How to make regular cheerios taste good?

Options

Replies

• icemaiden37
    icemaiden37 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm buying the movie rights!
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options
    If I eat red meat for 5 days straight, will it correct this? How much of it would I have to eat?

You're acting like eating red meat is such a chore...like apparently everything else that might be good for your anemia.

And no. It won't "correct it", as anemia is not a one-cure condition. You'll have to continue eating red meat regularly. Have a tissue.

It's not a chore. I just have a fear of food poisoning and I get scared of red meat. I worded that wrong though. I meant like would I start feeling better?

All right, so:
    - fear of chewables because they taste bad
    - fear of liquid iron because it might temporarily stain your teeth
    - fear of meat because of the low chance of food poisoning

HOw are you not afraid of chronic dry mouth or mouth blisters from all that Cheerio-chewing you'll be forced to do?

I have and do deal with anxiety. I get panic attacks. I once had a like, hour long panic attack because I got lost, couldn't find the nursing home I was supposed to be volunteering at, and my phone was dead. I was hyperventilating, crying, freaking out, and no one bothered to help me until I finally found someone and asked to borrow their phone.

I've also been suicidal and have had issues with depression since I was a kid.

I've gone to therapy and taken medication. THe latter helped more than the former. I'm no longer using either, I still experience problems with them but they have been manageable.

Do I ENJOY therapy? No. Did I go? Yes. Did it help? Eventually, yes. Particularly the last time when it enabled me to start taking medication.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    In 5 min the Cat gifs need to start. This thread desperately needs them.

will you settle for a dog catching a cheerio?

funny-gif-dog-catch-Cheerio.gif
  • pepperpat64
    pepperpat64 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Now she's afraid of food poisoning?

How do you feel about chem trails?

They only get released over the FEMA internment camps, so unless OP lives in one, she's safe.

For now.

• skullshank
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I would if you make it work. ^^^^ Sigh

dammit....it disappeared.

BRB

edit: better?

dog_vs_cheerios-83217.gif
  • ana3067
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    OP, people have been trying to give you good advice, but you don't want to hear it if it doesn't mean you can eat cereal for all your iron needs. Honestly, if your anemia is that bad, you should prioritize your health over your aversion to pills/supplements. A little discomfort from taking a pill seems like a small price to pay for improved health and well-being. If 13 pages of responses hasn't proven it already, there's not some magic remedy to your problem, and you're either going to have to eat a *kitten* load of Cheerios or suck it up and do something out of your comfort zone to correct the deficiency.

Although that seems logical and I should prioritize my health, anxiety is illogical and doesn't work that way. If I were to be able to get the Flintstones down, I would freak out. I would pace the room and flail my hands and be trying desperately to get the taste out of my mouth. I'd probably freak out for 30 minutes to an hour and hopefully not stress so much that I'd throw it up. That's why I haven't taken the supplement.

This Can't Be Real

It is. People who don't have anxiety don't understand it.

I don't think anxiety is what you have. You completely believe every loony thing you've ever heard about homeopathy and thyroid problems and black teeth (oh and periods and food poisoning), and completely ignore every thoughtful, well-reasoned *factual* suggestion. That's just plain old deliberate, stubborn ignorance.

Or, Level 20+ trolling.

Or hypochondriasis. Which I experienced growing up.
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    This thread got really good after I drove home... lol
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Why not eat more of the dad-gum turkey meatballs if they worked so well and you won't try anything else?

Or, you know ... just drizzle honey on the cheerios and call it a day.

Fine example of making a mountain out of a molehill.
  • glevinso
    Options
    OK so... now the obvious solution of rather tasty flintstones chewables causes gagging? WTF. OK. Have we gotten from the OP why simple pills you don't chew, but just swallow with some water won't work?
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    OP, people have been trying to give you good advice, but you don't want to hear it if it doesn't mean you can eat cereal for all your iron needs. Honestly, if your anemia is that bad, you should prioritize your health over your aversion to pills/supplements. A little discomfort from taking a pill seems like a small price to pay for improved health and well-being. If 13 pages of responses hasn't proven it already, there's not some magic remedy to your problem, and you're either going to have to eat a *kitten* load of Cheerios or suck it up and do something out of your comfort zone to correct the deficiency.

Although that seems logical and I should prioritize my health, anxiety is illogical and doesn't work that way. If I were to be able to get the Flintstones down, I would freak out. I would pace the room and flail my hands and be trying desperately to get the taste out of my mouth. I'd probably freak out for 30 minutes to an hour and hopefully not stress so much that I'd throw it up. That's why I haven't taken the supplement.

This Can't Be Real

It is. People who don't have anxiety don't understand it.

I don't think anxiety is what you have. You completely believe every loony thing you've ever heard about homeopathy and thyroid problems and black teeth (oh and periods and food poisoning), and completely ignore every thoughtful, well-reasoned *factual* suggestion. That's just plain old deliberate, stubborn ignorance.

Or, Level 20+ trolling.

Or hypochondriasis. Which I experienced growing up.

The only thing that hasn't collapsed under the weight of its total disconnect with reality is the actual issue of iron deficiency. It's so tempting to diagnose strangers over the internet, but since I have only my shrink parents as training I shall try to refrain...argh...
  • skullshank
    Options
    gaga-cheerios.gif
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    065a7825236619cb75f400bb2dde26376da1d2da894b9810c50986a9e0be50db.jpg
  • glevinso
    Options
    skullshank wrote: »
    gaga-cheerios.gif

Fail... these are Honey Nut... she needs "regular"...
  • skullshank
    Options
    glevinso wrote: »
    skullshank wrote: »
    gaga-cheerios.gif

Fail... these are Honey Nut... she needs "regular"...

Preach_Gurl_2.gif
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
  • ana3067
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Why did she switch from Total to Cheerios? She also is somehow now 2 years older.

Troooolololol.
This discussion has been closed.