Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kismet1428
    kismet1428 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I hate going over peoples heads, but sometimes I just have to. Here's the email chain I just endured.

Restaurant Manager : "AOJ, how do I go about ordering a cake from the Supermarket Bakery"
    AOJ: "What kind of cake do you want"
    Restaurant Manager: ....."<boring cake details>"
    AOJ to Restaurant Managers Boss: "Hey RM Boss, RM wants a cake from the supermarket, shouldn't this be something that our IN HOUSE bakers can handle?"
    RM Boss: "Yeah, I'll look into that."

If you have in house bakers, aren't you throwing away business to recommend a grocery store cake??????
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I can't help judging a bit when I see pictures of overweight kids. And feeling so sad for them... what a harsh start in life to be made such an easy target for bullying.

I understand but I wouldn't say "judge" the kid. I feel bad b/c it is so hard to lose the weight and learn on your own how to correct the behaviors you grew up learning. I definitely judge the parents though. How can they do that to their kid? (but then I see them in the grocery store buying sugary cereals, salty snacks, pre-packaged food, and not one fresh veg or fruit).

It's what I meant... Obviously I'm not judging the kid! I had a 'friend' with an obese daughter, and she blamed it on her meds... I mean, sure, she was on meds that make you gain weight, but the mom herself was overweight and pretty much fried all their food... and it didn't occur to her at all that she was partly to blame too.

On the same line of thought, I feel so bad for divorced parents whose ex feed the kids junk all the time.

I have a daughter, but she was adopted at age 10. She was overweight and came with TERRIBLE eating habits.....literally fast food almost every night. It took me YEARS to get her to start eating vegetables and the like. She is 19 now, her eating habits are so so, she will choose healthy things at times, but still goes for chicken fingers and fries whenever possible. She was slim when she left for uni this falls, but has since gained weight again due to cafeteria food daily at school, will have to see how she does this summer.

My son was a chubby kid at times too. It is weird when you look at photos of him, as the years go by, he goes between being very overweight at times, and super skinny to the point where his collarbone is sticking out other times. He has always had a huge appetite, and while I made homemade meals most nights, he just was so active and was hungry often. He also grew very fast, which is why I think his weight fluctuated so much when he was little. For example, between his third and fourth birthday he grew an entire foot in height, and his feet would grow so fast he would skip shoe sizes. Now he is 17, he is 6 foot 1 and wears a 15W shoe.....but his weight is right on target.....he is a very mindful eater.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I wasn't very hungry for lunch so I just had two servings of veggies... then I figured I'd need some protein so I had a Greek yogurt... then I figured I needed some fat so I had some pumpkin kringle from the freezer, a piece of chocolate, and a scoop of ice cream.

So, 500 calorie lunch because I wasn't hungry. Go me.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    Confession: when my shopping cart is filled with 'healthy' stuff I can't help but judge the carts and their food near me and think in my head how crappy their food is...But then I'm a total hypocrite and sometimes eat/binge said 'crap food' myself. :innocent: ha!

I'm keto. My "healthy" stuff is whole cream, bacon, sausage, beef, cheese, and pork rinds. I tend to buy pork rinds 3-4 bags at a time, because I throw them in the food processor and use them as a breadcrumb substitute. I love watching people check my cart out and their eyes bulging out, then trying cover in hopes I didn't notice. Even better on trips where I've already bought all the produce at another store or wasn't out of anything that needed replacing yet.
  • kismet1428
    kismet1428 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Confession 1: I tracked about half my food this weekend between laziness, annoyance with the app (vs online), and a "vacation mode" mindset. I'm up about 5 lbs, but it's now leading into TOM, and I cleary had way more salt than normal, so I've convinced myself it's all water weight. Which it very well might be, since I did a ton of walking, and actually worked out twice.

Confession 2: A coworker suffered a stroke over the weekend, and is not expected to survive (much less recover). She's in her late 40s, so it's quite a shock, and we're all pretty upset. Through all the resulting brain fog, I've had horrible thoughts about what they are going to do with her position, and if I would be interested in it. It makes me feel guilty, even though it's just scattered bits of information trying to establish some order, and not at all intended to be insensitive.

TBH - I just started tracking my weekend foods. I call them my cheat days but I started letting them get way out of hand - now I track weekends too.

As for confession 2, been there. We had a co-worker pass away unexpectedly and although we all mourned her loss, I started positioning myself to take over her job. It seemed very vulture-y but I did it anyway. It was a promotional opportunity.
  • groovigyrl
    groovigyrl Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My confession is that I smoke and have for over 20 years. I don't really like it anymore but don't want to stop either. I also judge other people that smoke and I don't like the smell. How messed up is that?
    I smoked for 35 years. I am now vaping and feel 110% better while still getting my nicotine. I celebrated my 1 year anniversary last month. Have you considered e-cigs? And for those who bash e-cigs, please refrain. I don't need to hear it. I'm healthier than I was when I smoked and it works for me.

• kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options

Confession: I have Siri set to call me, "Oh, Great Bearded One." When she responds, "What do you need me to do, Oh Great Bearded One?" I lol. Every time.

That's awesome! I don't talk to Siri much because she calls me voicemail.

Confession: I ate approximately 4 times what I should have Saturday and twice my calories yesterday. I also didn't do any logged exercise and barely got 5000 steps in. The scale says I gained 5.3 lbs since Friday morning. It was bad but I think my scale is a dirty rotten liar

• berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    Confession: when my shopping cart is filled with 'healthy' stuff I can't help but judge the carts and their food near me and think in my head how crappy their food is...But then I'm a total hypocrite and sometimes eat/binge said 'crap food' myself. :innocent: ha!

If we go grocery shopping together, my partner and I split our list and our kids and meet up at the register after shopping. We each buy things off list as we walk by them, and I always think it's so funny to look at each of our carts. My cart will have extra produce, more cheese than was written down, maybe some granola... his cart will have Oreos, pop tarts, chips. And I'm the one who is overweight here.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I started smoking around 17, quit smoking if I wasn't drinking when I was 25, and now finally quit all together 3 months ago (I'll be 29 in a week)- no alcohol no cigarettes! Feeling 100% better. I don't crave or miss the alcohol but I do get cravings for cigarettes still so I just concentrate on something else and don't give in! It frequently makes me sad to think about the damage I did to my body with smoking for so long but can't dwell on the past can only improve for the future! :)
  • InCHarmsWay
    InCHarmsWay Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I hate going over peoples heads, but sometimes I just have to. Here's the email chain I just endured.

Restaurant Manager : "AOJ, how do I go about ordering a cake from the Supermarket Bakery"
    AOJ: "What kind of cake do you want"
    Restaurant Manager: ....."<boring cake details>"
    AOJ to Restaurant Managers Boss: "Hey RM Boss, RM wants a cake from the supermarket, shouldn't this be something that our IN HOUSE bakers can handle?"
    RM Boss: "Yeah, I'll look into that."

OK, when I read the first email, I was wondering why a restaurant manager of all people would order a cake from a Supermarket Bakery. Yikes.

Depends of the Supermarket. Wegmans cakes are delicious. I actually ordered cake from a local bakery once and it wasn't even as good.

That's because Wegman's is the greatest place on earth. So sad I don't currently live near one.
  • ALJ0729
    ALJ0729 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    *deep breath*

- I am rarely in pictures. I delete them all if I can get my hands on it. I have this one from Disney because I sucked in and posed and even then I cropped my arm and legs out. I can't. My kids will have no pictures of me at all. I take the pictures of my family so I am behind the camera
    - I am missing my nephew's wedding partly because it is far away and would be hard to get to but also because I can't go dress shopping or be in pictures that I can't edit.
    - I think I look alright in the mirror and I like my hair, makeup, clothes...then my kids will take a picture when playing with my phone and I want to die of embarrassment.
    - I wish my husband wouldn't be interested in sex to help motivate me to loose (just kidding!) lose weight.
    - I don't have boobs or a nice butt to show off. I have considered a boob job. If only it was cheaper.
    - I work from home and I have read this entire thread while working (waiting for things to load) and y'all are hilarious. Ok not a confession but true.
    - I eat around 1300K a day I think and I record everything. I think my weight is more due to inactivity but I don't wanna work out during lunch 'cause Friends is on Netflix and the couch is like right there!
    - I stopped using MFP and going to the gym for several months, I am back now and I will make the changes to help the weight
    - I am pushing my husband to get a vasectomy because I am desperately hoping that the the birth control is the ONLY reason I am fat.
    - I want to have friends here to help be accountable.

I do the EXACT same thing with pictures. Every now and then, I'll keep one picture so the kids have at least one with me in but I HATE it. Trying to get to where I don't care but hopefully, I'll have a thinner face soon and it will no longer be an issue.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    ramothine wrote: »
    I told my fiancé that I was doing my pushups in the bedroom so the cat wouldn't bother me, but the real reason was that I didn't want him talking to me while I was doing them.

Oh, my husband is well aware that talking to me AT ALL while I'm working out is a no-no. Unless it is a dire emergency, of course. He had to learn the hard way, though. I mean seriously, you can talk to me any time - do you really need to interrupt me during a set?! I over react to this type of thing, though.
  • Desalinadokaz
    Desalinadokaz Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I had a binge last week and ate 4 chocolate cream eclairs in one sitting....
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    kismet1428 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    AlciaMode wrote: »
    ethim wrote: »

Definitely this. For various reasons I've always felt the odd one out and that friendships I have made have faded/been cut off. Not only does this mean it's more difficult to make friends - the more I put in the harder it will hurt when it ends - it also means I've grown pretty independent. I go on holiday alone, go to gigs alone, go to the cinema alone, go on excursions to art galleries/hiking/museums/new places alone. Sometimes I like it - I can do what I want... but I do feel ALONE.

I have a bunch of great, great friends (not trying to rub it in or anything) and I still like to go and do things on my own. Not having to consider "will everyone be able to eat something at this restaurant?" Or "if i invite my homies will i get stuck paying for their broke butts?" do great things for my psyche. Besides I really like being by myself. I am plotting on a one person vacation to Arizona, and am notorious for seeing movies by myself with a 40 stashed in my purse. I go to bars alone and read books while sipping martinis. More power to you for not depending on others to have some fun. Every person that is capable of being on their own will eventually make a great companion because you know who YOU are and what YOU want.

I totally agree. When I used to go to bars, I would go on my own sometimes, I mean, you always meet people there anyway. And one of my favorite things now is to go to the movies on my own. Sometimes I won't even tell anyone I plan to see something to avoid someone wanting to come lol. I travel all day on my own at least one of my two days off, just doing my own thing! I even will go for lunch at a nice restaurant on my own, read a book or whatever.....I love it!

Confession: Sometimes when I just can't stand being at work for one minute longer I'll tell them I'm "sick" and I'll leave to go to a movie. There are no lines and usually only one or two other people in the theatre.

I feel a little guilty but then I stuff my face with popcorn and I feel better.

OMG!!!! I totally have totally done the same thing. I will also claim I have an appointment - and I guess I do - at the movies. But I have to go to the one way across town so no one will see me. Other times, I actually schedule leave so that I can go do a mini marathon of movies.... Haven't done that in a while, need to do it again soon!

I didn't sleep well last night and am feeling pretty cranky. Monday's are usually a busy day for me, and on top of the normal stuff I also have to cover some of a coworker's stuff while she's on holiday. I have no problem helping out, except she just told me about it on Wednesday, and I was only shown once how to do this task. So now I have to hope my quick notes are good enough to help me muddle through. And it involves not-so-small sums of money so it stresses me out and then makes me grouchy that I was put in this position in the first place.

I may have to make an "appointment" for this week ;)

ETA: This is more whining than an actual confession.
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    This weekend was super binge-y. By dinner time on Friday I only had 323 calories left for the day, but one of my friends came over I haven't seen since her wedding LAST June. Ended up grilling steaks, zucchini, baked sweet potato fries, and we polished off a bottle of wine. Then went out for frozen yogurt...in a chocolate dipped waffle cone.
    Saturday I worked out and ran errands all day, but ended up eating a Mac & Cheese stuffed burger and had like 2 shots and 4 cocktails for a dual birthday party for my girlfriends.
    Sunday I won tickets to the Cavs game which came with VIP seating, so it was unlimited food and drinks...prime rib and mashed potatoes, hot dogs, popcorn, a sundae bar and free beer...plus I skipped my run.
    Now I'm traveling starting Tuesday for work and the guys I'm going with just want to drink all night....this past weekend was the first time I have really drank in months...fingers crossed the hotel has a gym.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    "Hey RM Boss, RM wants a cake from the supermarket, shouldn't this be something that our IN HOUSE bakers can handle?"

In my next life, I want to work at a place that has "in house bakers".

Just thinking how to combine that objective with my other fantasy vocation, which is to work with puppies ALL DAY. And, no, puppy-shaped baked goods won't cut it... only real fuzzy, licky, squirmy puppies will do.
  • mellb34
    mellb34 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I also weigh everything because I can't guess weights, no idea what a cup is, getting food scales was the best thing ever especially seeing what a serving of doritos is meant to look like (not much :( ). And I'm another in the few friends group, I had one 'best' friend from school and just recently dropped her as a friend as I found out she was making things up about me to my brother then lying to me about him and just stirring really, not worth it! I have my boyfriend I live with and a friend in work I have coffee with every day and go out for drinks with once a month or so and I'm fine with it!
  • mellb34
    mellb34 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I don't want to sound judgey but everyone in my office seems to be on a diet all the time, when asked about my 'diet' and 'which one are you doing?' I got funny looks when I said 'just eating less'. One of them asked last week how many calories she should be eating, I said it depends and another one said 'well when I'm really good I only eat 800 calories a day' like that was really disciplined, and another went 'no she does, she's really good'. I said I don't think you should do that but was made out to sound like I thought I knew everything because I've lost a bit of weight since January, but to be fair I've lost 11 pounds my way and she's dieting all the time, so!
  • cmcdonald525
    cmcdonald525 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm crawling back to my fitness pal with a new account, too ashamed to use my old one. I lost 30lbs, gained a food obsession, and within 5 months gained it all back. I was focusing so much on the foods I shouldn't eat, it became all I wanted. It didn't matter if I was hungry or not, it was going in my mouth. I've regained my motivation with new tricks up my sleeve, but everyone on my friends list has pretty much reached their goal weight and I'm ashamed of how much I sabotaged myself.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Confession of the day, I have lived with my boyfriends mum and sister for nearly seven years now. Currently sitting in our bedroom (where we live, eat and sleep) all I can hear is his mum huffing and puffing and complaining. About what, I don't know, but it makes me want to burn this house down so I don't have to live here anymore. And before someone says 'you don't have to live there' currently where I live and work we will need at least £30,000.00 just for a deposit on a house. That doesn't include furnishing or paying fees. Does this make me want to bury my face in a chocolate cake? Yes. Yes it does. But instead I go swimming or walking, purely to get away from it all.
    Apologies, that was more of a rant than a confession, and due to my previous post (no friends) this is the only way I can feel better without getting a can of petrol and a lighter. Thank you!

Oh my. That would be tough. It is also very difficult to get out on your own sometimes, given the circumstances. Any way you could rent somewhere else instead of buy? Either way, good for you for finding coping mechanisms that don't involve food. This is a skill you'll find useful no matter where you live.