Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

18838848868888893388

Replies

  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    brandi9172 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    brandi9172 wrote: »
    Confession: I can't stand people who claim their faith as the reason why they discriminate against other people. Not that it irritates me a little...I nearly drip venom over it.

    YES! I would think that people who were religious would be railing against this instead of embracing it. Aren't most religions supposed to be based on love[/b]?

    Only if you love the things they preach. *runs and hides before people read this and get offended*

    I've been worried for the last hour that I killed the thread, lol.

    Lol, nope, but now that religion and racial slurs have entered the thread, it may start to fall apart ;)

    OK, Move along people, Nothing to see here! LOL
    Lets talk about something else please, so we don't get busted.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    I had Jay-Z Radio blasting, but turned it off because some people might be offended by the use of N word and MF. These words don't offend me, I don't give them the power to.

    I turned on Tarzan Boy Radio and it's basically the best 80's pop music ever. . ..

    99 Luft Balloon's is on right now.

    Let me start by saying I am not offended by music by a black artist using the N word.....I do find it odd that you, being a white male, would say the N word is not offensive because you do not give it power.....it was not your group of people that was oppressed with it....

    I'm not judging, I'm playing Devil's Advocate.

    By your logic, I shouldn't be annoyed by people using the R-word because I'm not considered mentally deficient, but I CAN dislike anything being "bastardized" as I am a child born out of wedlock.
    I had Jay-Z Radio blasting, but turned it off because some people might be offended by the use of N word and MF. These words don't offend me, I don't give them the power to.

    I turned on Tarzan Boy Radio and it's basically the best 80's pop music ever. . ..

    99 Luft Balloon's is on right now.

    Let me start by saying I am not offended by music by a black artist using the N word.....I do find it odd that you, being a white male, would say the N word is not offensive because you do not give it power.....it was not your group of people that was oppressed with it....

    Not all white males were slave owners. some of us from Germanic tribes were slaves to Romans a long time ago. We don't hold a grudge. I love pizza. just sayin.

    I hope I did this double quote thing right.....if this does not make sense, it is because I have no idea what I am doing....

    To the first reply, I was actually stating the opposite, I think ALL people should be offended by any racial slurs at all because they are ignorant and hateful, and down right nasty. I was pointing out that by OJ, being a white male, saying he is not offended by a racial slur that is towards a group of people different from his own is odd, because he does not really have the background to say that. If we let the majorities make all the decisions for the minorities, we would never get anywhere.....

    To the second reply, I never said anything about slaves. I always find it confusing when talking about racism that people bring up slavery....there is LOTS of racism going on today, and during our live times that we need not even bring that up to make a point.

    I will confess at this time that I am VERY VERY sensitive about racism of any kind. It literally torn my family apart. I have three siblings, that I have had no contact for in over 20 years because of racism. And I do not mean no contact like how some people have limited contact with family that they do not get along with. I mean NO contact as in they have no idea I have kids, or my sister lives in the U.S. or that our mother is dead.......

    Edited to add: Yay it worked lol

    So you fell in love with someone from another ethnicity and your family didn't respond well? Just a guess, and no judgement about it.

    And you referred to a period of time when a group of people with a different skin tone than myself were being oppressed by the use of the N word. That started with slavery. So, while you didn't say the word slavery. You inferred that time period. No judgement, just sayin.

    That was part of it....but not only that....my family was fine, it was only my one sister that lost her mind, and rallied two of my other siblings....she actually sat at my mother's kitchen table on Christmas Day and asked my friends husband if he had an actual job or was just a drug dealer (he was an accountant). Then my niece, who was about 10 at the time told me that said sister actually stopped a kid at the door of her birthday party and refused him entry because he was black. On Boxing Day of that year, 1994, I kicked her out of my house, and have not seen any of them since. I literally do not even know if any of them are dead or alive, and same with us, like I said, as far as I know, they do not even know our mother died ten years ago.....it worked out the way it should have though, but I bring it up when discussing this topic to point out the simple fact that I do not tolerate racial crap like that from anyone, I do not care who you are. I always say something when I have witnessed racism, and raise my children to do the same. And that goes for any race, and would actually also included homophobia as well.

    The N word is still used to oppress black people today, don't kid yourself.....although it is rapidly being replaced with the word thug.......I would also like to add that I do not think in any way that statement you started with makes you a racist, I have not seen you say anything up to now to make me think that. I just do not think that as a white male you can say if that word is offensive or not, because it is not really that you give it no power, it is because it is never directed at you.....
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    brandi9172 wrote: »
    Confession: I can't stand people who claim their faith as the reason why they discriminate against other people. Not that it irritates me a little...I nearly drip venom over it.

    YES! I would think that people who were religious would be railing against this instead of embracing it. Aren't most religions supposed to be based on love?

    Exactly!! I am a Christian and am almost embarrassed to say that at times, because we are not all homophobes! I always point out to other so called Christians that Jesus' whole message was LOVE, love everyone, not only the ones just like you.....
  • manicautumn
    manicautumn Posts: 224 Member
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Only if you love the things they preach. *runs and hides before people read this and get offended*

    It's not even that simple. I have some concurrent beliefs with them, but they don't care because I don't love the right gender. It makes me so uncomfortable passing by the little stands on the street where they hand out pamphlets because I am... privileged (?) enough to pass as straight and they smile at me- but I know they would have something different to say if they knew.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,425 Member
    edited May 2015
    Here. I made brownies. Let's all get along...and eat brownies....with ice cold milk....MMMMMmmmmmmm!

    images_zpslfm3hdwm.jpg
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,604 Member
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Only if you love the things they preach. *runs and hides before people read this and get offended*

    ETA: I kind of feel bad about posting this. Disclaimer: I know that not everyone in every religion is bad I do have some bitterness toward organized religion however, based on things I've experienced.

    Same here, which is why I'm staying out of that discussion!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Here. I made brownies. Let's all get along...and eat brownies....with ice cold milk....MMMMMmmmmmmm!

    images_zpslfm3hdwm.jpg

    in for brownies. And ice cream?
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Here. I made brownies. Let's all get along...and eat brownies....with ice cold milk....MMMMMmmmmmmm!

    images_zpslfm3hdwm.jpg

    You had me at brownies, but milk grosses me out....

    I always thought it was messed up that most people have no problem drinking the milk of another species, even though we are the only animal that routinely does that......
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,425 Member
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Here. I made brownies. Let's all get along...and eat brownies....with ice cold milk....MMMMMmmmmmmm!

    images_zpslfm3hdwm.jpg

    in for brownies. And ice cream?

    We could make brownie sundaes.... (They need a drooling emoji)
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Here. I made brownies. Let's all get along...and eat brownies....with ice cold milk....MMMMMmmmmmmm!

    images_zpslfm3hdwm.jpg

    Ohhhh.. that was pure EVIL!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,596 Member
    Saaay, how 'bout our local sports team..?
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,604 Member
    Here. I made brownies. Let's all get along...and eat brownies....with ice cold milk....MMMMMmmmmmmm!

    images_zpslfm3hdwm.jpg

    Mmmmkay, I don't even like chocolate, but I'll jump on the brownie band-wagon just to avoid this thread imploding. I am enjoying the discussions, of course, but from experience, once religion and race are brought up, things tend to go downhill. Thanks for the effort @quiksylver296!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    I had Jay-Z Radio blasting, but turned it off because some people might be offended by the use of N word and MF. These words don't offend me, I don't give them the power to.

    I turned on Tarzan Boy Radio and it's basically the best 80's pop music ever. . ..

    99 Luft Balloon's is on right now.

    Let me start by saying I am not offended by music by a black artist using the N word.....I do find it odd that you, being a white male, would say the N word is not offensive because you do not give it power.....it was not your group of people that was oppressed with it....

    I'm not judging, I'm playing Devil's Advocate.

    By your logic, I shouldn't be annoyed by people using the R-word because I'm not considered mentally deficient, but I CAN dislike anything being "bastardized" as I am a child born out of wedlock.

    I agree @CountessKitteh I've never understood how it's okay for specific groups of people people to use a word and others it's not. All those derogatory words should be offensive and off limits to all people. Period.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    brandi9172 wrote: »
    Confession: I can't stand people who claim their faith as the reason why they discriminate against other people. Not that it irritates me a little...I nearly drip venom over it.

    YES! I would think that people who were religious would be railing against this instead of embracing it. Aren't most religions supposed to be based on love?

    Exactly!! I am a Christian and am almost embarrassed to say that at times, because we are not all homophobes! I always point out to other so called Christians that Jesus' whole message was LOVE, love everyone, not only the ones just like you.....

    It's not only that. There's also a lot of hate directed at the poor. I mean, Jesus was all about helping the less fortunate, right?
  • cranor130
    cranor130 Posts: 65 Member
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I had my first "way out of my calorie goal binge" last night. Other than the slight hangover, I have no regrets about it. I feel like I should feel guilty, but I feel like I really needed that.

    Sometimes you have to do that. :)

    No guilt-keep moving forward.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    brandi9172 wrote: »
    Confession: I can't stand people who claim their faith as the reason why they discriminate against other people. Not that it irritates me a little...I nearly drip venom over it.

    Ugh no kidding!!

    It's a completely backwards justification I can't stand it either!!!
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Confession: I've gotten some really great questions for my One Thousand One Hundred and Elventieth Post.

    So many in fact: I'll sneak preview my first name: Derek.

    I somehow already knew this. Why is that?

    First names thread? I usually introduce myself when I send Friend Requests as well.

    I think it was something to do with an earlier discussion on nicknames, I don't think you actually said it, but it must have been inferable (I'm making that a word now if it's not already) as I felt I knew it too.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    brandi9172 wrote: »
    Confession: I can't stand people who claim their faith as the reason why they discriminate against other people. Not that it irritates me a little...I nearly drip venom over it.

    YES! I would think that people who were religious would be railing against this instead of embracing it. Aren't most religions supposed to be based on love?

    Exactly!! I am a Christian and am almost embarrassed to say that at times, because we are not all homophobes! I always point out to other so called Christians that Jesus' whole message was LOVE, love everyone, not only the ones just like you.....

    It's not only that. There's also a lot of hate directed at the poor. I mean, Jesus was all about helping the less fortunate, right?

    Exactly! I do not follow any one church because of all these reasons, I am part of a movement called The Christian Left and have been since before I knew it was a movement lol.

    I truly believe that if Jesus came back to Earth today, it would be so called Christians that would be the first to call for him to be killed again!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Saaay, how 'bout our local sports team..?

    You think that won't get judgmental or contentious?! ;-)

    My confession: I was supposed to go to the dentist for a cleaning yesterday, but lied and claimed a conflict had come up when my dentist called to confirm/make sure I was willing to see a different person than I normally do, since I think they had doublebooked. The call gave me the idea, so I was like "oh, I don't mind, hmm, but if it's more convenient for you I can change." She said: "oh, no, let's keep it, we don't have any appointments available 'til August." I all of a sudden found myself saying "but tomorrow will be really stressful as it happens, I have a conflict that came up, August is okay," and so I moved it.

    I was originally supposed to go in January but did basically the same thing.

    I have stupid dentist fear (in part due to a terrible childhood dentist) that I need to get over already.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Here. I made brownies. Let's all get along...and eat brownies....with ice cold milk....MMMMMmmmmmmm!

    images_zpslfm3hdwm.jpg

    in for brownies. And ice cream?

    We could make brownie sundaes.... (They need a drooling emoji)

    That settles it I'm getting Dairy Queen tonight! Thanks everyone!