothing.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

I admit that The Wind in the Keyhole is the first Stephen King book that bore me so much that I actually stopped reading it about 150 pages in. I guess I'll finish it... eventually.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

I couldn't believe that rating, so I just read some of the reviews. Many mentions of the unsatisfying ending, which is my main issue. Without the ending, I give it a solid 3.5/maybe a 4. It really was a very interesting story. And then it ended and I wanted to kick a puppy.
    I have a feeling you'd get along really well with Dara O'Briain
    https://youtu.be/TaQlQjLDsvI?t=1h8m54s
  • katedeck3
    Options
    I have a candy dish on my desk for everyone to share. I have only rarely indulged myself as I would rather watch my co-workers dig through the dish looking for their favorite piece(s).
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »

Thank you, I will try that!

I do this all the time, as I read both mobi and ebook and for some reason it depends on the book which I want to read it on, but I don't know until I start reading it.
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    I read through the titles posted in the forums, answer the question in my head and then move on without opening them because it's probably a waste of time. For Example "Am I eating too little?" - Probably. "Is this right" - Probably not. "Lets talk about Walden Farms" - Let's not.

I'm a jerk.

That Walden Farms one is going to get good, actually. I've got my eye on it.

Confession: I may have brought peeps into the discussion on that thread...

Confession: I feel a slight twinge of sinful pride every time I see one of you glorious *kitten* bring up peeps in a thread where they don't belong (note: they always belong).