The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,236 Member
    Options
    I can relate to the meal planning. Thank heavens for my wife. She keeps most of my meals on track when I'm home. This time of year is really tough though. Darn Girl Scouts. :smile: They come around with those exaggerated large eyes, "Please mister, we are only 20 boxes short of the next level of prizes. Can't you please order at least 10 boxes of thin mints?" I cave and get 10 boxes. :smile:
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    @fatjon73:

"I come to work to make money to live life....not to make friends.....if you making my life difficult at work with your attitude, laziness stupidness or any reason I can come up with that day....then I will tell you about it.......not offensively.....but I will say it to your face......so you know where I stand...."

I love this - I say this every damn night I'm at work - I don't come to work to make friends! And people know don't come to me for warm fuzzies, come to me when you need something done now (or done right).

I'm back after another vacay week. I'm trying to use my vacay hours, in case I quit or leave or move or whatever. It's been really nice not being at work, being at home with what's left of my family (hubs is working contract out of state).
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Got 6 miles in before work tonight and managed to cook 2 dinners, feeling pretty accomplished lol. My legs were screaming from zumba yesterday, looking forward to some Piyo and a lot of sleep tomorrow! Our slide stainer had a miraculous recovery today and is working fine so far, things are looking up
  • MadDogManor
    Options
    Slide stainer? SP-1000? That's what we use (MT x 10 yrs here)
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Slide stainer? SP-1000? That's what we use (MT x 10 yrs here)

That would be it, someone who speaks my language! :) It went down on 2nd shift Fri and we don't have weekend service. For some reason it just started working again at some point today. I'm hoping it lasts, manually making smears for the morning run Saturday made me rather cranky
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Nice storm rolling over us. Thunder, rain and lightening. BEAUTIFUL!
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Nice storm rolling over us. Thunder, rain and lightening. BEAUTIFUL!

As a kid I used to sit at the front door watching storms. Now, if I'm awake at least I sit on the rear porch. Always loved storms.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    My fiance and I work different shifts and only see each other maybe a half an hour total daily (never wanted to pay for daycare) and only get one day off together as well. We've been together over 16 years and are both only children so it works for us. Our child is baffled why we want to talk to each other instead of both paying full attention to her when we are together. We try to explain that we miss each other and that is a good thing that we want to talk to each other. She just wants to be star of the show...opposite schedules bitin' us in the butt now...she's been so used to just mom or just dad...can't stand it when we pay attention to each other instead of her. :#
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    My fiance and I work different shifts and only see each other maybe a half an hour total daily (never wanted to pay for daycare) and only get one day off together as well. We've been together over 16 years and are both only children so it works for us. Our child is baffled why we want to talk to each other instead of both paying full attention to her when we are together. We try to explain that we miss each other and that is a good thing that we want to talk to each other. She just wants to be star of the show...opposite schedules bitin' us in the butt now...she's been so used to just mom or just dad...can't stand it when we pay attention to each other instead of her. :#

I did that with my now ex-husband for a bit. It didn't work out as well for us....We didn't have any kids, though and the divorce was pretty amicable.

Glad things workout well for you and your hubby! The little one will learn eventually. Took me forever to learn to accept my mother going in to work at all because she was with my sister and I ALL the time until I was 12 years old.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Not hubby. We've been engaged since 2009, haven't gotten around to making it official yet!

I wish our kid had a sibling. Too late now. She is also just "that" kind of kid. She is such a performer, every where we go people pay attention to her, know her. She is so sociable and personable we are the exact opposite! Always the center of attention...that one...
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Not hubby. We've been engaged since 2009, haven't gotten around to making it official yet!

I wish our kid had a sibling. Too late now. She is also just "that" kind of kid. She is such a performer, every where we go people pay attention to her, know her. She is so sociable and personable we are the exact opposite! Always the center of attention...that one...

Yeah, my sisters have told me that once you start a family, other things like raising children, finishing school and getting/staying healthy become more important and making a marriage 'official' hits the back burner for a bit. Actually living your life with that person becomes more important than 'planning it'.

I was the center of attention...until my younger sister was born. :grumble:
  • MadDogManor
    Options
    @WildcatMom82:

Haha - how did I know it was the SP-1000? Bc the same damn thing happens to us all the time. Glad it "fixed itself" haha.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Four hours to go and I am going to bed. After this weekend, I may hit the malt shop on my way home. It has not been a good weekend for the pets.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Our poor pitador has allergies that flare his skin up and we've been keeping him grain free for awhile attempting to remedy the situation. We were at the bank drive through and the teller asked if I wanted a biscuit for my dog. I had to say "No, but thank-you, he's doin' a gluten-free thing right now." I sounded like a pretentious douche...or like the DOG is choosing his diet. Just some pet humor, instead of pet tragedy...
  • fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Me and my Other half worked opposite shift for the last 7 yrs.....and its been great.........for me.......we used to see each other for 20 mins ina morning...then an hour at night.....and that's it during the week....so weekends we spent together....catching up etc.......

3 Months ago my missus started working nights too.......so now were home together ALL the time.........its doing my nut in........lol.....no time to myself anymore....I used to love a Monday....I would get up at 6 am when she left to work......and have all day to myself to potter........I used to get loads of work done............its good to be apart sometimes........lol......bit of personal space.....although she loves the new shift pattern and has turned into a full nightshifter now.......
  • belimawr
    Options
    pmd5iiayv2rm.jpg

The view out of my front door (home) this morning.
  • fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Live any where near a nuclear testing site by any chance???
  • belimawr
    Options
    Fuuny.

Yeah for some reason the colors on the attached image look odd... but in person looked real nice.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Our poor pitador has allergies that flare his skin up and we've been keeping him grain free for awhile attempting to remedy the situation. We were at the bank drive through and the teller asked if I wanted a biscuit for my dog. I had to say "No, but thank-you, he's doin' a gluten-free thing right now." I sounded like a pretentious douche...or like the DOG is choosing his diet. Just some pet humor, instead of pet tragedy...

@Frankie_Felinius - That's funny! :smile: Thanks for the good start to my night. :smile:

• sufferlandrian
    Options
    belimawr wrote: »
    pmd5iiayv2rm.jpg

The view out of my front door (home) this morning.

Wow! Very nice. Love the photo.