Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    whereslisa wrote: »
    I have a lot of embarrassing things lol. I like to get naked and stand in front of the mirror and suck in while holding my stomach up so I can see what I look like skinny... LOL.

I also lie to my nutritionist/doctor about not drinking coffee and not eating potatoes... I drink coffee and do eat potatoes...

And I like to do the math over and over and over again to make sure how many calories I'm eating and how many I'm burning is correct for the amount of weight I want to lose, I mean I will do this like 8 times a day. Then I get sad because of how much I have left to lose and eat a spoonful of peanut butter at 3am while watching my 600 pound life.

If my doctor tried to stop me from eating potatoes, I would get a new one. Potatoes are my life. And cheese. Mmmmm potatoes with cheese.

Hence, your profile picture. :blush:

I am also in the I Love Potatoes Club.

• xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I had a breakfast burrito from Santiago's this morning. I fit it into my cals for the day & it was SO AWESOME.

When my nemesis (co-worker who won't shut up about how I eat) saw it, she was all "Well well well, that sure doesn't look like it's on your diet!"

So, rather than explain how CICO works for the 20th time, I lied & said "Well, it's a no-carb tortilla, made with egg beaters, those aren't potatoes, they're parsnips, and it's fat-free cheese. Want a bite?"

She made a face & walked away
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    AlciaMode wrote: »
    I confess I don't log Ketchup. For no particular reason I just won't log it.

MFP has murdered my love of ketchup. I am now forced to siracha everything. Oh man I miss ketchup, but I fear if I have some I will just pour the whole bottle down my throat I love it so much.

Here is a lil backwards confession. I miss my fat gut every time I take a bath. It was like a perfect table to lay my computer, or book, or whatever on while i soaked for hours. Now that I am 25lbs less (!!!) barely anything sticks out of the water and I have to hold everything up.

But one of those bathtub trays and enjoy your 25 lb. loss! Even with a tray I don't think I'd trust myself to have a laptop with me in the tub. That thing would be accidentally submerged within a matter of minutes.

Me too. I take my tablet in the bath sometimes, but I am so nervous that I'm going to drop it one of these days.

That is how I killed my last work phone. About that potatoes and cheese thing.... are you my sister? I swear that is the basis of her whole diet. Cheese sandwiches and potatoes in any form. The more rare the better, and she manages to stay stick thin and perfectly healthy.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options

MFP has murdered my love of ketchup. I am now forced to siracha everything. Oh man I miss ketchup, but I fear if I have some I will just pour the whole bottle down my throat I love it so much.

Here is a lil backwards confession. I miss my fat gut every time I take a bath. It was like a perfect table to lay my computer, or book, or whatever on while i soaked for hours. Now that I am 25lbs less (!!!) barely anything sticks out of the water and I have to hold everything up.

But one of those bathtub trays and enjoy your 25 lb. loss! Even with a tray I don't think I'd trust myself to have a laptop with me in the tub. That thing would be accidentally submerged within a matter of minutes.

Me too. I take my tablet in the bath sometimes, but I am so nervous that I'm going to drop it one of these days.

That is how I killed my last work phone. About that potatoes and cheese thing.... are you my sister? I swear that is the basis of her whole diet. Cheese sandwiches and potatoes in any form. The more rare the better, and she manages to stay stick thin and perfectly healthy.

I wish I could eat potatoes and cheese all day and stay stick thin. What a lucky girl!
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    If anyone remembers my confession about Restaurant Manager that wants to buy cakes when we have 3 full time bakers. Well he's been pretty short/crappy with me ever since he had to make a quarter sheet cake. He went so far as to duck behind a wall thinking I didn't see him, one day.

He called me on my cell phone yesterday while I was out at lunch and when I answered I said

"This is my personal cellphone, call me back on my office line."

He made an exasperated noise and hung up.

He calls back 10 seconds later, "you're not in the office."

I said " I know, I'm at lunch, talk to you later."

Bwahahahahaaa! But did he call back after lunch?

Yes, to tell me to do something I did two days prior, because you know, he doesn't read his emails.

HATE that. Also hate when you leave someone a message and they just call back and ask what you called for. Don't even bother to listen to the message.

Also, the people I call the "non-scrollers" - you send them an email and they check it on their phone and only read the portion that shows on the screen, not scrolling down to read the entire message. This is particularly irksome when you send a detailed email and someone doesn't bother to read the whole thing and something ends up NOT being done.

I had to have a tough love email conversation with my seafood vendor. At the end of the email I requested a very detailed report, he confirmed the email. 2 days go by and I don't have the report or any progress. So I call him up and I'm like where's the report, and he had no idea what I was talking about, I emailed him his confirmation. He's not my favorite vendor and he knows it.

• berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Here is something funny - My daughter came to tattle on her brother earlier, she says "Mom, he is reading your diary!" I don't have a diary. It turned out he was reading an old Cathy comic book. Thanks kids.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    I had a breakfast burrito from Santiago's this morning. I fit it into my cals for the day & it was SO AWESOME.

When my nemesis (co-worker who won't shut up about how I eat) saw it, she was all "Well well well, that sure doesn't look like it's on your diet!"

So, rather than explain how CICO works for the 20th time, I lied & said "Well, it's a no-carb tortilla, made with egg beaters, those aren't potatoes, they're parsnips, and it's fat-free cheese. Want a bite?"

She made a face & walked away

Love that - perfect response!
  • festerw
    festerw Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    festerw wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    jlnoble513 wrote: »
    @AngryViking1970 what does turkey bacon taste like? I'm scared to try it lol. I don't like turkey

Uh...like bacon? LOL It doesn't taste like turkey, but it has a different texture than regular bacon for sure. It's much firmer and doesn't really get crispy. Try it!

But not really. I have decided that it's not worth the few calories I save. Life is too short!

This is the truest statement I've heard in quite some time! I feel 100% the same way. I'll save calories somewhere else. When I want bacon, I want BACON!
    I'll second that! I use this mentality with butter vs. margarine, cream vs. creamer, and whipped cream vs. cool whip. I would rather have the real stuff than the "fake".
    W
    I usually go for the real instead of a substitute, but I really do prefer turkey bacon. It's always a mess to cook regular (albeit delicious) bacon and when I order it out, it's usually all floppy and super gross.

Hubby and I ate turkey bacon for quite some time due to it being less greasy. To treat ourselves, we bought the real stuff (a nice applewood smoked thick slice) and I forgot how good the real stuff was. We've now switched back to real bacon and I have been experimenting with different cooking methods. I lined the inside and top of a broiler pan with tin foil and cut small slits in the top layer for the grease to drip into the bottom of the pan and placed it in the oven. It cooked it nice & crispy but was still a mess w/ the tin foil. Last week I made a little packet w/ double layer tin foil and laid the bacon inside. I closed up the packet and used a fork to poke holes on either side and the put in on the BBQ. the first time I did it, the heat was too high and I burned it, the second time I tried it, i lowered the heat and it worked perfectly! the little holes allow the grease to drip out slowly and you get nice crispy bacon. You have to make sure the flames aren't too high otherwise it can start a fire and you just need to keep an eye on it. once it was done, I just put the bacon on some paper towel and left the tin foil on the BBQ to let the remaining grease cool & harden - then through it all way.

This only works if you don't save the bacon grease for other cooking. I would like to but hubby thinks it's disgusting.

A grill with a drip pan works great, I can do bacon on my Traeger by just throwing it on the rack.

We are going to be buying one next time we are in the States - they are way to expensive in Canada. We had a Bradley smoker which worked okay but we both like the concept of the Traeger more.

Don't tell my hubby, but I'm getting him a Traeger for Father's Day. ;) Maybe I'll cook him some real bacon on it.

@quiksylver296 Don't waste your money on a Traeger. Go for a Green Mountain instead. Here's a link to buy one from a company with outstanding customer service.
    www.Waltonsinc.com

Not sure why the link didn't work but trust me.

I wouldn't say a new Traeger is a waste of money, they're still very good grills. Mine is around 6 years old and so far the only issue I have is the drip pan rusting. I will agree that if I were buying a new one it would be a Green Mountain though I've been very impressed with the ones I've seen.
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »
    annette_15 wrote: »
    Sometimes I feel like all my posts are invisible, cause no one ever replies to them :/

annette-15, if it makes you feel any better, my (playfully silly) posts are seemingly not only invisible, but likely largely unread (though I understand that)... if your posts are relatively short (as in, nowhere near the length of mine), they'll definitely be read (and are)... worry not... your posts are not invisible, and are definitely being read... mine, on the other hand, would seem to be trapped within some sort of 'cloaking device', such that their presence, just off the starboard 'side' of the thread, is known only by occasional passersby, who all but 'bump into' them (and once 'seeing' any given one, are not averse to reading its length)... yes, my posts would seem to be more like tumbleweed making its way down the empty 'main street' of a 'ghost town'... on a windy day... with a tornado 'fast closing in'... though possibly 'drifting' to another 'town' anyway, all on their own... (c'est la vie...)

Edited to Add: my long posts are kinda like that Mindy Kaling commercial, where she ultimately comes to think she's invisible, and that no one can see her... and my ever receiving a reply is like the end of the commercial, where she's surprised(/startled) to find that someone sees her... ;)

Thanks.. I'll admit to skipping ur posts a lot. Maybe its ur way of writing, but as a non native english speaker (not that this should be an excuse, cause my english is perfectly fine), I just have a hard time reading ur posts. You know how some books are just harder to read than others? Yeah..idk why, sorry, I'll try to make more of an effort from now on :kissing_heart:

I confess that I also skip your posts, since they are always soooo long and I only have so much time to waste at work. I, however, have nothing against you...just long posts.

While on the subject, there is one person (I will never tell) on this thread that I despise!

It's probably me - b/c I am not a Rider fan... :p but I think we agree on a lot of other stuff!

I don't despise people who are not Rider fans...just don't understand them! Kidding! Other teams need fans as well.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    If anyone remembers my confession about Restaurant Manager that wants to buy cakes when we have 3 full time bakers. Well he's been pretty short/crappy with me ever since he had to make a quarter sheet cake. He went so far as to duck behind a wall thinking I didn't see him, one day.

He called me on my cell phone yesterday while I was out at lunch and when I answered I said

Yes, to tell me to do something I did two days prior, because you know, he doesn't read his emails.

HATE that. Also hate when you leave someone a message and they just call back and ask what you called for. Don't even bother to listen to the message.

I am consultant/adviser for another office and they ignore their messages ALL THE TIME. Call me, leave a voicemail with a question, I leave a return voicemail responding to the question and they never check their voicemail. So I will get repeated pleading calls that they "really need an answer fast". Well, you got one, check your damn voicemail!
  • tiona83
    tiona83 Posts: 99 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    vmlabute wrote: »
    I wear the same jeans over and over until they get dirty...then I have to wash them

I can't imagine. After one or two wears, my jeans are too loose to wear. I wash every piece of clothing, every time I wear it unless I only wore it for a couple of hours. Workout gear, I wash every time. I do re-use my towels, though.

This has become my issue right now. I used to go a week or so wearing the same jeans.

I've always wished I could re-wear the same jeans but I can't stand the wrinkles behind the knees and at the thighs that jeans get frome when you wear them. I'm a wash after every time I wear kind of gal :)

I don't mind the wrinkles, but I have the lycra issue BZAH10 mentioned. I can size down in a waist but not my thighs, so if I don't wash my jeans more often they slip down when I sit. I hate over washing because make the jeans lose color sooner (I wear dark jeans).

Wash your jeans wrong side out. It helps the colour last longer. I sometimes wash a bunch of faded clothes with a pack of dye to darken them.
    I know you might still be loosing weight.... But getting them altered by a seamstress will help with the falling down issue you are having.
    Edited: forgot to say I have big thighs too and have trouble with the waist fitting if I get them big enough for my thighs.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    @AngryViking1970 what does turkey bacon taste like? I'm scared to try it lol. I don't like turkey

Uh...like bacon? LOL It doesn't taste like turkey, but it has a different texture than regular bacon for sure. It's much firmer and doesn't really get crispy. Try it!

But not really. I have decided that it's not worth the few calories I save. Life is too short!

This is the truest statement I've heard in quite some time! I feel 100% the same way. I'll save calories somewhere else. When I want bacon, I want BACON!
    I'll second that! I use this mentality with butter vs. margarine, cream vs. creamer, and whipped cream vs. cool whip. I would rather have the real stuff than the "fake".
    W
    I usually go for the real instead of a substitute, but I really do prefer turkey bacon. It's always a mess to cook regular (albeit delicious) bacon and when I order it out, it's usually all floppy and super gross.

Hubby and I ate turkey bacon for quite some time due to it being less greasy. To treat ourselves, we bought the real stuff (a nice applewood smoked thick slice) and I forgot how good the real stuff was. We've now switched back to real bacon and I have been experimenting with different cooking methods. I lined the inside and top of a broiler pan with tin foil and cut small slits in the top layer for the grease to drip into the bottom of the pan and placed it in the oven. It cooked it nice & crispy but was still a mess w/ the tin foil. Last week I made a little packet w/ double layer tin foil and laid the bacon inside. I closed up the packet and used a fork to poke holes on either side and the put in on the BBQ. the first time I did it, the heat was too high and I burned it, the second time I tried it, i lowered the heat and it worked perfectly! the little holes allow the grease to drip out slowly and you get nice crispy bacon. You have to make sure the flames aren't too high otherwise it can start a fire and you just need to keep an eye on it. once it was done, I just put the bacon on some paper towel and left the tin foil on the BBQ to let the remaining grease cool & harden - then through it all way.

This only works if you don't save the bacon grease for other cooking. I would like to but hubby thinks it's disgusting.

A grill with a drip pan works great, I can do bacon on my Traeger by just throwing it on the rack.

We are going to be buying one next time we are in the States - they are way to expensive in Canada. We had a Bradley smoker which worked okay but we both like the concept of the Traeger more.

Don't tell my hubby, but I'm getting him a Traeger for Father's Day. ;) Maybe I'll cook him some real bacon on it.

@quiksylver296 Don't waste your money on a Traeger. Go for a Green Mountain instead. Here's a link to buy one from a company with outstanding customer service.
    www.Waltonsinc.com

I wouldn't say a new Traeger is a waste of money, they're still very good grills. Mine is around 6 years old and so far the only issue I have is the drip pan rusting. I will agree that if I were buying a new one it would be a Green Mountain though I've been very impressed with the ones I've seen.

I just recently bought my husband the Wi-Fi upgrade kit for his Daniel Boone. He already had the one with the remote, but I thought this would be more convenient since he has a habit of losing the remote, but almost always has his phone on him. Great investment.

We've used that grill for everything from hot dogs to heating up leftover pizza. He even baked a sweet potato pie for Thanksgiving a few years ago.

• riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

I take my kindle in when I take a bath but I perch myself over the edge of the tub tub so the kindle isn't over water, I know I'm weird. B)

I do this too!
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Today I got a call from the boyfriends mom asking for help/direction on how to lose weight for herself and her husband. I spent 20 minutes or so helping calculate stuff for them (hello scooby's workshop, I love you!) and breaking things down for them. I'm secretly super proud of myself that people come to me for advise when it's comes to weight loss and exercise.
  • festerw
    festerw Posts: 233 Member
    Options

W

www.Waltonsinc.com

I just recently bought my husband the Wi-Fi upgrade kit for his Daniel Boone. He already had the one with the remote, but I thought this would be more convenient since he has a habit of losing the remote, but almost always has his phone on him. Great investment.

We've used that grill for everything from hot dogs to heating up leftover pizza. He even baked a sweet potato pie for Thanksgiving a few years ago.

We use it pretty much exclusively in the summer for everything from fries to brownies, great being able to not fire up the oven when it's 95 degrees and humid.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Confession: Today was my first day back at work since noon on Friday...and I already caught up on everything. No one expects me to be caught up already, so I can totally be a bum tomorrow and no one will notice.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options

Also, the people I call the "non-scrollers" - you send them an email and they check it on their phone and only read the portion that shows on the screen, not scrolling down to read the entire message. This is particularly irksome when you send a detailed email and someone doesn't bother to read the whole thing and something ends up NOT being done.

I had to have a tough love email conversation with my seafood vendor. At the end of the email I requested a very detailed report, he confirmed the email. 2 days go by and I don't have the report or any progress. So I call him up and I'm like where's the report, and he had no idea what I was talking about, I emailed him his confirmation. He's not my favorite vendor and he knows it.

Yes, exactly! Then it makes you look bad when something work-related doesn't get done. Blaming someone else (even though they are at fault for not thoroughly reading a message) makes you look even worse. I've just learned that there a lot of people I cannot communicate with via email if I really want something done correctly.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    MissLaaber wrote: »
    Today I got a call from the boyfriends mom asking for help/direction on how to lose weight for herself and her husband. I spent 20 minutes or so helping calculate stuff for them (hello scooby's workshop, I love you!) and breaking things down for them. I'm secretly super proud of myself that people come to me for advise when it's comes to weight loss and exercise.

That IS cool! Even better if they actually stick to it and get healthy. If not, at least you've already done your part.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    I have 40 min. left of my work day and then I can officially say I survived tax season! From years of experience, however, I'm not going to celebrate until I successfully get out the door. I have had way too many last-minute requests and desperate pleads for help. Don't we all own a calendar at this point?! Oh yeah, there's one on the phone that is incessantly in everyone's hands. Sorry. End of rant.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I have 40 min. left of my work day and then I can officially say I survived tax season! From years of experience, however, I'm not going to celebrate until I successfully get out the door. I have had way too many last-minute requests and desperate pleads for help. Don't we all own a calendar at this point?! Oh yeah, there's one on the phone that is incessantly in everyone's hands. Sorry. End of rant.

HA!! there's a big cooking contest on Sunday, that all of the Chef's here are taking part in. One of the cooks, not Chef's came over and asked if they had ordered a bunch of micro-greens and specialty produce and I'm like nope, she thought I was kidding.

She's going to be sore when her edamame (sp) and small root bites aren't here.

Rut Roh Raggy!