Might as well starve!

Options

Replies

• urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the swearing. Just needed to get it off my chest. People won't understand unless they still live with a family who eat unhealthily.

Sure you feel your efforts are being sabatoged and not supported. I can appreciate that.

• gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Sorry for the swearing. Just needed to get it off my chest. People won't understand unless they still live with a family who eat unhealthily.

Move out. Then you don't live with them anymore and can make your own choices.

I'm still recovering from agoraphobia. I have made many achievements, but unfortunately this is not an option currently.

Sounds like you should just appreciate that your family allows you to live there and eat the food they buy. I suffer from agoraphobia and at some point in life you have to do thing that cause you severe anxiety.

Do you know my life story? No. Do you know what I do most days? Go out. I have a social life. I have friends. I have pushed myself many a time and succeeded. As a fellow agoraphobic, you should know that you can't just move out like that. My friend who is a retired child psychologist knows that you have to take it in small steps. You cannot walk before you run. If you do, you'll eventually just go backwards. Anyway this is MAJORLY OFF TOPIC.
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    This topic needs a Linkin Park video.

yes
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    By your age I'd left home and supported myself for 8 years. Please help your parents by getting your butt a job and buying some groceries. Agoraphobia my *kitten*. Getting a job will cure that.
  • gabrielleelliott90
    Options
    MamaRiss wrote: »

yes

I LOVE Linkin Park. One of my favourite bands ;)
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options

I'm still recovering from agoraphobia. I have made many achievements, but unfortunately this is not an option currently.

Sounds like you should just appreciate that your family allows you to live there and eat the food they buy. I suffer from agoraphobia and at some point in life you have to do thing that cause you severe anxiety.

Do you know my life story? No. Do you know what I do most days? Go out. I have a social life. I have friends. I have pushed myself many a time and succeeded. As a fellow agoraphobic, you should know that you can't just move out like that. My friend who is a retired child psychologist knows that you have to take it in small steps. You cannot walk before you run. If you do, you'll eventually just go backwards. Anyway this is MAJORLY OFF TOPIC.

Cannot walk before you run?

Strike that... reverse it... Thank you.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    OP, I just looked at your diary.

ALL YOU EAT is potato chips and soda.

And you're bitching about your mom making you chicken nuggets and fries?
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    From what you were offered for the evening, I would have had the breaded chicken strips with the vegetables.

You need a stash of foods to go to when the parental offering is not to your standards. I have a relative in a group home and he got himself a bullet blender and extra fruits and vegetables. When he wants a healthy option, he makes a shake, while eating along with what he is provided by the home.

You can mail-order some foods if a shopping trip is still too stressful. Get yourself some whey protein powder.
  • allyxnatara11
    allyxnatara11 Posts: 74 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    :/
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    PeachyPlum wrote: »

BUSTED! :grin:
  • Lexicpt
    Lexicpt Posts: 209 Member
    Options

Chester approves this message.
    iuqabx31q4yd.jpg

• gabrielleelliott90
    Options
    I don't tell my mum to cook for me, I'm capable of cooking my own meals, I do it often. I don't tell her to buy food for me. I already let everyone know beforehand I was on a health kick. I have every right to say, ''no, I'm on a health kick'', if food is cooked for me without my knowledge and then expected to eat. I don't even like chicken nuggets, and I don't like chips much. I feel people are making too big a deal of it now and missing the point ;)
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options

Oh dear....
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

I'm sorry, to the item in bold, what? What does that mean? You should run before you walk? I think I need to run. Away from this thread.
  • MsSquatAlot
    MsSquatAlot Posts: 238 Member
    Options

Wait... Aren't you supposed to master walking before you run? Running backwards sounds harder than walking. ;)
  • gabrielleelliott90
    Options
    aimeerace wrote: »

That was BEFORE TODAY. TODAY I started my health kick. How could a health kick include crisps etc? Obviously it was started today. Use your brain.
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    I don't tell my mum to cook for me, I'm capable of cooking my own meals, I do it often. I don't tell her to buy food for me. I already let everyone know beforehand I was on a health kick. I have every right to say, ''no, I'm on a health kick'', if food is cooked for me without my knowledge and then expected to eat. I don't even like chicken nuggets, and I don't like chips much. I feel people are making too big a deal of it now and missing the point ;)

I also love the use of the phrase "health kick" which implies that this is temporary, and not something you are planning to sustain for the long term.

• sperouty
    sperouty Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    If the chicken nuggets were baked and the chips or fries were baked, it isn't too bad. Adding vegetables like baby carrots and celery with fat free ranch dressing would be a good meal for you. Just make the healthiest choices you can in your situation.
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    aimeerace wrote: »

That was BEFORE TODAY. TODAY I started my health kick. How could a health kick include crisps etc? Obviously it was started today. Use your brain.

Oh the irony...

This discussion has been closed.