Might as well starve!

Options

Replies

• gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    If you look at my diary I have 482 calories left, 47 carbs, 8 fat, 45 protein, 1,877 sodium, -14 sugar.
  • gabrielleelliott90
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Sorry for the swearing. Just needed to get it off my chest. People won't understand unless they still live with a family who eat unhealthily.

Move out. Then you don't live with them anymore and can make your own choices.

I'm still recovering from agoraphobia. I have made many achievements, but unfortunately this is not an option currently.
  • carliekitty
    carliekitty Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    You are (presumably) an adult, right?

Handle it.

Buy your own ****ing food and forget about your **** Parental Unit's **** Pantry/Larder/Freezer/Refrigerator.

It's what Responsible Folk do, mmm-kay?

Qft
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Sounds like baby needs to stop sucking off of mommy's teat.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    I feel sorry for your mom.
  • gabrielleelliott90
    Options
    The reason I am on a health kick is because, I cannot eat unhealthy things AND get the body I want. Hence why I am eating healthier and then doing HIIT workouts.
  • GeorgeL583
    GeorgeL583 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Get some f###### exercise and eat what you want.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    My mother just cooked me up a plate of fried *kitten* chips and *kitten* chicken nuggets. I said nope, not eating that because it's not healthy. I'm on a health kick. I don't want to be eating that. Yet I go to cook my own tea/dinner, and oh look the only *kitten* healthy stuff is frozen vegetables or *kitten* fruit. Yeah because that's going to fill me up. I so want to eat both of those things with the rest of my calories don't I. I may as well *kitten* just starve. It's hot here, I am so *kitten* hungry, it's tough to eat healthy in an environment like this! It's either starve, go over the macro with sugar which i already have done by eating more fruit, or just have some vegetables which are hardly any calories. The rest is just straky bacon, pizza, processed foods. No wonder I'm the *kitten* thinnest. I don't gorge on the crap.

1. When your mother cooks for you, try not to be such an ungrateful little snot about it.
    2. Healthy is relative.
    3. If you want "healthy" food in the house - why not buy YOUR OWN? Or get your own place?
    4. I've lost 75 pounds eating bacon, pizza, processed foods. The relative quality of your food doesn't matter nearly as much as the quantity.
    5. If you want something, get it yourself - don't expect other people to get it for you.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    The reason I am on a health kick is because, I cannot eat unhealthy things AND get the body I want. Hence why I am eating healthier and then doing HIIT workouts.

I eat all the things you have listed....works just fine.
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    I feel sorry for your mom.

Me too.

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    You know what's unhealthy? Comments like, "I'd rather starve than eat that". That approach is generally not sustainable for the long term. All foods can be healthy in the context of the overall diet, unless there is a specific underlying medical reason to restrict certain things. That includes chicken nuggets and fries.

As others have said, if you don't like the choices available to you, go shopping for some alternatives.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »
    Your 22 years old, move out and buy your own food!!!

I lost 121 pounds eating "junk" food and no longer have heart disease and have excellent blood pressure. ;)

This...
    MamaRiss wrote: »
    You need to grow up and start taking care of you. It's not your families job. If you want healthier options, go grocery shopping

This...

elphie754 wrote: »
    Wow, there is such a thing as over doing profanity.

Also- fried chicken nuggets and chips can be part of a healthy diet. Just build the rest of the day around it.

You are being rather over dramatic.

And this.

And I love a good swear-fest.

You're 22. I understand living with your family and how difficult it can be (hell, I lived with my parents right out of college until I could find a decent apartment), so you essentially have a few choices: buy your own groceries, suck it up and eat the things they prepare, or move out.

If you're stuck living at home, I recommend having a polite conversation with your mom about your goals and the food you'd like to try to stick to. And to ensure you're eating food you enjoy and you're not just flying off the handle, buy your own food.

It's really not that difficult.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options

Funny because most here DO do that.

Sounds like you might need to do some maturing.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    This looks like a ***** Mad Lib.
    Sorry for the swearing. Just needed to get it off my chest. People won't understand unless they still live with a family who eat unhealthily.

I'm still recovering from agoraphobia. I have made many achievements, but unfortunately this is not an option currently.

Then stop complaining. Your parents are taking care of you while you have an illness. Be thankful for that.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

Sounds like you should just appreciate that your family allows you to live there and eat the food they buy. I suffer from agoraphobia and at some point in life you have to do thing that cause you severe anxiety.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options

You're 22 years old. Why is your mother responsible for buying and preparing your meals? If you don't like what's being served, buy your own food.

Better yet, offer to help ole mom by cooking a meal for the family now and then. I'm sure she'd appreciate having a night off.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options

If I am not mistaken, you are an adult. Buy your own food and prepare it anyway you like. Problem solved. You can't change what other people are going to do, the only one you have control over is yourself.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Oh this OP... still making excuses?
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I lived on my own from being 18. I made my own food and stopped moaning. Lol
  • Lexicpt
    Lexicpt Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I wish my mom still bought my groceries. :/
This discussion has been closed.