Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    debrag12 wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    I have to make a cake for my daughter's Gender Reveal Party this weekend, and I know I am going to blow it, with cake trimmings and icing. I am not sure how to combat this.

they have parties for this? is this new baby gender, or transitioning from one gender to another?

if it's new baby gender, go with pastel pinks and blues

American's have parties for everything. Baby's gender, pregnancy, engagement, god knows how many different parties for the wedding etc

American's are mad ;)

Just sounds like more reasons to have cake. Which I am okay with ;)
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    debrag12 wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    I have to make a cake for my daughter's Gender Reveal Party this weekend, and I know I am going to blow it, with cake trimmings and icing. I am not sure how to combat this.

they have parties for this? is this new baby gender, or transitioning from one gender to another?

if it's new baby gender, go with pastel pinks and blues

American's have parties for everything. Baby's gender, pregnancy, engagement, god knows how many different parties for the wedding etc

American's are mad ;)

Don't forget the divorce is final parties.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I just opened facebook and saw several people I know passing this around. I confess, I honestly don't see the appeal of a bacon hot dog served on a Krispy Kreme bun:
    http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/03/17/634495/

... yuck.

But this I'd totally eat

Churro-Dog.jpg

• Michaelxo444
    Michaelxo444 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    The lowest weight I ever was like 109 when I was partying a lot as a teen I'm starting my weight loss journey tomorrow hoping to get down to like 125 or 122 wish me luck I'm going to the beach this year for the first time in YEARS so I wanna feel comfortable I'm extremely happy my weight is the last thing that needs to be fixed in my life I did all the other work to get inner peace so the weight is the last thing that needs to change
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I just opened facebook and saw several people I know passing this around. I confess, I honestly don't see the appeal of a bacon hot dog served on a Krispy Kreme bun:
    I'd like this a lot more if it were just the bacon and the doughnut.

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

... yuck.

But this I'd totally eat

Churro-Dog.jpg

The "bacon hot dog" looks like one of those mass-produced, Mexican-style churros.

I would eat a real Spanish churro with orange zest...mmmm.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options

I'd try it because what the hell, but I bet it would end up in the trash after the first bite.
  • noaddedsugarx
    noaddedsugarx Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Confession - I've never had a Krispy Kreme but the Reese's peanut butter ones are making me seriously consider it!
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Confession - I've never had a Krispy Kreme but the Reese's peanut butter ones are making me seriously consider it!

Krispy Kreme is overrated; my mom works for a local donut shop and theirs blow KK's out of the water.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    When I was 22, I weighed 75kg - and thought I was overweight, and was trying desperately to lose weight. 173cm.

Now I am 26, and weigh 107.

I kinda wish I could go back in time and give my younger self a whack upside the head.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    When I was 22, I weighed 75kg - and thought I was overweight, and was trying desperately to lose weight. 173cm.

I kinda wish I could go back in time and give my younger self a whack upside the head.
    Yes, I always say "I wish I was as 'fat' as I was when I first thought I was fat!"
  • xstephnz
    xstephnz Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    -I had a microwave brownie yesterday (2 tablespoons cocoa, 4 tablespoons sugar, 4 tablespoons flour (substituted 1 tablespoon for rolled oats), 4 tablespoons canola oil and 4 tablespoons water, with a sprinkle of salt

-I have been doubling the amount of aero chocolate drink powder in the drink, so I can drink the powder
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    misskarne wrote: »

Yes, I always say "I wish I was as 'fat' as I was when I first thought I was fat!"

I have a feeling my 22-year-old self was deluded by the size of my thighs, which have always been fairly big. But I found a photo of myself at that weight the other day and went "I thought I was fat?!"
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    Confession - Im reading an ARC for someone right now and it's taking me way longer than normal because the type of file they gave me wont open on my Kindle, so I have to read it on my computer. I am so easily distracted. I need to close this browser and get to work!

You can convert the file type using http://calibre-ebook.com/ to mobi so it is usable on your kindle.

Thank you, I will try that!

You're welcome and good luck!

I love my kindle so much, but it has a sort of bad side affect. I have so many new books to read that I do not really have time to read old favorites anymore.
  • holly55555
    holly55555 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I have no St Patty's Day plans so to do something special, I went to McDonalds and got a Shamrock Shake! :p The best part is that I went straight there... from the gym!
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Confession - Im reading an ARC for someone right now and it's taking me way longer than normal because the type of file they gave me wont open on my Kindle, so I have to read it on my computer. I am so easily distracted. I need to close this browser and get to work!

You can convert the file type using http://calibre-ebook.com/ to mobi so it is usable on your kindle.

Thank you, I will try that!

You're welcome and good luck!

I love my kindle so much, but it has a sort of bad side affect. I have so many new books to read that I do not really have time to read old favorites anymore.

I know what you mean. My TBR list is humongous, with no end in sight.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Confession: (no judgment after all, right? >.<) I miss my body when my BMI was in the 15's. Not the mindset, which was bizarre and terrifying, but it was the only time I was really comfortable with how it felt.

Weight-unrelated confession: I should be writing an essay right now but I'm eating soup and reading Terry Pratchett. (Confession #3: I teared up a few days ago when I read about his death.)
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Bulls_23 wrote: »
    I'm 24 years old and I found 10+ greys in the front of my hair this morning..

I started to go grey in college but now it's just a streak in my hair a little like Rogue. I embraced those grey hairs. The other parts of my body? Those grey hairs can go straight to hell!

Well Rogue is pretty awesome!

Agreed. I wish my greys only came in a streak. Ugh.

I finished my book yesterday... Still can't start another one. I always need some time between a book and another, to get some kind of closure I guess (which I can't... considering that there's still one book left and it's not coming out for 17 months and it makes me want to scream).

I am the same way. Especially if the book takes a drastic turn and I am left traumatized lol. One book hit me pretty hard and I tried to start another one a bit later that day and I had to put it down because I couldn't focus on it.

I currently have three series that I am now waiting for the next book to come out. :(

Confession: I have become violently angry at the conclusion of books in the past. It is common for me to finish a novel and immediately throw it across the room if I don't like the ending. I read the a book called "HAB Theory" about 10 years or ago and was so incensed at how the author chose to end it that I read the last sentence, shook my head in disbelief, walked outside, and torched it with lighter fluid.

That's hard core

You have no idea. I've had a love affair with the English language since I was three. I've got a degree in English Literature and wondered why we didn't read more in the classes I took. My book collection has spilled into 4 different rooms at my house and is making hostile overtures toward a 5th. In second grade, a bunch of people sponsored me for the March of Dimes readathon. Most of them pledged $1 or $2 a book, probably thinking I'd read about 10 or so. I needed two forms to submit the 135 book titles I read that month. Most people only sponsored me at $.10 to a quarter per book from then on.

I tell you all that to make this clear: I *kitten* love books. I view the written word as one of the great pinnacles of human civilization and credit mass publication with the great social improvements of the last 500 years. For me, to burn a book is an almost unthinkable act of heresy. But that *kitten* guy wrote what has to be one of the worst *kitten* endings in the history of bad *kitten* endings. *kitten* thing may as well have ended with a fadeout to show it all took place in a goddamn snowglobe. *kitten* HAB Theory.

Confession: I sometimes overreact to insignificant things.

I am currently reading "Atlas Shrugged". While I still have a long way to go, the book and characters in it, are pissing me off.

That, right there, is the one book that I would be tempted to set on fire.

I might give you a match.

I have to confess that I'm rather relieved you said that since a) you seem to know what you're talking about and b) Atlas Shrugged is currently sitting in my basement with a bookmark stuck about a quarter of the way through, and has been for about 15 years. I've never been able to bring myself to pick it up again. It was so dry and ponderous I doubt I absorbed even a tenth of what I read, my mind kept drifting away.

Ditto The Fountainhead.

I tried. I really tried.

Oh, and last night's supper was a pre-planned Limited Edition Junk Food pigout: a Wendy's Pacific Cod Sandwich and a McD's shamrock shake. I actually had pretty bad heartburn after all that. Is anybody surprised?
  • landfish
    landfish Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Your life is better for never having finished those books.
  • nuttyengineer
    nuttyengineer Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    1. I used to eat a pint of Ben and Jerry's ice cream every Sunday. I've managed to get it down to a single serving every Sunday (I have to buy it that way and I'm not allowed to keep ice cream in the apartment).

2. I am really lazy when I log, so if I, say, drink a cup of coffee, I will usually only log the creamer and not bother with the coffee.