I am never hungry I have to force myself to eat and I just gain gain gain weight

Options

Replies

• FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    If you believe all of the "drug/medication" makes me store fat/gain weight theories than you all do realize that this drug/medication that makes you store fat, solves the world hunger, right?

Wrong because not all medications affect each person the same way.
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

I've taken every AD on the market, as well. I was 95 lbs when I started the meds. Prior to starting them, I couldn't gain a pound no matter how hard I tried. After gaining the initial 20 lbs, I saw a dietitian who put me on a restrictive diet and I followed it to a T. I was a competitive gymnast and cheerleader, training 3 hours a day, 5 times a week. I wasn't eating more or moving less. In fact, I was eating less and still as active as I was before I started the meds. Antidepressants can directly cause metabolic disorders, hence my situation. Not only did I develop insulin resistance and hyperinsulinemia, I have a medically low RMR now on top of it.

Science is constantly evolving. This is a field in particular that is not well understood and more research needs to be conducted to figure out why people gain massive amounts of weight on AD's when they are not eating more calories. Hopefully some day, a genius will figure it out so more people don't have to suffer.

Edited to fix grammar.

I have never had anything like that happen to me on anti depressants. I've gained weight on them, but I know I was eating more. I was also very thin when I was younger (underweight actually), but as I got older I was eating more and moving less so I gained weight. I am now 63 lbs heavier than I was when I was 18, but I don't blame the anti depressants at all. I blame myself.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Has OP been back any time recently....?
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    You are trying to make it read something that isn't there. They still burn calories. The OP is claiming she is eating under maintenance and gaining. No where does it say that the people with the condition you listed will be able to store fat in a caloric deficit. If your TDEE reduces due to the condition you would still not be able to gain eating 300 calories like she is. What are you claiming, that her TDEE is 250 calories????

I don't have all the answers. The point is that there are medical conditions that affect a person's 'calories out' in all sorts of ways that are not yet fully understood, even by the experts (as they will admit themselves) and that people with such conditions can be virtually starving yet still gain weight.

No they can't. It is not physically possible to create matter out of empty space. We must consume mass in order to add mass to ourselves. I'm completely open to the possibility that there are beings in the universe who do not need to do that and who can extract energy from air and turn it into body mass; however we Earth creatures are not yet that evolved.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    If you believe all of the "drug/medication" makes me store fat/gain weight theories than you all do realize that this drug/medication that makes you store fat, solves the world hunger, right?

So why not try it out on all the hungry little children??? and see who is affected by it and gain some weight?

Its *kitten* sorry

You gain weight when you consume to much calories!!

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

Nope.

• BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options

No i was mean to her by telling the truth
    i chased her off apparently.

We all know she is reading this......

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    The pills made me fat excuse!!
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    Options

So why not try it out on all the hungry little children??? and see who is affected by it and gain some weight?

Its *kitten* sorry

Because putting children on medications that have dangerous side effects and aren't absolutely necessary is irresponsible :)
  • sofaking6
    Options

Its *kitten* sorry

Because putting children on medications that have dangerous side effects and aren't absolutely necessary is irresponsible :)

More irresponsible than letting them starve to death when a simple pill could make them gain weight without having to eat food? I can't imagine that's the case.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Its *kitten* sorry

Starving children in third world countries.... Kind of necessary, no?
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »

Its *kitten* sorry

More irresponsible than letting them starve to death when a simple pill could make them gain weight without having to eat food? I can't imagine that's the case.

No where did anyone say without having to eat food.
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    TIL, children who are starving to death should not be used in weight gain pill studies due to possible negative side effects.

Damn...late as usual.
  • sofaking6
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »

Its *kitten* sorry

No where did anyone say without having to eat food.

Um, you did. You said you gained a ton of weight on a calorie deficit. Either you can create body mass out of nothing, or you can't. Make up your mind.
  • smittybuilt19
    Options
    My desk is making me fat and keeping me that way...harharhar
  • gvizzle74
    gvizzle74 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Bshmerlie wrote: »
    First use the food diary and record everything you do eat. Make sure to use a scale and weigh everything to make sure it is acurate. Eat as you normally do and see how many calories you're actually consuming. Often times we eat more than we think. Or our food choices are so bad we are starving our body nutritionally speaking with sugar foods with no substanance.

There is nothing wrong with sugar.

http://www.businessinsider.com/effects-of-eating-too-much-sugar-2014-3
  • Chrysalid2014
    Chrysalid2014 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »

Where exactly does it state that a person can be virtually starving and can gain weight?

Where does it state someone can gain weight while in a caloric deficit like the OP that is eating 350 calories or so?

1. The pathogenesis of this condition involves the inability to transduce afferent hormonal signals of adiposity, in effect mimicing a state of CNS starvation.

2. It doesn't state a minimum or maximum number of calories.
  • smittybuilt19
    Options
    MFP classic a brewin'

Are there any bases left uncovered?
  • JessNelson_
    JessNelson_ Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Bshmerlie wrote: »
    First use the food diary and record everything you do eat. Make sure to use a scale and weigh everything to make sure it is acurate. Eat as you normally do and see how many calories you're actually consuming. Often times we eat more than we think. Or our food choices are so bad we are starving our body nutritionally speaking with sugar foods with no substanance.

There is nothing wrong with sugar.

There is a lot wrong with sugar and how it spikes insulin levels and can cause many problems with our metabolisms. Do a little research. Sugar is the enemy in weight loss. We need some but not the amount most people actually eat.
This discussion has been closed.