Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,717 Member
    Options
    Regional Fare

These are the struggles I face every day.

Also
    I buy Monster drinks by the case. I have one a day. When I went to buy my case this last time, at the same store I always buy them at, the cashier said something like "those are gonna kill ya." I laughed it off and said, "everybody is gonna die somehow. This is my vice." He seriously started to lecture me on how bad they are. All I could think was, "Well, I know what is gonna kill you. ME!"

I don't think cashiers should make any type of judgmental comment on anything anyone is buying. None of their business.

I could bore you with a terrible food purchasing story and my 2 month fight with distributing Monster drinks. just saying.

Tell me more...as I take a long, satisfying drink from my ice cold Monster Ultra Zero

BLARGH. 2 months ago one of the bars I buy food and alcohol for decided they want energy drink offerings. Our new coca-cola contract prohibits the way we can serve and market that we have red bull, making it totally not worth even having the product, and I know I know, we're like 10 years late on the energy drink and vodka craze.

Monster was distributed by Budweiser up until 2-3 weeks ago, so I've just been in nightmare limbo trying to get product from Coca-Cola now that they're the owner of distributing rights.

Because you know, my outlet managers can't just buy the monster everyone buys, they want super small bottles because they're more aesthetically similar to Red Bull. *eyeroll*

And this whole Budweiser / Monster / Coca-Cola thing has been going on for 2+ years which has contributed to the mess, I'm sure. I know this because my youngest son worked for Budweiser a couple years ago and he used to complain about it back then. I think Budweiser was glad to finally release distributing rights (at least that was the buzz around here).
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    MFPals with Benefits

I must know!!!!
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    My one close friend broke up with me because (to simplify) I changed my wedding plans and eloped, and she couldn't make it. I literally don't have any other close friends. This affected my eating yesterday quite a bit unfortunately. Did not make goal. Im back on track today though, screw her.

Weddings do funny things to people. I've lost two of my closest friends due to weddings. When I got married we went to mexico and she was not happy at our choice of resort or the fact that we moved the wedding up. I told her I completely understood if she couldn't go b/c we moved the wedding up and she didn't have as much time to save. She got all pissy about it - that was 7 years ago.

My other friend who was my best friend since the 3rd grade told me, after she paid for her trip to my wedding, that her fiance was laid off and they couldn't afford for her to go. I told her it was a vacation as well and she could pick which ever color blue dress she wanted. I wanted no fuss with my wedding (my dress was only $200.00 which was a good thing since I ripped when it got caught in the heel of my shoe and it got covered in sand). She still wasnt' able to make it and I refunded her money - i understand that things happen. Well, during a fight she told me that the real reason she didn't go was b/c she thought I was being bridezilla, expecting her to pay $1500.0 to attend my wedding and a true friend wouldn't do that. Well, the gloves came off and I told her how I really felt about her racist, redneck fiance (now husband). It has been 3 or 4 years and we haven't spoken since (even when we ran into each other at a festival).

When you cut the grass, the snakes come out and you see who really is there for you. Sometimes, it means you lose people in the end.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I wish we had eloped. It was not the *wedding either of us really wanted or dreamed of, some family members had to make it all about them. Pft...
  • MeganWillet
    MeganWillet Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am super strict on my daily calories during the week (within a healthy range).... but I really only do it so I can drink as much as I want on the weekends and stay under my weekly goal....
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    My one close friend broke up with me because (to simplify) I changed my wedding plans and eloped, and she couldn't make it. I literally don't have any other close friends. This affected my eating yesterday quite a bit unfortunately. Did not make goal. Im back on track today though, screw her.

Weddings do funny things to people. I've lost two of my closest friends due to weddings. When I got married we went to mexico and she was not happy at our choice of resort or the fact that we moved the wedding up. I told her I completely understood if she couldn't go b/c we moved the wedding up and she didn't have as much time to save. She got all pissy about it - that was 7 years ago.

My other friend who was my best friend since the 3rd grade told me, after she paid for her trip to my wedding, that her fiance was laid off and they couldn't afford for her to go. I told her it was a vacation as well and she could pick which ever color blue dress she wanted. I wanted no fuss with my wedding (my dress was only $200.00 which was a good thing since I ripped when it got caught in the heel of my shoe and it got covered in sand). She still wasnt' able to make it and I refunded her money - i understand that things happen. Well, during a fight she told me that the real reason she didn't go was b/c she thought I was being bridezilla, expecting her to pay $1500.0 to attend my wedding and a true friend wouldn't do that. Well, the gloves came off and I told her how I really felt about her racist, redneck fiance (now husband). It has been 3 or 4 years and we haven't spoken since (even when we ran into each other at a festival).

When you cut the grass, the snakes come out and you see who really is there for you. Sometimes, it means you lose people in the end.

I like this ^
  • ethim
    ethim Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I got an interview with the company I've been trying to get on board with for over a year and a half now. EXCITE!

Good luck!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

Wow. As if your wedding plans should revolve around your friend's schedule?
    Sorry you're dealing with that.
  • Lexicpt
    Lexicpt Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I've been eating baked beans with cut up turkey hot dogs every day for lunch for the past week. It's amazing. :#
  • cranor130
    cranor130 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Lexicpt wrote: »
    I've been eating baked beans with cut up turkey hot dogs every day for lunch for the past week. It's amazing. :#

Thanks! I will try with chili!
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options

turkey dogs aren't even real food. sorry to judge #notsorry lol
  • Lexicpt
    Options

They fit into my calorie allowance and I like them. Go troll elsewhere. #notsorry lol
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

@AgentOrangeJuice I like 'em, and turkey bacon, too! Take that!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

@quiksylver296 I despise turkey bacon! My husband cooked some up the other night and I love bacon, but that does not qualify. Also, not a fan of turkey dogs even though that's pretty much all we ate growing up because they were cheap. I prefer 100% all-beef hot dogs.

• tulips_and_tea
    Options
    I got an interview with the company I've been trying to get on board with for over a year and a half now. EXCITE!

Awesome! Good luck!

(But can you get on MFP there if you get the job? Serious thing to consider! ;) )

Oooh, very important question! That must be factored in to your decision.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    I don't want to work today. I just want to go home, lay on my couch under a blanket and take a nap.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »

@quiksylver296 I despise turkey bacon! My husband cooked some up the other night and I love bacon, but that does not qualify. Also, not a fan of turkey dogs even though that's pretty much all we ate growing up because they were cheap. I prefer 100% all-beef hot dogs.

Yay! Gimme all the turkey bacon!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    MissLaaber wrote: »
    Confession: My boyfriend's mother (super sweet teeny tiny British lady) gave my boyfriend a Godiva bag filled with hot chocolates and a box of 20 chocolates for me. I've been having a rough time between my grandmother diagnosis of stage 4 liver cancer, her sudden death the week afterwards, getting Norwalk as soon as I got back home from being in my hometown for the funeral and a minor mental breakdown.
    All I want to do is eat all the chocolates and drink all the hot chocolate, I know I can't because with all the traveling the two weeks prior I ate like crud and didn't following my training for the half. It's adding to my frustration... am I horrible person for wanting to bring them to the office, leave it for my coworkers and call it a day? >.>

Edit:.... Spelling dammit

Not at all! That's called "sharing". I say go ahead if it will relieve some of your stress.
  • Lexicpt
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Turkey BLTs. Beyond good. I use Dijonnaise instead of regular mayo. Om nom.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    To celebrate my 100th day of logging in, I'm going to have a whole f***ing pizza to myself. Because I can. I have 1200 calories left over. :D