Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• tiona83
    tiona83 Posts: 99 Member
    edited April 2015
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    vmlabute wrote: »
    I wear the same jeans over and over until they get dirty...then I have to wash them

I can't imagine. After one or two wears, my jeans are too loose to wear. I wash every piece of clothing, every time I wear it unless I only wore it for a couple of hours. Workout gear, I wash every time. I do re-use my towels, though.

This has become my issue right now. I used to go a week or so wearing the same jeans.

I've always wished I could re-wear the same jeans but I can't stand the wrinkles behind the knees and at the thighs that jeans get frome when you wear them. I'm a wash after every time I wear kind of gal :)

I don't mind the wrinkles, but I have the lycra issue BZAH10 mentioned. I can size down in a waist but not my thighs, so if I don't wash my jeans more often they slip down when I sit. I hate over washing because make the jeans lose color sooner (I wear dark jeans).

Wash your jeans wrong side out. It helps the colour last longer. I sometimes wash a bunch of faded clothes with a pack of dye to darken them.
    I know you might still be loosing weight.... But getting them altered by a seamstress will help with the falling down issue you are having.
    Edited: forgot to say I have big thighs too and have trouble with the waist fitting if I get them big enough for my thighs.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,723 Member
    festerw wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    jlnoble513 wrote: »
    @AngryViking1970 what does turkey bacon taste like? I'm scared to try it lol. I don't like turkey

Uh...like bacon? LOL It doesn't taste like turkey, but it has a different texture than regular bacon for sure. It's much firmer and doesn't really get crispy. Try it!

But not really. I have decided that it's not worth the few calories I save. Life is too short!

This is the truest statement I've heard in quite some time! I feel 100% the same way. I'll save calories somewhere else. When I want bacon, I want BACON!
    I'll second that! I use this mentality with butter vs. margarine, cream vs. creamer, and whipped cream vs. cool whip. I would rather have the real stuff than the "fake".
    W
    I usually go for the real instead of a substitute, but I really do prefer turkey bacon. It's always a mess to cook regular (albeit delicious) bacon and when I order it out, it's usually all floppy and super gross.

Hubby and I ate turkey bacon for quite some time due to it being less greasy. To treat ourselves, we bought the real stuff (a nice applewood smoked thick slice) and I forgot how good the real stuff was. We've now switched back to real bacon and I have been experimenting with different cooking methods. I lined the inside and top of a broiler pan with tin foil and cut small slits in the top layer for the grease to drip into the bottom of the pan and placed it in the oven. It cooked it nice & crispy but was still a mess w/ the tin foil. Last week I made a little packet w/ double layer tin foil and laid the bacon inside. I closed up the packet and used a fork to poke holes on either side and the put in on the BBQ. the first time I did it, the heat was too high and I burned it, the second time I tried it, i lowered the heat and it worked perfectly! the little holes allow the grease to drip out slowly and you get nice crispy bacon. You have to make sure the flames aren't too high otherwise it can start a fire and you just need to keep an eye on it. once it was done, I just put the bacon on some paper towel and left the tin foil on the BBQ to let the remaining grease cool & harden - then through it all way.

This only works if you don't save the bacon grease for other cooking. I would like to but hubby thinks it's disgusting.

A grill with a drip pan works great, I can do bacon on my Traeger by just throwing it on the rack.

We are going to be buying one next time we are in the States - they are way to expensive in Canada. We had a Bradley smoker which worked okay but we both like the concept of the Traeger more.

Don't tell my hubby, but I'm getting him a Traeger for Father's Day. ;) Maybe I'll cook him some real bacon on it.

@quiksylver296 Don't waste your money on a Traeger. Go for a Green Mountain instead. Here's a link to buy one from a company with outstanding customer service.
    www.Waltonsinc.com

Not sure why the link didn't work but trust me.

I wouldn't say a new Traeger is a waste of money, they're still very good grills. Mine is around 6 years old and so far the only issue I have is the drip pan rusting. I will agree that if I were buying a new one it would be a Green Mountain though I've been very impressed with the ones I've seen.

I just recently bought my husband the Wi-Fi upgrade kit for his Daniel Boone. He already had the one with the remote, but I thought this would be more convenient since he has a habit of losing the remote, but almost always has his phone on him. Great investment.

We've used that grill for everything from hot dogs to heating up leftover pizza. He even baked a sweet potato pie for Thanksgiving a few years ago.

• riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    AlciaMode wrote: »
    I confess I don't log Ketchup. For no particular reason I just won't log it.

MFP has murdered my love of ketchup. I am now forced to siracha everything. Oh man I miss ketchup, but I fear if I have some I will just pour the whole bottle down my throat I love it so much.

Here is a lil backwards confession. I miss my fat gut every time I take a bath. It was like a perfect table to lay my computer, or book, or whatever on while i soaked for hours. Now that I am 25lbs less (!!!) barely anything sticks out of the water and I have to hold everything up.

But one of those bathtub trays and enjoy your 25 lb. loss! Even with a tray I don't think I'd trust myself to have a laptop with me in the tub. That thing would be accidentally submerged within a matter of minutes.

Me too. I take my tablet in the bath sometimes, but I am so nervous that I'm going to drop it one of these days.

I take my kindle in when I take a bath but I perch myself over the edge of the tub tub so the kindle isn't over water, I know I'm weird. B)

I do this too!
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Today I got a call from the boyfriends mom asking for help/direction on how to lose weight for herself and her husband. I spent 20 minutes or so helping calculate stuff for them (hello scooby's workshop, I love you!) and breaking things down for them. I'm secretly super proud of myself that people come to me for advise when it's comes to weight loss and exercise.
  • festerw
    festerw Posts: 233 Member
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    jlnoble513 wrote: »
    @AngryViking1970 what does turkey bacon taste like? I'm scared to try it lol. I don't like turkey

Uh...like bacon? LOL It doesn't taste like turkey, but it has a different texture than regular bacon for sure. It's much firmer and doesn't really get crispy. Try it!

But not really. I have decided that it's not worth the few calories I save. Life is too short!

This is the truest statement I've heard in quite some time! I feel 100% the same way. I'll save calories somewhere else. When I want bacon, I want BACON!
    I'll second that! I use this mentality with butter vs. margarine, cream vs. creamer, and whipped cream vs. cool whip. I would rather have the real stuff than the "fake".
    W
    I usually go for the real instead of a substitute, but I really do prefer turkey bacon. It's always a mess to cook regular (albeit delicious) bacon and when I order it out, it's usually all floppy and super gross.

Hubby and I ate turkey bacon for quite some time due to it being less greasy. To treat ourselves, we bought the real stuff (a nice applewood smoked thick slice) and I forgot how good the real stuff was. We've now switched back to real bacon and I have been experimenting with different cooking methods. I lined the inside and top of a broiler pan with tin foil and cut small slits in the top layer for the grease to drip into the bottom of the pan and placed it in the oven. It cooked it nice & crispy but was still a mess w/ the tin foil. Last week I made a little packet w/ double layer tin foil and laid the bacon inside. I closed up the packet and used a fork to poke holes on either side and the put in on the BBQ. the first time I did it, the heat was too high and I burned it, the second time I tried it, i lowered the heat and it worked perfectly! the little holes allow the grease to drip out slowly and you get nice crispy bacon. You have to make sure the flames aren't too high otherwise it can start a fire and you just need to keep an eye on it. once it was done, I just put the bacon on some paper towel and left the tin foil on the BBQ to let the remaining grease cool & harden - then through it all way.

This only works if you don't save the bacon grease for other cooking. I would like to but hubby thinks it's disgusting.

A grill with a drip pan works great, I can do bacon on my Traeger by just throwing it on the rack.

We are going to be buying one next time we are in the States - they are way to expensive in Canada. We had a Bradley smoker which worked okay but we both like the concept of the Traeger more.

Don't tell my hubby, but I'm getting him a Traeger for Father's Day. ;) Maybe I'll cook him some real bacon on it.

@quiksylver296 Don't waste your money on a Traeger. Go for a Green Mountain instead. Here's a link to buy one from a company with outstanding customer service.
    www.Waltonsinc.com

Not sure why the link didn't work but trust me.

I wouldn't say a new Traeger is a waste of money, they're still very good grills. Mine is around 6 years old and so far the only issue I have is the drip pan rusting. I will agree that if I were buying a new one it would be a Green Mountain though I've been very impressed with the ones I've seen.

I just recently bought my husband the Wi-Fi upgrade kit for his Daniel Boone. He already had the one with the remote, but I thought this would be more convenient since he has a habit of losing the remote, but almost always has his phone on him. Great investment.

We've used that grill for everything from hot dogs to heating up leftover pizza. He even baked a sweet potato pie for Thanksgiving a few years ago.

We use it pretty much exclusively in the summer for everything from fries to brownies, great being able to not fire up the oven when it's 95 degrees and humid.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Confession: Today was my first day back at work since noon on Friday...and I already caught up on everything. No one expects me to be caught up already, so I can totally be a bum tomorrow and no one will notice.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,738 Member
    If anyone remembers my confession about Restaurant Manager that wants to buy cakes when we have 3 full time bakers. Well he's been pretty short/crappy with me ever since he had to make a quarter sheet cake. He went so far as to duck behind a wall thinking I didn't see him, one day.

He called me on my cell phone yesterday while I was out at lunch and when I answered I said

"This is my personal cellphone, call me back on my office line."

He made an exasperated noise and hung up.

He calls back 10 seconds later, "you're not in the office."

I said " I know, I'm at lunch, talk to you later."

Bwahahahahaaa! But did he call back after lunch?

Yes, to tell me to do something I did two days prior, because you know, he doesn't read his emails.

HATE that. Also hate when you leave someone a message and they just call back and ask what you called for. Don't even bother to listen to the message.

Also, the people I call the "non-scrollers" - you send them an email and they check it on their phone and only read the portion that shows on the screen, not scrolling down to read the entire message. This is particularly irksome when you send a detailed email and someone doesn't bother to read the whole thing and something ends up NOT being done.

I had to have a tough love email conversation with my seafood vendor. At the end of the email I requested a very detailed report, he confirmed the email. 2 days go by and I don't have the report or any progress. So I call him up and I'm like where's the report, and he had no idea what I was talking about, I emailed him his confirmation. He's not my favorite vendor and he knows it.

Yes, exactly! Then it makes you look bad when something work-related doesn't get done. Blaming someone else (even though they are at fault for not thoroughly reading a message) makes you look even worse. I've just learned that there a lot of people I cannot communicate with via email if I really want something done correctly.
  • tulips_and_tea
    MissLaaber wrote: »
    Today I got a call from the boyfriends mom asking for help/direction on how to lose weight for herself and her husband. I spent 20 minutes or so helping calculate stuff for them (hello scooby's workshop, I love you!) and breaking things down for them. I'm secretly super proud of myself that people come to me for advise when it's comes to weight loss and exercise.

That IS cool! Even better if they actually stick to it and get healthy. If not, at least you've already done your part.
  • tulips_and_tea
    I have 40 min. left of my work day and then I can officially say I survived tax season! From years of experience, however, I'm not going to celebrate until I successfully get out the door. I have had way too many last-minute requests and desperate pleads for help. Don't we all own a calendar at this point?! Oh yeah, there's one on the phone that is incessantly in everyone's hands. Sorry. End of rant.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    I have 40 min. left of my work day and then I can officially say I survived tax season! From years of experience, however, I'm not going to celebrate until I successfully get out the door. I have had way too many last-minute requests and desperate pleads for help. Don't we all own a calendar at this point?! Oh yeah, there's one on the phone that is incessantly in everyone's hands. Sorry. End of rant.

HA!! there's a big cooking contest on Sunday, that all of the Chef's here are taking part in. One of the cooks, not Chef's came over and asked if they had ordered a bunch of micro-greens and specialty produce and I'm like nope, she thought I was kidding.

She's going to be sore when her edamame (sp) and small root bites aren't here.

Rut Roh Raggy!
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    bkhamill wrote: »

MFP has murdered my love of ketchup. I am now forced to siracha everything. Oh man I miss ketchup, but I fear if I have some I will just pour the whole bottle down my throat I love it so much.

Here is a lil backwards confession. I miss my fat gut every time I take a bath. It was like a perfect table to lay my computer, or book, or whatever on while i soaked for hours. Now that I am 25lbs less (!!!) barely anything sticks out of the water and I have to hold everything up.

I am sooo the opposite of this, I love being able to get all of me under the water... had not been able to in about 30 years until recently losing 60+ lbs.

On the list of things that never occurred to me to check when we bought this house - the tub was kind of shallow and really short. We remodeled the bathroom a few years ago, and top priority was a tub I could sit in without having to bend my knees. I still can't get all of me under, though. Not sure they make tubs that long.

New reason to win the lottery.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    JPW1990 wrote: »

I am sooo the opposite of this, I love being able to get all of me under the water... had not been able to in about 30 years until recently losing 60+ lbs.

On the list of things that never occurred to me to check when we bought this house - the tub was kind of shallow and really short. We remodeled the bathroom a few years ago, and top priority was a tub I could sit in without having to bend my knees. I still can't get all of me under, though. Not sure they make tubs that long.

I have a nice deep garden tub.
  • JPW1990

I'm jealous of your tub. I want one like that, but there's no way to do it unless we knock out a wall and turn a bedroom into part of the bathroom.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    My tub is a tub/shower combination. It's a rounded (connected to the wall of course) old cast iron tub. The only reason it's still here is it's too heavy to get rid of it I imagine.
  • tulips_and_tea

HA!! there's a big cooking contest on Sunday, that all of the Chef's here are taking part in. One of the cooks, not Chef's came over and asked if they had ordered a bunch of micro-greens and specialty produce and I'm like nope, she thought I was kidding.

Rut Roh Raggy!

Hahaha! That sounds like fun! Do you get to taste-test all the entries? What are the rules of the contest? I mean, are there specific dishes they are making or is it "best dish"?
  • tulips_and_tea

I am unable to take a bath because I cannot justify "wasting" all of that water! However, I do let my grandkids play in the bath and outside in the water, so I'm not a complete Scrooge. I just feel it's kind of a waste of water for myself. Then again, I prefer a sauna to relax in rather than a bathtub.
  • AgentOrangeJuice

Rut Roh Raggy!

Hahaha! That sounds like fun! Do you get to taste-test all the entries? What are the rules of the contest? I mean, are there specific dishes they are making or is it "best dish"?

It's by category,

Poultry
    Beef
    Pig
    Farm to Table
    Fusion

And I could taste the dishes, but I'm not going to a food show on a Sunday.
  • tulips_and_tea

Rut Roh Raggy!

It's by category,

Poultry
    Beef
    Pig
    Farm to Table
    Fusion

And I could taste the dishes, but I'm not going to a food show on a Sunday.

Interesting. Yeah, if it's actual work, then forget it. Gotta have some time off on the weekends.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    I love nerdcore rap.

MC Chris
    MC Frontalot
    Jesse Dangerously
    Optimus Rhyme

just to name a few.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member

I'm for some reason incapable of not waiting until the last minute with my taxes (I almost always get an extension, and I typically do my estimate and file for that on 4/15, which I did today). I really don't know what the heck is wrong with me, but at least I did not bother anyone else with it except for those who had to endure my bad mood today. Turbo Tax.
  • lyrical_melody
    lyrical_melody Posts: 242 Member
    AllTheNoms wrote: »
    I used to make butter sandwiches. Butter? Good. Bread? Good.

It really is a wonder how I ended up overweight.

@AllTheNoms ...I do the EXACT same thing!!!!!

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Ok so my confession - I hate baths. They actually completely gross me out. It's childhood trauma from my mom never rinsing the tub before giving us baths and my dad's hair floating all over. Just so freaking gross.

I still freak out when the shower drain is getting clogged and water keeps accumulating and cannot take showers in public places like the gym, I get completely grossed out by any hair on the drains... even mine.

Needless to say, my husband can keep asking about going camping, it's just not happening.
  • tulips_and_tea
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

I'm for some reason incapable of not waiting until the last minute with my taxes (I almost always get an extension, and I typically do my estimate and file for that on 4/15, which I did today). I really don't know what the heck is wrong with me, but at least I did not bother anyone else with it except for those who had to endure my bad mood today. Turbo Tax.

That's the thing, if you want to wait, fine. Just don't expect other people to take care of it for you! I know you don't, so I'm pointing that out and appreciating it. I have people dump it on my like it's MY problem. Five minutes and counting down...
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Ok so my confession - I hate baths. They actually completely gross me out. It's childhood trauma from my mom never rinsing the tub before giving us baths and my dad's hair floating all over. Just so freaking gross.

I still freak out when the shower drain is getting clogged and water keeps accumulating and cannot take showers in public places like the gym, I get completely grossed out by any hair on the drains... even mine.

Needless to say, my husband can keep asking about going camping, it's just not happening.

Ahhhh now I'm going to have bath nightmares tonight! That is super gross I can understand your intense dislike for baths!
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »

Lol, I would also NEVER go camping unless I had access to a clean bathroom for the whole time we're there :joy:
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    We just put party hats on and danced around the house as a celebration because my 2 year old did a wee on the potty. I'm debating whether or not to bake cupcakes lmfao
    I'm such a weird mummy
  • JPW1990
    We just put party hats on and danced around the house as a celebration because my 2 year old did a wee on the potty. I'm debating whether or not to bake cupcakes lmfao
    I'm such a weird mummy

When my son was in daycare, another mom brought in a sheet cake for the entire class when her son got out of pull ups. Beware the precedent you set ;)
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,371 Member
    And yet another rant... despite buying tights labelled as suitable for women up to 5'11" (and I am only 5'9"), I have once again spent the day in tights whose crotch sat about 2" below mine. Don't even get me started on the weight range... which begins about 30 lbs heavier than I am.

Well, if nothing else, the damned tights shortened my stride so I probably ended up logging more steps on my lunch hour walk. Guess there's a bright side.
  • tiona83
    tiona83 Posts: 99 Member
    My husband and I have a 12 year old youkie named Mandy (our first child) who is on heart Medicin. The vet says do what you have to to get her to take them. (It seems to get harder and harder. Damn clever dog) So for the confession part 1: I fed her the Medicin in the last meatball so I wouldn't eat it. Now the poor thing has gas and looks miserable.
    She won't even play with my husband. Who teases Mandy about an invisible bone. She continues to nip at him with her tail a wagging. Confession 2: it's a little annoying after a while and I hope she actually nips him at some stage. Not that it would hurt because she had to have her bottom front teeth removed about a year ago.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,371 Member
    tiona83 wrote: »
    My husband and I have a 12 year old youkie named Mandy (our first child) who is on heart Medicin. The vet says do what you have to to get her to take them. (It seems to get harder and harder. Damn clever dog) So for the confession part 1: I fed her the Medicin in the last meatball so I wouldn't eat it. Now the poor thing has gas and looks miserable.
    She won't even play with my husband. Who teases Mandy about an invisible bone. She continues to nip at him with her tail a wagging. Confession 2: it's a little annoying after a while and I hope she actually nips him at some stage. Not that it would hurt because she had to have her bottom front teeth removed about a year ago.

My former dog took thyroid medication for 10 years, twice a day. I used to buy cheap processed cheese slices, tear off a small piece, and squish/fold his pill inside that. He gobbled it up. Just to be fair, the other dog got a small piece of cheese too, without a pill.

I never used the cheese slices for anything else and they lasted quite well for a few days.