• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,596 Member
    Options
    fc910497w9ea.jpg

Got gifts
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    So Kim and Pip. Is what you call mole a real mole???? You know that rodent we all hate to have in out yard????

Sylvia, you don't know how much I needed to see those pictures. I just want to say Calgon, take me away!!!

OK, I know several of you are concerned. I am just not coping well right now. There is just to much going on with Charlie's health and I'm not taking it very well. For some reason, when he had his colonoscopy and got his diagnosis, I was OK. I just thought they would give him some pills and sometimes would need some cortisone to get him through a flare just like I have to and it would be OK. Apparently it isn't that easy. When this doctor's nurse practitioner talked to us he talked about all the different forms of treatment, there wasn't a simple pill option. First off, is a series of infusions. You take your pick which one. They are given in an infusion center. I have had that done with my IV cortisone and you get charged for everything you even look at! And the cost of the drug itself is awful. Well last year he chose a cheap insurance. Next years will be a more expensive but better plan but January is a long time away. Or there is a clinical trial. You don't pay a thing, they pay everything, including transport and you are even compinsated for the use of your body as a human test tube. But you also have to have a colonoscopy EVERY month!!!! Wowsers. But no charge. So the appointment was Thursday and we still haven't talked about it. That evening I told him that I was writing a joint face book message to our girls and he asked why they needed to know. So his answer today still is, I don't want to talk about it. His diarrhea is better but that's because the cortisone is working. I have tried to help him understand that the cortisone is a medicine that can't be given all the time and it is main job is to treat flare ups. But he still has to have a continous treatment. Last year when the couldn't get his a fib under control was because his magnesium level was real low. So he had daily magnesium infusions. He has been on a daily dose since. But remember the good old treatment for constipation, Milk of Magnesia? Yep, Magnesium makes you poop. So this guy says we need to contact his cardiac doctor to see if he can go off that. Has he done that??? Nope. He says that's something I need to do. He says that since I was the cardiac nurse then I should do that, also take care of his Parkinson's and colitis. H can't seem to understand that I studied Parkinson's and bowel stuff in the late 1960's!!!! Things have changed and my brain sure has changed. I hate to think what kind of score I would make now on even a simple high school exam.

I think I still resent him walking out of the hospital right before my neuro was going to come in and give me my diagnosis of MS. We were given a time she would be there, I told my parents, daughter and future son in law in emergency trip from college and daughter from home. They were all there. Charlie got up and left and came back the next day. He expects me to go with him to all his appointments, because I am the nurse yet he has never even met mine.

Plus I slept wrong on my right shoulder last night so my neck, shoulder, arms and fingers hurt like *&*&^^& today. I am tired, exhausted, emotionally hurt and exhausted. I just want to sleep for a week, go to a spa or something. But yet i know going to church will help me, singing in the choir will help me. I bought a huge bag of M&M's and ate it and hate myself for that.

OK, you guys know why I have been off the grid the last couple of days. I love you all and appreciate your concern. I have read each and every post you have written and have wanted to write back but just don't have the strength to.

Joyce, Indiana
  • JoanMichelleAmena
    JoanMichelleAmena Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm new to MFP and to this group. I enjoyed reading your posts and noticed the kind, relaxed tone of your messages. Seems like you support one another like a group of old friends. I think posting here could help me stick with making healthy choices. I'm a retired fifth grade teacher living in Trussville, Alabama which is a suburb of Birmingham that has a small town character. Married 32 years with two grown daughters and one 3 year old granddaughter who I take care of 2-3 days per week. Let me follow suit by putting my May goals in writing:
    1. Learn to live out the serenity prayer. Stop worrying! Today's revelation: After 28 years of mothering, I suddenly realized that I now have almost no control over the health and happiness of my grown children. Time to surrender control and pray.
    2. Shop for only healthy foods. If I don't bring it home, I won't eat it.
    3. Walk or ride the stationary bike 5 times per week.
    4. Drink 8 glasses of water each day.
    My day: Oohed and ahhed at 3 year old performing duck dance in recital. Caught up on dishes and laundry. Cooked breakfast casserole for tomorrow's high school graduation event at church, cooked vegetable soup with ground beef and ground turkey, held anxiety over daughter's upcoming tonsillectomy at bay (long story), took car for tire rotation, watched sloppy Preekness horserace on TV, played with granddaughter who is spending the night.
    Pip - nice pictures of chilling out with the fam
    GodMomKim - goal of having fun is a good one to remember. How strange we tend to forget it. Love the CA coastline picture. Visited CA rocky coastline once, and it was breathtaking.
    exermom- You picked the right name for yourself. WOW! 55 min. DVD
    jane - Taking care of your elderly mom has to be challenging. I haven't crossed that bridge yet, and admire those who have.
    Annr- I like the way you don't beat around the bush. You owned it.
    dreamwriter- Same here. Some days I don't leave the house or turn on the TV all day. Guess I'm thinking.
    mollywhippet - Chicago?
    grandmallie- I'm not brave enough to try tile, but I must brag and say that I diagnosed my ailing clothes dryer last week and changed the belt. Thanks to You Tube.
    italy10548 You dance in Italy? I could enjoy that.
    peachstategal - Y'all are southerners! Well hey! Pass the grits.
    Lilymay2 That can be my challenge, trying to walk without hurting my foot. Just mild case of plantar fasciitis though. Really hasn't bothered me in months, so I need to quit using that excuse for not walking!
    margaretturk Because I taught school, I know how much teachers appreciate a wonderful substitute teacher! End of the year can get crazy!
    fancy0626- What's with DH, DGS, etc. in this group? Does DH=darling husband? DGS=darling grandson?
    fastforlife1 kickboxing? I don't think my legs still lift, but maybe someday. Proud of you too!
    Katia49-horseback riding always looks like so much fun, but the horses just don't cooperate with me! 75 pounds lost! Congrats!
    cityjaneLondon-I'm going to love reading your posts and noticing the difference in UK and US expressions.
    drkatiebug-Another southern neighbor! I have to agree about Atlanta traffic. It strikes fear in our hearts. Birmingham traffic can be aggravating, but for the opposite reason. Moves like molasses sometimes.

Joan in Trussville, Alabama

• Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I see Joan in Trussville understands Dr. KatieBug and PeachStateGal. ;) I love the South and appreciate so many things here, especially some of the expressions. I live in metro Atlanta, too, and dread the traffic! I'm grateful for a 10-12 minute commute.

Gail, metro ATL
  • Bobbie63
    Bobbie63 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    my motto @Bobbie63 is: There is perfection in imperfection. :-)

YOU are very correct
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,137 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Fastforlife1 -I love kickboxing! Good for you.

Karla -hope you can celebrate your DH birthday today. I hope you both are feeling better. I am glad that you were able to go on your horseback ride. We used to use a Hackamore too.

Heather-welcome home! I hope you enjoy your new sauce pan. My husband loves his kitchen tools.

Jane - we will pray for you and your family. (((Hugs)))

Drkatiebug - I hope your drive goes smoothly. I'm sorry to hear about your friends DH.

Pip it looks like a beautiful day. Great pics. You look great!

Allison - sorry to hear about how your DH talked to you. It is a good thing for you to be nice.

Vicki - it is good to vent. I tell my DH only 3 more years.

Sylvia amazing picture. With all the walking you are doing you will be fine.

Kim - I've done that for friends before.

Michele - I am ready for it all to be over. I remember those days of trying to get the water just right. I bought it from a service for a few years.

Annr - step away from the tacos! Clean out your cupboards and get back on track. You can do it!

Joyce - I'm sorry to hear about all you and DH are going through! (((Hugs)))

Joan- great goals! You are right about DH...they are abbreviations. You have come to the right spot for support!

We had a great time at DGS baseball games. Came home and set some stuff up for moving sale. Then we relaxed and watched a movie. Exhausted!

Have a great night everyone.

Mary from Minnesota
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Sylvia - Very nice photos. Enjoy your views. You are getting in a lot of walking, I think you should be fine.

fastforlife - Learning something new is always good. Give yourself a pat on the back.

Heather - How many languages do you speak? I am trying to teach myself Italian but it is a slow go.

Pip - What is mole?

Joyce- Sending you hugs and strength.

Had my evaluation today. No big surprises. It really is a little frustrating to know that because I did well last year anything less is considered not meeting expectations. I doubt there is a huge raise involved any way.
    My patience with DH is very low. I am trying but listening to complaints about everything and everyone really does get old fast. Thank goodness he went for coffee with a friend this afternoon. We went to the movie "Insurgent" this evening.
    My exercise and eating are still not where they should be. I am feeling exhausted all of the time right now.
    May Goals
    - Checking blood sugar at least once a day (hasn't been happening)
    - Eating breakfast
    - Scheduling fun in to my day
    - Being more aware.

-Sharon (longing for sun while knowing we need the rain)
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Joyce: ((((((hugs)))))

Pip: you have gorgeous skin!

Not much to tell here. Have a chest cold. Nice weather. Got my new prescription sunglasses yesterday and love them. The ones I had were about 8 years old and my prescription had changed.

Hope we all have a good day.

Cynthia :flowerforyou:
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,742 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    Joyce~ I have those days alot lately... sending you love and hugs xoxoxoxo
    Pip~ you look divine and happy God Bless ya xoxoxo
    I am up and had warm lemon water and will have a cup of tea..
    there is a viral infection going around and I am self diagnosing but think that is what I have .. I am going to try and lay low today and relax, which is sorta hard when you live with my hubby,because he is always doing something..
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,954 Member
    Options
    :) Joan in Alabama, welcome....you did a great job of jumping right in and joining the conversation....this wonderful community of women has kept me motivated and accountable for years as I lost the weight I thought I could never lose and then keep it off. I like your goal of shopping for only healthy foods. It helps me to not have stuff in my cupboards that cause me problems.

<3 Barbie from NW Washington
  • naiomi2015
    naiomi2015 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

It's been a while since I've posted. Trying to catch-up w/ everyone's thoughts and activities.

Carey Tex mex spuds - sound good. I don't know if I would have the discipline to eat only half of the potato though.

Pip California - One of my favorite places and I have not been in a long while. (I'm trying not to be envious.)Hope you have a nice trip.

drkatiebug I like your pastor's approach to Proverbs 31. I find it so discouraging when it is held up as an example of perfect womanhood. It is refreshing and freeing. I am also one that whose first reaction to "In my Father's house there are many rooms and I have gone to prepare a place for you." is - I hope I'm not expected to clean them. LOL

cityjaneLondon The way you describe the scenery of your walk is so vivid. - Love it. Thanks for posting the pic too.

I'm nowhere near caught up reading but decided to post anyway. I have been logging my food even though I have been awol - it shows as my choices have been horrible. I get to meet the new boss next Saturday. I also get the stitches out of my back on Wed. Then I will be able to get back to the elliptical. No exercises for 3 weeks plus bad food choices have equaled a 3 lb gain for me. They're the natural consequences of my behavior but I hate them.

Heading off this am to celebrate a church anniversary. Always fun. Hoping to steer clear of the deserts.

Naiomi2015 in 62 F and sunny Massachusetts
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,275 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies!

So sorry for those of you who have big troubles and stuff on your mind. Joan is so right about the serenity prayer. Letting go of the things we cannot change is the key. Easier said than done, but worth working on.
    Big hugs for Jane, Joyce, Beth, Sharon and those others who have temporarily slipped my mind. In fact, let's have a group hug! ! ! ! ! ((((((((((HUG))))))))))

DH has gone off to cricket. He's still annoyed at the hospital, but in a better mood. At least all our treatment is free, even if we sometimes have to wait a bit longer than we'd like. It will get done and he's not in pain, only occasional discomfort. If he could swallow his political objections he could pay to have it done privately, but I know he won't do that.

I dropped him off and went to my superstore to buy trainers and food. I bought the first pair I saw, from the men's department. My old ones had been hurting my toes and are worn out. These are just cheapish ones, but look nice and are big enough to fit my orthotics in. They seem to suit the over the counter orthotics better than my custom ones, so I might use them. I am wearing them around the house as I want them for the trip to York soon. Lots of walking there!
    So I counted 45 mins slow walking for my shopping trip as I also bought some hold up stockings for a coming party and lots of delicious food, mainly fish and veg. My lunch I bought there was chilli squid, garlic prawns and grilled artichokes. A huge plate full for 400 cals. Dinner tonight is breaded chunky cod fillet, with British asparagus and tzatziki (greek yoghourt dip) 400 cals again. Added to my 600 exercise this morning makes 717. Actually I still have to do 10 minutes weight training this pm, but I will do it.
    I did myself a favour in fact as we have DS#2 and family coming next weekend, when I will present him with the saucepan. :D The dessert is already in the freezer. It is thst orange cake I made with buckwheat flour I posted a photo of a while ago. I kept back some syrup as well. DH is going to make his glorious fish pie. :D All I had to do was a starter. I decided that as they would have just arrived and would be trying to settle the grandchildren to bed, it would be better if they could just grab a nibble as and when. Normally I make canapés, but the store had deli bites on offer so I bought three different sorts. I csn freeze them and heat them up on the day. With a dipping sauce or two they will be perfect and I am refusing to feel guilty for not making them from scratch. :drinker: B)
    We are babysitting the DGC that weekend for a night as DS#2 and DDIL are going away for a night on their own for DS' s birthday treat. They are going to a nice hotel in the New Forest. (Joyce? Google! ) which is only 40 mins from here. DS doesn't know about it as it is a surprise, so we've got to remember not to let anything slip on the Friday night. :ohwell: Don't know how well we're going to manage that! ! ! ! ! ! Funny, DS gave DDIL a night in Paris for her birthday (we are babysitting again!!) and she is giving him this night away. Neither of them knew about the other. :laugh: It was quite difficult remembering who knew what about which! ! !,, :laugh:

Right must get on and lift those pesky weights. I want to put pen to paper for a few minutes as well. :ohwell:

Love Heather in flowery Hampshire UK
  • MMinMD
    MMinMD Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday all!

Made some nice whole wheat banana pancakes for bfast – added some cottage cheese for extra protein, and some raspberries that were on their last legs. Two big fluffy pancakes w/ a bit of maple syrup for 300 cal and 7 g protein. My tummy is feeling a bit bleh this weekend, so haven’t had any issues keeping calories down.

Carol et al. - Hope everyone is enjoying weddings & graduations. We don’t have any of those this spring, and I’m missing it. My DD graduated college in ’13 and my son will graduate next year. Both engineers.

Sylvia et al - Lots of late spring vacationers, hope you are having a fantastic time! Lots of folks I know have been to Barcelona recently – there was just a big toxicology conference there, looks wonderful, enjoy the Gaudi, and worry about logging food again when you get back!

Lillian – we have been drying out about a month earlier than usual here on the east coast. I’ve been watering my newest plants and tomatoes, unusual for May. Then we got a nice little rain last nite, maybe ¼ inch, with about the same forecast for today and tomorrow. Perfect.

Margaret et al – congrats on finishing up another school year!

Fastforlife – I too love spreadsheets and keep a running account of calories in (MFP)/calories burned (fitbit). And yeah, it helps a lot to see that a) the balance really predicts weight loss pretty well and b) I am slowly losing weight even if I have bad periods.

Katla – non-stick olive oil – yup, I love it, use it for everything in a pan!

Pip - Looks like u are running through orchards? And oh, I love mole. Wouldn’t have thought to pair it with potato salad tho, lol. Damn you look good in that photo. Motivation for me thanks… and happy bday!

Vicki – keep on venting, that’s what we’re here for. BUT if you are way stressed, maybe you need to find a way to change jobs?

Grandmaille – sad your husband is mean to u. You’d think that your being nice might rub off on him. ☹

Jane, Kim, etc - So many of us have elderly parents that we help to take care of. My Dad is in an apartment in a retirement community very nearby. He’s had a bad cold all week and is starting to get confused. One thing I’ve learned about early dementia is that being worn out or stressed, or busy really makes the confusion worse. I’ll go over soon and get the on-site EMTs to listen to his chest, see if he needs to go see the doc today (get him in before I have to miss a day of work).

Joan in AL –welcome! I started MFP in Jan with lots of big goals and am accomplishing weight loss, but slowly. I found that I have to PAY ATTENTION to food, planning, eating, exercise; keep track and keep changing this toward what works. It’s a long haul, but hopefully a permanent change.

Joyce – sorry to hear about your husband’s gut issues. Lots of folks just want to hide what’s going on, probably even from themselves. Stinks that he wants you there to help him but he can’t do it for you. Hang in there and have some M&M’s if you need ‘em.

Cynthia – get well soon, you know the drill – rest, hydrate.

Naomi – it’s OK, glad you are back after medical issue. We just have to keep at this and our lives will change.

Today’s reason to lose weight:
    To be happier!

Cindy in SoMD
  • peachstategal
    peachstategal Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Joan from Alabama ~ I too am a retired 5th grade teacher. Mostly taught science but loved teaching reading and English as well as social studies. Love grits.

Joyce and Vicky and other going through tough times ~ hugs for all of you.

My niece's wedding was a lot of fun and she was a beautiful bride. Some unusual parts: the groom and his groomsmen wore shorts; the couple's little dog participated in the ceremony; and the music was not traditional but lovely anyhow. The only downer was on the way home I started coughing so badly I wet my pants. How embarrassing.

Carol/Peach
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,275 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Sharon - Sorry, forgot to answer your question about languages.
    I speak pretty decent French, but not good enough to catch everything if they gabble! Learnt that at school and many, many holidays there. I speak a good enough Spanish for general conversation. I learnt that as an adult at night classes and have visited Spain, Mexico and Peru for a month at a time. My Italian is self taught from phrase books. Minimal, but OK for tourism. German the same. I usually have a quick blast at it before I go to a country. Lots of stuff on line for a quick revision. I buy women's magazines in the language. Some are on line from Google Play. I did a lot of German on line with games etc for kids and found a kids cartoon type text book with exercises very useful.
    I think it is important to take it little and often. It often seems I am getting nowhere and it is easy to get discouraged as it goes out of my head as quickly as it goes in. My retention of new material is poor at my age. However, repetition is the key. Doing it again and again and again eventually means something sticks. Even a little is better than nothing. Five minutes a day is better than an hour a week. I watch my films in order to get better at the accent and I think a bit does sink in. On TV over here we have Inspector Montalbano, which has helped with my Italian. Films keep my French ticking over and I learn a bit of slang. Spanish is, I think, the easiest to learn and I love Almodovar films. I find German difficult and frustrating.
    But I do love languages and have a go at a few phrases wherever I am. I stab at Portuguese. Laughable! ! ! !
    My advice is to keep plugging away, watch a few films, find some videos etc on line and, if you can find a native speaker all the better. Are you thinking of going to Italy? Remember - you're a long time dead and time waits for no man. :laugh:

Love to you - Heather UK
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Thank you Mary – yes down 2 pounds already… and after chasing little granddaughter around yesterday maybe down more.

The rain did come – but only sprinkles. ½ the roof finished at DS#2 the other today.

Katla – the Heart & Stroke Big Bike is a 30 passenger bike (3 rows wide), a person signs up to ride and gets sponsors to raise funds for the heart & Stroke Foundation. You can google it – I think there is a picture on the website.

Sylvia – nice pictures

Vickie – rant away…. It always feels better to talk about it.

Pip – nice of your mom to do that for you… Looking good and relaxed!!

Joan – I have had bone spurs. Physio helped that and an understanding of the muscle structure down the side of my calf and under the foot. I have used some pain cream and it seems to be helping.

Sharon – (((( hugs )))) I sure hope things get better for you and DH. I heard to learn a new language you should play the program in your headphones in your sleep. What is that called – subliminal messages…. Maybe try that on your DH too!! AND I hope you get rain too. I think we should all do a rain dance…the weeds aren’t even growing in my garden..

Best go and get dressed before my little DGD gets up. She is coughing again. She is way out of sync - 5 days in New York is just too much for a little 20 month baby!!! She had a bad night - coughed lots and missed her mom and dad. Cried for half an hour about 1 a.m..... Her daddy will be here sometime this morning to pick her up - he was at a stag party and her mom was at a "zombie run" (similar to a "mud run" I think) ... So busy these kids are.

Take care everyone .. ((((((((((((( GROUP HUG )))))))))))))))))))

Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan
    Doing a rain dance.... and please make that wind go away!!!

May goals:
    Walk 100 miles, 20 days over 10000 steps update – 79 miles /12 days over
    Strength training 3x’s per week update – walking with weights
    Finish company taxes and purge office filing cabinet – procrastinating really well on this one.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,742 Member
    Options
    a quick hello~hubby finishing up bathroom,and I just made patty labelle's turkey burgers.. and put them in the freezer. beuaitful outside but hot, will probably just lay low and try and get some rest the rest of the day..
    keep all of you in the midwest in my prayers, there are some nasty tornados out your way... everyone stay safe <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: I’m glad you’re safely home, and sorry about the missed phone call regarding DH’s needed surgery. I hope that is easily straightened out. I’m glad your son’s gift wasn’t damaged in the mail. I googled New Forest. What a charming place!

Jane: I am sorry you were unable to see your mom in the hospital. Stress is a negative factor in life and I wonder if there are small things that would help ease yours, just a bit. It is good to hear that your mom is home from the hospital.

Dr. Katie: You are an angel to give your DD and her hubby a night out together. I’m sure it was appreciated. You have racked up big points in the Grandma Hall of Fame with all the bonus points for enduring the horrible traffic maze to get there and back.

Pip: Where is that particular stretch of road? It looks like it could use a bit of care and maintenance. It also looks like it is nowhere near Seattle & Tacoma. I love the photos. Your mom is lovely and you look happy and relaxed.

Vicki: I don’t know how to cure the lifestyle issues that go along with a stressful job. I just kept on gaining weight until I retired, but I really didn’t realize what I was doing to my own health. I hope you are able to find ways to get rid of your stress that don’t involve excess eating and drinking.

Sylvia: The church is amazing. Enjoy every moment of your trip! I love the jokes. :bigsmile:

Joyce: I am sorry that your DH has been behaving so selfishly. The man seems to lack understanding. If you need to lurk for a while, lurk. If you need to vent, we’re here to listen.

JoanMIchelle: Welcome to a great group.

Sharon: Hugs.

DH is awake and begging for coffee. I have no plans for the day at this point, beyond taking coffee upstairs and finishing a cleanup project aboard the fishing boat. I’d left granola bars aboard and something found them, tore apart the box and left a chocolatey mess on the seat. Thank goodness it didn’t stick around to tear up upholstery or poop in the boat.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

May Goals:
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back
    strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Eliminate alcohol. Accomplished but here as a reminder.
    6. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png

• Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday. I am only working 6-noon today as going to DGS's gradution party. They live in Hebron which is about 120 miles. Our DGD graduates in Iowa today also, but she waited so long to let us know when it was that we could not arrange to get there. Then I think we are done with graduations for this year. Yesterday was not a good food day, but not giving up.

Sylvia--Beautiful picture. You are so lucky to have a DH that can make things happen. He sounds alot like mine. I know I am very Blessed.

Pip--Thanks for sharing the pictures. Looks like you are relaxed and having fun.

Joyce--Sending prayers and HUGS. Wish I lived closer or was something I could do. Please take care of you.

Mary--I am looking for another job. Bad thing is I have been here 28 years and can not afford a cut in pay. So know God has a plan and I need to trust him and let things go.

Well ladies time to wrap things up for today and get ready for the long car ride. I have a book I plan to read and that helps pass the time. DBIL is going with us and we will be picking up DSIL to come back with us. I am off tomorrow and have to remember I have to be at the dentist at 730am so they can take molds of my mouth to line my dentures. Planning to stay close to home as will not have my teeth until about 430pm. I just hope it helps and they fit and stop making sores.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE
  • maineapple
    maineapple Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Thanks Barbie! My April goals were,
    April goals :
    Make healthier food choices
    Stronglift 5x5, 3 times / week
    Move more sit less
    Drink 8 glasses of water
    Decrease cardio to 0 - 45 minutes on stronglift days
    Decrease cardio to 0 - 60 minutes on non-stronglift days
    Coconut oil pulling 4-7 days /week
    Word - prioritize
    Quote - I - Know - I - Can

I accomplished all of my goals except decreasing cardio to only 60 minutes on non-stronglift days. If I go swimming I don't feel it is hard enough to count, so I do another exercise. I'm afraid I will gain weight!

I'm going to keep these goals for May. I think I will have success if I am consistent.

Have a great night everyone!

Mary from Minnesota

Mary: What do you mean by Coconut oil pulling 4-7 days /week? Curious.