Why do most hide their food diaries but boast their exercise logs?

Options

Replies

• gonebeast
    gonebeast Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I keep mine open, many times I thought about closing it because I skipped meals or ate crap. I was ashamed. I didn't. You can judge me if u want.

I wish more people kept their open so I could take ideas for meals, maybe I'll find a meal that's really good.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Emilia777 wrote: »
    Mine's public. I've never had anyone negatively comment on my intake - but I seriously wouldn't care if they did. I'm happy with where I am, and my success. So if people want to judge me for eating a ridiculous amount of chinese take out tonight - go for it.

Girl, I'm going to drool over your Chinese take out consumption tonight.

Just like I did that pretzel-crusted brownie thing.

I gluten stalk my friend's diaries and live vicariously.

I still dream about that brownie.

Wait what? What is this pretzel-brownie hybrid and where can I get one?

It's at 54th Street, if you have one near you. It's a salted caramel brownie - pretzel crust, chocolate sauce, salt, vanilla bean ice cream. It was more amazing than words.

Those are a great appetizer at 54th Street.

Next time I'm not going to share and it's going to be my main course.
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Mine's public. I've never had anyone negatively comment on my intake - but I seriously wouldn't care if they did. I'm happy with where I am, and my success. So if people want to judge me for eating a ridiculous amount of chinese take out tonight - go for it.

Girl, I'm going to drool over your Chinese take out consumption tonight.

Just like I did that pretzel-crusted brownie thing.

I gluten stalk my friend's diaries and live vicariously.

I still dream about that brownie.

Wait what? What is this pretzel-brownie hybrid and where can I get one?

It's at 54th Street, if you have one near you. It's a salted caramel brownie - pretzel crust, chocolate sauce, salt, vanilla bean ice cream. It was more amazing than words.

Those are a great appetizer at 54th Street.

Oh WOW. Thank you both for the info and @TheVirgoddess for the pic. I can’t even. I live in Ontario, Canada. No such thing nearby :bawling: The only solution is to try and make it… seems like a legit thing to have for lunch for a week.
  • Ms_J1
    Ms_J1 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Some people won't log the bad things or that massive hamburger that sent them way over because they're worried about what their friends will think.... And are too embarrassed.

This is so me! I'll start logging and then sometime after dinner, I'll eat something ridiculous and totally inappropriate - like 12 cups of popcorn or three Quest bars (or.. gulp.. both!). Albeit, the popcorn is air popped but who am I kidding? - I spray on at least 10 servings of popcorn spray and sprinkle on at least 4 servings of Kernel Popcorn Seasoning before I even taste test it (the only good news is I at least recycle the seasoning that falls to the bottom of the bowl). Once the day is ruined, I stop logging and don't even bother to publish my diary. And what's weird about it is that my MFP friends are awesome and I have no reason to hide it from them. I think it's my way of hiding it from myself. Sometimes, I'll feel so guilty about it, I'll confess it in my news feed.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Ms_J1 wrote: »
    Some people won't log the bad things or that massive hamburger that sent them way over because they're worried about what their friends will think.... And are too embarrassed.

This is so me! I'll start logging and then sometime after dinner, I'll eat something ridiculous and totally inappropriate - like 12 cups of popcorn or three Quest bars (or.. gulp.. both!). Albeit, the popcorn is air popped but who am I kidding? - I spray on at least 10 servings of popcorn spray and sprinkle on at least 4 servings of Kernel Popcorn Seasoning before I even taste test it (the only good news is I at least recycle the seasoning that falls to the bottom of the bowl). Once the day is ruined, I stop logging and don't even bother to publish my diary. And what's weird about it is that my MFP friends are awesome and I have no reason to hide it from them. I think it's my way of hiding it from myself. Sometimes, I'll feel so guilty about it, I'll confess it in my news feed.

Aw. Just log it! Your friends are supportive, no one cares. Plus you want the data to help you track!

I'm about to get my popcorn on tonight. That's been pre logged since yesterday for sure.
  • Emilia777
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Aw. Just log it! Your friends are supportive, no one cares. Plus you want the data to help you track!

I'm about to get my popcorn on tonight. That's been pre logged since yesterday for sure.

+1. No one cares for sure :smile: . I’m all out of popping corn, or I’d be all over some popcorn tonight. I’m feeling snacky. I like nutritional yeast on mine, or just good olde grated parmesan (it has protein, it’s all good).

Recently, my kryptonite has been the ounce or so of rum or whiskey that I add to my (last) nightly cup of tea. It only recently occurred to me that this is calories… oops.
  • arditarose
    Options

+1. No one cares for sure :smile: . I’m all out of popping corn, or I’d be all over some popcorn tonight. I’m feeling snacky. I like nutritional yeast on mine, or just good olde grated parmesan (it has protein, it’s all good).

Recently, my kryptonite has been the ounce or so of rum or whiskey that I add to my (last) nightly cup of tea. It only recently occurred to me that this is calories… oops.

How does nutritional yeast taste?

Also...I made caipirinhas this weekend and have lots of rum left over. I think I have enough calories for a half ounce in my tea. You are a genius.
  • TheVirgoddess
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    I always love when people that recently started their journey want to criticize people for processed foods or sugar or junk. Euphoria can really be something powerful.

This is why I wish posts still showed tickers. It was much easier to wade through the bs that way.
  • TheVirgoddess
    Options

Agree! I never judge what my friends eat. I just had a ridiculous day, then had gelato, too. My friends were all really great about it, despite the fact that my macros were crap and I went over by 200ish calories.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    I love when people who claim to be non-judgmental pass judgment on other people's intake. Hypocrisy makes this a fun read.
  • arditarose
    Options

Agree! I never judge what my friends eat. I just had a ridiculous day, then had gelato, too. My friends were all really great about it, despite the fact that my macros were crap and I went over by 200ish calories.

I'm in full support of your chinese food and gelato. Also, only 200 calories over for such amazingness is really great.
  • TheVirgoddess
    Options

I'm in full support of your chinese food and gelato. Also, only 200 calories over for such amazingness is really great.

<3
  • Emilia777
    edited April 2015
    Options

Also...I made caipirinhas this weekend and have lots of rum left over. I think I have enough calories for a half ounce in my tea. You are a genius.

OMG I hope you love it! I sneak some into my Sleepytime tea practically every night. I prefer whiskey with hot milk. I had to look up Caipirinha and it sounds extremely delicious.

Nutritional yeast tastes kind of like cheese. It has that “umami” taste, so basically the essence of what makes meat and cheese delicious. I like it because it has protein and fibre: the Bob’s Red Mill one is 6g protein and 4g fibre for a 50 calorie 1/4 cup serving. Nothing to write home about, but I get excited about the little things.

Now, if you (or anyone else) have a good method to get stuff to stick to popcorn, please do share.

@TheVirgoddess There’s nothing I love more than a good Chinese food day. :yum:
  • arditarose
    Options

OMG I hope you love it! I sneak some into my Sleepytime tea practically every night. I prefer whiskey with hot milk. I had to look up Caipirinha and it sounds extremely delicious.

Nutritional yeast tastes kind of like cheese. It has that “umami” taste, so basically the essence of what makes meat and cheese delicious. I like it because it has protein and fibre: the Bob’s Red Mill one is 6g protein and 4g fibre for a 50 calorie 1/4 cup serving. Nothing to write home about, but I get excited about the little things.

Now, if you (or anyone else) have a good method to get stuff to stick to popcorn, please do share.

Thanks. I was curious about it.

• MarciBkonTrk
    MarciBkonTrk Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    How many of you have actually had someone say something rude about your food diary? I don't think I've ever had someone say something negative.

The only time I have commented on a friends food diary is if they eat something delicious, something that looks new, or they ask for opinions.

You'd be surprised!
  • MarciBkonTrk
    MarciBkonTrk Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Hahaha! This thread is becoming just too funny!

I know! It's why I check in every day. I need a good laugh!!!! B)