Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ear1011
    ear1011 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Kelll12123 wrote: »
    I ate over half a carton of ice cream in one sitting last week

Ice cream is to good... I eat 2-3 servings every night and then sometimes I eat some chocolate. I put cool whip on it too most of the time. :neutral:

I weighed myself today and felt horrible! I know all that ice cream (I always buy low fat or fat free) and fro-yo is bad for me but food is so soothing for me at the end of the day. I stress myself out to much.

Wow that felt good to get that off my chest! I really want to change this habit. I have been trying for so long but I fall into old ways!! Gah!!! I am confident if I cut back on dessert at night I would lose weight.
  • ear1011
    ear1011 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    If I'm over by just a few calories at the end of the day, I'll add in more of my exercise to keep the number green.

I'm also done updating my weight on MFP, because it keeps dropping my calories and I'm too lazy to set it manually.

I quick add calories to avoid diary entries like "Pringles, one tube."

I do the same things at times!
  • fellowtraveler87
    fellowtraveler87 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Confession:

These people who are into outlandish conspiracy theories really baffle me. I don't know how some of this stuff can even be believed and I question the judgment of those who do. My personal theory is that they would rather believe things are beyond their control and it gives them a sort of excuse to not live up to their full potential because "the powers that be" are secretly keeping them down - when in reality it is their mindset that is holding them back.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    Deannjay wrote: »
    When I first started working out, I couldn't get through a normal workout video so I did senior citizen workouts until I built up my endurance. I know...embarrassing.

Not at all! It would have been embarrassing to give up and never build up any endurance. Good job for knowing you could do it and sticking with it!
  • uptownplum
    uptownplum Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    IAmTheGlue wrote: »
    uptownplum wrote: »
    This thread is cheaper than therapy.

Sometimes, a little voice in the back of my head tells me not to bother losing weight because I have a very large wardrobe, thanks to a retail job in college. I shudder to think how much it'll cost to replace it all if I drop 5 or 6 sizes. (I try to remind myself that being fat costs more, but dammit, it's hard.)

Me too! Seriously, I have beautiful clothing that I truly love and I'm 27ish pounds down. My old clothes is starting to fall off of me. I know in my heart that I'm supposed to donate it or get rid of it but... I love it! It feels so dumb to admit that but it is true.

I'm still committed but I'll be sad to see some of my lovely clothing go.

I have had my favorite stuff tailored. If it's good quality it's worth it.

My mother is actually a seamstress, but because of this I know it isn't worth it for certain items ... for example, a suit jacket will have the front pockets and seams in the wrong place if you're going from a size 18 to a 12 or 14. But, I do have her fix some things, like shortening the shoulders on a shirt to get some more life out of it.

I'm working on getting out of debt at the same time I'm trying to lose weight (I know, overkill much?) and I'm trying to remind myself that the world won't end if I make an exception to buying an all-new wardrobe when I reach my target size and weight. I'm saving a few bucks here and there along the way, but with so many money goals, it won't be a large enough lump sum to go on the shopping spree I'm imagining. It's simultaneously motivating and demotivating lol.
  • uptownplum
    Options
    Confession: All (Yep, ALL. Or at least 95%) of the fat that I get in my diary on a daily basis comes from cheese, meat, peanut butter, cream, hotdogs, eggs, and wholewheat bread. None of it comes from olive oil, avocado, nuts, fatty fish, or any of those other "good fats". I'm going to die of heart disease someday, aren't I. ;)

aren't we all.
  • schelly81
    schelly81 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Confession: I was expecting my weight to be up today because this past weekend was Easter, and my birthday. I had two dinners out, one night of drinking, and one day of chocolate eggs and turkey dinner with all the fixings planned. Well, my entire family got the stomach flu so I missed all of that. I'm down a few pounds and I logged it as a loss. I only log my low weights so even though my weight will swing up when I can eat again, I'm still going to pretend I earned it.
  • aprilh203
    aprilh203 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

That sounds delicious!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    When I first started working out, I couldn't get through a normal workout video so I did senior citizen workouts until I built up my endurance. I know...embarrassing.

I couldn't even get through the warm up of the first exercise video I tried, lol!
  • aprilh203
    aprilh203 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have a scale that automatically posts my weight to MFP. If I get on and haven't lost any weight, I jump off before it registers the final logged weight and transmits -.-
  • rinteusp
    rinteusp Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »

I poured a cup of coffee & said "He looks like he should be sitting in an ice cream truck and staking out an elementary school" and walked out.

And now I think I love you. As a recently relocated, former Texan, we need to stop putting Texas governors in the White House. Seriously, just don't.
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options

I find what you did awesome. You didn't quit and you kept up with it, which is admirable.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

This reminds me of when a friend of mine in high school found that her mother had bought the Jane Fonda pregnancy workout (yes, the '80s) and freaked out for a while that her mother was pregnant until she finally mentioned it to her mother who explained that she just assumed it would be an easier one to start with.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    mziegler01 wrote: »
    I also confess that if you are friends with @tincanonastring and have not checked out his Easter diary then you have done yourself a disservice. It is most excellent.

That is hilarious!

I can't help but wonder if this newcomer to this thread @qn4bx9pzg8aifd is @tincanonastring punking us all.. He said he was a writer, and these posts from qn4bx9pzg8aifd are some pretty amazing writings.
  • uptownplum
    Options
    Not really a confession but a question. When you all go to the beach do you tend to make judgements based on the appearance of those around you? I don't, I'm so wrapped up in my head about my own insecurities and anxiety about looking bad on the beach... but I am so terrified of judgements and some people have told me ''Stop worrying, no one cares what you look like on the beach!'' I can't seem to get out of this mindset though!

Well, I did make a judgment last year when I went to the beach in April (didn't fully get into a bathing suit or get in the water... it was too cold, anyway). There was a family of very big people. I didn't initially notice them until I overheard the teenage girl saying ''Yay, look at how burned I am! I'm going to get so tan!'' I then noticed that all of them were BEET RED. Do they not realize how dangerous that is? Put on some sunscreen!

I take notice of people's sizes, but not to judge .... more like admiration. I wish I could not give a damn in a swimsuit, but I won't even wear a one-piece suit to the beach.

I do judge the living hell out of people who are beet red by the end of the day.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    mziegler01 wrote: »
    I also confess that if you are friends with @tincanonastring and have not checked out his Easter diary then you have done yourself a disservice. It is most excellent.

That is hilarious!

I can't help but wonder if this newcomer to this thread @qn4bx9pzg8aifd is @tincanonastring punking us all.. He said he was a writer, and these posts from qn4bx9pzg8aifd are some pretty amazing writings.

I am impressed as well. Never thought of it being tincan. Interesting theory.
  • cranor130
    cranor130 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Deannjay:

Using senior videos to begin working out is brilliant!

I have injured both of my knees, and have it found anything that does not increase pain!
  • purebredpolly
    purebredpolly Posts: 318 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Though I'm not really a big drinker. I've been trying to add a glass of wine everyday for heart health. I can't seem to do it daily, and I find myself craving mixed drinks! *thud*
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    uptownplum wrote: »
    Not really a confession but a question. When you all go to the beach do you tend to make judgements based on the appearance of those around you? I don't, I'm so wrapped up in my head about my own insecurities and anxiety about looking bad on the beach... but I am so terrified of judgements and some people have told me ''Stop worrying, no one cares what you look like on the beach!'' I can't seem to get out of this mindset though!

Well, I did make a judgment last year when I went to the beach in April (didn't fully get into a bathing suit or get in the water... it was too cold, anyway). There was a family of very big people. I didn't initially notice them until I overheard the teenage girl saying ''Yay, look at how burned I am! I'm going to get so tan!'' I then noticed that all of them were BEET RED. Do they not realize how dangerous that is? Put on some sunscreen!

I take notice of people's sizes, but not to judge .... more like admiration. I wish I could not give a damn in a swimsuit, but I won't even wear a one-piece suit to the beach.

I do judge the living hell out of people who are beet red by the end of the day.

I feel that so much. I love swimming. Seriously, seriously love it, but I haven't been swimming on the couple of occasions where I've had the opportunity because I would have to dress in something other than extremely over sized clothing. I know that the over sized clothing does not actually make anyone think I am skinny, but I become extremely uncomfortable if I feel any of my clothing is tight at all.

• ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Today's confession - I went to Fast & Furious 7 today, and I totally cried at the end. Fast & Furious 7, seriously. But I follow Vin Diesel of FB, and he was broken up when Paul Walker died, and the way they dealt with it (no spoilers) was so tasteful, it just hit me right in the feels.

Before this the most embarrassing movie to make me cry was Cool Runnings.

We went on opening day and I was the last person to leave the theater because I was worried I looked like an ugly crier. My husband has cried three times in his adult life (none of which were the births of any of our kids) and he cried at the end. Very emotional!