Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• dearmrsowl
    dearmrsowl Posts: 151 Member
    MissLaaber wrote: »
    sst036 wrote: »
    dearmrsowl wrote: »
    I suffer from hyperhidrosis (extreme sweating) which makes working out at the gym impossible. I have the sweating under control during every day activities thanks to a special solution from the pharmacy. During my teenage years I only wore black or white t-shirts so people wouldn't see the stains under my arm pits. I'm so glad that at least that is over but working out (no matter if cardio or strength) leaves me and the floor around me as wet as if I just stepped out of the shower and I really wouldn't want to bother anyone with that at a gym.
    I started doing Botox this year and it has changed my life - I still sweat, but I don't end up with massive wet patches down my arms when I'm anxious (so always) or when I'm hot. It's amazing.

I've been tossing this idea around for a while, I have the same issue. Seeing you raving about it may push me to do it, so thanks! :)

The problem is that my insurance won't pay for it and there is no way I can afford it myself. I'm okay with my armpits but what really annoys me are my hands. Shaking somebody's hand? Only after wiping it on my pants to make sure they're at least somewhat dry.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Ok, I'm caught up. Here's my confession of the day: I gave blood yesterday. I had the juice, a cookie, and raisins after. An hour later I went to a meeting with people I had never met before...and passed out. So embarrassing! I then decided I needed to "get my blood sugar up." So I ate chocolate, ice cream, and more chocolate. I logged it all and ended up 1007 calories over for the day. I am going to have to work hard through the week to mitigate that!

I can't give blood because I pass out. Sounds embarrassing, but you did a good thing. Hopefully you feel proud of that part.

Here's the thing about giving blood. You can't judge yourself based on your ability to do it. My brother is 26, fit, healthy, super rock-climbing, kayaking, all-round action man. Passes out when he gives blood. I'm a girl with borderline iron levels for giving blood, 5'2", not that fit, yet I've never passed out when I have given blood successfully (about 12 times). Don't worry about it, giving blood is just not for everyone! At least you tried.
  • Russandol
    Russandol Posts: 71 Member
    Confession: I'm elated by the sharp drop in my weight during the last three days, even though it was caused by/thanks to the All-Natural Norovirus Cleanse (a.k.a. Let's Have You Throw Up Everything That Isn't Bolted Down) and therefore just water weight. :/ Today is the first time in three days that I've a) managed to eat solid food and b) managed not to have all fluids go right through me. (Sorry for TMI.) While I'm happy to be able to eat again, I'm not looking forward to gaining back some of the 2.5+ kilos I lost due to dehydration....
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    My confession of the day is that I woke up at 1.30 this morning from a dream where I offended everyone on this thread. I HAD to check it and read through the last 10 pages to check it wasn't true so I could go back to sleep.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    So I guess I should go on an m&m diet. Lost nearly 4lbs between yesterday and today. Guess I'll save the plastic suit I made last night for another day. :wink:
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    I had a massive cookie for breakfast. Yum.
  • Oberon21
    edited May 2015
    spamarie wrote: »
    Ok, I'm caught up. Here's my confession of the day: I gave blood yesterday. I had the juice, a cookie, and raisins after. An hour later I went to a meeting with people I had never met before...and passed out. So embarrassing! I then decided I needed to "get my blood sugar up." So I ate chocolate, ice cream, and more chocolate. I logged it all and ended up 1007 calories over for the day. I am going to have to work hard through the week to mitigate that!

I can't give blood because I pass out. Sounds embarrassing, but you did a good thing. Hopefully you feel proud of that part.

Here's the thing about giving blood. You can't judge yourself based on your ability to do it. My brother is 26, fit, healthy, super rock-climbing, kayaking, all-round action man. Passes out when he gives blood. I'm a girl with borderline iron levels for giving blood, 5'2", not that fit, yet I've never passed out when I have given blood successfully (about 12 times). Don't worry about it, giving blood is just not for everyone! At least you tried.

I donate all the time. I am 0- (universal donor) so they love me. As a matter of fact I am overdue and will go tomorrow as I took a personal day tomorrow. Thanks for reminding me. The blood donation places LOVE me because I am also CMV-. Which is apparently some virus most of the population gets as a child and toy don't show symptoms usually bit it can kill premature babies. So they give my blood to premature babies. I love that and am irrationally proud of it (irrational because I had zero control over that it's fate and genetics).
  • eMka11
    eMka11 Posts: 106 Member
    Get your popcorns ready!!!

Yesterday I was in the breakroom it was 12:00pm. My employee Stinky Rick whom I've mentioned before was just finishing up his lunch and heading back to our warehouse. I receive a phone call from my boss on my cellphone at 12:02.

Boss: "Where you at"
    AOJ: "I'm in the breakroom"
    Boss: "Why doesn't Rick know you're on break?"
    AOJ: "Rick literally just left me in the breakroom, he knows exactly where I am"
    Boss: "Not according to him, I need to see you when you're done"
    AOJ: "I'll be right there."

I get into her office

Boss: "What's going on with you, you haven't responded to any of my emails"
    AOJ: "I've responded to all of your emails"
    Boss: "We talked about them on the phone, but you didn't reply to the email"
    AOJ: "We talked about them, the issues were resolved, there didn't need to be a reply."
    Boss: "I'd appreciate it if you replied to my email"

She reiterates that somethings off. I talk to her about a couple issues that were bothering me.

Useless Manager becoming a Director, how I'm a supervisor that has to enforce operating procedures to managers who question me at every turn and go over my head with everything which totally demeans my position.

And she responds with "If you're so unhappy, find something else."

And that's when I blurted out "I did."

Her retort "Where do you think you're going to get a job working 8-5 monday through friday with weekends and holidays."

I said "Actually, I'll be getting even more holidays like Columbus Day, MLK Day, 1/2 day on Dec 23rd, December 24th and 25th off, oh and I'll be off at 430 every day, and in the off chance I'm not I'll be getting over time"

Her eyes got huge.

She locked herself in her office for 2 hours after that.

Woohoo! Go you!
  • eMka11
    bkhamill wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I always feel really deflated when I come out of the gym. I really can't shake the feeling that the gym staff are talking about me and its starting to make me really uncomfortable. It is one guy in particular and he was the one I had to do my induction with. I don't know if it is a coincidence but whenever I get going he will walk over to another member of staff, start talking and they will start looking over at me. I was so close to bursting into tears and walking out today. I just can't zone it out. I'm sure it's me being paranoid, but I've never been paranoid about it before. I'm not paranoid when I swim in the same leisure centre or going running in the park. It is really putting me off going.

I bet he is saying something like "I inducted her into this gym and look how amazing she is doing!"

That's my thoughts too :smile:
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Last night's dinner was a package of peanut butter/cheese crackers sandwiches and ice cream. Oh, and beer I didn't log. *tra la la*
  • eMka11
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I can't handle people on lots of these threads don't know the difference between "your" and "you're"...I apologize if I sound like a snob but it really grinds my gears. :s

What really gets ME is when I see someone use 'than' instead of 'then'. Poor grammar in general bothers me but I do admit I am a bit anal about it.

Oh, that one bugs me too!!!

The worst I've ever seen is "thoughs" instead of those. I'm just like ?????????? - Where does that come from?

I'm a huge spelling/grammar freak. lol The lack of spell check from people these days makes me so mad.

"Allowed" and "aloud" is one I'm seeing here more often. That one annoys me, too, but that is one of those that spell check won't change because it IS spelled correctly. Instead of spell check we need "proper grammar and sentence structure" check. Or, you know, just learn how to write the English language. (vent, sorry, not direct at anyone specific!)

Agree with you 100%. Grammar nazi here :s

Grammar nazi here too! What gets me is the plural spelled with apostrophe like cat's or even worse: mommy's not mommies! C'mon it's not a rocket science! People at work often ask me how to spell words and it's not even my first language...
  • Oberon21
    My confession of the day is that I woke up at 1.30 this morning from a dream where I offended everyone on this thread. I HAD to check it and read through the last 10 pages to check it wasn't true so I could go back to sleep.

Nope you are fine!
  • Oberon21
    I confess I am starting to want to post everything with wrong words, meaning, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
  • Fabwg
    Fabwg Posts: 1 Member
    MKEGal
    I really wish menopause would happen soon. (No chance; it's probably at least another 5 years away.) :disappointed:
    The rest of the month, I can take it or leave it. Those few days, no cookie or chip is safe.

Take it from someone who is going through menopause,it brings it's own set of weight gain issues. *SIGH*
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    A girl in the gym just said to me, " I'd never have thought someone your size would be able to run like you did". I ran 5k/41 minutes. I don't know whether to be pleased or offended lol
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Russandol wrote: »
    Confession: I'm elated by the sharp drop in my weight during the last three days, even though it was caused by/thanks to the All-Natural Norovirus Cleanse (a.k.a. Let's Have You Throw Up Everything That Isn't Bolted Down) and therefore just water weight. :/ Today is the first time in three days that I've a) managed to eat solid food and b) managed not to have all fluids go right through me. (Sorry for TMI.) While I'm happy to be able to eat again, I'm not looking forward to gaining back some of the 2.5+ kilos I lost due to dehydration....

:frowning: I hope you are feeling a lot better now.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    pofoster21 wrote: »

Nope you are fine!

I had a dream about this thread too, but it was so weird that I don't even want to mention it! O.O
  • Oberon21
    edited May 2015
    A girl in the gym just said to me, " I'd never have thought someone your size would be able to run like you did". I ran 5k/41 minutes. I don't know whether to be pleased or offended lol

Pleased. You are setting an example and kicking a**. Be the inspiration!
  • CynSearly
    CynSearly Posts: 23 Member
    Confession: My husband is not as serious about his health as he should be, and that scares me. A lot.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    Confession - I don't think I'm eating as much as I am supposed to eat.

If eating less is good, then eating a lot less is better, right? I hear we under estimate calories in and over estimate calories out, so I set my goal low and don't trust the calories burned. I am afraid to eat them back. I don't feel tired or weak, in fact I feel better than I have in a long time. Most of the time, I try to eat better because I am eating less. This week was a bit of a bust because my 7 year old gave me a pound of strawberries for Mother's Day and they had to be turned into Strawberry Shortcake. The little darling knows I am trying to watch what I eat and decided a big box of chocolates would make me sad, so he made a HUGE basket of all my favorite fruits. (I'll never be able to eat it all, unless I start a Bing Cherry Binge.)

I tell myself that I will eat more when I feel worse.

Confession 2 - Sometimes I open the freezer door just to stare at the Breyer's Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream.

Sometimes when I don't have any calories left I'll smell food haha.

Still not as bad as the guy I knew that would sprinkle salt packets into his mouth. >_<
    Confession: I cannot stand slower than time pedestrians crossing the street. I'm saying this as a person who walks every day and rides in a car maybe once a week. If there is tons of traffic and a car had to stop to let you pass, hurry the heck up. Everyone wants to get where they are going, not just you.

jack-sparrow-run.gif?w=594

LOLOL. Perfect.