Replies

• JackieUnlimited
    JackieUnlimited Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Lunch was 46 minutes walk/run on the treadmill 3.161 miles/5.08714 km
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Sigh, the scale will not budge. Thankfully, it's not going up either. However, my clothes are fitting well, and I feel great. That's going to have to be enough today. Besides, it's Tuesday. I'll be pulling on the boot in a little bit and putting a few miles on the dance floor. Any day that has a little dancing in it, it a great day!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,959 Member
    Options
    I made a point of making time for meal planning and prep on Sunday, and have sworn off all alcohol until I hit goal weight. That, alone, is quite a motivator to get there!

When I get to Germany this summer, I totally am going to have a LEAN body and I am going to DRINK BEER IN GERMANY.

The end.

• Beeps2011
    Options
    BettyM1017 wrote: »
    However, my clothes are fitting well, and I feel great. That's going to have to be enough today. Besides, it's Tuesday. I'll be pulling on the boot in a little bit and putting a few miles on the dance floor. Any day that has a little dancing in it, it a great day!

BOOM!

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Thinking of Fireball tonight...*glug*
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Cardio-avoidance? Not today. An observation that came to mind this afternoon. You very rarely see an overweight ditch digger.

lg852mdl01l6.jpg

But I did have help with my trenching.

9l5itkuxlh0c.jpg

rcwcsgrjrpe0.jpg

• 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Holy moly Laro, your back must be killing you! Mine is sore just looking at that! Very impressive.

I dug up our 7x7 veggie garden and turned it over on the weekend and my poor back ached.
  • nickpnh
    nickpnh Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    My dog is training me for a 5k. Every time I think of starting couch to 5k, I don't do it. But Missy walked the first morning, ran 3 minutes yesterday of our 35 minute walk, and 6 minutes today of it. I am going to have scout some new routes to add some more distance. Too bad scale isn't moving but it has only been a few days of increased activity.
    Larro - my garden could use some attention too!
    Beeps - where in Germany? I lived there as an exchange student in my senior year of high school and my 2nd child took first steps there last time we visited. Love it! Don't neglect german wine and sekt (their version of champagne) while you're there.
    Jackie - great walk.
    Curious - I hear you about coming in under goal. It's been a struggle this spring but I made it yesterday and working on a trend. (Also made it logging the whole day - good bad and all).

Hi to everyone and make it a great day!
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Happy Hump day! I just realized that I didn't post yesterday. Busy day. Not that today is not, but :/. Didn't make it to kick boxing last night. forgot some of my gear and when I stopped home to get it, I had a delivery from UPS to take care of since it was a large delivery in the way of other things. Life happens sometimes. I am off for the next couple of days. Will be spending tomorrow with Jake and then Friday is my birthday. No plans yet, but we'll see what transpires. My parents will be home from Florida by this weekend and we are all going to dinner on Sunday for Mother's day/birthday celebration. Food for the weekend is going to be a tough one, so I will have to get some exercise in there somewhere.

Well, back to the grind. Have tons to do- have a great day all!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Day: 24 of INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Strength"=Done!
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Cool Kids. I was up at 0530 to get back on the waterline project before it got too hot, but got sidetracked doing pre-cleaning lady cleaning. My back was a little sore this morning, but I want to finish this thing. I made a command decision and am going to get by with three rows of grapes and add a row of trees. Margie wants some apple persimmons, and I'm going to dig up more blueberry bushes. Hell, I may even buy a couple more. With my BIL discount they are only $5.00 at Lowe's.

KS, in case I forget later in the week. Happy Birthday.

Got to run. Hope everyone has a good day,

Larro
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Larro, you are such a hard worker! Impressive!

KS, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Wishing you a wonderful rest of the week and celebration with your loved ones! Blessings!!

Gam, you are killing your Insanity workouts!!!!

Nickp, Missy sounds like the perfect exercise partner!

I cancelled my gym membership yesterday. I'm paid for a month so I can still use it until June 5. I'm not using it as much as I thought I would. I got it mainly to use the pool but I only swim once a week and not even. There's a public indoor pool not too far from my house and the fee to use it is $4 so I will check it out in June. I have equipment at home for my workouts and I can always go outdoors for a walk etc.

Have a wonderful day!!!!!
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Alf, I did the same thing! I am more likely to workout at home than at a gym, and I'm seeing betting results! Besides, when you workout at home who cares if you wear a neon pink top with lime green shorts and purple socks, lol!

Larro, you are always a gardening inspiration. I think I may have to grow okra this summer, thanks to you.

KS, Happy Birthday!

Gam3r, I'm seriously considering the Insanity Max 30 workouts. Oy, this is going to hurt!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Happy Hump day Kids.....

Hope all of you are well and in good spirits. Things are starting to settle down in Baltimore and we are getting all kinds of notifications that you can come back to City and so forth. It is very troubling to me in watching so much anger and hatred. Anger and hatred monopolize so much energy that can be better spent on positive things such as love, respect and peace.

Anyways, I have TRX today and looking forward to it. I am finding myself in a rut and need to make a change or 2 or 3. I really wish I had the discipline to work out from home. I just lack the motivation since I work better in a team like environment and need to hear noise and all.

Nick--I am confident that Missy will keep you busy and trained in record time for your race. I can only imagine the joy you are feeling with Missy. I am so touched.

Larro--Can I tell you how touched I am too see your photos once again. Of course I know you had a thousand calorie burn from the looks of the photos. Needless to say I hope your company was adequately compensated for having to deal with you....(LOL). How's mom doing?

KellySue--Sounds like you are busy as usual. I hope you have a fabulous time with Jake. I admire how you still find time to get something in despite how busy your life has been. You rock...

3furballs--7x7 garden...WOW, sounds like your training has given you the endurance you needed to handle the task.

jackie--Sounds like the mechanic was AWESOME. I have very few regrets in my life, one is not working out and putting my health 1st. I feel like I could have reaped BETTER rewards now. Great job on the 46 minute walk/treadmill.

CG--I am a wild child at heart. Show me the mechanics of surfing and I will try it for the sake of trying (lol). Great job on the meal prep. I do find I do better when I prepare in advance.

Kate and Emmalou---Where are you? Missing you

SDERESKI---I know you are excited about your trip. I hope you have a great time.

Alf---Are you still teaching classes? I do not recall if you are.

Gam--You kill the insanity work outs.

Welcome all newbies.

I would love to know what upcoming fitness challenges that any of you have coming up.

What's the deal with MFP premium for $9.99 a month? Are any of you subscribing to it? If so, what does premium offer?

If I forgot you, please forgive me.

Have a great day everyone
  • SillyCat1975
    SillyCat1975 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I came across this tread this morning and seen how motivated you guys are. I wanted to jump in and find some place that I feel like I could belong. I'm soon to be 40 (in August) they tell me it's not bad turning 40. :smile: I've lost 21 pounds since starting MFP, and looking to make some friends and have people that I can motivate and can help me stay on track, goodness it's hard to do it sometimes, I'm 70 days, I want to give up some days but I won't. You guys rock, just reading near the end of the treads, I tried to start at then beginning but that was too overwhelming for me. I hope you guys have an awesome day!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    larrodarro - I see LOTS of people at the gym that do LOTS of cardio but still look seriously fleshy. The skinny-fat look is EVERYWHERE around ME. But, the skinny-fat look is NOT the look that I want for myself.

I prefer the strong-lean look.

Which, btw, is an easier "look" for men to obtain, due to their bff testosterone. The strong-lean look is WAY more difficult for women to attain and maintain.

Sure, cardio feels GREAT! But, cardio works THE HEART. Which is only one body part. So, yes, for me, after 25+ years of doing cardio, cardio, cardio, how grateful am I to "see the light" which, for me, means a focus on STRENGTH.

BOOM!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    nickpnh wrote: »
    Beeps - where in Germany? I lived there as an exchange student in my senior year of high school and my 2nd child took first steps there last time we visited. Love it! Don't neglect german wine and sekt (their version of champagne) while you're there.

We are doing a tour of Germany....well, 6-days around various castles in the black forrest. We start and end in Frankfurt and, unfortunately, Berlin and Munich are NOT on the tour.

I will totally skip the German wine (as I am allergic to wine)....but, I might have to give sekt a sip (it will hurt my stomach, as most champagnes do).

BEER FOR THIS BEER GIRL!

• Beeps2011
    Options
    Happy Birthday KellySue....and Happy Mother's Day, too!
  • Beeps2011
    Options

What's the deal with MFP premium for $9.99 a month? Are any of you subscribing to it? If so, what does premium offer?

I have friends who are trying out MFP premium and, so far, are giving positive reports. I will await their final verdicts in, oh, a month or so.

One of the things you CAN do (with MFP premium), which is big in the Venus-Factor community, is tailor your eating calories to vary everyday (so, if you purposely have some low calorie days, some med calorie days and some high calorie days, you can change mfp to recognize that).

• caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    larrodarro - I see LOTS of people at the gym that do LOTS of cardio but still look seriously fleshy. The skinny-fat look is EVERYWHERE around ME. But, the skinny-fat look is NOT the look that I want for myself.

I prefer the strong-lean look.

Which, btw, is an easier "look" for men to obtain, due to their bff testosterone. The strong-lean look is WAY more difficult for women to attain and maintain.

Sure, cardio feels GREAT! But, cardio works THE HEART. Which is only one body part. So, yes, for me, after 25+ years of doing cardio, cardio, cardio, how grateful am I to "see the light" which, for me, means a focus on STRENGTH.

BOOM!

Beeps I agree I would love the lean look. I dislike the skinny-fat look.

Keep lifting heavy my friend. Sorry I missed you in my post.

Hugs to you....BOOM