The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    @belimawr - Plumbing problems suck. I don't envy you there. Good luck with that one. At least Galvanized pipe is easy to replace compared to copper pipe.
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Nah, when I get around to it, I will replace with copper. Galvanized is just too much trouble.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    What about the new PVC pipes? The new plastics are designed specifically for hot water. No brazing involved.
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Yeah I don't have a cool feeling with PEX.... makes me think I'm gonna end up sick or something.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,477 Member
    Options
    I think I'm a lil burned out myself but on the 'watching what I eat side'. It's so much easier to not give a *kitten* lol.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    As the weather is warmer, I am trying to walk a bit more. Unfortunately, tonight I walked to the 'large animal area' and stepped in a big, deep pile of *kitten*.... :grumble: ruined my pants.
  • ZenSakura
    ZenSakura Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey, all! Mind if I join you? I don't work the night shift, but I'm nocturnal by nature, so I'm always up all night. It would be nice to have some people to talk to when everyone else I know is sleeping. :smile:
  • LacednLace
    LacednLace Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Hey ya'll just wanted to stop in and say hey. I see many of you have interesting jobs. Props to everyone! I'm Britt, I work for 911. Currently dealing with night shifts for work and day shifts with my child lol. Sitting at about 4hrs left til its time to leave and hit the gym (first time trying to workout after work instead of before). Little one is with grandparents this weekend which means hopefully sleep until time to get dressed for the next shift! How's everyone else's night going? What do yall usually do after work? Head straight home and sleep or stay up for while?
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    As the weather is warmer, I am trying to walk a bit more. Unfortunately, tonight I walked to the 'large animal area' and stepped in a big, deep pile of *kitten*.... :grumble: ruined my pants.

Woah! That sucks. Hope the rest of your night goes better. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @LacednLace - I've tried the before and after work workouts. Really I find that it depends on the weather. I really try to take advantage of good sleeping weather but if it's sunny and warm, the bike comes out and I'm off riding for a couple hours. :smiley:
  • LacednLace
    Options
    ZenSakura wrote: »
    Hey, all! Mind if I join you? I don't work the night shift, but I'm nocturnal by nature, so I'm always up all night. It would be nice to have some people to talk to when everyone else I know is sleeping. :smile:

Can't speak for everyone, but I don't mind. I was nocturnal growing up so I stayed up all night got maybe 2hrs of sleep before school/college or work. Then I had my son.....Forcing 20yrs of being nocturnal out the windows. Forced myself to function during daytime and sleep at night. Then got stuck back on night shifts lol. So yeah, no issues here if you wanna hang out. What do you usually do at night if not work?
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Well, it's slowed down. Time for a trip on the exercise bike and a shower and on to my last 24 hours for this shift.
  • LacednLace
    Options
    @LacednLace - I've tried the before and after work workouts. Really I find that it depends on the weather. I really try to take advantage of good sleeping weather but if it's sunny and warm, the bike comes out and I'm off riding for a couple hours. :smiley:

Its been gorgeous out here lately when I get off. But with having a toddler I find it hard to stay up and pray I get sleep versus forcing getting a few hrs right away and being awake while he is too. Though I'm glad someone responded. Im testing this workout after work in hopes itll help me nod off easier and keep me motivated on getting my workouts in versus feeling like I have to wake up hrs early and rush my workout and shower before work.
  • g44219
    g44219 Posts: 3,665 Member
    Options
    LacednLace wrote: »
    Hey ya'll just wanted to stop in and say hey. I see many of you have interesting jobs. Props to everyone! I'm Britt, I work for 911. Currently dealing with night shifts for work and day shifts with my child lol. Sitting at about 4hrs left til its time to leave and hit the gym (first time trying to workout after work instead of before). Little one is with grandparents this weekend which means hopefully sleep until time to get dressed for the next shift! How's everyone else's night going? What do yall usually do after work? Head straight home and sleep or stay up for while?

I head home. Have 2-3 drinks and then crash. Then try to get my workout in when I wake up. I hate night shift though. Hopefully only doing it for a 3 month rotation

• ZenSakura
    ZenSakura Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    What do you usually do at night if not work?

Well, my fiance works until midnight and then stays up until roughly 6 o'clock, so I'm usually just hanging out with him or doing something else to pass the time (reading, crafty stuff, lurking on MFP, etc.). :smile: We don't have any kids, and I have some physical issues that limit my job opportunities, so I have more than my fair share of free time at the moment.

• SubZeroDude
    SubZeroDude Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to get off the weekend 3rd shift work. Sucks going to school all week, working weekends only, 3rd shift specifically lol.
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    I go home, feed all the animals we have, and sleep. It's quietest in the am at MadDog Manor, so that's when I sleep!! It seems as if I'm up for good by 2 or 3 pm, which sucks, but whatever, gotta pay the bills
  • LacednLace
    edited April 2015
    Options
    griffk00 wrote: »

I head home. Have 2-3 drinks and then crash. Then try to get my workout in when I wake up. I hate night shift though. Hopefully only doing it for a 3 month rotation

Cheers to that hope. We just began the mandatory rotations for our comm center.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I go home, set up the coffee pot for the day walkers of my household, clean the kitchen, and then workout, shower, crash. :sleeping:
  • loveurself21
    loveurself21 Posts: 2 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    First time on here I'm a night shifter. Trying to stay on track and lose weight.