Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Fozzyspotts
    Fozzyspotts Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

Did that taste as disgusting as it sounds?

I do that regularly, or mix it with a bit of milk to make a chocolate paste. Just enough to give me a chocolate hit so I can try to move past the addiction of coco and sugar. :(
  • denielle715
    denielle715 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    Confession:

I think I may have shin splints. But it's killing me to think I need to take a rest from C25K. Once I set my mind on something, I dont want to stop. I don't want to feel like a failure.
    But at the same time, I don't want to cause further damage or pain.
    What to do?!

Definitely take a break! I guarantee you will hurt yourself worse if you keep going (I know this from experience).

Take a couple days off and do something high stretching, low impact. You aren't a failure!

I'm going to take a break. It just kills me that I just started it (tomorrow would be day 3 of week 1) and now I have to take a break.
    Thanks

I understand. I epically bombed out of c25k a few years ago because I kept progressing when I wasn't ready and blew out my bad knee. Better to go slowly and finish it eventually then damaging yourself.

I got shin splints because my shoes weren't right for me. Maybe going to a reputable running store an assessment will help alleviate the problem.

Perhaps. I was using Nike running shoes. But who knows, those may not be the right ones for my feet.

I'll continue some low impact walking for now to try and keep my endurance up.

Also, I'm doing the 21DFX right now, which is a lot of jumping. So I'll probably have to modify some of that.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Confession: I have a 3 day weekend starting tomorrow and up until this thread existed I did not get online at all on my days off. Now I sign on here at least once a day to keep up! I'm already factoring in my online time over the next few days so that I can keep up but still be on as minimally as possible.

I don't have the MFP app and I'm thinking I should probably keep it that way.

I'm scared to leave it unread for too long. Really glad I was in here at the beginning and have kept up with it, I'd hate to read almost 300 pgs at this point.

I will be posting a pale twiggy arm pic at some point this weekend, you wouldn't want to miss that epic event, would you? :p

Yes, that's part of it for me, too! I was lucky enough to catch this thread at the first post and I've been here ever since.

Oh, I will be anxiously awaiting the epic arm pic! Thanks for letting me know!
  • BZAH10
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Confession: I have a 3 day weekend starting tomorrow and up until this thread existed I did not get online at all on my days off. Now I sign on here at least once a day to keep up! I'm already factoring in my online time over the next few days so that I can keep up but still be on as minimally as possible.

I don't have the MFP app and I'm thinking I should probably keep it that way.

I'm scared to leave it unread for too long. Really glad I was in here at the beginning and have kept up with it, I'd hate to read almost 300 pgs at this point.

I will be posting a pale twiggy arm pic at some point this weekend, you wouldn't want to miss that epic event, would you? :p

It makes me giggle when people start at the beginning and reply to posts that happened ages ago. At what point do they realize "oh fudge, there's thousands of these"? I'm happy for all the late comers who joined in :) it's fun to see the conversation morph.

Same here. This thread is entertaining and addicting.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Confession:

I think I may have shin splints. But it's killing me to think I need to take a rest from C25K. Once I set my mind on something, I dont want to stop. I don't want to feel like a failure.
    What to do?!

Definitely take a break! I guarantee you will hurt yourself worse if you keep going (I know this from experience).

Take a couple days off and do something high stretching, low impact. You aren't a failure!

I'm going to take a break. It just kills me that I just started it (tomorrow would be day 3 of week 1) and now I have to take a break.
    Thanks

Yes it's frustrating. I was just getting serious into running when I messed up my foot... horrible foot cramps during a run, and I can't run more than half a mile before it starts again. Thankfully I can walk, so now I just walk on the treadmill with an incline instead.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Gah it double posted again.

Anyway, my confession - I can't wait for Easter and my birthday next week to be over so I stop having excuses to get off my cut. Still hoping I can keep a deficit both weeks though.

I also really want some kind of cake or cupcake for my birthday, even though we're going to that 8 course Moroccan restaurant for dinner. I'm actually considering getting a cupcake sometime that week instead to try and spread out the calories.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Confession:

What to do?!

Thanks

Yes it's frustrating. I was just getting serious into running when I messed up my foot... horrible foot cramps during a run, and I can't run more than half a mile before it starts again. Thankfully I can walk, so now I just walk on the treadmill with an incline instead.

Yes. I have a bad hip flexor/hip joint and can't do any type of running (thank God that it doesn't bother me on my bike). I was shooting hoops yesterday and screwed it up again. I don't think it's something that will get better on its own, but if I don't workout, I let myself eat like crap. Can't afford a doctor's visit plus no insurance. Ugh.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I really would like to get back into running. I've been having a good time walking in the park but I just get jealous when I see someone run past me.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I'm not much of a runner; I wish I was! I do run better on my treadmill than I do outdoors though.
  • JulieAnneFIU
    JulieAnneFIU Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm in a boot cast thingy for four weeks and have started doing Lesie Sansone videos in a chair. I was shocked at how good a workout it was. Also, my mom is in town and knows I can't eat gluten but she keeps putting gluten foods I'm front of me. My house smells like freshly baked babka and it's killing me.
  • BZAH10
    Options
    Confession: I took two whole days off from working out. I usually get an hour or two of exercise a day, so I am feeling really guilty about this...but I've been sick and really needed to try to get better.

The surprise is that I got on the scale today and LOST weight. I'm at my lowest weight this year and am close to hitting the 90-pound total weight-loss mark. :)

That's great! I believe that we do need rest days because that's how our body responds to all the activity we put it through, but I have a hard time remembering to do that.
  • BZAH10
    Options
    I'm in a boot cast thingy for four weeks and have started doing Lesie Sansone videos in a chair. I was shocked at how good a workout it was. Also, my mom is in town and knows I can't eat gluten but she keeps putting gluten foods I'm front of me. My house smells like freshly baked babka and it's killing me.

Well, that's not nice at all! Moms. Sometimes I wonder what they are thinking. I can't change my mom (way too many issues to outline here) but I figure all I can do is not repeat the cycle. I know I annoy my kids regularly (and the are all grown and out on their own) but I would never purposely purchase something for them that they couldn't eat.

Not at all saying your mom is a bad person! I hope you enjoy her visit and that you recover quickly!
  • PatinMich
    PatinMich Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I have days like today, where no matter what I eat, I can't feel satisfied. I'm being totally honest in what I log this time around....when I overeat, I face that darned red - calorie count. I will admit, I have thought about logging it for the next day if it's been after midnight....
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I've been in a fracture boot for a while too. It was okay in February but the Texas heat is killing me right now.

• CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    mziegler01 wrote: »
    My facebook is blowing up from that Indiana thing too...I mean, I live -in- Indiana, but nowhere near that city, so it's like...don't give them more publicity guys. -_-

South Bend news said they shut their doors already. Not sure how they didn't see that coming?

Tonight's confession: my dinner is a sandwich made on pancakes. I'm trying to figure out how to make it more often, except it takes a huge chunk of my calories for the day.

I NEED MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS STAT

cream cheese pancakes, to be exact. Ratio is 2 oz cream cheese, 2 large eggs, and if you want them sweet, 1 packet stevia, dash of vanilla, pinch of cinnamon (or whatever flavor/spices you want). You can also go savory and just add a pinch of salt. Throw in a blender or food processor and hit it til the chunks are all gone, let the mix sit for 5 minutes so the bubbles rise, then make like regular pancakes, med heat, flip when the first side has a few bubbles.

There was a post on reddit using them to make monte cristos in place of french toast. I'm sure you could use regular pancakes, too. A lot of people use them to make ketofied McGriddles, too.

I've made pancakes like this. Great for anyone who is doing gluten free (my son has to). They were delicious. I'll never go back to flour pancakes again.
    Also good with banana in place of cream cheese.

I've made the banana ones and I dig 'em. I think I might need to give these a try this weekend.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Confession:

What to do?!

Thanks

I understand. I epically bombed out of c25k a few years ago because I kept progressing when I wasn't ready and blew out my bad knee. Better to go slowly and finish it eventually then damaging yourself.

I got shin splints because my shoes weren't right for me. Maybe going to a reputable running store an assessment will help alleviate the problem.

I gave myself chronic tendonitis in my knee from over training for a half marathon. I'm now lucky if I can run a mile without my knee bugging me a bit. I wear a brace and keep my time/speed/distance low now.

Confession: Despite all the training for races...I just don't like running.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Confession:

What to do?!

Thanks

I gave myself chronic tendonitis in my knee from over training for a half marathon. I'm now lucky if I can run a mile without my knee bugging me a bit. I wear a brace and keep my time/speed/distance low now.

I don't like running either and I am doing a 10K on the 12th... I am planning to speed walk the entire thing.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    Not really a confession but a question. When you all go to the beach do you tend to make judgements based on the appearance of those around you? I don't, I'm so wrapped up in my head about my own insecurities and anxiety about looking bad on the beach... but I am so terrified of judgements and some people have told me ''Stop worrying, no one cares what you look like on the beach!'' I can't seem to get out of this mindset though!

Well, I did make a judgment last year when I went to the beach in April (didn't fully get into a bathing suit or get in the water... it was too cold, anyway). There was a family of very big people. I didn't initially notice them until I overheard the teenage girl saying ''Yay, look at how burned I am! I'm going to get so tan!'' I then noticed that all of them were BEET RED. Do they not realize how dangerous that is? Put on some sunscreen!
  • BZAH10
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    Confession:

What to do?!

Thanks

I don't like running either and I am doing a 10K on the 12th... I am planning to speed walk the entire thing.

How long will it take you to speed walk a 10K? Just curious to see what times other people can do it in. I've said this many times on these boards, but I do not run. At all. I speed walk, I do high-incline intervals and I do the elliptical for cardio and I have no trouble staying in shape. Running is great if you like it, but if not, no need to force yourself.

Besides, I have a neck and an ankle issue so running and jogging in the past have always resulted in pain. No thanks!
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options

I have family members that do this with foods I'm allergic to, you know because tuna fish from a can doesn't really count as fish.