Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    This happened to be the first time I did kettle bell swings.. used too much weight and did too many reps and could barely move the next day!
    There's a pile of weights in my son's room, including some 10lb kettle bells. They give me the side eye whenever I'm in there, and I know I should be doing something with them. Do you have a suggestion for a workout I could use them for?

Google Kettle Bell Exercises, I usually just do the swings, they are good cardio and if done properly are almost a total body workout. 10 lb will probably be a good weight to start with, I started that day with 25lbs and did 30 reps and it was, shall we say, a big mistake.
    Will do. Thanks! I'll start light!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    OK, yesterday I tried a Jillian Michaels work out video for the first time, and today I have been struggling to walk. My thighs are absolutely killing me and I can't even imagine doing another video today like I wanted to. It's hard enough walking down stairs and trying to sit down. Hopefully this means it's working???
    I can't make myself work out in front of a video. I just feel so self-conscious and ridiculous. How can I get over that?

I feel silly the first couple times I do a new dvd, especially if someone else is around. If it's just me, I don't care, because nobody's around to judge me.

I say try it at least 3 times. By then you'll have an idea of what's coming next and can focus on your form instead of how silly you think you look.

(But sometimes you might not get over it lol. I just can't get into home zumba workouts.)
    Maybe I'll try again. It doesn't help that my house is ALL windows, so I feel like I'm on display!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    threnjen wrote: »
    Does anyone else play/have a child that plays Minecraft? My son loves it, but I can't get the appeal.

Yes and he talks to me about it constantly. Sometimes I wish I could just tell him to shut up.
    I play it with him sometimes and it is fine but I kind of don't get the obsession. He likes to play on the creative mode where nothing even happens.

He also is obsessed with Legos. I love the comment that Minecraft is Legos for the mind. So true.

Kid's not even 6, I hope he grows up to be a nerd like his parents :)
    Ok, not judging, but it does annoy me just a teeensy bit when Lego is referred to in the plural. We don't say 'sheeps' or 'sushis'. It's Lego. There. I said it.

• threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Ok, not judging, but it does annoy me just a teeensy bit when Lego is referred to in the plural. We don't say 'sheeps' or 'sushis'. It's Lego. There. I said it.

Old habits die hard, man! That is not one I'm going to be able to fix

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    My nephew loves Minecraft . He digs holes, drops chickens in them then fills them with lava. He's going to grow up to be either a chef or a serial killer, I believe.

My confession is that I have been utter crap lately, and the harder I try to get back on track, the worse I rebound. I drink WAY WAY too much, and seem to deliberately make the worst food choices possible. I need a damn good slapping, and I'm embarrased about it. I feel like my entire recent newsfeed is me whining about how badly I've screwed up again. I must sound like a broken record. I'm scared that I'm getting back on the track to regaining everything I've lost.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Talkradio wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    The need to be right on the internet is annoying. I see this a lot here and other boards I've posted on. I'm like yeah ok, rock on with your bad self. :wink:

I don't get the need to argue either. I've posted my opinion (on a FB group). The other person posted theirs and I just said we'd agree to disagree and it was done. Someone else came along looking for a fight and completely derailed the post.
    What's the point in arguing with some complete stranger online? My opinion isn't going to change because of them and I doubt I'll change theirs so let's just be adults and move on.

I unfollowed my brother-in-law on Facebook because he spends 90% of his time arguing with random people on Facebook, and the threads kept popping up on my timeline. He made me so mad once that I deactivated n my Facebook for a while, just to get away from it. We get along in person, but I can't stand him online.

My fb is blowing up today because of that pizza place down in Indiana that's refusing to cater gay weddings. It's an hour or so from here, but their local news is our local news, too.

April Fools Joke? (I hope)
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    My nephew loves Minecraft . He digs holes, drops chickens in them then fills them with lava. He's going to grow up to be either a chef or a serial killer, I believe.

My confession is that I have been utter crap lately, and the harder I try to get back on track, the worse I rebound. I drink WAY WAY too much, and seem to deliberately make the worst food choices possible. I need a damn good slapping, and I'm embarrased about it. I feel like my entire recent newsfeed is me whining about how badly I've screwed up again. I must sound like a broken record. I'm scared that I'm getting back on the track to regaining everything I've lost.
    8jla3gnrx651.jpg

For the last part, sorry to hear you're feeling down. I HAVE been back to square one, and I can tell you, it's no fun losing 20+ pounds just to get to where you were a year ago. Pick one thing to work on tomorrow and see how that goes (sounds like cutting back on the booze wouldn't be a bad place to start..?)
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Talkradio wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    The need to be right on the internet is annoying. I see this a lot here and other boards I've posted on. I'm like yeah ok, rock on with your bad self. :wink:

I don't get the need to argue either. I've posted my opinion (on a FB group). The other person posted theirs and I just said we'd agree to disagree and it was done. Someone else came along looking for a fight and completely derailed the post.
    What's the point in arguing with some complete stranger online? My opinion isn't going to change because of them and I doubt I'll change theirs so let's just be adults and move on.

I unfollowed my brother-in-law on Facebook because he spends 90% of his time arguing with random people on Facebook, and the threads kept popping up on my timeline. He made me so mad once that I deactivated n my Facebook for a while, just to get away from it. We get along in person, but I can't stand him online.

My fb is blowing up today because of that pizza place down in Indiana that's refusing to cater gay weddings. It's an hour or so from here, but their local news is our local news, too.

April Fools Joke? (I hope)

Nope, new law that makes it legal, even if it will kill their business in the process.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

8jla3gnrx651.jpg

For the last part, sorry to hear you're feeling down. I HAVE been back to square one, and I can tell you, it's no fun losing 20+ pounds just to get to where you were a year ago. Pick one thing to work on tomorrow and see how that goes (sounds like cutting back on the booze wouldn't be a bad place to start..?)

Yup, that's certainly the biggie. If I cut back on the booze, I automatically eat better and exercise more. I need to give myself a good *kitten* kicking.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    My "shaker cup" is a Talenti gelato container.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I really want to have a collection of empty Talenti cups. :p
  • DressedInDreams
    DressedInDreams Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    For those of you who get snack inspiration from this thread, this is my new favorite. It kinda tastes like a dark chocolate reese's cup but way better.
    pbco-dcd-2012-web-lrg.jpg
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Definitely happier now that I quit, trying to get my family to quit as well!

Save yourself the anguish, and just lead by example! Once they see how happy & healthy you are they'll go "hmmm" and start to connect the dots themselves.

If they truly have a problem, if you "try to get them to quit," they'll just drink more to spite you. Sad but true.

I agree. One part of my motivation is trying to be an example. My sister has 2 young(er) kids and she and her boyfriend drink a lot. I worry about the impression that is leaving on them and when I visit or they visit I end up drinking a lot more than usual. So they see their aunt who has a doctorate, getting a Ph.D., runs marathons, is an Ironman, rides and owns horses, is successful in business and supports herself, etc. (all good examples) is drunk 1/2 the time they see me. Which impression am I leaving? I think I know the answer to that. Realizing I want to be better for them is very motivating. Hopefully next time I see them I will have kicked this totally. It's hard not to drink with the family they all drink and you sort of just get caught up in it. I know how much my family's drinking affected me as a kid. I'd like to set a better example.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    For those of you who get snack inspiration from this thread, this is my new favorite. It kinda tastes like a dark chocolate reese's cup but way better.
    pbco-dcd-2012-web-lrg.jpg

Mine too. I also like the honey flavored one.
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I am sooo sad right now. I logged a Tbsp. of creamy peanut butter (I haven't had any in three months), which put me 3 calories over my goal (I can live with that). I changed my baby, tucked her in, helped my 7yo with her homework and then remembered the PB. I am doing intermittent fasting, and it was an hour past my end time, so I couldn't eat it. I removed it from my diary,and now I am under, but I am really sad about it.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I'm getting back into running after an injury and have been doing jog/walk intervals - the jog part never stops until a car passes me, though. Can't be seen to be whimping out and walking, nosirree :D

Hey, now, walking is NOT a wimpy workout! I'm a speed / incline walker. I can't jog or run due to an ankle and neck issue. Just giving you a bad time! Whatever keeps you out there and active, go for it!
    ythannah wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    In the past, I've eaten an entire jar of White Chocolate Wonderful peanut butter. It's my drug of choice. Literally.

My store was out (said some was supposed to be on the delivery truck scheduled to arrive the next day), I couldn't wait, so I drove to 3 other stores in town with no luck, then drove 45 minutes to the next store that carried it!

I've never heard of this stuff before now and certainly haven't seen it in any stores... but of course now I'm going to be on the hunt for it, probably my next trip to the US.

I see BZAH10 has put up a new shoulder/arm avatar to taunt inspire and motivate me. Lol. I'm glad she posts so often in this thread so I get to see my Dream Shoulder regularly. :)

Hahaha! Thanks for noticing! I only posted a new picture because I was really white and pale in my other picture. Been outside recently and have a bit of color, so I thought I'd update it.

I've been toying with the idea of posting my own shoulder pic just for laughs (which will be totally meaningless to anyone outside of this thread) but it would definitely out-pale your old one as we're on our fifth month of winter here... snowing outside as I type.

I get confused when people change their avatar lol. Someone had your llama pic in a Facebook group I'm in, and I was like "you can't use that picture! That's @ythannah! ".

In other news, we're supposed to get a bit of snow tomorrow too.

Lol! That's what I get for putting up a pic poached from the net.

And if I'm not mistaken, somebody recently changed her avatar from a masked purple-haired girl to a very pretty brunette...

Thanks... The picture is actually a year and a half old, but I haven't changed much lol

It is a great picture of you!

And snow? Where do you live? I live in South Carolina and it is 76 here today.

Northern -ish Alberta. It's supposed to be +16 today (about 60F), then we might get a couple centimetres of snow tomorrow. The weather changes quickly here lol

Where in AB... I am in Edmonton

• DressedInDreams
    DressedInDreams Posts: 96 Member
    Options

Mine too. I also like the honey flavored one.

Sounds yummy, I might have to look for it.
    o:)
  • Tubbs216
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I am sooo sad right now. I logged a Tbsp. of creamy peanut butter (I haven't had any in three months), which put me 3 calories over my goal (I can live with that). I changed my baby, tucked her in, helped my 7yo with her homework and then remembered the PB. I am doing intermittent fasting, and it was an hour past my end time, so I couldn't eat it. I removed it from my diary,and now I am under, but I am really sad about it.
    Can't you just shift your start time to an hour later tomorrow?
  • uptownplum
    uptownplum Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    This thread is cheaper than therapy.

Sometimes, a little voice in the back of my head tells me not to bother losing weight because I have a very large wardrobe, thanks to a retail job in college. I shudder to think how much it'll cost to replace it all if I drop 5 or 6 sizes. (I try to remind myself that being fat costs more, but dammit, it's hard.)
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I can't tell you how many times I've purchased a box of at home hair color and ended up throwing it away. I get all brave in the store (I'm gonna go red!) and then chicken out at home. \

ETA: there's a box of some Garnier crap in my bathroom right now, taunting me with my inability to apply a temporary hair dye.

I once stained my hair with hair dye, rather than actually dye my hair. Let me explain...

I had dyed my hair fire engine red with black sections, and the red had faded, so I decided it was time for a change. I bleached it in order to get the old dye out, then planned to dye it close to my natural medium ash blonde so I could let it grow out for a bit. Blonde hair dye is generally purple when it's been mixed up.

Because my hair was so porous from the red dye, then the bleaching...it turned lavender. So, I had light lavendar hair for a few months while conditioning the hell out of it so I could try again.

Thankfully, this was during college while I worked at the campus Sbarro location, so they didn't care what I looked like, as long as I showed up. I routinely had funky colored hair and super impressive eye makeup (zebra stripes, leopard spots, color fades for sporting events, etc). I actually developed a freshman following on the eye shadow for a semester, who would come in every week on the same night and buy a bunch of food.

Standing out: Good for business. (You hear that, corporations?)

I used to model for hair shows when I was in university. The stylists would cut and color your hair to show various colors or cuts and it didn't cost a thing! I did four over the course of two years and my hair was just done after that. I've ben au natural since... my fave was either the orange and yellow 6atz7nvhvumr.jpg

Or the pink purple and yellow (which the pic won't post)