Might as well starve!

Options

Replies

• gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Lexicpt wrote: »
    PeachyPlum wrote: »
    And then you heated it in your easy bake oven.

I almost peed my pants.

Yeah, because that's how I cook things when I have other things to attend to and don't want to spend all day waiting around in a kitchen in hot weather waiting for an actual oven to cook two pieces of fish. It's called being smart and eco-friendly.

Also FYI, if you found it that funny, you might want to see a doc. Not humourous whatsoever.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    aimeerace wrote: »
    OP, I just looked at your diary.

ALL YOU EAT is potato chips and soda.

And you're bitching about your mom making you chicken nuggets and fries?

BUSTED! :grin:

That was BEFORE TODAY. TODAY I started my health kick. How could a health kick include crisps etc? Obviously it was started today. Use your brain.

Today before or after you ate the fried fish, chips, and soda? I'm getting confused.

At what time, exactly, did your health kick start?

OMG you are cracking me up!
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Anyway trolls/bullies. I've got working out to do. Have a fun time amongst yourselves. I'm over it by now. I make a fuss then I get over it. I'm mature.
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Gabrielle, where do you live? an urban or suburban area? Do you have money or credit card of your own? In all likelihood you can get your local supermarket or grocer or even an online service to deliver to your door the healthy food you want to eat. if that isn't possible where you live, I suggest you ask your mother if she would mind picking up x,y,z at the store for you when she does her shopping. Tell her you will cook it yourself as I am sure she is disinclined to cook two separate meals. In all sincerity, I hope that you are being treated for your condition and will soon be able to get out of the house and expand your world. I wish you the best.
  • MsSquatAlot
    MsSquatAlot Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    OP do me a favor. Before this thread gets nuked, or devolves into the inevitable gif fest, print off the pages so far, make 5 copies of them, seal them in 5 envelopes, and address them to yourself to be opened on your 32nd, 42nd, 52nd, etc birthdays so that you can be reminded of your thought process and how you talked about your family back when you were 22...

Solid idea.

• Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lw7qn58NxG1qii6tmo1_500.gif
  • Lexicpt
    Lexicpt Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Also FYI, if you found it that funny, you might want to see a doc. Not humourous whatsoever.

Well, if it isn't the pot calling the kettle black..

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    OP do me a favor. Before this thread gets nuked, or devolves into the inevitable gif fest, print off the pages so far, make 5 copies of them, seal them in 5 envelopes, and address them to yourself to be opened on your 32nd, 42nd, 52nd, etc birthdays so that you can be reminded of your thought process and how you talked about your family back when you were 22...

This is sound advice, but I can guarantee you that she won't follow it.

She's too firmly entrenched in the early 20's know-it-all mode complete with a total lack of self-awareness.

• peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Anyway trolls/bullies. I've got working out to do. Have a fun time amongst yourselves. I'm over it by now. I make a fuss then I get over it. I'm mature.

inigomontoya.jpg
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

ROFL.gif
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options

Mature? Yet throw hissy fits about mummy cooking you nuggets and chips. Preach sister! Ha
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    It's quite sad people make fun of self harm. Do you know what a serious condition it is to have? I still have scars and it is literally people being nasty to me that made me do it.

Stop. No one is making fun of you for it. It was an unnecessary comment for you to make in the first place. You came to a thread complaining. You're an adult. You need to understand that life isn't always sunshine and monkeys dancing with toothbrushes. You're not always going to hear what you'd like to hear.

You want sympathy? Talk to that one friend everyone has who will only tell you the things you want to hear.

You came to a thread expecting to be coddled for a rant. You didn't get the reaction you were hoping for, so now you're trying to get people to feel sorry for you.

It doesn't work like that.

And take it from someone who has experience with those who self harm. It's not something to brag about, and for most people who have lived through it, it's not something they go around waving like a god damned flag. It won't get you sympathy and it won't make people suddenly jump on the "my mom is such a *kitten* for making me food!" bangwagon.

Grow up. Admit that you may have overreacted or you may not have given the whole picture and move on.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    1. Don't be snotty to your mom. She just made you dinner. Thank her for trying. She's not obligated to keep up with every "kick" you're on.
    2. Throwing a tantrum isn't helping you (ask me how I know.)
    3. Can I eat the food you refused? 'Cause it sounds pretty tasty, and I know how to make it fit my calories for the day.
    4. You can eat every kind of food and still lose weight if you keep a calorie deficit.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I don't tell my mum to cook for me, I'm capable of cooking my own meals, I do it often. I don't tell her to buy food for me. I already let everyone know beforehand I was on a health kick. I have every right to say, ''no, I'm on a health kick'', if food is cooked for me without my knowledge and then expected to eat. I don't even like chicken nuggets, and I don't like chips much. I feel people are making too big a deal of it now and missing the point ;)

Is someone holding you down and forcing the food into your mouth?
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    rqkegvwjb12j.jpg
  • 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Dear fellow 22 year old,

It sounds like you've had a bit of a rough life. Agoraphobia and self-harm are big issues to tackle as a young adult. It sounds like you've been seeking help for those issues, and that's something I think you should do for your weight loss as well -- perhaps see a registered dietitian to help you grasp what proper nutrition looks like.

Health kicks are great -- but they imply short term. You made a decision to change your lifestyle today, and believe me, everyone in this thread wants to cheer you on for that. But the reality is, you're 22 and you can take responsibility for yourself. If you want to live a healthy lifestyle, you're going to have to come to grasp the reality that every day will not be perfect - you aren't always going to hit the grams for your macros spot on (especially without planning ahead entirely), and there's always going to be events in your life that will make your weight loss harder -- family dinners, nights out with friends, weddings, camping (summer in general, I swear haha).

Learn to make the best of situations. So your mother made dinner without consulting you -- say thanks, that's 40 minutes YOU didn't have to spend in the kitchen and a free, hot meal. So, chicken nuggets aren't the healthiest option -- peel the breading off if you're worried about saturated fat etc. Swap out the chips/fries for those frozen veggies you mentioned. Going over your fat macro by a few grams (or even doubling it for a single day) won't matter. It's the sum of our actions over time that allow us to lose weight, become healthier, and live the lifestyle we want.

Over the past 4 years of actively losing weight, I've lived at home with my parents, in university residence, with roommates in a house, and now with my construction worker boyfriend who thinks anything all-you-can-eat is a challenge we should be partaking in. The reality is though, in every single one of those situations, I have been in charge of my own decisions, just like you are now.

You can come online, indulge your id a bit and make posts like you did: but the reality is, the majority of us who are 22, we're doing what we can to get our *kitten* together as adults. I'd encourage you to do the same.
  • alliesgettinghealthy
    alliesgettinghealthy Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's too kind to be angry at your parents for that. For all they know you were going to be on a health kick and you changed your mind. You live with them so they can make whatever they please. I don't think you should feel insulted that they would dare to offer you food! If you feel like you suddenly want to eat healthy you probably should plan ahead and purchase these foods ahead of time so you actually have food to eat. You can't honestly be mad that you decided you were suddenly going on a health kick and there aren't any healthy foods instantly there. If you are hungry eat the food and plan ahead for the next time. You were just eating similar foods so eating more certainly isn't going to do any harm. Eating those foods on a regular basis won't either. Moderation! Sometimes there isn't anything left to eat so you eat the chicken nuggets and fries, shrug, and move on. :smile:
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Getting food from the chip shop is eco-friendly? What the what now?
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    welp, this thread seems done.
    theres only one thing left to do.

tumblr_m7d8pwPp241qzna3u.gif
  • NotQuiteNorm
    NotQuiteNorm Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Sorry for the swearing. Just needed to get it off my chest. People won't understand unless they still live with a family who eat unhealthily.

Move out. Then you don't live with them anymore and can make your own choices.

I'm still recovering from agoraphobia. I have made many achievements, but unfortunately this is not an option currently.

Sounds like you should just appreciate that your family allows you to live there and eat the food they buy. I suffer from agoraphobia and at some point in life you have to do thing that cause you severe anxiety.

Do you know my life story? No. Do you know what I do most days? Go out. I have a social life. I have friends. I have pushed myself many a time and succeeded. As a fellow agoraphobic, you should know that you can't just move out like that. My friend who is a retired child psychologist knows that you have to take it in small steps. You cannot walk before you run. If you do, you'll eventually just go backwards. Anyway this is MAJORLY OFF TOPIC.

I'm sure it's a good 'small step' for you to go to the grocery store. I have severe anxiety and major depressive disorder, and was in an abusive relationship that once I got out of (still sometimes have problems with) I was in a state where I even had trouble recognising the need to change once I wet myself...outside...in public. And now I am the carer and spend my days looking after my dad. Did I get there whining like a child? No. Do you know what I did most days to get past it? I got the hell up and wrote a list of all the things I thought a person should be able to do and then every day I did at least one of them - I shopped some days, some days I just changed my socks... I now cook for the household every day using the money I claimed from benefit, recognising I was in no state to work. I later began visiting my dad daily because I realized he was struggling to do the things I had needed help with and now I get paid for that.

Go to a shop and stop being rude to your mother. You can ask her to go with you if it's too hard to face the store alone, and most stores are open late - they tend to be mostly empty after about 8pm.

Sorry for the image I just feel she needs a reality check guys.
This discussion has been closed.