Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    brandi9172 wrote: »
    Confession: I can't stand people who claim their faith as the reason why they discriminate against other people. Not that it irritates me a little...I nearly drip venom over it.

Ugh no kidding!!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    Confession: My spinach/cucumber/baby carrot salad with chicken and italian dressing is not as satisfying as a cheeseburger would be right now. Bleh.
  • dawnsnarks
    dawnsnarks Posts: 101 Member
    I just won a free pair of $195 sneakers from an instagram contest/giveaway. I had forgotten I'd entered. Day: made.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    I had to play log your midnight foraging as breakfast this morning. I didn't actually have babybels, beef sticks, pork rinds, whipped cream and cocoa for breakfast. Looking at it all written as a group like that actually makes me a little sick to my stomach. If that was really breakfast, I suspect I'd be mainlining pepto the rest of the day.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,702 Member
    screen.png
    The front forums hasn't regularly updated for me for a while. This is what the Getting Started section is going to look like for a few hours or so.

Been the same way for me, too for a while. I'm guessing the moderators promptly deleted that thread, but not sure why the page hasn't refreshed.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    dawnsnarks wrote: »
    I just won a free pair of $195 sneakers from an instagram contest/giveaway. I had forgotten I'd entered. Day: made.
    Awesome! I always enter hassle free contests.

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    edited May 2015
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I had to play log your midnight foraging as breakfast this morning. I didn't actually have babybels, beef sticks, pork rinds, whipped cream and cocoa for breakfast. Looking at it all written as a group like that actually makes me a little sick to my stomach. If that was really breakfast, I suspect I'd be mainlining pepto the rest of the day.

I admit I that combination does turn my stomach a bit. Not individually but definitely all together.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    I had Jay-Z Radio blasting, but turned it off because some people might be offended by the use of N word and MF. These words don't offend me, I don't give them the power to.

I turned on Tarzan Boy Radio and it's basically the best 80's pop music ever. . ..

99 Luft Balloon's is on right now.

Let me start by saying I am not offended by music by a black artist using the N word.....I do find it odd that you, being a white male, would say the N word is not offensive because you do not give it power.....it was not your group of people that was oppressed with it....

I'm not judging, I'm playing Devil's Advocate.

By your logic, I shouldn't be annoyed by people using the R-word because I'm not considered mentally deficient, but I CAN dislike anything being "bastardized" as I am a child born out of wedlock.
    I had Jay-Z Radio blasting, but turned it off because some people might be offended by the use of N word and MF. These words don't offend me, I don't give them the power to.

I turned on Tarzan Boy Radio and it's basically the best 80's pop music ever. . ..

99 Luft Balloon's is on right now.

Let me start by saying I am not offended by music by a black artist using the N word.....I do find it odd that you, being a white male, would say the N word is not offensive because you do not give it power.....it was not your group of people that was oppressed with it....

Not all white males were slave owners. some of us from Germanic tribes were slaves to Romans a long time ago. We don't hold a grudge. I love pizza. just sayin.

I hope I did this double quote thing right.....if this does not make sense, it is because I have no idea what I am doing....

To the first reply, I was actually stating the opposite, I think ALL people should be offended by any racial slurs at all because they are ignorant and hateful, and down right nasty. I was pointing out that by OJ, being a white male, saying he is not offended by a racial slur that is towards a group of people different from his own is odd, because he does not really have the background to say that. If we let the majorities make all the decisions for the minorities, we would never get anywhere.....

To the second reply, I never said anything about slaves. I always find it confusing when talking about racism that people bring up slavery....there is LOTS of racism going on today, and during our live times that we need not even bring that up to make a point.

I will confess at this time that I am VERY VERY sensitive about racism of any kind. It literally torn my family apart. I have three siblings, that I have had no contact for in over 20 years because of racism. And I do not mean no contact like how some people have limited contact with family that they do not get along with. I mean NO contact as in they have no idea I have kids, or my sister lives in the U.S. or that our mother is dead.......

Edited to add: Yay it worked lol

So you fell in love with someone from another ethnicity and your family didn't respond well? Just a guess, and no judgement about it.

And you referred to a period of time when a group of people with a different skin tone than myself were being oppressed by the use of the N word. That started with slavery. So, while you didn't say the word slavery. You inferred that time period. No judgement, just sayin.

• rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Confession: I can't stand people who claim their faith as the reason why they discriminate against other people. Not that it irritates me a little...I nearly drip venom over it.

YES! I would think that people who were religious would be railing against this instead of embracing it. Aren't most religions supposed to be based on love?
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    pofoster21 wrote: »

Seems to be the same price as everywhere else though. Weird.
  • Oberon21
    I had my first "way out of my calorie goal binge" last night. Other than the slight hangover, I have no regrets about it. I feel like I should feel guilty, but I feel like I really needed that.

Sometimes you have to do that. :)
  • dawnsnarks
    Had a moment of panic when I checked my remaining calories and I *only* had 258 left for the day...before I remembered to 1) log my circuit training and B) that I had already logged dinner.
  • dawnsnarks
    Oookay, that was supposed to be a 'B', not smiley sunglasses. Oh emoticons, you so crazy.
  • Oberon21
    I keep trying to reply to someone on my wall, but it's not letting me! My writing appears all grey and it won't let me enter it. Has something been changed? :confounded:

I ate a really, really big poutine last night along with about ten cups of water because it was so salty, and I definitely felt sick afterwards. I still feel full and I haven't eaten yet today... and I don't expect to be hungry anytime soon. But bubble tea still sounds pretty good! :tongue:

Also, I'm not sure what has gotten into me... I usually hate clothes shopping, but lately I've been frequenting online stores with major excitement. I just added AdoreMe to a slowly growing list of websites I've been eyeing (along with ModCloth and Boutique1861). I'm changing!!!

I'm wearing a shirt from ModCloth right now! :)

Love the new kitty!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    edited May 2015
    Only if you love the things they preach. *runs and hides before people read this and get offended*

ETA: I kind of feel bad about posting this. Disclaimer: I know that not everyone in every religion is bad I do have some bitterness toward organized religion however, based on things I've experienced.
  • brandi9172
    brandi9172 Posts: 61 Member
    ShibaEars wrote: »

YES! I would think that people who were religious would be railing against this instead of embracing it. Aren't most religions supposed to be based on love[/b]?

Only if you love the things they preach. *runs and hides before people read this and get offended*

I've been worried for the last hour that I killed the thread, lol.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member

YES! I would think that people who were religious would be railing against this instead of embracing it. Aren't most religions supposed to be based on love[/b]?

Lol, nope, but now that religion and racial slurs have entered the thread, it may start to fall apart ;)
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member

Lol, nope, but now that religion and racial slurs have entered the thread, it may start to fall apart ;)

OK, Move along people, Nothing to see here! LOL
    Lets talk about something else please, so we don't get busted.