How to make regular cheerios taste good?

Options

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    glevinso wrote: »
    OK so... now the obvious solution of rather tasty flintstones chewables causes gagging? WTF. OK. Have we gotten from the OP why simple pills you don't chew, but just swallow with some water won't work?

Posted December 13th "Does Total cereal taste good?"

Posted January 6th "Can Flintstones chewables correct iron deficiency?"

Posted February 8th "Question for those of you familiar with Flintstones chewables?"

Posted March 12th "Does eating meat regularly correct iron deficiency?"

Please refer to her monthly threads for that answer.
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Just because I cant stand not answering a question if I have a suggestion (I swore I wouldnt jump in this mess)...

Yes, you can put sugar on cheerios. The correct method is to spray butter on them (using the 0 cal fake spray butter stuff), then roll them in sugar. Sticks perfectly, use a spoon.
  • Silverstar721
    Silverstar721 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Aren't the some people on this thread talking about a lot of sugar and honey being added as snacks? I thought there was some kind of limit to snacking with sugar and carbs that the snacks must be healthy ones?
  • laura3977
    laura3977 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    People are saying something is seriously wrong because you refuse to take the obvious and reasonable steps to correct the problem, and instead latch on to weird measures like trying to eat more cereal.

What would those steps be BESIDES taking an iron supplement? I've read about so many people who can't tolerate iron supplements so they don't take them. Do you think they just suffer from anemia? No, I'm sure they find a way through food.

Ok, I've read all this (boring day at work!) ... ANYWAY, so if I get it right OP - you don't want to take a liquid iron supplement and it seems you do not want to take an adult size non-liquid iron supplement, instead you are supposed to take kid Flinstone supplements, are you taking them? THEN you say you are a picky eater and the only food you like on the list is Cheerios but they're low in iron and so you want them to taste better and are wondering how to make them taste like Honey Nut Cheerios.

The steps mama is referring to are to TAKE THE SUPPLEMENTS OR GET OVER BEING A PICKY EATER!!! It's not a matter of not tolerating them because they are too harsh or whatever, you are not tolerating them because you don't like the taste and I'm assuming the pickiness with food is due to taste and texture or something else that makes it so you don't want to eat certain foods ... If people are questioning your age it may not be because they actually think you are a toddler or 13 years old but the simple fact that you can't even wash your hands without feeling dizzy (there is ZERO exertion in washing hands by the way) and STILL you don't seem to be willing to take the steps to remedy that ... Again, those steps are A. Take a supplement (NOT meant for a child) OR B. Eat foods other than Cheerios

Also, what exactly do you eat that you reach 1,700-2,000 calories per day AND are a picky eater?!?!?!?

TOO MUCH!!! JUST TOO MUCH!!! I'm leaving now ...
  • pepperpat64
    pepperpat64 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    OMG this other thread by OP is great: "Can you make Chex Mix using Chex cereals?" http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10125131/can-you-make-chex-mix-using-chex-cereals/p2

Epic trolling! Well done, OP.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    OMG this other thread by OP is great: "Can you make Chex Mix using Chex cereals?" http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10125131/can-you-make-chex-mix-using-chex-cereals/p2

Epic trolling! Well done, OP.

Ahhh...and epic quote from that epic thread:
    "It's just like how Rice Krispies cereal is used to make Rice Krispies treats and the cereal has a lot of iron but the treats do not. I don't get it. "
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options
    aylajane wrote: »
    Just because I cant stand not answering a question if I have a suggestion (I swore I wouldnt jump in this mess)...

Yes, you can put sugar on cheerios. The correct method is to spray butter on them (using the 0 cal fake spray butter stuff), then roll them in sugar. Sticks perfectly, use a spoon.

That sounds yum.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options

Worries that eating Total will make her go blind.

child1_650_021915020434.gif

• skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    Aren't the some people on this thread talking about a lot of sugar and honey being added as snacks? I thought there was some kind of limit to snacking with sugar and carbs that the snacks must be healthy ones?

Wat8.jpg?1315930535
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    OK so... now the obvious solution of rather tasty flintstones chewables causes gagging? WTF. OK. Have we gotten from the OP why simple pills you don't chew, but just swallow with some water won't work?

Posted December 13th "Does Total cereal taste good?"

Posted January 6th "Can Flintstones chewables correct iron deficiency?"

Posted February 8th "Question for those of you familiar with Flintstones chewables?"

Posted March 12th "Does eating meat regularly correct iron deficiency?"

Please refer to her monthly threads for that answer.

OMG. Well never mind then. OP needs to have her head examined first before solving any other issues
  • glevinso
    Options

castle_reaction_zpsefgknpa7.gif
  • ana3067
    Options

castle_reaction_zpsefgknpa7.gif

it's why I wear glasses, I'm sure.
  • glevinso
    Options
    Uhh - I think there are...other...reasons people go...blind... ;)

(LASIK is awesome...screw blindness!)
  • ana3067
    Options
    Uhh - I think there are...other...reasons people go...blind... ;)

(LASIK is awesome...screw blindness!)

gifjayneillbeinmybunk.gif
  • ana3067
    Options
    skullshank wrote: »
    gaga-cheerios.gif
    MrM27 wrote: »
    If I eat red meat for 5 days straight, will it correct this? How much of it would I have to eat?

You're acting like eating red meat is such a chore...like apparently everything else that might be good for your anemia.

And no. It won't "correct it", as anemia is not a one-cure condition. You'll have to continue eating red meat regularly. Have a tissue.

It's not a chore. I just have a fear of food poisoning and I get scared of red meat. I worded that wrong though. I meant like would I start feeling better?

So now you are afraid of red meat? But you have been asking about red meat. Oh brother.
    MrM27 wrote: »
    OP, people have been trying to give you good advice, but you don't want to hear it if it doesn't mean you can eat cereal for all your iron needs. Honestly, if your anemia is that bad, you should prioritize your health over your aversion to pills/supplements. A little discomfort from taking a pill seems like a small price to pay for improved health and well-being. If 13 pages of responses hasn't proven it already, there's not some magic remedy to your problem, and you're either going to have to eat a *kitten* load of Cheerios or suck it up and do something out of your comfort zone to correct the deficiency.

Although that seems logical and I should prioritize my health, anxiety is illogical and doesn't work that way. If I were to be able to get the Flintstones down, I would freak out. I would pace the room and flail my hands and be trying desperately to get the taste out of my mouth. I'd probably freak out for 30 minutes to an hour and hopefully not stress so much that I'd throw it up. That's why I haven't taken the supplement.

This Can't Be Real

It is. People who don't have anxiety don't understand it.

Actually I have suffered from Anxiety. And I dealt with it. Like you should do and not make excuses.

I asked you a question, did you try and Google for iron rich foods?

I already have an appointment scheduled with a therapist who was recommended to me by my doctor. It's 2 months away. I've visited a couple therapists in the past who weren't any help. One of them said my anxiety was so bad, therapy wouldn't work for me. I can't go through this for 2 more months. My iron is too low and needs to get up now.

And yes I have googled iron rich foods. It doesn't tell me much. I need a diet of what to eat every day to achieve 200-250% and/or correct this anemia.

I've been to four separate therapists. None took 2 months to get into.

If your iron needs to get up now then take a supplement. And go back to your doctor and ask to be put on anti-anxiety medication.
  • glevinso
    Options
    As we have been telling you all along - supplements are pretty much the only way at this point. You have gotten yourself so deep in the hole you won't be able to crawl out on "cheerios" alone.
  • ana3067
    Options
    Troll+cat_2350ad_3267916.gif
This discussion has been closed.