5'6 - 5'7 before and after pics please!

Replies

• Childfree1991
    Childfree1991 Posts: 145 Member
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Am 23 years old and 5' 6
    Before= 187 lb and around 40% body fat.
    After= 124-127 lb (fluctuates) and lost nearly half my body fat. Also, built muscle
    296gkg5.jpg

You look amazing! What was your exercise routine?

Basically squats, lunges, deadlifts, leg curls, leg extensions, bench press, calf raise, pull-downs, shoulder-press, etc. I don't have a set/specific routine but instead I change it up with variety.

• fabulousmomma
    fabulousmomma Posts: 172 Member
    Beautiful!
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    oncem0re wrote: »
    5'6" - 184 lbs to 168 lbs. I lift heavy 3x a week, yoga one day and hiit another. I don't really watch what I eat, which is what I am working on now.
    o47skTk.jpg

How long did it take you from 184-168? my scale hasn't move on me for the last week and half :(

I was very diet focused at the beginning and it only took about 3 months to drop 20 lbs. But then my focus moved to fitness and not the scale. I put on a couple lbs as I changed the composition of my body. Inches are much more important than the number on the scale. Eat well, move more. The slower the transition, the better chance you have of maintaining. Don't give up! :)
    Good advice!!

• Fitforevermore
    Fitforevermore Posts: 399 Member
    This is inspiring me! I'm 5-6/5-7 and I've relapsed recently so can't bear to weigh myself. I prob weigh about 182lbs and my goal weight is 147. I've now taken some before photos and hope to do this every month. Hopefully I can post some inspiring pics in a few months!
  • jules6669mfp
    jules6669mfp Posts: 446 Member
    ashNoak wrote: »
    I've only just started... I am between 5'5.5 and 5'6 ... The left is me in late January, and the right is me in late March. A 19lb change so far. After four weeks I finally broke my plateau today and I am down 20.4... I need to lose another 30, but taking a progress photo made me see what I've done so far is great :)kyu7h6u9wd9x.jpg
    You look Wonderful!!!

• maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    fitfor30th wrote: »
    This is inspiring me! I'm 5-6/5-7 and I've relapsed recently so can't bear to weigh myself. I prob weigh about 182lbs and my goal weight is 147. I've now taken some before photos and hope to do this every month. Hopefully I can post some inspiring pics in a few months!

My heaviest weight not pregnant I ever saw on the scale was 182 (probably got higher but like most, I was in denial and didn't weight) and now I weight 147 after a little oopsie "bulk" over the winter. If I can do it anyone can which means YOU can! Look forward to seeing your results!!

• fabulousmomma

We all relapse, in some way or another. I think it's the strong ones that can admit it! So good on you:) today is a new day and we can start all over again, right? Right! I came to realize that the results are coming slowly, but surely. It's how I feel, which is much better than I did 6 months ago. You got this fitfor30!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,106 Member
    Great advice! I have bouts with my sweet tooth! Even though I stay within my calorie limit when I eat sweets I don't lose weight and I usually gain a pound or two. My body processes sugar a lot differently than clean eating. The key is you know what to do, eat at a deficit, exercise, and eat clean whenever possible. This is a life style not a diet. Good luck!

We all relapse, in some way or another. I think it's the strong ones that can admit it! So good on you:) today is a new day and we can start all over again, right? Right! I came to realize that the results are coming slowly, but surely. It's how I feel, which is much better than I did 6 months ago. You got this fitfor30!

• samjones6734
    samjones6734 Posts: 22 Member
    I'm 5'5.5", heheh, sorry.

I lost 45 pounds originally but then put 35 back on when I started graduate school :/

March 29th, 2015 I started tracking again and, unlike last time, I don't feel guilty when I go into the red on my calories (e.g. I don't stop tracking when I go over because I feel bad)...it's helped me stay on track to be completely honest about my eating habits.

Today I hit my 30 day streak and I'm down 10 pounds; 193 on the left, 183 on the right. (sorry 4 tha side boob heh)
    2zdrcky.jpg

Love ur tat!! what does it say?? x
    BTW u look great :)
  • pariskathryn
    pariskathryn Posts: 173 Member

Love ur tat!! what does it say?? x
    BTW u look great :)
    Thanks! It says "(I measure time by how a body sways.)" -- from a Theodore Roethke poem I really like :)

(the other is a botched-attempt at a Harry Potter scar. That'll be covered up one day...)
  • alexelmer
    alexelmer Posts: 44 Member
    Ah you're all looking so good!!! My guilty obsession is http://beforeandafterweightloss.tumblr.com/

Its soooo good to see massive changes in people!
  • sgwolf0414
    sgwolf0414 Posts: 8 Member
    Forgot to say I'm 5'7''
  • cmon288
    cmon288 Posts: 173 Member
    I'm so inspired. You all look great! Thank you for posting!!
  • fabulousmomma
    I just scrolled through this entire thread, again! It is truly amazing what we all have accomplished isn't it?! Wow❤️
  • superrjo
    superrjo Posts: 112 Member
    I'm around 5'6.5, and was always slim until I went to uni- far too much eating and drinking! I hit 150lbs at my heaviest then started trying to lose weight and got really into long distance running, and dropped to 120. I started weight training last year and now weigh 125lbs
  • Allelito
    Allelito Posts: 179 Member
    edited April 2015
    superrjo wrote: »
    I'm around 5'6.5, and was always slim until I went to uni- far too much eating and drinking! I hit 150lbs at my heaviest then started trying to lose weight and got really into long distance running, and dropped to 120. I started weight training last year and now weigh 125lbs

Same here, started drinking and eating out a LOT when I started going to uni..
    On my way back down now though. :) Currently at 127 lbs, looking to lose a few more!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!