Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Confession: I hate when someone on "my side" in an argument is irrational and/or uninformed, and from that point on, no point anyone makes matters, because everyone acts like their points are the only ones anyone makes.

Yep.

On the family/politics thing, it's funny because I have lots of friends and co-workers who have very different politics than me, and yet who think I am reasonable and who I enjoy talking/debating with, and yet I cannot talk to my father about politics at all. (We kind of officially stopped talking about politics in the summer of '08, but he keeps trying to get back into it. My sister complains about crazy conversations she has with him, and I always say "why would you even talk about that with him.") My dad is smart and we talk about plenty of other things, but I think it bothers him that my sister and I have different political views than he does, so he gets more personally offended by us -- especially me -- disagreeing, which makes conversations go downhill. Although I'm sure it's my fault too.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    Confession: I am seriously socially awkward. When people go in for a hug I freeze because I don't know how to react, also I really don't want to hug people. This behavior carries over onto the internet. I have noticed the people who commented upon my previous comments with sympathy, but I don't know how to express my thanks for that in a direct response (I'm afraid this is the best you're going to get). I just hope that you know I do appreciate it. Also, I may be drunk and that is why I can post this in the first place. :*

I suck at being sympathetic too. I want to be able to express it, but I haven't figured that out yet. The funny thing is I am actually very emotional. (I don't mean mood swings, I mean I feel things very deeply ).

I am not a hugger. Don't need them, don't give them. (the exception would be if I were in a serious relationship with someone). They don't make me feel better when I'm upset, if anything it makes me more uncomfortable. My friends' families are all big huggers and honestly it kind of weirds me out when they all hug to say goodbye. I don't think it's bad it's just very very different from my family.

I'm like a cat. I will accept affection on my terms only :smiley:
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Pipara wrote: »
    I've been trying for weeks to cut back on sugar (mostly chocolate) and the cravings are a lot more controllable now. That said, i've already pre-logged my white chocolate pistachio Easter egg :heart_eyes: for Easter Sunday, a half split over 2 days so I don't go over sugar goal. But who am I kidding? I know i'll probably devour the entire thing in one day.
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Fassopony wrote: »
    For the past few years I seem to have been developing allergies. This year, a spring cold plus allergies knocked me on my butt. I finally caved and got some daytime allergy medicine, daytime 24 hour Allegra. Not only am I less sneezy congested itchy but I also noticed a very interesting side effect. I have a normal appetite. It has literally killed my wanting to eat 24/7 as much as possible, never feel full no matter what cravings. I could care less about sugar! I feel normal :) I get hungry like normal, can eat a normal meal and be completely satisfied, no wanting to binge out or overeat or anything! I have had to purposefully leave room for "desert" (I like a Qwest bar some days) otherwise I am too full!

THIS IS AMAZING. No more lethargic over eating to make me sleepy all day! I have lost 5 pounds.

I think I like taking Allegra LOL!!

Maybe I should switch from Zyrtec to Allegra.

Switch to butterbur. Organic plant extract taken thrice dialy works as well as any allergy medicine and has no extra crap
  • noobletmcnugget
    noobletmcnugget Posts: 518 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    1) Everything religious annoys me no end.

2) It drives me crazy when people stress out, worry, or get angry about the most trivial things.

3) I feel inadequate in nearly every aspect of my life.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Too intense? My brother recently posted on Facebook I could take the fun out of a circus act in something I posted I thought was funny. (Yes I am not talking to him now). So maybe I should just follow whomever takes the lead on establishing the group. ;-)

Meh, his vote doesn't count obviously. I mean, the guy thought there was fun in a circus act to begin with.

Good point!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    Not a confession, but rather a pat myself on the back: I finally surpassed the 60 lbs lost mark, after over a month of bouncing back and forth between 56 and 59. (side note: MFP does not say 60, I started a week before joining here last July and input the weight I was at when I joined)

Congratulations! That is awesome!
  • Lizeth85017
    Options
    Cool idea! I have the waist trainer and OMG it hurts.. and it's a 3XL :)

• overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Confession: I am seriously socially awkward. When people go in for a hug I freeze because I don't know how to react, also I really don't want to hug people. This behavior carries over onto the internet. I have noticed the people who commented upon my previous comments with sympathy, but I don't know how to express my thanks for that in a direct response (I'm afraid this is the best you're going to get). I just hope that you know I do appreciate it. Also, I may be drunk and that is why I can post this in the first place. :*

I suck at being sympathetic too. I want to be able to express it, but I haven't figured that out yet. The funny thing is I am actually very emotional. (I don't mean mood swings, I mean I feel things very deeply ).

I am not a hugger. Don't need them, don't give them. (the exception would be if I were in a serious relationship with someone). They don't make me feel better when I'm upset, if anything it makes me more uncomfortable. My friends' families are all big huggers and honestly it kind of weirds me out when they all hug to say goodbye. I don't think it's bad it's just very very different from my family.

Yup. Me, too. When someone cries around me, I want so badly to give them some comfort, but I panic. I'm just like, "Uh...it's...um, okay. Don't cry. Or...uh, cry...I guess. Whatever you want, uh, okay? Here's a tissue?" *awkward pat on the back* Then I feel awful because I've basically been no help whatsoever.

And if I can, I actively avoid people who hug. :/
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »

So much of what you said is the same for me. I also think that describing it like a cat is probably the best way ever. I will probably steal and use it in the future, unless you object strenuously. I love cats even though mine is currently trying to sit in front of my monitor.

• Oberon21
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I am really getting excited about this trip to Mordor now. I was thinking we have to set some parameters.... does running count or just walking? Does someone win if they get there first like the king of the mountain badge in Strava? Or stage jerseys like the Tour de France? Or whomever has the fastest average time? Do we track using an app like runtastic?

Too intense? My brother recently posted on Facebook I could take the fun out of a circus act in something I posted I thought was funny. (Yes I am not talking to him now). So maybe I should just follow whomever takes the lead on establishing the group. ;-)

*edited for screwing up the quoting on my phone.

Suggestion for tracking. It's not an app that syncs to anything, but you can screencap it and post your screenshot showing what you've done. I think for 2 reasons - a lot of people already have a tracker they use, and switching or adding a 2nd integrating one could screw up what they already do, and also, it auto-donates to charity for your miles in real time: http://www.charitymiles.org/

Downloaded!
  • Galligak
    Galligak Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Here's my confession (mind you I'm in college). My roommate is rather small, but she eats like crap all the time (I mean 2 pop tarts, an oatmeal cream pie, a day and either take-out or fried food for dinner). She's constantly complaining how she's gaining weight, she's added at least 15-20 pounds since August, but she refuses to workout or change her eating. I on the other hand am 190, eat healthy, whole foods, track my calories, and go to the gym. Yet she belittles me because she's the thinner of us two and says rude things about how I come back all sweaty (although she's usually asleep when I get back since I go so early in the morning to the gym). So I call my mom to let out my stress about it... Yes, I'm a college student who calls her mom to complain about my school yard bully of a roommate.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I want to punch people who 'can't possibly eat more than 1200 calories because they are so full' in the face.
  • denielle715
    denielle715 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm in a boot cast thingy for four weeks and have started doing Lesie Sansone videos in a chair. I was shocked at how good a workout it was. Also, my mom is in town and knows I can't eat gluten but she keeps putting gluten foods I'm front of me. My house smells like freshly baked babka and it's killing me.
    I've been in a fracture boot for a while too. It was okay in February but the Texas heat is killing me right now.

Whereabouts in texas? It's quite warm, but I'm enjoying the texas heat.
  • denielle715
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I want to punch people who 'can't possibly eat more than 1200 calories because they are so full' in the face.

I was like that when I first started again... And I literally was full. I attribute it to my body adjusting to everything.
    Now, especially since I'm working out, I've upped to 1500ish a day... And if I'm still hungry, I'll eat.

I'm finally using the cues of my body to guide me... And it's working :)
  • denielle715
    Options
    Another confession:
    (This is cheaper and more rewarding than therapy. Not my confession)

I have went through 2 tubs of vanilla greek yogurt and 2 jars of white chocolate peanut butter this week! :o
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I pretty much eat what I want on at least one day a week and still lose weight.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Confession: I miss @tincanonastring and the humor he brings to the boards via peeps. I know I'm not alone in this!
  • Sore2dayStrong2morrow
    Options
    Sometimes when I jump around (jumping jacks, etc.) my thighs make a clapping noise. I tell my boyfriend that it's the shoelaces hitting my shoe LOL. I don't think he believes me anyway.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Confession: I miss @tincanonastring and the humor he brings to the boards via peeps. I know I'm not alone in this!

I agree. Also, I'm quoting this because he's tagged in it and it will spam the crap out of him. Suitable penance for abandoning everyone the week before National Peep Day.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I confess that I confessed in another confession thread in another forum, but my confession was more of an observation than a confession, but there was no Observe Here threads to be found.