Ladies - How many pounds for YOU to lose a pants size?

Replies

• mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Merkavar wrote: »
    What is a pants size? My pants are in cm.

At a guess I lost like 1cm for ever 3 kg lost.

List around the 40kg mark and lost like 15cm off my pants. But I didn't keep accurate measurements of my pants.

Didn't see this was aimed at ladies, maybe why I don't know what a pants size is.

In the US women's pants are not usually in inches/cm...just sizes 0 & up. Not all manufactures use the same size scale so a size 10 in one band can be a 6 - 14 in another. It's a PITA.
  • mom2ava07
    mom2ava07 Posts: 186 Member
    I've lost 30 lbs, and went from a 14 to a 6 or 8 depending on the brand.
  • velveteen7845
    velveteen7845 Posts: 70 Member
    JamieATX wrote: »
    At 85 lbs lost, I have only lost 4 sizes. It's like layers on an onion. The smaller you get the fewer pounds between sizes.

That was much more eloquent and made more sense than my version.

• Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    johbro wrote: »
    5'8" I'm guessing 15 pounds for me. I assume this differs person to person according to where you carry your extra fat. I have a belly which seems determined to stay longer. My legs and breasts are smaller.

Same.
  • hsmith0930
    hsmith0930 Posts: 160 Member
    edited April 2015
    It's hard to say for me. I have jeans that are 22's that fit me (and fit me before) but they have some elastic in them so they are made to fit snugger. But I also have size 18 old navy Pixie pants. I also have size 16 Old Navy Pixie shorts that fit better than the size 16 regular khaki shorts from Old Navy. I cannot, however, fit into the size 15/16 Maruices jeans I have from 7 or so years ago. Definitely can't fit into the size 14 Levis yet, but that is my goal for before Christmas!

ETA: I started at 228 and am 214.6, so I've lost a little less than 14 pounds.
  • tekkiechikk
    tekkiechikk Posts: 375 Member
    It depends a lot on the clothing manufacturer, too. Lee Jeans Slender Secret were my favorites, but they made them 'new and improved,' slapped a new name on them and now I wear a BIGGER size than before, even though I've lost weight. My old size 20 is now their new size 22, which means I'm still fitting into a size 20 based on their sizing, despite losing 27 lbs. I don't like vanity sizing but this is just as bad :-\
  • mskinner1091
    mskinner1091 Posts: 180 Member
    It took about 30lbs for me to go from size 8/10 jeans to size 5/6.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    I've lost a little over 20 lbs and am only down one size, from 13 to 11. 9's were too small. Maybe I'd fit in a 10.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    About 12-15 lbs.
  • DKG28
    DKG28 Posts: 299 Member
    5'5". At 193 I wore a tight size 16. now at 173, i'm still a size 16, but not tight anymore. I'm pear shaped. I'm hoping that I can wear at 12 at my goal weight of 150, but i'm beginning to be skeptical.
  • jnmrie
    jnmrie Posts: 145 Member
    I'm currently at 22 pounds lost and have not been able to comfortably "size down" yet. I think it definitely has to do with my body shape as my hips and thighs are much larger than the rest of my body. I have noticed my work pants become a bit looser though.
  • Missy022014
    Missy022014 Posts: 86 Member
    mkakids wrote: »
    Thanks for the input! I was just curious because it takes me about 20# which seemed like alot (im pretty proportional top and bottom...not a pear or apple) to go down a size. Im currently 218 and in a size 16 (loose but 14's are tight).

The difference from a 16 to a 14 is a big step! It's a bigger difference than a 14 to a 12 for some reason. I've lost 22 lbs total (17.6 on MFP) and I'm not even close to dropping to the 14 from the 16.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Down 21.6 today and still waiting to go down a size.
  • ek0513
    ek0513 Posts: 147 Member
    This is sort of confusing, but I will try to explain as best as I can. My starting weight was about 185 lbs, and I lost about 30 lbs from January of 2014 till now, since I'm at 155lbs. when I first lost weight, it took me about 6 months to go from the size 10 U.S. Jeans I was in when I was 185 lbs to a size 8. At that point, when I got a new jean size I was probably 160 lbs. I went from 8 to size 6 pretty fast after that, even though I didn't lose many pounds. I am now a size 4, and I am still practically the same weight I was when I was a size 8. Idk if I am just weird, or if that's normal, but that's just how it happened. I can also fit in size two jeans in some stores, so jean sizes are just weird! I'm 5'4" btw.
  • marmaladepixie
    marmaladepixie Posts: 83 Member
    edited April 2015
    honestly i can't tell anymore... different brands/cuts of pants have crazy differences in sizing anyway. I have pants that are size 2 through 10, and they all fit great. I have one pair of jeans that have no stretch, size 4, and they zip up without any problems when I am 123 or so. I am 132 now, 5'4" and they aren't even close to fitting.
  • Frequently_Fabulous
    Frequently_Fabulous Posts: 131 Member
    10-15.
  • Cking1162
    Cking1162 Posts: 65 Member
    ive lost 12 lbs and have not lost a pant size...I am thinking it is going to take me 20-25 lbs before my pants change.
  • alexistexas33
    alexistexas33 Posts: 121 Member
    I am jealous of all you saying 10 pounds, I have lost about 30 and still no change
  • amandammmq
    amandammmq Posts: 394 Member
    20-30 pounds. It sounds like a lot, but I'm 5'11" and am 100% pear shaped! I lose all of the weight everywhere else but my hips and thighs first! Plus, my hips are quite wide. I'm currently at my heaviest, and wear a size 16, and when I was 60 pounds lighter, I was a size 12 and could SOMETIMES squeeze into a 10.

It really is interesting how different it is from person to person!
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Roughly 10 pounds - depends on the brands.