40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Larro, love the tiller!

I'm actually off on a Saturday, which is very odd. I think I'm just going to workout and then enjoy the day. I have a quilt and an art project that could use a little attention.
  • JackieUnlimited
    JackieUnlimited Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday everyone! It has been a beautiful sunny day here, not a cloud in the sky....bit of a cool breeze this afternoon. Great morning for a 20 minute run with the dog and we have done 2 walks since with at least 1 more to come. Big thing will be to not eat all the calories I've burned, but that has gotten easier.

Love all the pictures! Have to get my yard ready yet for planting like all of you. Clearly that is a good idea to grow things if you have even a little space, it will off set the sometimes more expensive grocery shopping plus the satisfaction of enjoying the taste of something you've grown. :D

I and really loving tracking everything from any exercising to everything I'm eating. Yes I do go over my calories at times, still working on not eating everything I burn off. Getting there.

I was at my friend's place the other night and showed her that my pants were getting loser around my waist and out of her 3 year old son "Skinny Jackie" I had to laugh. Not yet but working on it.

Have a fantastic day everyone and keep checking your nutrition for the day. I've found that has really been helpful for me. Anyone else or am I alone on that?
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,959 Member
    Options
    Good pic, larro. Nice workout, 3fur.

Got in my scheduled cardio, today. ZOOM!
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    BettyM1017 wrote: »
    Larro, love the tiller!

I'm actually off on a Saturday, which is very odd. I think I'm just going to workout and then enjoy the day. I have a quilt and an art project that could use a little attention.

I had the day off too. There was a wedding on the books, but they hadn't paid their deposit. Margie, Cousin Helen and I went for a nice walk this morning. Then I got a little work out of them, helping put up wire for the gourds to grow on.

I had gone to sleep on the couch after lunch with the race on TV and reading a good book, when I woke up to a bunch of laughing and carrying on. Some of their friends came over to the house before their get together tonight. {I was able to gracefully decline their invitation to join them}

Should find something productive to do, but I think I'll just try to find where I stopped watching the race and get back to my book.

Hope everyone had a good day,

Larro

Here is the delayed numbers for the week:

20.9% Body Fat
    23.9 BMI
    170.9 Pounds

That is a gain of 1.0 pounds for the week, exceeding my wildest expectations.
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Kettlebell and Kickboxing! Which is good since it was followed by party Nibblies and cake. Actually got a burn sitting on the deck with our guests!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    All set for one of the largest fireworks display in the US. THUNDER OVER LOUISVILLE! !! A great day to be in Kentucky
  • allenpriest
    Options
    Here with about 700,000 of my closest friends
  • allenpriest
    Options
    Now I have to wait here in my office until at least 650,000 of those friends leave before I can get my car out and head home. :o
  • allenpriest
    Options
    They did. I can. Great show!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Day: 7 of INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Volume 1 Strength"=Done!
  • webbeyes
    webbeyes Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Well, Fitbit steps read "zero" yesterday. That's because it sat on my desk while I washed, primed and painted walls. Wheeeee!
  • youmeandthesea
    youmeandthesea Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am thrilled to find this 40's thread. I am 47, have always been active and would like to continue growing old gracefully, eating healthy and living a physically active lifestyle. Thanks for starting this thread! Have a super day everyone!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Day: 8 of INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Volume 1 Back to Core"=Done!
  • StephannieL
    StephannieL Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Morning Cool Kids!!!!
    Was off all of last week cause I had to work the weekend to help cover a co-workers vacation. Not a fan of spending nights here at the hospital as I tend to eat horribly. However, I did log 7 some odd miles on Saturday and 9.02 yesterday running around this hospital. It may be small but we can be busy. LOL

Back to my regular job in my department today which generally means less moving around. But maybe I will be able to sneak out for a walk later if it doesn't rain.

Hope that everyone has been enjoying the emergence of spring. It's FINALLY starting to feel like it here in Vermont! :)
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    It's Monday- blah! I had a good weekend overall. I went to see hubby on Saturday and had a good visit. We got to sit outside and enjoy the sunshine. Yesterday I basically finished my unpacking and now I have a car load to drop off at good will on my lunch break. I did go and walk this morning, but woke up with absolutely no energy what-so-ever so I didn't do anything else. I guess a little is better than nothing!

I did take some pictures of the waterfalls, but my computer was not cooperating with me on Saturday so I did not get them uploaded. If I get a few minutes, I might try tonight. They turned out really nice.

Have a good day all!
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Good Monday Morning Cool Kids.

Webb, you did the work. That is what matters. Painting will make you find muscles you didn't know you had.

YM&S, welcome. It's good to see another Florida person on here.

Gam3, you are rocking the Asylum. Good work.

Stephannie, 7 miles is a lot of steps. Long weeks are good for you wallet as well as your waistline. Keep up the good work.

I looked in yesterday but there wasn't much going on. My baby shower yesterday afternoon turned into a nighttime event, so I ate with them, then ate my regularly scheduled supper when I got home. The result of which caused me to do 20 minutes on the Gazelle while I watched the end of the F1 race from Abu Dhabi last night. I was still a little in the red at bedtime. That is just the 2nd time I have gone to bed in the red since joining MFP. {But I am trying to gain a couple of pounds}

We are having an early morning thunderstorm here. I think it has rained every day now for at least two weeks. If it doesn't drowned my garden, it will sure be growing.

Hope everyone's week is off to a great start,

Larro
  • StephannieL
    StephannieL Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Thanks Larro! The 9 miles yesterday really surprised me. My feet still hurt today. That can't be good. LOL
  • MistyBlue9
    MistyBlue9 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi all i'm 43 from England and i wanna be a cool kid! Anyone wants to add me feel free :)
  • Emmalusmom
    Emmalusmom Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I had a really good weekend. I did a lot of walking with my mom on Saturday. I did my food prep for the first part of the week, so I am proud of that.

I am with Larro it has rained for so many days in a row here I am thinking about building an ark. LOL! But it has finally stopped for a few days or at least I hope, maybe now I can get some walking in this week. I did a few workout videos online last week but my Surface Pro wants to update all the time. (So Frustrating!) I mean right in the middle of a good sweat and the thing wants to restart. If anyone knows how to stop or delay this please share.

I am glad to see that everyone is doing so well and being active. Have an awesome day everyone!
  • RobinD16
    RobinD16 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose 20-25, but I would settle for at least 10-15. I have tried to lose weight for about 3-4 years now. I found out I had a thyroid issue. I had to have a portion removed. Since then I have not gained weight but I cannot lose what I gained in the past. I have managed to lose 2-3 pounds here and there but I cannot lose much more. I work with someone who has had a thyroid problem for many years. She is convinced that she cannot lose weight. I don't believe that. I have watched her eat and she eats too much and too many carbs for a sedentary person. We have a desk job. She will go on walks from time to time. She is a very nice person but I find her repulsive. I do not want to end up like that. I don't want diabetes, which is in my family or any other health problems from being overweight. Any good advice or good recipes? I am 45 years old.