Rude comments?

Replies

• yourradimradletshug
    yourradimradletshug Posts: 964 Member
    Let it goooo, let it gooooo....sorry couldn't help myself.

Seriously though you just ignore it and move on. If you are happy in life then you do you and forget those who try to make you feel less than amazing.
  • duffylynnreb
    duffylynnreb Posts: 51 Member
    PRMinx wrote: »
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    People don't generally make rude comments here. Blunt honesty is often mistaken for rudeness by people who would rather hear sugar coated half-truths, or outright lies.

In real life, eff 'em. Anyone who would make a rude comment isn't worth spending the brain power on to worry about it.

Really? You couldn't have been more ruder to me.

Were you promoting some pseudo-science woo babble?

I think she might be talking about the "I need to lose 30 pounds in a month so my boyfriend will buy me a car" thread. That's the OP from that thread.

it's actually two and a half months and 24 pounds and I talked to a trainer yesterday and it is doable(just not fun at all :\)

I don't understand this weight loss for car thing...

It was a bet
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    People don't generally make rude comments here. Blunt honesty is often mistaken for rudeness by people who would rather hear sugar coated half-truths, or outright lies.

In real life, eff 'em. Anyone who would make a rude comment isn't worth spending the brain power on to worry about it.

I think she might be talking about the "I need to lose 30 pounds in a month so my boyfriend will buy me a car" thread. That's the OP from that thread.

it's actually two and a half months and 24 pounds and I talked to a trainer yesterday and it is doable(just not fun at all :\)

I apologize for the misrepresentation. I was working from memory (since the thread is no longer with us).
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member

24 pounds, 10 weeks, 2.4 pounds per week, are you obese? I suspect not based on your pic. I think your trainer is a moron, and your goal, and motivations are poorly thought out.

Your boyfriend might also be an @$$hat.

Rigger
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member

It was a bet

Strange.
  • janejellyroll
    MrM27 wrote: »

So let me get this straight, your boyfriend wants you to lose weight so be offered you a car if you did? I'm not sure which is worse, him offering you a car to lose weight or you needing someone to offer you a car to lose weight.

No, I believe she asked her boyfriend to do it so that she would have motivation.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    You all are being SOOOOO RUUUUUUDDDEEE

*ragequit*
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    How do you deal with rude comments or people thinking that your not doing enough weather here or in real life?

Sigh. I don't control the weather. I'm just an ordinary human. Expecting me to do weather at all is ridiculous so I would avoid people who thought I should be able to do so. Sorry. I guess you probably meant to type whether which changes the meaning of your sentence. It is funnier to talk about being expected to control the weather though.

So, rude internet strangers. We have the option to report people if they are violating rules, ignore people or just walk away from posts or even leave whole sites behind if we don't like the way people are acting. I was pretty hurt once by multiple people on a forum. I decided that I really hadn't been getting anything out of that place for some time and it was time to move on. So I didn't go back and post or read there again.
    Rude strangers IRL- they aren't important to me so I keep on doing what I'm doing.
    Rude people I know... Family, neighbors, co-workers- if it is a pattern of hurtful, toxic behavior I might try to cut the person out of my life. That might be pretty drastic but I have done it a few times. My life was better when I was away from that person. I wouldn't do that over one rude comment. if you know they are negative or rude about a subject don't even bring it up with them.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member

So let me get this straight, your boyfriend wants you to lose weight so be offered you a car if you did? I'm not sure which is worse, him offering you a car to lose weight or you needing someone to offer you a car to lose weight.

No, I believe she asked her boyfriend to do it so that she would have motivation.

Did anyone point out the irony that she asked him to do that so she could be motivated to lose weight so and afterwards she would get a car and no longer have to walk anywhere?

Gotta love irony.
  • itsclobberintime
    itsclobberintime Posts: 164 Member
    There are always going to be rude people and jerks. But you do need to ask yourself whether or not what they say is valid and you are simply making excuses for yourself.
  • janejellyroll

Did anyone point out the irony that she asked him to do that so she could be motivated to lose weight so and afterwards she would get a car and no longer have to walk anywhere?

I know! Not having a car can be a great weight loss tool.
  • duffylynnreb

It was a bet

I apologize for the misrepresentation. I was working from memory (since the thread is no longer with us).

We I had it wrong at first to,I said month and half at first but I was forgetting a whole month(oops)
  • LavenderLeaves
    LavenderLeaves Posts: 195 Member
    That can't be real. A car? Really?
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member

So, someone that you are giving money to told you this was possible? Color me surprised.
  • duffylynnreb
    and he reminded me last night that it was my idea to make a bet for motivation for me but the actual car being the bet was his idea
  • duffylynnreb
    3bambi3 wrote: »

So, someone that you are giving money to told you this was possible? Color me surprised.

Nope not my trainer just a trainer
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    and he reminded me last night that it was my idea to make a bet for motivation for me but the actual car being the bet was his idea

Have you decided on what car it would be?

OHH!!!Boy!!! Why can't my husband be so giving?