Might as well starve!

Options

Replies

• redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    22 year old lives at home but complains about the cooking.

Get a job and buy your own groceries, move the **** out, or STFU.

Because you can be **** certain I would not tolerate my child being so ******* ungrateful.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Lexicpt wrote: »
    PeachyPlum wrote: »
    And then you heated it in your easy bake oven.

I almost peed my pants.

Yeah, because that's how I cook things when I have other things to attend to and don't want to spend all day waiting around in a kitchen in hot weather waiting for an actual oven to cook two pieces of fish. It's called being smart and eco-friendly.

Also FYI, if you found it that funny, you might want to see a doc. Not humourous whatsoever.

This must be troll. Because, really, all day for two pieces of fish? Is this oven on 30ºC?
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    This is all I got out of this post:
    Blame-Game.jpg
  • uvi5
    uvi5 Posts: 710 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    This topic needs a Linkin Park video.
    ythu9qxdcs8n.gif

• skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options

I almost peed my pants.

Yeah, because that's how I cook things when I have other things to attend to and don't want to spend all day waiting around in a kitchen in hot weather waiting for an actual oven to cook two pieces of fish. It's called being smart and eco-friendly.

Also FYI, if you found it that funny, you might want to see a doc. Not humourous whatsoever.

ew, doesnt that make the rest of your playhouse smell fishy?
  • jade01992
    jade01992 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This thread though.

I'm amazed that I'm the same age as this person.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I feel bad for your mother. She has such an ungrateful child who is rude and swears worse than a sailor.

A grateful child would have said to her mother, "Mom, thanks so much for lunch/dinner! Next time, maybe instead of chips we can use the frozen veggies in the freezer!" and then eat the food her mother cooked for her without complaint.

Even if you had eaten the nuggets and fries, it's doubtful it would offset your deficit sooooo much. You'd log it, enjoy it and move on. Because that's what adults do.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    skullshank wrote: »

I almost peed my pants.

ew, doesnt that make the rest of your playhouse smell fishy?
    :neutral:
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    You need to understand that life isn't always sunshine and monkeys dancing with toothbrushes. You're not always going to hear what you'd like to hear.

tumblr_n7fetpbnAN1tws4xlo1_400.gif

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    SconnieCat wrote: »
    aimeerace wrote: »
    OP, I just looked at your diary.

ALL YOU EAT is potato chips and soda.

And you're bitching about your mom making you chicken nuggets and fries?

BUSTED! :grin:

That was BEFORE TODAY. TODAY I started my health kick. How could a health kick include crisps etc? Obviously it was started today. Use your brain.

After your fried fish, soda and doritos?

I feel like you cannot possibly be a real person.

I strongly concur. Otherwise we might as well leave the planet to the cockroaches now.

Thanks for bullying me. Makes me feel even better about myself. No wonder I used to self harm.

Ah. Papa Roach as well?

auUNM.jpg
    <3<3<3

• Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Somebody needs a time-out until she can get herself back under control! You are a grown *kitten* woman. Act like it. Throwing tantrums is for children. Either suck it buttercup or fix it for yourself.
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    So much awesome in this post. Seriously better than FB.

It sounds like OP is regretting how she's used some of her calories today (we've probably all been there), and is directing this frustration towards her mom. My husband's been in that spot before too, with his suggestions of our favorite restaurant after I'd already eaten most of my daily calories-darn him and his thoughtfulness grrr. But, shockingly I did not explode or gain 100 pounds after veering away from my plan, but instead the unexpected detour gave me some good food and family time. I just made sure I was back on top of things afterwards.

OP-take a deep breath, realize this is one day, and in the scheme of things doesn't matter a whole lot. If you want to start changing how you eat, plan ahead a bit more and then make this plan known to others in your household who also may be doing some of the cooking.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    People are in such a Rush to judge others. Hey, he who is without cast the first stone? I am sure the heat is a factor in losing patience. I give you credit for your accomplishments. Youre frustrated and we All get frustrated. :) And incase anyone has forgotten we are ALL sinners and are nOT PERFECT. Do NOT think you all are and you are all so free to condemn someone. She was just venting. Have you ever vented? this is sup to be aplace where people can reach out from frustrations etc. I think she has handled the criticism really well, and judgement. You all who condemned her should look in the mirror and apologize to her. I dont know her but this was cruel. Honey, we do NOT know all of your circumstances, and thats fine. I do not judge. Just try to plan ahead if you can, and proud of you for recognizing that you want to eat healthy. :) Peace to you and good luck. Food is not Easy. We all have to eat to survive and sometimes we want to grab anything. Sending you love and peace.

But it's completely OK for YOU to judge US, not knowing OUR stories, and chew US out? Do you even see your own hypocrisy?
  • uvi5
    uvi5 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    aimeerace wrote: »
    OP, I just looked at your diary.

ALL YOU EAT is potato chips and soda.

And you're bitching about your mom making you chicken nuggets and fries?

BUSTED! :grin:

n8t8bhvvkrsc.gif
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    I feel bad for your mother. She has such an ungrateful child who is rude and swears worse than a sailor.

A grateful child would have said to her mother, "Mom, thanks so much for lunch/dinner! Next time, maybe instead of chips we can use the frozen veggies in the freezer!" and then eat the food her mother cooked for her without complaint.

Even if you had eaten the nuggets and fries, it's doubtful it would offset your deficit sooooo much. You'd log it, enjoy it and move on. Because that's what adults do.

This. I am grateful when my mom brings me food (I live on my own). Sometimes it's just because she made too much for her and my father, or she'll be talking about what she's cooking for dinner while on the phone and I say it sounds good. I just plan the rest of my day around it. She also knows that I have been tracking my food for almost a year (not a few hours as the OP) so will tell me exactly what goes into the dish. Granted she doesn't weigh the ingredients, but I appreciate the effort she makes. Regardless- mom brings food, the correct response is thank you, end of story.
  • NotQuiteNorm
    NotQuiteNorm Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Sorry for the swearing. Just needed to get it off my chest. People won't understand unless they still live with a family who eat unhealthily.

Move out. Then you don't live with them anymore and can make your own choices.

I'm still recovering from agoraphobia. I have made many achievements, but unfortunately this is not an option currently.

Sounds like you should just appreciate that your family allows you to live there and eat the food they buy. I suffer from agoraphobia and at some point in life you have to do thing that cause you severe anxiety.

Do you know my life story? No. Do you know what I do most days? Go out. I have a social life. I have friends. I have pushed myself many a time and succeeded. As a fellow agoraphobic, you should know that you can't just move out like that. My friend who is a retired child psychologist knows that you have to take it in small steps. You cannot walk before you run. If you do, you'll eventually just go backwards. Anyway this is MAJORLY OFF TOPIC.

I'm sure it's a good 'small step' for you to go to the grocery store. I have severe anxiety and major depressive disorder, and was in an abusive relationship that once I got out of (still sometimes have problems with) I was in a state where I even had trouble recognising the need to change once I wet myself...outside...in public. And now I am the carer and spend my days looking after my dad. Did I get there whining like a child? No. Do you know what I did most days to get past it? I got the hell up and wrote a list of all the things I thought a person should be able to do and then every day I did at least one of them - I shopped some days, some days I just changed my socks... I now cook for the household every day using the money I claimed from benefit, recognising I was in no state to work. I later began visiting my dad daily because I realized he was struggling to do the things I had needed help with and now I get paid for that.

Go to a shop and stop being rude to your mother. You can ask her to go with you if it's too hard to face the store alone, and most stores are open late - they tend to be mostly empty after about 8pm.

Sorry for the image I just feel she needs a reality check guys.

What an inspiring story!

I blooming hope she sees it that way! Since being on mfp I've started to think I should write a book "When Angela decided to get some balls and also went to Tesco by herself that time."
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    So much awesome in this post. Seriously better than FB.

It sounds like OP is regretting how she's used some of her calories today (we've probably all been there), and is directing this frustration towards her mom. My husband's been in that spot before too, with his suggestions of our favorite restaurant after I'd already eaten most of my daily calories-darn him and his thoughtfulness grrr. OP-take a deep breath, realize this is one day, and in the scheme of things doesn't matter a whole lot. If you want to start changing how you eat, plan ahead a bit more and then make this plan known to others in your household who also may be doing some of the cooking.

It sounds like OP doesn't really have a good grasp on nutrition. Because she thinks this

IDShot_540x540.jpg

Is "health kick" food because she cooked it over a light bulb instead of frying it for a second time.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I remember being 19, living at home, and wanting to lose weight. My mom still cooked dinners but I was on my own for breakfast and lunch. I ate what my mom made, just not as much as I used to. I never demanded for her to cook a certain way, never demanded that she not make certain things and never even thought about getting snotty with her about dinner. I still managed to lose 50 pounds in a year.

You really need to grow up and realize that the earth and your family doesn't revolve around you.

tumblr_n3q3cuiPwO1rungpko1_250.gif
This discussion has been closed.